Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ralph Lauren Documentary

New documentary about Datalounge’s favorite designer, Ralph Lauren née Lifschitz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25December 28, 2019 3:51 AM

Frum da boogie-down!

by Anonymousreply 1November 7, 2019 12:39 AM

His daughter looks and sounds like she grew up on Long Island.

by Anonymousreply 2November 22, 2019 11:06 PM

I tried to watch it. He's just not that interesting.

by Anonymousreply 3November 22, 2019 11:13 PM

well cocked from what I saw in the documentary. i wonder how much he had to share it to make Ralph Lauren happen.

by Anonymousreply 4November 22, 2019 11:31 PM

It's so good! They seem like nice normal people. Even Anna Wintour is smiling during her segments talking about him. LOVED the 80s men's fashion shows.

by Anonymousreply 5November 22, 2019 11:37 PM

Well, you gotta hand it to Ralph. If he's had any work done, it's been very minor.

He doesn't look nearly as stretched and horrifying as Calvin.

by Anonymousreply 6November 22, 2019 11:43 PM

I loathe the Ralph Lauren brand. Overpriced shit quality tat for straight boys and Essex girls. Fuck off! x

by Anonymousreply 7November 22, 2019 11:56 PM

I shook his hand during Carolina Herrera's funeral.

by Anonymousreply 8November 23, 2019 12:00 AM

She ain’t dead sweetie ^^^^

by Anonymousreply 9November 23, 2019 12:25 AM

[R7] Glad someone isn’t afraid to speak against DL fave, Ralph Lauren. Just curious, how do you feel about Barbour?

by Anonymousreply 10November 23, 2019 12:39 AM

There's a gorgeous Ralph Lauren number in the new Harper's Bazaar. Part of a Star Wars retro-futuristic editorial. I'm obsessed with it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 23, 2019 12:58 AM

Very nice, R11, but I don't think it's look like much on a regular human being instead of a model.

by Anonymousreply 12November 23, 2019 11:14 PM

The company treats its employees terribly. Thanksgiving Day is a mandatory work day for their factory workers.

by Anonymousreply 13November 24, 2019 12:06 AM

I was shocked that I actually liked this, but I didn’t buy some if the excuses.

by Anonymousreply 14November 24, 2019 5:36 AM

I just watched it today. Raplh was a hottie back in the day. I found him & his wife very grounded despite their massive wealth.

He really was the first designer to create a lifestyle brand.as opposed to just concentrating on collections. Those ad campaigns were just gorgeous.

I also loved that all 5 of their different homes were decorated in completely different styles.

by Anonymousreply 15November 24, 2019 8:58 PM

His older son looks kind douchey/trumpy. I thought Ralph’s looks faded once he reached the 1970’s, it’s too bad he didn’t try weight training. The skinny and flabby arms that you really notice in the 80’s are gross.

by Anonymousreply 16November 24, 2019 11:12 PM

He has spent a lifetime trying to be a handsome and macho Goy.

by Anonymousreply 17November 25, 2019 12:08 AM

R16

No Dear.

Andrew Lauren is cool and very nice.

by Anonymousreply 18November 27, 2019 11:36 PM

[quote]Even Anna Wintour is smiling during her segments talking about him.

She's so monotone when she speaks. Everything she says sounds the same.

And is there anything more trite than clothes?

by Anonymousreply 19November 27, 2019 11:47 PM

[quote]I just watched it today. Raplh was a hottie back in the day.

DL strikes again. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 20November 27, 2019 11:47 PM

I worked for PRL in the late 80s/early 90s, and it was a fantastic place to work. I met with Ralph many times, and he was always available and open. They also treated their employees incredibly well back then, but I know that has changed because it is no longer a private company, and business is not good Ralph, however, still cares for the employees and treats them as well as he can. One of the reasons the swedish guy was let go was because he did not treat the employees well. I can't say enough nice things about the time I worked there. I wish all the companies i worked for were as kind, and the employees as smart and hard-working.

by Anonymousreply 21November 27, 2019 11:52 PM

[QUOTE]I shook his hand during Carolina Herrera's funeral.

You were at Walter Mercado's funeral.

Carolina is still alive and kicking

by Anonymousreply 22November 28, 2019 12:06 AM

R22. LOL

by Anonymousreply 23November 28, 2019 1:53 AM

That's one tasty dish!

by Anonymousreply 24November 28, 2019 2:55 AM

Calvin Klein and Ralph went to school together. That was pretty cool seeing Calvin giving Ralph his due. And they even show a shot of Tommy Hilfiger in the crowd at one of his shows. It would have been nice to hear more form those two.

This was definitely and “in house” production or at least co-production because it’s basically a long ad for RL. There is scant criticism and and it rarely goes beneath the veneer.

The brand will probably join the trash heap of brands bought by hedge funders and reduced to a cheap version of itself while the owners sell off anything that’s not nailed down.

by Anonymousreply 25December 28, 2019 3:51 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!