Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Supernatural - Part 10

Season 15.

The Famous Final Scene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171December 4, 2019 3:07 PM

I got really emotional during the season 15 opening scene.

One thing about Supernatural, is that they have great music.

by Anonymousreply 1November 7, 2019 4:25 AM

Very persistent, OP. We'll be up to thread 15 by Christmas time 😆

by Anonymousreply 2November 7, 2019 8:24 AM

SNEAK PEEK:

Sam Winchester is having a difficult time dealing with foe-turned-ally Rowena’s death in TVLine’s exclusive Supernatural sneak peek — or is something else entirely troubling him?

In the above scene from this Thursday’s episode (The CW, 8/7c), a groggy Sam claims that “weird dreams” have invaded his sleep after Dean asks if he had a rough night. But the elder brother isn’t buying the explanation. “The past few days, you’ve barely come out of your room,” Dean notes. When Sam doesn’t respond, even though he’s clearly going through something, Dean continues, “I get it, OK?”

“Rowena knew what she was getting herself into,” Dean adds. “She knew what needed to be done.”

“It doesn’t make it any easier,” Sam replies.

With all of the loss the brothers have been dealt recently — remember, it wasn’t that long ago that they also watched Jack die — it’s understandable that Sam isn’t coping so well. But could his “weird dreams” comment actually be about the visions he experienced in the season opener? “As they keep happening more and more, I think it’s going to dawn on [Sam that] this may be more than just PTSD,” co-showrunner Andrew Dabb previously told TVLine.

Elsewhere in the episode, which was directed by star Jensen Ackles, “Sam and Dean investigate the mysterious death of a girl and the disappearance of another” at a school, per the official synopsis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 7, 2019 12:28 PM

It doesn't have to be that way R2, if it wasn't for these dumb paywalls.

We could have still been posting to Part 7 or 8.

by Anonymousreply 4November 7, 2019 12:29 PM

The storyline for Rowena's death, was so convoluted.

That long-winded explanation for why she had to do what she had to do, was so ridiculous.

The show never used to be this complicated.

by Anonymousreply 5November 7, 2019 12:30 PM

That song at the opening of the season premiere, was really nice.

Who sings it?

by Anonymousreply 6November 7, 2019 12:48 PM

New episode tonight!

by Anonymousreply 7November 7, 2019 6:08 PM

I love Jared.

Can't wait for his new show. I'll give it 100% support.

by Anonymousreply 8November 7, 2019 6:22 PM

Copied and pasted this from the Part 9 thread:

[quote] Heads up: Tonight the show is back and it's a Jensen-directed episode. I read an article where he talks about it and it sounds exciting, which will be refreshing after the last few dog eps. He says there are some heavy action scenes that required a lot of stunt men - he says it's "Dean Winchester as John Wick". Okay!

Sorry, R252. Just trying to keep the conversation going. Part 9 is paywalled, aka DEAD.

by Anonymousreply 9November 7, 2019 7:23 PM

Why are they paywalling old SPN threads?

What's the point?

by Anonymousreply 10November 7, 2019 7:30 PM

[quote] Why are they paywalling old SPN threads? What's the point?

Exactly, R10.

There are two reasons for paywalling.

1. It's a popular thread with lots of people posting.

2. Assholes are constantly FF'ing the thread, because they want to close it down.

Considering that it's a Supernatural thread, the answer is #2. Asshole haters are constantly FF'ing the thread, so that it will get paywalled. That's why it's usually only open to posters for about 250 replies, and then it gets paywalled.

If these assholes would just leave us the fuck alone, the thread could probably make it to 450 or even 600 replies, because there aren't very many Supernatural fans.

But these fucking asshole haters - being who they are - just want to keep ruining our conversation.

Well they can just go FUCK THEMSELVES.

by Anonymousreply 11November 7, 2019 7:36 PM

I'm happy that tonight is going to be a normal episode.

I was really tired of that stupid zombie storyline.

by Anonymousreply 12November 7, 2019 8:24 PM

So this thread will get paywalled too when the unhinged haters come rolling in and can't stand the heat?

And then someone will just start a new SPN thread part whatever. Shows paywalling is a pointless exercise.

The unhinged haters are such cowards.

Man, they like to write their strident diatribes in CAPS but are weak as piss when it comes to backing up their usual false claims about the actors that end up being just third party hearsay.

If SPN holds its usual audience today, it could end up the Number one show of the week on CW. The haters will have a meltdown if so.

by Anonymousreply 13November 7, 2019 8:37 PM

That would be awesome, R13.

The season started off slow, but the ratings are getting better with each week.

I don't know if SPN reached #1 on CW in season 14, but I have a feeling that it'll hit that mark a few times in Season 15.

The series finale might even break a ratings record, if the CW promotes it properly.

by Anonymousreply 14November 7, 2019 8:41 PM

SPN usually finished each year around the number 2 show on the network in these latter years. Only beaten by The Flash.

by Anonymousreply 15November 7, 2019 8:46 PM

Threads can also get paywalled if there's only a few people posting.

by Anonymousreply 16November 7, 2019 9:11 PM

That doesn't make sense, R16.

And I've never actually seen that happen.

by Anonymousreply 17November 7, 2019 9:15 PM

Those first 5 minutes were hot and Jensen looked dope with the scruff, tactical vest and hair. Dang, only 30 seconds of Benny!

I gotta say... Jared's acting is putrid and annoying. That hesitant way of talking was cute back in the day but I'm tired of it and it's so corny now.

by Anonymousreply 18November 8, 2019 1:24 AM

I can't believe people watch this garbage. Didn't one of these nobodys just get arrested? Awful show.

by Anonymousreply 19November 8, 2019 1:40 AM

R17 then you must be on the wrong threads.

by Anonymousreply 20November 8, 2019 3:55 AM

Why do you all keep starting threads when the others haven't filled up? Jesus are you people so broke you can't afford 2.00 goddamn dollars a month to get behind a paywall?

Tonight was yet another shitty, totally lackluster episode that did nothing but showcase Jared's wooden acting and Jensen's readiness to get the hell off Supernatural.

I think I'm done watching live. I might catch the rest of the season on Netflix, just to see how they end it, but I'm really disappointed. I thought this season was going to be the best yet.

by Anonymousreply 21November 8, 2019 4:41 AM

The other threads are locked because of dolts like you R21 who shut them down because you basically cant win an argument.

I am sure you'll do the same to this and we'll just keep opening up new ones.

You lot are truly unbalanced.

by Anonymousreply 22November 8, 2019 5:28 AM

R22 i think you're giving R21 way too much credit.

by Anonymousreply 23November 8, 2019 9:23 AM

[quote] Jared's acting is putrid and annoying.

Omg, I'm sad to say that you're right.

In his early days on SPN, Jared used to prepare for each episode, and you could tell. His acting was believeable.

Now, however, he can barely recite his lines.

Whoever said that his personal life is spilling out into his professional life, may be correct.

This was never more evident, than on last night's episode.

by Anonymousreply 24November 8, 2019 6:14 PM

How Jensen got Benny to return:

He wasn’t back for long, but his return still made an impact.

The fourth episode of Supernatural‘s final season kicked off with a dream — or was it a vision? — of Sam’s. In that dream, Dean is seen making his way through the bunker’s hallways killing demon after demon. And when he finds one of his fallen teammates, he leans down and we see that it’s Benny! Sadly, Benny doesn’t make it out of the scene alive — then again, neither does Dean — but for director Jensen Ackles, it was important for fans to see a familiar face in that moment.

“It was just written as a soldier,” Ackles recalls. “I was like, ‘Can we get a familiar face, somebody that we know?’ So they sent over a couple of names of people from the past. I think one was Donna or Jody or Bobby. There was a list of possibilities, and they started calling down the list and nobody was really available for that day. Then I was like, ‘What about Ty [Olsson]?'”

Olsson first appeared on Supernatural in season 2 as a vampire named Eli but would later return to the show in season 8 as Benny, Dean’s vampire bestie from his time in purgatory. He was last seen on the show in season 10.

“I called Ty and was like, ‘Dude, are you available to come for like half a day on Friday and shoot this,'” Ackles says. “He was like, ‘I’m in Calgary. I’m working Thursday and then I have to work Monday but I have Friday off, I can fly in no problem.’ So he came in and literally he was there for a few hours and knocked it out. It was so cool having him there. It was like he’d never left.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 8, 2019 7:39 PM

Wow, this episode only drew a 1.12 million share. I think that's probably an all time low for spn. I thought maybe fans would tune in for the episode that Jensen directed.

by Anonymousreply 26November 9, 2019 2:13 AM

Young John Winchester (Matt Cohen) interviews Sam and Dean Winchester.

Omg.... they're all so hot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27November 9, 2019 2:34 AM

Rating Live for The Week

1.The Flash 1.19

2.Batwoman 1.16

3.Supernatural 1.12

4.Legacies 0.79

5.Supergirl 0.78

6.Riverdale 0.79

7.Charmed 0.66

8.Arrow 0.62

9.Nancy Drew 0.62

10.All American 0.38

by Anonymousreply 28November 9, 2019 2:36 AM

No comments on the actual episode?

I thought it was pretty good.

I'm still confused about what the hell is wrong with Sam.

by Anonymousreply 29November 9, 2019 2:46 AM

I think the dream was a bit of hint of Chuck's new story. Technically his new story came after Sam's dream but I don't think SPN worries about those little inconsistencies.

The vampire story was meh, but all MOTW shows they do now are meh because they are usually just retreads of previous ones. Not surprising after doing 300+ episodes.

More interesting were the Chuck and Becky scenes.

I began to think Chuck was on a redemption path but he has turned into an even bigger douche now.

I guess Amara may have to come back in a 'me too' moment and stop him.

by Anonymousreply 30November 9, 2019 2:58 AM

That video at R27 is fascinating to watch.

Jensen really seems to be annoyed at certain times (with Jared), and on several occasions, he actually "corrects" Jared. Particularly the part where Jared says that he takes "souvenirs" from the set. Jensen seemed irritated by that.

I'm starting to think that Jensen is really over Jared's personality quirks, and just wants to move on from their friendship.

by Anonymousreply 31November 9, 2019 4:11 AM

Thank you Supernatural for introducing me to "The Famous Final Scene" song by Bob Seger.

I had never heard it before, and I am absolutely in love with it now.

I think that it was the perfect song to open the season with, and if they end the series with this song, I will be bawling my eyes out.

It's really beautiful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32November 9, 2019 4:41 AM

[quote]Those first 5 minutes were hot and Jensen looked dope with the scruff, tactical vest and hair.

"Dope" R18? Really? "Dope?"

LMFAO

Mary, the only dope you know anything about is the Zyprexa, Seroquel and Risperdal your mom brings down to your "apartment" in her basement every morning.

by Anonymousreply 33November 9, 2019 7:26 AM

You're quite a hateful little beast, aren't you R33?

by Anonymousreply 34November 9, 2019 7:47 AM

That's mean as hell r33 but you made me laugh out loud.

You spn fraus just ask for it. You too r34 with your stinging riposte "hateful little beast." I can actually hear the CLUTCH of your pearls and the SWISH of you caftan.

by Anonymousreply 35November 9, 2019 8:11 AM

Those anti psychotic drugs roll off the tongue of R33 as if he knows them quite well.

I'll let you guess who's the one that's been through them all.

by Anonymousreply 36November 9, 2019 10:11 AM

He should play a video game character next.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37November 9, 2019 10:30 AM

Nice gif, R37.

How does Jensen manage to look so hot after all these years, but Jared looks like crap?

And Jensen is five years older than Jared!

I wonder if that is contributing to Jared's depression? After all, actors are pretty vain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38November 9, 2019 12:24 PM

Damn! Look at these two hotties...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39November 9, 2019 12:39 PM

I think I'm actually spotting a bit of a bulge on Jensen, for the first time ever.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40November 9, 2019 12:41 PM

Haha, I stumbled upon a guy whose name is Jared G. Jensen.

Lucky him!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41November 9, 2019 12:43 PM

Looks like next week is another monster episode. Yay!

I find it really off-putting that the writers turned Chuck into such an asshole. I don't get it. After all these years, why now?

Also, Becky's character was really different, too. She wasn't her funny, cheerful Becky self. She was kind of mean, actually. And way too serious for how the character had always been in the past.

by Anonymousreply 42November 9, 2019 5:40 PM

Becky left a life of ditzy fandom fantasy for a dose everyday reality.

She had a real husband and two real kids. Naturally, she matured and moved away from the silly fantasies of the fanclub scene.

by Anonymousreply 43November 9, 2019 8:15 PM

The writers still could have made her a little bit kooky, like the old Becky.

Just because a person gets married and has kids, doesn't mean that she has to be boring and serious.

Plus, she's not just a fangurl, because she has known for years that the supernatural actually does exist. So why turn her back on it, all of a sudden?

They took her character, and went all the way to the other end of the spectrum.

This is what I don't like about the current writers. It's as if they don't understand the characters, at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44November 9, 2019 8:27 PM

Becky, why am I not wearing any pants?

LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45November 9, 2019 8:37 PM

Well, duh, R42. It’s called growing up and maturing. She has a family now and kids.

She’s still involved in fandom and making money off of it. She’s doing great.... until that asshole Chuck goes and visits. What a dick.

by Anonymousreply 46November 9, 2019 10:33 PM

So is Jack done for the season?

by Anonymousreply 47November 10, 2019 3:09 AM

This is the worst season! It's so disappointing. I thought it was gonna be huge and great, that's want Jensen and Misha said. 😭😭😭😭

by Anonymousreply 48November 10, 2019 4:32 AM

Let’s hope so, R47, but there’s no way he won’t come back. The hack writers love him too much.

Yeah, well, obviously they lied, R48.

by Anonymousreply 49November 10, 2019 4:41 AM

I love Jack, too.

I think he's adorable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50November 10, 2019 7:46 AM

Jack will replace God and Amara-with jack's help- will condemn evil chuck to the same prison he put her in.

by Anonymousreply 51November 10, 2019 8:15 AM

Shit show.

by Anonymousreply 52November 10, 2019 9:53 AM

I knew that Jensen's new song would be featured this season.

It came at the ending of episode four, when the vampire boy was saying by to his parents, and going to leave with Sam and Dean (to have his head chopped off).

I thought that the music sounded familiar, and then I remembered..."Sounds of Someday!"

It actually sounded like the regular background music, so I was surprised at how much I liked it.

Get those ROYALTIES, Jensen!

by Anonymousreply 53November 10, 2019 5:07 PM

The ending scene of episode four, was like a script taken straight from Jared's life.

He was pouring out his heart there.

Something that struck me as strange, was when Jensen was talking about "the job," and he said, "We don't do it for us. We do it for Jack. For Mom. For Rowena."

Huh? What about "for Dad?" He started the show with them. Did Jeffrey Dean Morgan piss someone off, or something?

Finally, I hope that Jared's incident will help him to get back on track, and finish the show strong.

He seems like his acting was only half-hearted, and he was acting like the show was over already. Maybe the arrest will light a fire under him, and he'll give some amazing performances at the end of the season. I hope so.

That speech by Jensen where he said, "We owe it to anyone who ever gave a damn about us, to keep putting one foot in front of the other, no matter what," seemed more like a lecture than a line for the show. I wonder if the writers knew Jared was acting up, and they wrote that for him?

Then Sam's lines of "I can't move on. Sometimes, it's like I can't even breathe. But maybe tomorrow. Maybe I'll feel better in the morning."

These lines seem specifically written for Jared, because they made no sense, in the context of the episode.

The whole ending was weird.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54November 10, 2019 11:10 PM

Has anyone else noticed that every time they show "The Road So Far" at the beginning of the episode, the tail lights of the Impala are behind the words?

by Anonymousreply 55November 10, 2019 11:21 PM

Well considering those words were written months ago, I don’t think the dialogue was Jared, real-life specific, unless there has been some sort of spiral for Jared going on for months and that drunken episode was the bottom this time around.

I guess they’re talking about the most recent dearly departed.

I can see why Sam is depressed and despondent. Their situation is not good, especially if they don’t know if Chuck is still around.

by Anonymousreply 56November 11, 2019 2:22 AM

I have a couple of older lesbian friends who are sooooo into this show and I just don't get it! The writing is terrible and the acting is just god-awful. I'm a live-and-let-live 35 year old lesbian but I really don't get this show. The two guys in it aren't even cute! Can someone seriously explain what the appeal is to you? Jared seems like a complete and total tool and the rumors around Jensen being all about Jesus and saying shit about gay men is too much for me.

I still want to know, why do you like this so much???!!!

by Anonymousreply 57November 11, 2019 4:46 AM

The show is actually VERY lesbian friendly, R57.

From way back in the beginning, there were lesbian characters.

Just off hand, I can think of the girl who was trapped with Sam and the other "psychic" kids, Charlie the hacker was a lesbian, Jody Mills, Claire Novak, Kaya, etc.

As for the guys, there were a lot of hotties (who are not Sam and Dean). However, Jared and Jensen were VERY handsome, back in the day, and they have an undeniable chemistry with each other.

From the pilot episode, I was invested in the show.

I guess you're just either a fan, or you aren't.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58November 11, 2019 5:09 AM

R58 then why did they kill Charlie off?

by Anonymousreply 59November 11, 2019 10:39 AM

I think Charlie came back from the alternate universe with Bobby, Kevin, and Mary in Season 13.

After that, she supposedly went "roaming the country."

by Anonymousreply 60November 11, 2019 4:46 PM

Charlie had better be back this season. Bobby, too.

by Anonymousreply 61November 12, 2019 5:15 AM

Charlie was annoying.

Glad she met her maker-Chuck.

by Anonymousreply 62November 12, 2019 6:01 AM

Actually, Charlie was killed by one of the Stines, and not Chuck, R62.

by Anonymousreply 63November 12, 2019 7:08 PM

I know she was killed by the Stines.

'Meeting her maker' is just an expression for dying.

by Anonymousreply 64November 12, 2019 8:36 PM

New episode tonight!

by Anonymousreply 65November 14, 2019 10:42 PM

Every time I see that "Remember the Titans" episode with John Reardon as Prometheus, I'm instantly captivated by his HUGE nipples, and it makes me damned horny!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66November 14, 2019 10:45 PM

You wanna talk about some perky nips?

DAMN.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67November 14, 2019 10:46 PM

I wish that Dean was standing behind Prometheus, without the gun and with no clothes on.

Where are the photoshop people, when you need them??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68November 14, 2019 11:01 PM

Not this shitty show again. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 69November 14, 2019 11:54 PM

R69 it's almost over.

by Anonymousreply 70November 15, 2019 3:03 AM

So this was another off-putting episode. It makes me think Chuck is writing his books in real time and Sam and Dean are doing all they can to keep up and adjust to things as they happen.

Lilith was too cute to be menacing.

It was sad to see the guys despair at the end because of the untenable situation they find themselves in. They are hamsters in that wheel.

by Anonymousreply 71November 15, 2019 3:42 AM

I was confused by the episode, so I'm happy that Lilith spelled it out for us.

Some of us fans need that, lol.

I'm really perplexed by Jared's acting skills. They have REALLY gone downhill.

He used to be decent. Not the best actor in the world, but at least you couldn't tell that he was trying to act.

Now, you can tell that he's reading lines. And sometimes he even pauses mid-sentence, to read his lines. It's very off-putting. This episode was filmed before his arrest, so something definitely must have been going on with him.

Overall, it was a decent episode. Not great, but okay.

by Anonymousreply 72November 15, 2019 5:25 AM

At least the season is starting to take shape and get focused.

Interesting that Richard Speight (The Trickster/Gabriel) directed this episode.

He tried to inject some humor at the beginning (with the ghost pepper jerky scene), but it kind of fell flat. It also seemed to be a waste of five minutes.

Not sure what the boys could have done with the "equalizer" gun. It's not like it could actually kill Chuck, right?

by Anonymousreply 73November 15, 2019 5:29 AM

I'm really starting to respect Jensen as a "pro," when I think about the shit he has to put up with on the show.

He still manages to do his job professionally, despite all of the "distractions."

by Anonymousreply 74November 15, 2019 6:29 AM

R74 meh. He's a terrible actor on a terrible show. He just got lucky that even-worse-actor Jared makes him look good by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 75November 15, 2019 6:45 AM

Did Death once say he/she will one day reap God?

Presumably he isn't indestructable.

by Anonymousreply 76November 15, 2019 7:50 AM

Did anyone else notice the title of the episode? Proverbs 17:3.

I looked it up:

"The crucible is for silver, and the furnace is for gold, and the LORD tests hearts."

Was there some kind of deeper meaning, as it pertains to the show? Not seeing the relationship between the Bible verse and the episode. Except for the silver and the werewolves.

by Anonymousreply 77November 15, 2019 10:42 AM

Well, the “lord” is certainly testing the brothers and their hearts. They’re about to give up entirely. They want it all to be over.

by Anonymousreply 78November 15, 2019 4:26 PM

[quote] They’re about to give up entirely. They want it all to be over.

Yeah, Dean seems to have given up. And Dean NEVER gives up!

This season is weird.

by Anonymousreply 79November 15, 2019 7:11 PM

Dean has given up several times - I don't remember every specific episodes but you have to recall the time when Dean dropped the Samulet in the garbage after finding out that God wasn't going to help the brothers stop the apocalypse.

by Anonymousreply 80November 15, 2019 9:04 PM

Ratings were up by a small amount; the show drew a 1.3 this week.

Still, that's pretty damn bad.

Plus, the episode was awful. I keep saying this but I'm just so badly disappointed in this season. Since it's the last one I thought it was gonna be epic and almost every episode would be great.

How depressing and just fucking sad that the show is going out this way. And I got a feeling I'm not gonna like the way they end it, either.

by Anonymousreply 81November 16, 2019 12:15 AM

The ending might actually be a surprise, R81.

I think that the writers are giving us all of these different scenarios of Sam killing Dean, and Dean killing Sam, so that they won't have to do it in the finale.

In a way, it gives fans the heartbreak and suspense, without making it permanent.

I'm thinking (and hoping) that they will ride off into the sunset.

The writers almost have to do this, so that it leaves open the possibility of a movie, or a re-boot.

by Anonymousreply 82November 16, 2019 3:28 AM

Do they finally fuck?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83November 16, 2019 3:35 AM

Let's hope, R83!

*crossing fingers*

However, Dean is the top.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84November 16, 2019 3:39 AM

Dean likes to role play, when he and Sam have sex...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85November 16, 2019 3:43 AM

Dean also likes it when Sam dresses up...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86November 16, 2019 3:43 AM

Hawt!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87November 16, 2019 3:44 AM

This should be the closing scene of Supernatural...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88November 16, 2019 3:48 AM

Sorry to burst your bubble R81 but Supernatural is the number 1 show this week on The CW.

And none of believe for a minute you ever liked the show.

by Anonymousreply 89November 16, 2019 4:30 AM

Fuck off, R89, and while you're doing so, learn to write. Your post makes no sense whatsoever. R81 did nothing but express a sentiment that many of us agree with. Weirdos like you are what gives normal fans such a bad reputation. And face reality--a 1.3 ratings share is beyond bad, especially for the final season! Being the number one show on the CW is like winning a gold medal in the Special Olympics. I enjoy watching SPN (go ahead and tell me I don't) but I'm never going to claim it's something that it's not. Freaks like you who post all these dumb pictures and who can't take a word of criticism just piss me the fuck off. You ruin any type of normal discussion for the rest of us.

To the adults on the thread . . .

Thursday's episode was actually my favorite of the season so far. The actress who played Lilith was one of the best actors I've ever seen on the show, and the one who played the sheriff was also really good. Although I liked the episode overall there were parts that I could have done without. For example, I thought the shtick with Dean and the ghost peppers was stupid. Jensen trying to ham it up by pouring water on his head fell majorly flat. The "is that you" ID joke was stupid and contrived, too. And I absolutely cringe every time I see Jared try to play Lucifer. His acting is so bad that I'm embarrassed for him.

Dean's spiel at the very end of the episode about the futility of their fighting God, coupled with the theater drapes, gave me the impression that those words were Chuck's/God's.

I'm curious to see what next week will bring.

by Anonymousreply 90November 17, 2019 5:12 AM

The sheriff was also the same actress that was the store owner that knew John Winchester when Dean and Crowley went to see her to look for the first blade.

They happened to give that episode in the morning on TNT.

That last scene reminded me of the last scene in The Ten Commandments where Ramses and Nefertiri are sitting there angry and defeated and unbelieving of what had just happened to them.

by Anonymousreply 91November 17, 2019 5:32 AM

Sorry R90 but you are a SPN hater through and through.

You can always tell the haters by just how aggressive their posts are.

They spew bile at fans and then fill their posts with 99% hate for said episode and show, yet bizarrely, they continue to watch. You're so transparent.

by Anonymousreply 92November 17, 2019 5:49 AM

Character Jody Mills wasn’t gay. She was widowed. Her husband was Sean Mills and her son was Owen Mills.

by Anonymousreply 93November 17, 2019 6:07 AM

[quote] I absolutely cringe every time I see Jared try to play Lucifer. His acting is so bad that I'm embarrassed for him.

I think that R90 is definitely a fan. Just an angry lesbian fan.

The reason I know is because only true fans would have caught that Jared was playing Lucifer, in his dream.

It was a throwback to one of the earlier seasons, when Dean was put into a hypothetical future by Zachariah, and he met up with Sam (who had been taken over by Lucifer). Sam was wearing that same white suit, which is how I and R90 knew that he was supposed to be playing Lucifer.

[quote] The sheriff was also the same actress that was the store owner that knew John Winchester when Dean and Crowley went to see her to look for the first blade.

Wow, that's a cool little side note. I didn't even recognize her. I guess because she was in the Sheriff's outfit. Plus, she looked way more butch as the Sheriff, than she did as the show owner.

[quote] Character Jody Mills wasn’t gay. She was widowed. Her husband was Sean Mills and her son was Owen Mills.

She wasn't gay back then, but over the years, she definitely seems have let out her inner lesbian.

It's not put out there in everyone's faces, but I have always believed that Jody is a LILL (Late in life lesbian).

by Anonymousreply 94November 17, 2019 6:35 AM

This is a crossover comment, as it involves SPN and Survivor.

I watch Survivor and last episode there was controversy when a contestant was accused of being too handsy with some of the female players. The guy in the middle of this situation is Dan and his job is listed as "talent manager". I was on another site when I read that one of his clients is Jared. That is all.

by Anonymousreply 95November 17, 2019 4:24 PM

Dan Spilo???

That turd??

He’s had Jared make god-awful decisions that have been horrible for Jared’s peace of mind.

He’s loathed by a lot of Jared fans.

by Anonymousreply 96November 17, 2019 6:03 PM

R95 Huh. I admit, after trying and failing to get through a single episode during season 1 (the supposed high water mark for this stupid show), I forgot about it until Jared's arrest and realized this dreck has been going on for FIFTEEN seasons. Jared has got to be surrounding himself with idiots if they led him to believe, "superfans" notwithstanding, it was a good idea to go into middle age still doing a shitty CW show.

by Anonymousreply 97November 18, 2019 12:03 AM

Oh please, R97.

As if ANY other actor in Hollywood, wouldn't KILL to be the star on a television series, that ran for FIFTEEN YEARS.

Not one, not five, and not even ten years. FIFTEEN YEARS.

And he started when he was 22 years old, which means that he is still young enough to start an entire new series to run for another fifteen.

Your jealousy is showing through.

by Anonymousreply 98November 18, 2019 12:38 AM

[quote]Jared has got to be surrounding himself with idiots if they led him to believe, "superfans" notwithstanding, it was a good idea to go into middle age still doing a shitty CW show.

I think you're right R97, but the reality is that Jared most likely didn't have a lot of options. I personally think the CW picked up his Walker reboot simply because everyone else passed on it. Jared is a terrible actor. I honestly believe he's just about the worst on television so no one was banging his door down to do anything worthwhile when Supes goes off. And he most likely does better mentally when working. His arrest is testament to that. So I can, if I squint just the right way, see the logic in another CW series. He's never going to make it to the big screen and the CW has made him wealthy far beyond his talent deserves.

R98, why don't you borrow some of Jared's depression, couple it with yours, and then go kill yourself. You think anyone who disagrees with you is "jealous" or is spewing bile or is a hater. You account for 95% of the positive posts on these threads. You're worse than JanBot.

by Anonymousreply 99November 18, 2019 12:52 AM

I wonder if Misha will end up on another CW show?? I don't know why, but i'd like to see him on the new Superman series.

by Anonymousreply 100November 18, 2019 1:05 AM

Misha would make a great Vulcan in a Star Trek movie.

His angel demeanor is very Vulcan-like.

by Anonymousreply 101November 18, 2019 1:37 AM

R101 lol true but I can't see him being picked for the movie version of ST.

by Anonymousreply 102November 18, 2019 1:41 AM

Do the food scenes at the beginning of the past two episodes, have any significance?

I'm thinking probably not, but why would the writers waste so much time in the last season of the show, having Sam whining about Vegan Bacon, and then Dean freaking out over Ghost Pepper Jerky?

On the one hand, it makes me think that there's something to it. On the other hand, I'm thinking that the writers just suck. I'm hoping it's the former.

by Anonymousreply 103November 18, 2019 2:56 AM

The writers suck, R103. No question.

It is nice to see the brothers interact over simple, dumb, mundane things like eating. It’s a break from all that stupid, overwrought angst.

by Anonymousreply 104November 18, 2019 3:10 AM

The writers are alluding to a time when Dean was jerking Castiel's beef. Now he is reduced to dried shriveled up things without his Angel friend.

by Anonymousreply 105November 18, 2019 5:04 AM

Dean is like an abusive boyfriend, when it comes to Castiel.

He treats Cass like shit, but Cass keeps coming back for more.

by Anonymousreply 106November 19, 2019 5:46 AM

Jensen and his wife attended an LBGTQ event over the weekend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107November 19, 2019 3:29 PM

I'm glad to see that Jensen is LGBT friendly, unlike what the haters have been saying about him.

Lies!

by Anonymousreply 108November 19, 2019 3:33 PM

Wow Jensen is really pulling out all the stops! You just know that he's chanting "MARVEL ROLE . . MARVEL ROLE . . . MARVEL ROLE. . . ." to himself whilst having to deal with all those dirty young fags.

LMFAO

by Anonymousreply 109November 19, 2019 3:40 PM

This show is beyond awful. Don't know how any of you watch it. And yea, Jensen would sell his mother for a film role it looks like. I don't believe he's really cool with the gays, not for a minute. It's all for show.

by Anonymousreply 110November 19, 2019 3:48 PM

R110 you said it. Jensen is the worst. He's a talent-less douche bag and seems as dumb as a box of rocks. Of course he has to go to this event, because every time he opens his mouth, his homophobia comes rolling out. He's not smart enough (or a good enough actor) to even hide it! And the amount of times he's said "aww shucks, that's just the way we do things in Texas!!" to seem "woke" defies all logic.

I wasn't going to waste any more energy hating on this guy, but then he had to post on social media how "funny" it was when he brought Jared out in handcuffs on set after Jared got arrested for hurting innocent people. How tone-deaf (and ignorant) do you have to be? But that's ok, because "THAT'S JUST THE WAY THEY DO THINGS IN TEXAS!!"

by Anonymousreply 111November 19, 2019 4:44 PM

R110 and R111, you will find ANYTHING to pick on, just because you hate the show.

Nothing you say can be taken seriously, because you're so biased.

by Anonymousreply 112November 19, 2019 8:00 PM

R112 There are plenty of good actors I admire who have made less than stellar career choices (of course they didn't keep making them over and over for fifteen years, but whatever?) The problem I have with Jared and Jensen is that they are terrible people who are also terrible actors on a terrible show.

by Anonymousreply 113November 19, 2019 8:44 PM

Batwoman's ratings are now below Supernatural which pushes SPN to the number 2 CW show depending on how The Flash performs this week.

Number 1 or 2 on the network after 15 seasons!

That'll really rile the haters.

by Anonymousreply 114November 19, 2019 10:23 PM

[Quote] but then he had to post on social media how "funny" it was when he brought Jared out in handcuffs on set after Jared got arrested for hurting innocent people. How tone-deaf (and ignorant) do you have to be? But that's ok, because "THAT'S JUST THE WAY THEY DO THINGS IN TEXAS!!"

While I don't find that funny. I think Jensen was probably just trying to keep things light on set. There's no way he wasn't pissed off with Jared about his arrest.

by Anonymousreply 115November 20, 2019 12:06 AM

Fan Fiction episode on TNT tomorrow!

Sorry, but I always have to point it out, because it's my favorite episode ever.

Catch it if you can!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116November 20, 2019 12:16 AM

R115 Pretty sure that is exactly what Jensen was doing. They still all have to work together for half a season, they had to get over the awkwardness in quick fashion and get back to normal, on the set. That got everyone over the hump.

by Anonymousreply 117November 20, 2019 1:47 AM

Ugh, I can't stand this awful show and the fans are even worse!

Nothing but mug cradling fraus and sad lonely gay men.

by Anonymousreply 118November 20, 2019 2:15 AM

[quote]You just know that he's chanting "MARVEL ROLE . . MARVEL ROLE . . . MARVEL ROLE. . . ." to himself whilst having to deal with all those dirty young fags.

Lmfao 😂

by Anonymousreply 119November 20, 2019 2:17 AM

R117 I wonder how close they'll be once SPN is officially done đŸ€” I heard that Daneel and Gen don't like each other.

by Anonymousreply 120November 20, 2019 2:52 AM

Ever since the season premiere, I have become obsessed with Bob Seger's "The Famous Final Scene."

It is such a beautiful song, and I never knew it even existed.

Thank you, Supernatural!

I listen to it almost daily now.

Here's a really great live performance of the song, in concert with Bob Seger. It's simply wonderful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121November 20, 2019 5:10 AM

Have any (real) Supernatural fans made any friends from the conventions, etc.?

As the show is coming to a close, I'd love to meet other people who are into SPN, and be able to talk about the show, and maybe even socialize every now and then.

I have a hard time meeting people, but this is the one thing where I would just open up and start talking to a stranger about.

by Anonymousreply 122November 20, 2019 5:12 AM

R122 I'm sure they have. You could also try tumblr and/or their Discord.

by Anonymousreply 123November 20, 2019 5:20 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124November 20, 2019 1:24 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125November 20, 2019 1:25 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126November 20, 2019 1:26 PM

At R125, Jensen looks like he's having more fun than Danneel. Tee hee.

by Anonymousreply 127November 20, 2019 2:12 PM

Should we know those queens or are they the local talent??

by Anonymousreply 128November 20, 2019 5:36 PM

They're probably just Austin locals, R128.

But it's still nice to see Jensen having fun with the show.

If he truly was anti-gay before, I'm happy to see that he has evolved.

by Anonymousreply 129November 20, 2019 9:04 PM

[Quote] If he truly was anti-gay before, I'm happy to see that he has evolved.

Or it's just for show.

by Anonymousreply 130November 20, 2019 11:23 PM

You don't go to a gay or trans event, just for show, R130.

Did you see the post at R124?

Jensen and Danneel wrote:

"@familybusinessbeerco... Supporting Family.... Rainbow Colored Hearts.... @JensenAckles.... @DanneelAckles512.... @OutYouth"

Then in R125 and R126, he's posing with drag performers.

That's not just doing it for show, because he was actually AT the event.

by Anonymousreply 131November 20, 2019 11:33 PM

R131 thank you for proving that you have no idea how showbiz works lol

by Anonymousreply 132November 20, 2019 11:43 PM

Are you really THAT stupid, R131? You can see Jensen's smile starting to crumble and practically hear him mentally chanting MARVEL ROLE MARVEL ROLE MARVEL ROLE."

About 2 years ago there was someone on one of these threads who worked in the entertainment industry at William Morris, the company that represents Jensen. I wish so bad that I could find their post because EVERYTHING that they said has come true!!! They said that the show would end in the next 2 years and that during that time Jensen would be trying HARD to overcome his label as a Conservative Christian Repub. They said he'd been told by his agent and management team that if he wanted to have any chance at the big screen he would have to overcome that label because most producers and directors were liberal and that Hollywood was very political. That poster even said that it had been suggested to Jensen that he enlist the aid of his wife on social media! T hat makes sense because Danneel has been nothing but rainbow this and rainbow that for 2 years now and she was never that way before. That poster also said that Jensen had been told to join and post more social media.

I 100% believe that that person knew EXACTLY what they were talking about. They even said stuff about Jared having problems at home w/ alcohol and that he and Jensen were not nearly as close as they used to be.

I remember when I read that post it just SOUNDED legit. Damn I wish I could find it again!!!

by Anonymousreply 133November 21, 2019 1:58 AM

Now that Supernatural's ending, maybe Jensen can secure himself a role in "God's Not Dead: Part Infinity" and really show off those acting chops.

by Anonymousreply 134November 21, 2019 2:31 AM

R133 That person did not know what they were talking about and Jensen was doing those things before that post. You really don't know fandom if you believed that crap and can't tell an "anti-fan" doing their bit to drag someone down by pretending to be an industry "in the know".

by Anonymousreply 135November 21, 2019 4:52 AM

I should also add Jared's issues with alcohol have been "known" for years to anyone paying attention so that wasn't new either.

by Anonymousreply 136November 21, 2019 4:55 AM

It's ironic if Jared really is the heavy drinker, because on the show, Dean is the heavy drinker and Sam is the teetotaler.

by Anonymousreply 137November 21, 2019 5:06 AM

If that's what you believe, R135 through R137 then that's all fine and good, but I don't think I'm as, well, "invested" in the SPN actors as you seem to be, and with that detachment comes some objectivity. I've on DL for a long time and I remember the days when we used to get real inside scoop on here and that post that I'm remembering was reminiscent of those days. And I might add that the majority of people on that thread thought it was genuine too.

Of course, I don't know for sure if it was legit just like you don't know for sure it wasn't, but if I had to bet on it I'd sure say it was.

I don't understand fans' spn fans' inability to even consider the possibility that Jensen and Jared aren't the most awesome-sauce actors out there, different from all the money-grubbing rest, because, by golly, the Js -- those teetotaler, non-homophobic, all-inclusive saints -- get up every morning and go to work for the [italic]fans. Not the money but the FANS.

Deary Chuck could they be more perfect?????? 🙄🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 138November 21, 2019 5:29 AM

Christ this show stinks. The actors on it stink, the writers stink. How could anyone watch this garbage?

by Anonymousreply 139November 21, 2019 5:38 AM

You're a bit of a broken record R139.

You pop in every other day to say the same thing.

Mix it up and at least make it entertaining if nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 140November 21, 2019 9:18 AM

Tee hee, R140.

I feel exactly the same way.

by Anonymousreply 141November 21, 2019 6:25 PM

New episode tonight!

by Anonymousreply 142November 21, 2019 8:37 PM

Anyone watching?

by Anonymousreply 143November 21, 2019 10:36 PM

I will in 2 hours. 😬😬

by Anonymousreply 144November 21, 2019 11:10 PM

Shoshanna is back! How amazing and beautiful is that!

Aww, I legit cried. Hopefully she and Sam can be together at the end.

The main witch was the chick that gives Sam and Dean Chuck Shirleys address back in the brilliant Monster At The End Of This Book.

And the mom of the kid that broke his ankle is from the episode that has the kids’ drawings come to life. She plays the manager. That unicorn and the giant robot and the guy that dies in the ball pit. Can’t name the episode, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 145November 22, 2019 2:07 AM

Ugh. You'd have to be deaf AND blind to make it through this trash. Why don't you guys go watch the "Crown" or something worthwhile? This CW dreck just rots your brain.

by Anonymousreply 146November 22, 2019 2:14 AM

For R145: The episode is Plucky Pennywhistle's Magical Menagerie

by Anonymousreply 147November 22, 2019 2:39 AM

And I saw on Twitter that the witch with the twig voodoo doll was the killer little girl in that early episode, Provenance.

by Anonymousreply 148November 22, 2019 3:14 AM

[quote] The main witch was the chick that gives Sam and Dean Chuck Shirleys address back in the brilliant Monster At The End Of This Book.

[quote] And the mom of the kid that broke his ankle is from the episode that has the kids’ drawings come to life. She plays the manager. That unicorn and the giant robot and the guy that dies in the ball pit. Can’t name the episode, obviously.

[quote] I saw on Twitter that the witch with the twig voodoo doll was the killer little girl in that early episode, Provenance.

Wow, good catches all around!!!

I knew I saw the main witch and the asian lady before!

It kept bugging me that I knew their faces, but I couldn't place either of them.

Thanks for pointing them out!

It's so cool that the show is bringing back all of these former actors, for the final season. It's a really sweet gesture.

by Anonymousreply 149November 22, 2019 5:43 AM

It was kind of a boring episode.

Next week is a break, and then back in December.

by Anonymousreply 150November 22, 2019 1:36 PM

DO NOT WANT a Sam and Eileen happy ending, which is how I see this being spun after this last episode. Three in a bunker is not the way I want the series to end, and I mean no Cas either.

by Anonymousreply 151November 22, 2019 3:24 PM

I can’t believe I wrote the words upthread on 145 about Sam and Eileen getting together at the end.

After all the shit the guys have been through, they need and deserve this. Both should get somebody at the end. (Don’t get me wrong, but, the shippy part of me wants the brothers together forever.) since the writers would never go there, this would be the next best thing, as long as Dean is still with them and doesn’t go away.

They should get normal after all the suffering they have endured.

by Anonymousreply 152November 22, 2019 6:02 PM

Sam and Dean must end up together.

In bed.

Making out.

The end.

by Anonymousreply 153November 22, 2019 6:24 PM

Well, yes, R153, that’s obviously a given but in lieu of that, they can try to be with someone who might give them a child.

by Anonymousreply 154November 22, 2019 6:43 PM

I would love to see it end like this.

Happy. Together. At peace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155November 22, 2019 6:51 PM

Sam & Eileen, Dean & Castiel will all live happily ever after.

Dean is being such a bitch to Castiel at the moment.

Their make up sex will be rough & heavenly!

by Anonymousreply 156November 22, 2019 7:19 PM

There's a con in Jacksonville this weekend - Jared is on the schedule after missing the last one because of his drunken antics. Curious to see how this goes and if any so-called fans ask dumb or embarrassing questions.

by Anonymousreply 157November 23, 2019 1:38 AM

[Quote] they can try to be with someone who might give them a child.

And the misogyny jumps out.

[Quote] Curious to see how this goes and if any so-called fans ask dumb or embarrassing questions.

You know there will be at least one.

by Anonymousreply 158November 23, 2019 3:44 AM

people honesty watch this shit?

by Anonymousreply 159November 23, 2019 6:33 AM

You're a broken record R159.

by Anonymousreply 160November 23, 2019 12:25 PM

I had no idea that Finn Wolfhard from "IT" appeared on Supernatural!

I guess I missed that episode, because I don't remember ever having seen it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161November 23, 2019 5:56 PM

Wow, this week's ratings were the series WORST.

This shit stinks to high heaven.

Padalecki's mouth looks like an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 162November 24, 2019 10:51 AM

The Jacksonville con is going on now, and some fans have posted some details. Jared came onstage wearing a t-shirt with his mugshot on it.

by Anonymousreply 163November 24, 2019 4:31 PM

Well, a mugshot from one of the early episodes he did.

by Anonymousreply 164November 24, 2019 7:36 PM

Is there an in-show reason why Jared's hair looks so bad? Why is it curled under like some middle-aged woman? Why doesn't he try something to minimize his huge forehead?

by Anonymousreply 165November 24, 2019 7:42 PM

Legit question: How does the CW pay their light bill? I mean, none of their shows perform nowadays. Vampire Diaries used to, in its prime, draw in huge numbers,respectable numbers for any network, numbers that Supernatural has never pulled.

I just don't get it. And you can blather on about conventions and all that crap but that's not helping the network.

I don't know how they keep everybody paid.

by Anonymousreply 166November 25, 2019 5:07 AM

That picture of the Ackles family looks weird. It sort of looks photoshopped. Jj’s face looks overly smooth and little Zep looks strange as well.

Poor Arrow looks special.

That other idiot could only manage a picture with a turkey and an uncooked bird as well from a few years ago and no kids. Apparently the kids are freezing their asses off somewhere during this holiday and no dad to be found.

The whole lot is pathetic, frankly.

by Anonymousreply 167December 1, 2019 2:57 AM

Does anyone know what's going on with these two idiots? I saw on reddit that their bodyguard and wives have taken to social media to defend their honor? And they think their lives are in danger now? I guess we can add deluded to talent less and douche baggery...

by Anonymousreply 168December 3, 2019 10:01 PM

When was this, R168??

by Anonymousreply 169December 4, 2019 2:05 AM

It was posted 7 hours ago on reddit. I'm not going to lie: I hate the show, hate the actors, don't follow their social media and only have Supernatural in my feed for the schadenfreude. So I don't have a lot of details. Apparently, the Ackles family is moving (I'm guessing it has something to do with him shamelessly trying to punch above his weight and get a Marvel role?) Though why he needed his bodyguard to weigh in is beyond me. Forgive my language, but Jensen seems like a(n) (old) punk-ass bitch.

by Anonymousreply 170December 4, 2019 2:27 AM

Copied from Supernatural thread #11

The interpretation I got of what the bodyguard put onto social media is that he finger-wagged at the bad fans that the marriages of the Js are not shams, not set up, no bearding. You know, the fans who think that J2 are "together". It caused controversy because it came out of left field - why is the damn bodyguard taking it upon himself to advise the public that these actors are happily married men with families. Some people are wondering if something scandalous is about to happen and this guy was asked to put a preemptive strike out there to deflect. The general consensus of some fans is to wonder if there's nothing wrong, why get on this soapbox.

by Anonymousreply 171December 4, 2019 3:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!