Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

BBC to show impeachment hearings in full

Good for them!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16November 13, 2019 6:28 PM

I don't get this fascination with American politics by foreigners in political threads. What's it to them? Is it mostly gleeful schadenfreude?

by Anonymousreply 1November 9, 2019 7:09 PM

No, R1, it’s about allowing one of our strongest allies to present a lesson in what happens when democracy teeters on the brink of tyranny.

by Anonymousreply 2November 9, 2019 10:00 PM

America affects the world.

I am curious how the impeachment will affect the stock market. It is inexplicable that the market just keeps going up.

by Anonymousreply 3November 9, 2019 10:22 PM

BBC!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4November 9, 2019 10:57 PM

They'll never let Trump 'testify'. He will perjure himself immediately.

by Anonymousreply 5November 9, 2019 11:37 PM

Is it true that Linsday Lohan will be hosting the hearings live from Dubai?

by Anonymousreply 6November 9, 2019 11:48 PM

[quote]I don't get this fascination with American politics by foreigners in political threads. What's it to them?

How depressing. "I don't get it, why does anyone care about what happens in the rest of the world?!"

Spoken like a provincial human being who doesn't own a passport.

by Anonymousreply 7November 9, 2019 11:53 PM

R3, it was partly the effect of the Trump tax cuts. Corporations had more money, so they spent it buying back their own shares, driving up the price and making shareholders wealthier.

by Anonymousreply 8November 10, 2019 12:00 AM

I own a passport thank you very much. Just that much of the focus on Trump by foreigners seems to be mean spirited condescension.

by Anonymousreply 9November 10, 2019 1:34 AM

Aren't you fascinated by Hitler and Mussolini and don't you wonder how that happened?

by Anonymousreply 10November 10, 2019 1:49 AM

CNN showed the royal wedding in full.

I guess impeachment hearings are America's royal wedding.

by Anonymousreply 11November 11, 2019 4:33 AM

Impeach the motherfucker.

And remove him from office.

by Anonymousreply 12November 11, 2019 4:53 AM

PBS is not showing the full hearings.

by Anonymousreply 13November 13, 2019 5:45 PM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14November 13, 2019 5:48 PM

[quote]PBS is not showing the full hearings.

Miss Joy Behar of "The View" has advocated for everyone calling PBS and registering a complaint.

by Anonymousreply 15November 13, 2019 5:50 PM

PBS pfft. It gave up like 30 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 16November 13, 2019 6:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!