Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Queen Camilla

Will she be loved by the people?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600November 15, 2019 12:31 AM

Her collapse is NOT complete, she will be queen 👑.

by Anonymousreply 1November 5, 2019 3:26 PM

She's suppose to be Princess Consort when Charles becomes King but I've never believed that statement.

Technically, she's Princess of Wales but they gave her the secondary title of Duchess of Cornwall because Diana as Princess of Wales was still fresh in everyone's mind. It's been over twenty years since Diana's death so Camilla will be Queen Consort.

by Anonymousreply 2November 5, 2019 3:34 PM

She will never be Queen, dears.

by Anonymousreply 3November 5, 2019 3:43 PM

[quote]Will she be loved by the people?

What do you think?

by Anonymousreply 4November 5, 2019 3:44 PM

I think she'll be the People's Queen.

by Anonymousreply 5November 5, 2019 3:46 PM

R2, not technically at all. She IS Princess of Wales and chooses to use an existing secondary title. Duchess of Cornwall is not a title given to her as a replacement. It's a secondary title she already had as Princess of Wales.

by Anonymousreply 6November 5, 2019 3:49 PM

In a word, no.

by Anonymousreply 7November 5, 2019 3:51 PM

At 72, I doubt Cam gives much of a flying fuck what she's called at this point. She got the King, the houses, the tiaras, the jewels, the status and is self-assured enough not to sweat the petty stuff (petting the sweaty stuff is quite another matter). Calling her Princess of Wales or Duchess of Cornwall or Queen Cam is irrelevant. Because when Charles becomes King, EVERYFUCKINGBODY will have to bow, scrape and curtsy to her as wife of the sovereign.

by Anonymousreply 8November 5, 2019 3:56 PM

EVERYFUCKINGBODY in the UK, that is.

We don't go for that shit in the States.

by Anonymousreply 9November 5, 2019 4:01 PM

Charles is already ancient, so Cam best enjoy it while she can. When William becomes king she'll be sent quietly off to pasture.

by Anonymousreply 10November 5, 2019 4:01 PM

R9 EVERYFUCKINGBODY in the UK and Commonwealth.

by Anonymousreply 11November 5, 2019 4:03 PM

When the got married, Charles and Camilla said she would be titled and called Princess Consort. They should follow their word and abide by their statement.

Besides, home wreckers and Rottweilers don’t become queen.

by Anonymousreply 12November 5, 2019 4:04 PM

I like her just fine.

by Anonymousreply 13November 5, 2019 4:05 PM

D'ya think she'll make it that far? Looks knackered here and that was a year and half ago

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14November 5, 2019 4:07 PM

I think she'd be a hoot to hang out with. She looks like my Aunt Caroline who smoked 3 packs of cigs a day until she died gasping for air.

by Anonymousreply 15November 5, 2019 4:16 PM

And when Charles dies, she'll become King Camilla and rule all of the land!

by Anonymousreply 16November 5, 2019 4:34 PM

She will be queen. Forget that "princess consort" crap Charles said. He only said it at the time hoping to settle troubled waters at the time of their marriage.

She won't be popular and she won't be unpopular. Camilla will just sort of, be there.

by Anonymousreply 17November 5, 2019 4:42 PM

r15, most people say that in fact she is. She's funny and does not take herself seriously at all.

The Buckinhgham palace website dropped the whole 'And one day, she will become princess Consort" jazz. that was mostly done so everyone would get used to her and not think her too pushy. if Charles takes the crown (which is looking less likely these days given his age), she will likely be crowned Queen Consort. Diana's death was more than 20 years ago--no one except the most diehard Di fans think she's being pushy anymore.

by Anonymousreply 18November 5, 2019 4:45 PM

Liz is still going strong. She has a very good chance of outliving that awful hag Camilla. She might even outlive Charles. They are all of an age where no bet is certain.

My preferred scenario is for Charles to fall over dead, even as early as this afternoon. Then we will get to watch the Windsor machine grind up Camilla and throw the pieces to the wolves. When Charles is dead, no one will be able to stop William and Andrew from having their revenge.

by Anonymousreply 19November 5, 2019 4:46 PM

She's good with children.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20November 5, 2019 4:47 PM

Who wants to be "loved by the people?" The Royals think "the people" are disgusting, and the average Brit could care less about the Royals.

by Anonymousreply 21November 5, 2019 4:49 PM

With this skank, it's more like Duchess of Cornhole.

by Anonymousreply 22November 5, 2019 4:51 PM

So Charles and Camilla we’re lying when they said she would be called Princess Consort. Never mind, “Oh they just said it to suit the time.” They said it. Abide by it. She should not be styled as queen.

by Anonymousreply 23November 5, 2019 4:52 PM

She was good friends with Joan Rivers. Barbara Walters too. Wonder if the three ever had tea together, that would be an interesting conversation.

by Anonymousreply 24November 5, 2019 4:53 PM

Will never be her name as the people LOATHE her like Madge and Hydrangea

by Anonymousreply 25November 5, 2019 4:53 PM

Diana forever. Camilla should be nothing more than consort—and even that’s too much for a Rottweiler.

by Anonymousreply 26November 5, 2019 4:55 PM

Camilla has to babysit the Harkles over Remembrance Day. The comments on the DM are eye-opening. There is a #freecamilla hashtag going around. Let's think about this. The BRF are sending out Camilla to prop up Diana's once immensely popular son. This would have been unimaginable even five years ago. If Charles does ever make it to the throne, people will accept Camilla as queen consort just fine. Only the craziest Diana fans still hate her. The rest of the public has moved on, and she seems to have the public persona of a solid, fun-loving broad who would be a hoot to have a drink with.

by Anonymousreply 27November 5, 2019 4:55 PM

What happens when Prince Charles becomes king? The official line from Clarence House is that Camilla would adopt the title of princess consort when her husband assumes the throne.

However, according to Oxford University law professor Pavlos Eleftheriadis, the Duchess of Cornwall should be queen under the Treason Act 1351 and also as the sovereign’s wife under section two of the Regency Act 1937.

The wives of male royal family members typically obtain the equivalent title to their spouse when they marry. When Charles became a Duke, Camilla received the title Duchess - so when Charles becomes king, convention suggests she will become queen consort.

“The wife of a head of state is not a joint head of state, however. The sovereign reigns on his or her own. In that sense Camilla will be a ‘Queen’ in the limited legal sense of being the wife of the sovereign,” he told the Daily Star.

- The Week

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28November 5, 2019 5:04 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29November 5, 2019 5:09 PM

The tolerated queen.

by Anonymousreply 30November 5, 2019 5:38 PM

If everything goes to plan, Britain will have three MALE sovereigns in a row. For me, the pomp and circumstance of the monarchy always seemed more suited for a FEMALE (gowns, jewels etc...).

by Anonymousreply 31November 5, 2019 5:42 PM

R15, you'll be proven wrong. She'll be Queen Consort. I wish I could bet you on it as I like getting returns.

by Anonymousreply 32November 5, 2019 5:45 PM

Imagine a Moldavian massacre where only George and Camilla are left. The boy Queen and his fag-hag granny as regent.

by Anonymousreply 33November 5, 2019 5:45 PM

From Kenneth Rose's diary. Imagine if Diana had her personality or Charles hadn't dithered and asked her to marry before Parker-Bowles did.

December 23, 2005

Prince Eddie [the Duke of Kent] tells me about the Royal Family Christmas lunch. ‘I was lucky enough to sit next to Camilla. She is one of the best things to have happened for years. I like her down-to-earth good sense, total lack of airs, warmth, friendliness and sense of humour.’

by Anonymousreply 34November 5, 2019 5:52 PM

Even if she is publicly known as Princess Consort, she will of course be by right the queen consort as the wife of the king regnant. Just like she’s Princess of Wales now but doesn’t use the title. My problem with the Princess Consort thing is that it comes with an HRH, where Camilla should at least have the HM. I have a solution, she could be Her Majesty Camilla. There is a precedent for this in Romania, when Crown Princess Helen’s husband King Carol II wanted to avoid having her be his consort. She was to be Her Majesty Helen.

by Anonymousreply 35November 5, 2019 5:53 PM

I assume she will be buried like a Queen, next to Charles. I would guess the Winsdor Chapel?

by Anonymousreply 36November 5, 2019 5:59 PM

Always so amusing to read about how mixed up Americans are about the Monarchy and succession. It's understandable of course, but highly amusing nonetheless.

by Anonymousreply 37November 5, 2019 6:03 PM

Of course they'll be buried together, and probably at Windsor. WTF not! IMO if the BRF wants to soften public opinion for Camilla's ascent, they ought to have her accompanying ER 2 as she makes the rounds. Especially at horse shows and other horsey events. Right now the Queen hangs out with Zara and Sophie Wessex at those things, and it would help ease things for Camilla if she were perceived to be close to the Queen. Even if it's fiction.

by Anonymousreply 38November 5, 2019 6:04 PM

The problem is that the idea of Camilla being Princess Consort wasn't only to placate the Queen and Diana's fans, but also the leaders of the various realms and the Church, some of whom weren't keen on her. I think she will prefer the Princess Consort title so as not the rock the boat, unless there is strong public outrage demanding she is named Queen. She would, of course, actually be Queen, with all the rights and privileges associated with it, just without the public use of the title.

She has rehabilitated herself in the eyes of the public and by most accounts the family. For instance, it has been reported that she was very involved helping and advising Catherine when she entered the family, which made William warm to her. As time goes by, I think even most Diana fans place the majority of the blame not on Camilla but on Charles. He was the one who caused this whole mess by his dithering and indecisiveness. Even, Diana before she died, it has been reported, said that Charles should marry Camilla. Really Diana and Camilla were both victimized by his messed up immature personality. And, if the gossip is to be believed she has determined that being his wife isn't that great of a prize. In any case any reign by Charles will probably be brief, if he even makes it to his Coronation.

by Anonymousreply 39November 5, 2019 6:08 PM

The Queen is ever thankful for Camilla. She is a fine wife to her son will be a steadfast partner to the future king. Not like the other mistake.

by Anonymousreply 40November 5, 2019 6:08 PM

Why is it that Philip is a prince, but Camilla could become queen consort.

by Anonymousreply 41November 5, 2019 6:10 PM

I wonder if Diana was dug up, would she look the same? Was she elbamed and buried in a lead coffin?

by Anonymousreply 42November 5, 2019 6:15 PM

[quote] When Charles is dead, no one will be able to stop William and Andrew from having their revenge.

I think you meant William and Harry (unless you somehow think Andrew really has it in for his sister-in-law).

But by all accounts William and Harry are very close to her. They do not see her as responsible for their mother's death or her problems while alive.

by Anonymousreply 43November 5, 2019 6:16 PM

R41 - This American's understanding is that Philip cannot be styled as a "King" or "King Consort" because no one can have a title higher than the reigning monarch's. He came to England with his title from Greece. I guess he renounced the citizenship but retained the royal title as a courtesy?

by Anonymousreply 44November 5, 2019 6:19 PM

[quote]If everything goes to plan, Britain will have three MALE sovereigns in a row.

Prince George will abdicate so he can marry his boyfriend. Queen Charlotte, long may she reign.

by Anonymousreply 45November 5, 2019 6:20 PM

R36 - I think royals are now buried at a mausoleum at Frogmore.

by Anonymousreply 46November 5, 2019 6:21 PM

R47 Maybe the two kings followed by one queen sequence will run as follows: Charles, William, George.

by Anonymousreply 47November 5, 2019 6:24 PM

Camilla really loved the guy she married. She wanted him more than Charles - at that time. Apparently, he was quite the lady's man and he had an abundance of women after him. He was a real catch for Camilla.

by Anonymousreply 48November 5, 2019 6:24 PM

Watch George will be the real modernizing force in the BRF-the first openly out gay king. I found it interesting that William made a point of saying that he and Kate would be fine with whatever he is.

by Anonymousreply 49November 5, 2019 6:28 PM

QEII has decreed she can be queen but she can't use her tampon tierra.

by Anonymousreply 50November 5, 2019 6:33 PM

Andrew Parker-Bowles, her first husband, was a legendary ladies' man among the British horsey set in the early 70s. Every woman wanted him in that world, including Princess Anne, who slept with him before her marriage (and his), and remains close to him to this day.

All those Jilly Cooper novels about superstud horseman Rupert Campbell-Black that are so popular among British women are supposedly really about Andrew Parker-Bowles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51November 5, 2019 6:34 PM

[quote]Especially at horse shows and other horsey events.

Tee hee!

by Anonymousreply 52November 5, 2019 6:34 PM

R41 :

If Kate is eligible to be Queen, then why is Prince Philip not King?

The answer, according to the official website of the British royal family, is found in British Parliamentary law, which determines who’s up next for the throne, and also what title his or her spouse will have. In terms of succession, the law looks only to blood, and not to gender. In terms of the spouses of royalty, however, that law treats men and women differently. Here’s an easy guide to the current line of succession.

When a male in the royal bloodline marries: His wife takes whatever is the female form of his title. Thus, when Prince William married Kate Middleton and became Duke of Cambridge, Kate became Duchess of Cambridge, and when Prince William becomes King, Kate’s title will change to match William’s. And delving back a couple of generations, when Queen Elizabeth II’s father, George VI, became King, his wife’s title became “Queen Consort,” although she was usually referred to as “Queen Elizabeth” (having been born Elizabeth Angela Marguerite Bowes-Lyon, not to be confused with Queen Elizabeth I of England, daughter of Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn). Queen Elizabeth held her title until George died, at which point Elizabeth II ascended to the throne, and her mum became “Queen Mother.” When a female in the royal bloodline marries: Her husband is not eligible to take the male form of his wife’s title, as Marlene Koenig, a royal historian and writer of the Royal Musings blog, told Town and Country. That’s why Princess Eugenie’s fiancĂ©, Jack Brooksbank, is expected to remain “Mr. Jack Brooksbank” upon their upcoming marriage in October.

-RD

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53November 5, 2019 6:40 PM

I'm learning a lot from this thread.

by Anonymousreply 54November 5, 2019 6:44 PM

What will happen to her if Charles dies before her (after becoming King)? Would she be considered the “Queen Mother” even though she’s a stepmother?

by Anonymousreply 55November 5, 2019 6:50 PM

Horsefeathers. I'll throw in a few dogs' teeth for good measure.

by Anonymousreply 56November 5, 2019 6:51 PM

Queen Victoria wanted Prince Albert made "King Consort:" when they married, but Parliament refused--they thought it would be confusing, and imply that he was King Regnant jointly with her as Queen regnant. So she lobbied hard instead for him to be given the title "Prince Consort,": which is something Queen Anne's husband,. Prince George of Denmark, did not receive. Philip did not want to be made Prince Consort (and parliament probably would have fesued it to him), bnut he had to abdicate his title as Prince of Greece and Denmark when he married Elizabeth, and became first (before the wedding) just plain lieutenant Philip Mountbatten, and then for ten years after his marriage HRH the Duke of Edinburgh. He was not technically a prince in his own right, but the press still referred to him as "Prince Philip" as well as "The Duke of Edinburgh." The queen decided in 1957 decided to make him Prince of the United Kingdom in his own right, and Parliament allowed it: he became HRH The Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh. That made no difference probably to anyone except to him and her, and the tiny world of the court.

Kate will certainly become "Her Majesty the Queen" (no first name necessary officially) when William ascends the throne, and the press will start referring to her as "Queen Catherine." (Actually, since her name is so long, they will probably continue to call her "Kate" as they do now, although no one calls her that--everyone within her families addresses her as "Catherine"). If she outlives William, she will assume the title "HM Queen Catherine," and whoever George has married will become known as "HM the Queen" officially.

What happens with Camilla is something no-one knows except for Charles and Camilla themselves. The current Queen will have no say whatsoever in it since whatever happens after her death is not her official concern. Since she will by law automatically become "HM The Queen" it is likely this point she will just go by that, and the press will refer to her as "Queen Camilla." if she outlives Charles after he becomes King, she will then be known as "HM Queen Camilla," and if he dies before his mother she will just be known as "HRH Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall" for the rest of her life. Even if the future King William tried after his father died (which he wouldn't), it would take an act of Parliament to do so, and they would likely not consent.

by Anonymousreply 57November 5, 2019 7:01 PM

On a good day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58November 5, 2019 7:02 PM

R54 But is it of any value?

Let them call each other what they want, but it has zero impact on the lives of the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 59November 5, 2019 7:07 PM

R59 - Hey Debbie Downer, why are constantly bitching about the royals? Are you trying to ruin other's enjoyment of the subject? No one says they give our lives meaning. If you don't like the Royals, then DON'T post on threads about them. You see how simple it is.

by Anonymousreply 60November 5, 2019 7:12 PM

Camilla is as royal as a Sloan Royal Flush urinal.

by Anonymousreply 61November 5, 2019 7:46 PM

A 72-year old frau trying to pull off the Farrah Fawcett feathered hair look. I give you your next Queen!

by Anonymousreply 62November 5, 2019 7:52 PM

She's beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 63November 5, 2019 8:52 PM

[quote] A 72-year old frau trying to pull off the Farrah Fawcett feathered hair look. I give you your next Queen!

I would have been their queen at a much younger age if a certain someone [bold]didn't live so bloody long!!![/bold]

by Anonymousreply 64November 5, 2019 8:53 PM

She may not be "loved" like Diana, but Camilla is liked by a great swath of the public. She does her job for The Firm without complaint, can chat with all sorts of people at events and appearances, and makes people feel at ease -- especially when they get all stiff and wooden when meeting Charles. She's a social lubricant that helps Charles seem nicer. Queen? So what of it?

by Anonymousreply 65November 5, 2019 8:59 PM

R51, but Rupert Campbell-Black was supposed to be gorgeous. That guy is hideous.

The people will not accept Camilla because she’s a drunken slut with sagging breasts and horrendous hair and teeth. I hope QE2 outlives Charles because he would be an unbearable King.

by Anonymousreply 66November 5, 2019 9:30 PM

[quote] a drunken slut with sagging breasts and horrendous hair and teeth.

You're describing almost any one in the nobility, r66.

by Anonymousreply 67November 5, 2019 9:34 PM

If you were married to Charles, you would drink too!

by Anonymousreply 68November 5, 2019 9:36 PM

R65 At Camilla's ripe age, I highly doubt she's got any lubricant left at all. The Gin is the social lubricant, and I haven't a clue what Camilla puts in her cooz, but I'm sure it's something similar to high viscosity engine oil at this point.

by Anonymousreply 69November 5, 2019 9:41 PM

[quote] a drunken slut with sagging breasts and horrendous hair and teeth.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

by Anonymousreply 70November 5, 2019 9:42 PM

[quote] But by all accounts William and Harry are very close to her.

Actually, from most things I have read, William has grown quite fond of her but not Harry. I suspect that the rift is even wider, since his marriage. Catherine listened and welcomed Camilla's advice about acclimating to the Royal Family, and Camilla really earned William's respect and gratefulness for helping his wife. However, it was reported that Meghan and Harry dismissed both Camilla and Catherine's attempts to help her and that they viewed such attempts as interference not helpfulness. Even though, I was and remain a huge fan of Diana, I acknowledge that she had emotional problems and it sadly appears Harry has inherited them.

by Anonymousreply 71November 5, 2019 9:47 PM

[quote]The people will not accept Camilla because she’s a drunken slut with sagging breasts and horrendous hair and teeth.

Please, don't hold back, tell us how you really feel about Camilla.

by Anonymousreply 72November 5, 2019 10:27 PM

[quote] [R51], but Rupert Campbell-Black was supposed to be gorgeous. That guy is hideous.

You sound completely looks-obsessed, so it may be hard for you to understand this fact of life: male sex appeal sometimes does not correlate with handsomeness. Otherwise Mickey Rooney and Frank Sinatra would both not have been able to marry so many gorgeous women.

by Anonymousreply 73November 5, 2019 10:39 PM

[quote] Actually, from most things I have read, William has grown quite fond of her but not Harry.

It doesn't matter.

Harry has zero power anymore with regards to the Crown and its policies since he is now so far away from succeeding to the throne. He will have almost no say in what happens to Camilla when Charles dies: it will all be up to King William V, and the only person he is likely to take advice from on this matter (other than his ministers) is his own wife.

by Anonymousreply 74November 5, 2019 10:44 PM

“When the got married, Charles and Camilla said she would be titled and called Princess Consort“

Because my knickers and I formed a consortium with Charles.

by Anonymousreply 75November 5, 2019 10:49 PM

They will love it when she dies.

by Anonymousreply 76November 5, 2019 11:01 PM

Who is "they," r76? Diana worshippers?

by Anonymousreply 77November 5, 2019 11:14 PM

The Queen Mother title was made up and never existed before.

Elizabeth, despite her loving image, was a high riding bitch.

The title was to placate her and shut her up.

by Anonymousreply 78November 5, 2019 11:36 PM

R39. The Charles and Diana debacle was caused by Camilla just as much as Charles. Camilla wouldn't leave even though Charles was married to Diana. Camilla continued to undermine the marriage of Charles and Diana. Camilla initiated and perpetuated the cheating to cause harm to Diana, before the marriage, during Charles and Diana's honeymoon and throughout the marriage until Camilla had successfully broke it down. Charles was a piece of shit as well. Camilla earned her name, "the Rottweiler."

by Anonymousreply 79November 5, 2019 11:38 PM

[quote] I think royals are now buried at a mausoleum at Frogmore

Oh, hell no.

I'm not having some dead people buried in my back yard.

I'm tearing that shit down, starting tomorrow!

by Anonymousreply 80November 5, 2019 11:55 PM

[quote] The Queen Mother title was made up and never existed before.

Uh, no.

"A queen mother is a dowager queen who is the mother of the reigning monarch (or an empress mother in the case of an empire). [bold] The term has been used in English since at least 1560. /bold] It arises in hereditary monarchies in Europe and is also used to describe a number of similar yet distinct monarchical concepts in non-European cultures around the world. "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81November 5, 2019 11:57 PM

[quote]and whoever George has married will become known as "HM the Queen" officially.

When George ascends to the throne, he'll be a Queeney King and his spouse will be Confusing Consort

by Anonymousreply 82November 6, 2019 12:24 AM

Actually R82, they'll be Xing and Xueen.

by Anonymousreply 83November 6, 2019 12:32 AM

Camilla will be known as HRH Princess Consort, which is more than the homewrecking trollop deserves.

by Anonymousreply 84November 6, 2019 12:41 AM

I am no fan of Camilla but if she hadn't hooked up with Charles he would have been sleeping with someone else or multiple other women. He was never in love with Diana, he found a virgin who gave him an heir and a spare as his mother ordered him to do and that was all he wanted from her.

by Anonymousreply 85November 6, 2019 12:59 AM

[quote] The Queen Mother title was made up and never existed before.

Yes, it did exist before.

[quote] Elizabeth, despite her loving image, was a high riding bitch.

She often told people she wasn't as nice as they thought she was. They thought she was joking. She knew she wasn't.

[quote] The title was to placate her and shut her up.

No. She actually hated being called the "Queen Mother". She had to put up with it because she shared the same name as her daughter, the Queen. If the Queen had a different name, the Queen Mother would simply have gone by Queen Elizabeth in the same way as Queen Mary and Queen Alexandra. At first, Queen Alexandra was referred to as the "Dowager Queen" and she put a stop to it right off. When she became a widow, Queen Mary stated that she wished to be known as Queen Mary. Writers sometimes called her the Queen Mother or the Dowager Queen, but they were incorrect.

When Queen Victoria became queen, her aunt was known as the Dowager Queen Adelaide. Victoria disliked this and thought it lacked respect and smacked of a demotion of sorts. She made it known that only in official government correspondence was Queen Adelaide to be referred to as the Dowager Queen or the Dowager Queen Adelaide. At all other times, she was Queen Adelaide.

Queen Mary was instructed after her marriage to address Queen Victoria as "Grandmama", but while she was growing up as a Teck princess, she called Victoria "Aunt Queen".

by Anonymousreply 86November 6, 2019 1:33 AM

R60: No, but I see how simple you are when your royal-loving ass is handed to you, frau. I’ll write what I please and I’m more than pleased to see how it triggers a sad little royal suckup like you. Boo fucking hoo.

“Debbie Downer.” So original. So, what, 1992? You can’t even come up with an original retort. Pathetic.

You don’t get to decide what anyone writes. Don’t like it? Read what else is written here. I’m hardly alone in lambasting the layabouts you so sickeningly adore.

by Anonymousreply 87November 6, 2019 1:33 AM

Just wait until everyone finds out that all of the members of the British royal family have no blood claim to the throne!

by Anonymousreply 88November 6, 2019 1:40 AM

I think Diana's true love was Charles. He didn't want her, but she always wanted him. I love Diana, but her taste in men was terrible including the cheating motherfucker Charles.

by Anonymousreply 89November 6, 2019 1:46 AM

My Mom thought her name is "Carmela Bowels."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90November 6, 2019 2:55 AM

Oh, dear. R87's Tuesday night drinky-poo turned into a half dozen drinky-poos or more. Thank you for your venom. It is noted.

by Anonymousreply 91November 6, 2019 3:39 AM

R90. Well, she got the "bowels" part right.

by Anonymousreply 92November 6, 2019 3:43 AM

Andrew Parker Bowles was the known as the best fuck in London. Charles was a boiled turnip in comparison, and Camilla wanted to get a leg over . . . okay, several legs over. . .while she was young, so she married Andrew. She knew Charles would keep.

by Anonymousreply 93November 6, 2019 4:23 AM

Meghan will be Queen.

Mark my words.

by Anonymousreply 94November 6, 2019 4:25 AM

Yes, queen of Frogmore. Nothing more.

by Anonymousreply 95November 6, 2019 4:33 AM

If she fails to produce offspring, her days may be numbered.

by Anonymousreply 96November 6, 2019 4:34 AM

Megs will be gone from the BRF by next summer.

by Anonymousreply 97November 6, 2019 4:48 AM

[quote] Meghan will be Queen. Mark my words.

All three of William's current children would have to die (and all of their future children would ALSO have to die) before Harry dies in order for that to happen. The three children and all their future offspring stand in the line of succession before him.

Or maybe you think she'll ditch Harry for George in a few years? I am sure the thought has occurred to Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 98November 6, 2019 4:53 AM

R94, Every fucking thread.

by Anonymousreply 99November 6, 2019 4:55 AM

If the old hag outlives the Queen, she will be known as Duchess of Horsewall.

by Anonymousreply 100November 6, 2019 5:38 AM

There are a lot of misconceptions on this thread.

First of all, Camilla is in no way obligated to take the title "Princess Consort" when Charles ascends the throne. Although in 2005, when they married, the Palace announced she would be taking that title when Charles inherited the throne, no legislation was passed ensuring this. By law, she will thus automatically become "queen consort" when he inherits the throne, unless special legislation is passed by Parliament changing her title to "princess consort" (which Charles would have to consent to). Most crown-watchers think this is extremely unlikely to happen: the "princess consort" declaration was made only to make her seem more palatable to the British populace, who fourteen years ago did not like her and thought she was trying to muscle her way in to take what should have been Diana's. It is FAR more likely that when Elizabeth II dies and Charles becomes king, Camilla will just assume the title of his queen, since that's already decreed by law.

All titles flow from the monarch, which is about the only thing s/he does have any actual power over. (Thus George VI was able to screw over Wallis, Duchess of Windsor, by denying her the "HRH" designation.) Even then, s/he has to get the assent of Parliament in most instances, and nothing regarding titles for living people necessarily remains in place when that monarch dies if the succeeding monarch wishes to change it. So Charles has pretty much final say over what title Camilla will be given when his mother dies.

Expect also for King Charles III to change the dynasty's cumbersome current name from "Windsor-Mountbatten" (decreed by Elizabeth II in the late 1950s) to "Mountbatten," by the way. It is customary for new kings who succeed their mother to take on the dynastic name of their father's family, as Edward VII did when his mother died: the dynastic name then became "Saxe-Coburg and Gotha," which was changed during WWII to the less Germanic and more English "Windsor."

by Anonymousreply 101November 6, 2019 5:40 AM

[quote]Meghan will be Queen.

She'll have to murder a lot of people.

by Anonymousreply 102November 6, 2019 9:52 AM

r102 The girl's been busy, her book club's latest pick is "Kind Hearts and Coronets."

by Anonymousreply 103November 6, 2019 11:24 AM

she looks like an old boozer and smoker, and someone needs to get her a better bra

by Anonymousreply 104November 6, 2019 12:23 PM

Ready for her closeup!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105November 6, 2019 12:31 PM

SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING WITH HER GODAWFUL HAIR.

Sorry about the caps. I just can't stand her or her hair.

by Anonymousreply 106November 6, 2019 12:33 PM

Patsy Stone's grandmother

by Anonymousreply 107November 6, 2019 12:38 PM

There's a soft spot in my heart for hookers. I like her.

by Anonymousreply 108November 6, 2019 12:39 PM

R107-oh my god, you win! That had me cackling.

by Anonymousreply 109November 6, 2019 1:19 PM

Never mind the bollocks Cam, just continue to go for the JEWELS.

by Anonymousreply 110November 6, 2019 1:43 PM

No freaking way will the Windsor-Mountbattens become just the Mountbattens. THAT name might get dropped, but not Windsor: It's too associated with the BRF, and in this modern world of ours branding is everything.

by Anonymousreply 111November 6, 2019 2:14 PM

I thought the hideous monstrosity had cancer. Why hasn't she croaked yet?

by Anonymousreply 112November 6, 2019 2:25 PM

R106 Her hair is my favorite thing about her.

by Anonymousreply 113November 6, 2019 2:32 PM

She uses liquor bottles for hair rollers.

by Anonymousreply 114November 6, 2019 3:21 PM

She. Is. Fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 115November 6, 2019 3:24 PM

She looks like a Golden Retriever's wrinkled ass.

by Anonymousreply 116November 6, 2019 3:25 PM

Personally, I like Camilla and am SO SICK of unnecessarily complicated people with tormented emotional lives. She does what she does and seems to have a reasonably good time, and she loves Charles in her way. Which is quite enough.

by Anonymousreply 117November 6, 2019 4:03 PM

It's been said Charles has told her he loves her hair as it is, so she's keeping it.

Without big hair of some sort, she couldn't wear the tiaras like the ones at r105. And no other woman in the royal family wants to wear them, so she's doing them a favor by not asking to wear the small ones.

by Anonymousreply 118November 6, 2019 4:31 PM

Young pretty women like Kate are not supposed to wear big jewels, because their youthful beauty is more than enough ornament.

Ugly and wrinkled women like Camilla are supposed to wear big jewels to distract from their lack of beauty.

by Anonymousreply 119November 6, 2019 4:33 PM

[quote] I thought the hideous monstrosity had cancer.

That was just a tabloid rumor.

by Anonymousreply 120November 6, 2019 4:34 PM

I have never understood why people like Camilla don't update their appearances, especially hair styles.

She literally could have any of the top stylists in the world provide her position and age appropriate suggestions for clothes, hair, and makeup. Yet, she insists on going out in public looking frumpy. I'm not suggesting plastic surgery or anything, just more flattering hair and clothes. Jane Fonda seems to be able to do it. Helen Mirren. Judy Dench.

I cannot think of one PR or strategic reason why she continues to go around looking like this. At one point, I could see that she would say to herself, "hey, I'll never be able to compete against Diana" so didn't try. But, it just seems silly now to go around with that hair.

by Anonymousreply 121November 6, 2019 5:44 PM

Homewrecking cunt! Stick a tiara up her ass and call her a taxi!

by Anonymousreply 122November 6, 2019 5:46 PM

WHo the fuck cares with this lot? They're dinosaurs and need to be returned to their natural habitat: the bogs. They can choose how. I rather liked the old fashioned, ritual killings of the 'oak king' at winter solstice. It would be a wonderful nod to tradition, n'cest pas?

by Anonymousreply 123November 6, 2019 5:48 PM

Those of you complaining about her hair are probably not British? That hairstyle or any sort of bad blonde helmet head are very common among England's upper classes, especially the horsey country set. She fits right in to her demographic.

by Anonymousreply 124November 6, 2019 6:09 PM

r124 Like Princess Anne's ? Now that's a fine example of a helmet of hair on a horsey type!

by Anonymousreply 125November 6, 2019 6:20 PM

Yes R125. I live amongst these ladies and I am forever perplexed and amused by the level of bad-hairness. And it seems the higher the social class, the worse the hair. I'm American, but have lived in the UK posh countryside for a long time. I sometimes feel like an anthropologist studying a local tribe. Ha.

by Anonymousreply 126November 6, 2019 8:17 PM

I think it is universal with the horsey set. I live in a town in the Southern US that is a major center for world equestrians in the winter, and I see that style all the time.

by Anonymousreply 127November 6, 2019 8:38 PM

As a woman of a certain age she no longer needs a tampon.

by Anonymousreply 128November 6, 2019 8:44 PM

Southern US, huh?

This explains your curious obsession with nobility that wouldn't allow you to breathe the steam off of their feces.

You will be in the next round, but we will be merciful.

by Anonymousreply 129November 6, 2019 8:46 PM

She was promoted to lady cup.

by Anonymousreply 130November 6, 2019 8:47 PM

As I grew up I had much appreciation for Her. CCN and other media outlets made me hater her when I was younger as if I had to pick her over Diana. It's sad what happened to Lady Di (pun intended) but she and Charles were lovers before Diana came into the picture. I'm glad they married. That's a REAL love story.

by Anonymousreply 131November 6, 2019 8:48 PM

I like Camilla's hair. It's overly bleached and anachronistically styled and it's just her. And really, when you're a royal, being stable, predictable and familiar is what it's all about. It's comforting.

by Anonymousreply 132November 6, 2019 8:48 PM

Forgive the grammatical errors, I am drunk.

by Anonymousreply 133November 6, 2019 8:49 PM

Camilla was never a glamour puss. They gave her a makeover when she married Charles, but now that they've settled in and the public has accepted her, I don't think she gives a shit anymore. I doubt she cares if she ever becomes Queen Consort or not.

by Anonymousreply 134November 6, 2019 8:56 PM

R114 wins!

by Anonymousreply 135November 6, 2019 9:06 PM

Well, it seems that Charles can do what he wants for a name -- "A proclamation on the Royal Family name by the reigning monarch is not statutory; unlike an Act of Parliament, it does not pass into the law of the land. Such a proclamation is not binding on succeeding reigning sovereigns, nor does it set a precedent which must be followed by reigning sovereigns who come after.

Unless The Prince of Wales chooses to alter the present decisions when he becomes king, he will continue to be of the House of Windsor and his grandchildren will use the surname Mountbatten-Windsor."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136November 6, 2019 9:11 PM

Homewrecker my ass! She and Charles were already in love before doe eyed Diana came into the picture.

by Anonymousreply 137November 6, 2019 9:35 PM

[quote]She and Charles were already in love before doe eyed Diana came into the picture.

LOL

[quote]According to royal biographer Penny Junor: "[Camilla] was passionately in love with [Andrew] but he was a cad, he was bonking other people, some of her friends...So when she was introduced to Charles and he thought she was pretty special...he thought she was a bit of alright and she thought 'Andrew is at the moment off with Princess Anne, you know her brother, teach Andrew a lesson.' So she had a fling with Charles."

[quote]It's pretty clear at this point that Charles was in love with Camilla; Camilla's feelings at the time are less clear. Later, when Charles was stationed abroad in the Caribbean and Andrew had broken up with Anne, Camilla went on to marry Andrew. Charles wrote of his sadness to his uncle, Lord Montbatten, that "such a blissful, peaceful and mutually happy relationship" had ended. The Queen Mother and Princess Anne both attended Camilla and Andrew's wedding.

by Anonymousreply 138November 6, 2019 9:38 PM

Rich women often "freeze" the style of hair they had as younger women so that they don;t seem to have aged as much with each passing year. Most often it's a kind of hairstyle that hides as much of their foreheads as possible so it also hides a lot of their wrinkles. Anna Wintour does this, for example, and so does Camilla. Their hairstyles always look out of date, but they do it so they look younger than they are (although poor Camilla is SO wrinkled that she can't hide her age much).

by Anonymousreply 139November 6, 2019 10:24 PM

I wonder how Meghan would like to be styled, when she becomes Queen?

by Anonymousreply 140November 6, 2019 10:35 PM

Lol R138

What a moron! Isn't that the same royal biographer that waxed lyrical about Diana and bitched about Camilla?

by Anonymousreply 141November 6, 2019 10:44 PM

R140 Do you have a brain? She'll never become one so stop trying to live vicariously through her, ugly frau!

by Anonymousreply 142November 6, 2019 10:45 PM

[quote]I think it is universal with the horsey set. I live in a town in the Southern US that is a major center for world equestrians in the winter, and I see that style all the time.

Wellington?

by Anonymousreply 143November 6, 2019 11:19 PM

Only if she manages a clear round jumping fences

by Anonymousreply 144November 6, 2019 11:21 PM

R139-ain't that the truth? My sister has her hair frozen in the late 70s/early 80s. It looks very dated (very Jaclyn Smith), but she does look younger than her 67 years, so it seems to be working for her. Honestly, if she got a better cut and style, she wouldn't look like herself.

by Anonymousreply 145November 7, 2019 12:22 AM

R143 Aiken, South Carolina, we actually have seasons. We have numerous stables, an annual spring and fall steeplechase, harness races, polo matches year round, foxhunting, and we have hosted The Ambassador's Cup, at least once, for international polo. The rich, many of whom live in the North, winter here with their horses and are horse mad. We also have one of, if not the largest, urban forests in the nation, Hitchcock Woods, it is 2,111 acres. The main purpose of the forest is to be a beautiful place for people to ride their horses everyday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146November 7, 2019 12:49 AM

Meghan is so beautiful compared to the ugly white hags Camilla and Kate. William is disgusting, like a boiled egg.

by Anonymousreply 147November 7, 2019 12:56 AM

[quote]Lol [R138]

[quote]What a moron! Isn't that the same royal biographer that waxed lyrical about Diana and bitched about Camilla?

LOL - no idea.

What I do know is that the idea that Charles and Camilla were in love is patently absurd. He may have been in love with her, but she was clearly not in love with him...until the benefit of being a duchess outweighed her ability to snag someone richer, better looking, or more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 148November 7, 2019 12:57 AM

There is only one Queen Camilla.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149November 7, 2019 12:58 AM

r146 South Carolina would have been my next guess. But Tryon.

by Anonymousreply 150November 7, 2019 1:13 AM

R150 Tryon is North Carolina, but close to the border. Aiken is all about horses and golf, since we are in the Augusta, GA metropolitan area. I'm a bit of an anomaly, since I don't golf or ride. Though, it is nice seeing the equestrians around town in their tight riding breeches as they tend to have very nice asses.

by Anonymousreply 151November 7, 2019 1:20 AM

I'm SO enthralled by this discussion of South Carolina.

Who cares about royalty when we can compare the attractions of various hamlets in The iodine State?

by Anonymousreply 152November 7, 2019 2:01 AM

R152 Well to tie it back into royalty, the Duke and Duchess of Windsor did visit numerous times and Prince Edward came last year to visit our court tennis facility, one of the few in the US.

by Anonymousreply 153November 7, 2019 2:22 AM

She wrote to me to ask if I'd do some show jumping but she wouldn't pay my stable fees so I said "neigh"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154November 7, 2019 7:27 AM

She's as sensible as her mother in law and so she will be loved.

by Anonymousreply 155November 7, 2019 7:36 AM

Who the hell is supporting this horrible candidate Gabbard? I can't believe she made it onto the November debate.

by Anonymousreply 156November 7, 2019 7:59 AM

Rottweiler Parker Bowles

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157November 7, 2019 8:02 AM

OP is one of the deranged anti Diana loons. It identifies with Camilla because it, like Camilla is homely and nobody gives a shit about it.

by Anonymousreply 158November 7, 2019 2:18 PM

Cammie had to bow out of a Remembrance appearance with Hopeless Harry and Renegade Rachel today due to a chest infection.

by Anonymousreply 159November 7, 2019 2:28 PM

I think it's clear that these days, Camilla does the events she wants to do, and nothing more. She didn't go to Eugenie's wedding, either.

by Anonymousreply 160November 7, 2019 2:42 PM

She's cool. Diana was tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 161November 7, 2019 2:58 PM

she already bashed prince george for dialing the phone with a pencil. look at his teeth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162November 7, 2019 3:03 PM

George is adorable. We might finally get a good looking Royal.

by Anonymousreply 163November 7, 2019 3:05 PM

R158, I have horrible news for you...brace yourself...Diana has been DEAD for 22 years!

by Anonymousreply 164November 7, 2019 3:10 PM

Got to give it to her, she kept her mouth shut and her legs open for her 'tampon' prince.

Ready for the guillotines yet? I'm getting impatient.

by Anonymousreply 165November 7, 2019 3:13 PM

Wait-Diana died?

by Anonymousreply 166November 7, 2019 3:25 PM

Camilla is great! Looking forward to her taking control.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167November 7, 2019 5:57 PM

The only thing Camilla will be taking control of is a gin and tonic.

by Anonymousreply 168November 7, 2019 5:59 PM

r167 You do realize that about the only thing she will control is the menu that the Palace chef prepares and which brand of gin the Palace stocks.

by Anonymousreply 169November 7, 2019 6:00 PM

You forget, R169, that she will likely control access to tiaras. So important.

I've made a hat for her. No scarves. They get in the way.

by Anonymousreply 170November 7, 2019 6:07 PM

Yes, she will have access to a mountain of jewels. A mountain of them. And Charles will insist she be completely kitted out in them.

by Anonymousreply 171November 7, 2019 6:15 PM

Their Majesties HRH King Henry Windsor and Queen Meghan.

I love the sound of it.

by Anonymousreply 172November 7, 2019 6:17 PM

Do diamonds stop steel?

by Anonymousreply 173November 7, 2019 6:18 PM

Bow down to your future King and Queen, bitches!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174November 7, 2019 6:20 PM

For a moment, perhaps.

by Anonymousreply 175November 7, 2019 6:21 PM

Diana and Sarah used to call her "Camilla Park Your Balls"

I thought that was funny. This entire family could definitely live in a trailer park.

by Anonymousreply 176November 7, 2019 6:43 PM

Harry and Meghan will never rule. This is not an episode of The Only Way is Essex.

by Anonymousreply 177November 7, 2019 7:00 PM

Diana cheapened the Royal Family. Tragic. Camilla has done no wrong and has been good for Charles.

by Anonymousreply 178November 7, 2019 8:09 PM

People prefer that Camilla not show up at public events. NOBODY wants to see that hideous creature!

by Anonymousreply 179November 7, 2019 8:55 PM

Camilla just canceled an event. She has a cold.

by Anonymousreply 180November 7, 2019 9:34 PM

A little more than a cold.

Camilla is suffering from farcy and glanders

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181November 7, 2019 9:41 PM

100 years from now, Diana will still be a fascinating historical figures. She will never be forgotten. Whereas, Camilla will be but a footnote and an irrevalent one at that.

by Anonymousreply 182November 8, 2019 12:35 AM

Charles and Camilla probably won’t be in the throne that long. The Queen still seems to be in fairly stable health and her mother lived to be over 100.

Meanwhile Charles seems to be constantly drinking, judging by his red face. If Charles goes, so does she.

by Anonymousreply 183November 8, 2019 12:44 AM

Prince Charles and King Charles does not have the power to declare who is queen and who is princess consort. She will be the Queen.

by Anonymousreply 184November 8, 2019 12:47 AM

I give the odds of Charles becoming King at 50/50. Not because they'll skip him for William, as of course they can't legally do that, but because he just won't outlive his mother.

by Anonymousreply 185November 8, 2019 12:49 AM

But...if Charlie dies before QE, why wouldn’t the line of succession then go to Princess Anne or Prince Andrew?

by Anonymousreply 186November 8, 2019 1:11 AM

No, R186. It doesn't work that way.

by Anonymousreply 187November 8, 2019 1:19 AM

R186 Because his death wouldn't erase his children or grand-children from existence.

by Anonymousreply 188November 8, 2019 1:20 AM

R126 - I also do not understand all the bad teeth. Many posh UK people have bad teeth. Many rich UK people, like Jeremy Clarkson of The Grand Tour fame, have teeth that are rotting out of their gums. I never understood this.

by Anonymousreply 189November 8, 2019 6:05 PM

R186, if Charles had never had children, then you might be onto something. But since he has direct heirs, the line of succession follows the heirs.

by Anonymousreply 190November 8, 2019 6:09 PM

Ewwwww....Queen of the Skanks maybe.

by Anonymousreply 191November 8, 2019 6:09 PM

What will Meghan wear for her coronation as Queen?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192November 8, 2019 6:18 PM

R192 - How many bloody times do people have to post that Instagram likes or popularity polls are NOT how the line of succession is established? Charles, William and his whole family would have to be wiped out before 6th place Harry gets a chance. Duh.

Line of Succession For Dummies

1 Charles

2 William

3 George

4 Charlotte

5 Louis

6 HARRY

Have you got that now, simpleton?

by Anonymousreply 193November 8, 2019 6:26 PM

Plane crash, r193.

by Anonymousreply 194November 8, 2019 6:31 PM

R192 - Meghan has her own thread. Go post there.

by Anonymousreply 195November 8, 2019 6:31 PM

Go douche your nasty cunt, R195.

by Anonymousreply 196November 8, 2019 6:34 PM

[quote]Diana and Sarah used to call her "Camilla Park Your Balls"

Ha! I miss the Princess of Wales and Duchess of York keeping it real. They had, well Sarah still has, personality and pizzazz.

by Anonymousreply 197November 8, 2019 6:36 PM

They aren't all allowed to fly in the same plane r194.

Camilla will be Queen Consort, I think that's already pre-determined. How much access to BP will her two kids have? Will they make balcony appearance during Trooping the Colour, as is tradition? I like her son Tom, he seems a laid-back, tipsy goofy sort (kind of like his mum). Don't know much about her daughter.

Will her kids do the long church walk at Sandringham at Christmas with the rest of the royals.

by Anonymousreply 198November 8, 2019 6:37 PM

R197 - I like Camilla for the same reason I like Sarah, they both seem like a lot fun.

by Anonymousreply 199November 8, 2019 6:38 PM

[quote]Their Majesties HRH King Henry Windsor and Queen Meghan. I love the sound of it.

R172. R174. There would have to be a Moldavian Massacre for that to happen.

by Anonymousreply 200November 8, 2019 6:42 PM

"Don't know much about her daughter"

R198 - I think her daughter married someone very wealthy who I believe is a member of the Astor clan. Her son married Sara Buys who worked for a fashion Magazine which I believe was British Harper's Bazaar formerly Harper's & Queen magazine if my memory serves me correctly.

by Anonymousreply 201November 8, 2019 6:42 PM

[quote] Their Majesties HRH King Henry Windsor and Queen Meghan. I love the sound of it.

I also love "Prince Archie."

That would be cute and hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 202November 8, 2019 6:44 PM

[quote] They aren't all allowed to fly in the same plane [R194].

That's actually not true. Diana broke the previous tradition of having the children of the heir to the throne ride in separate planes back in 1983, when baby William flew with his parents to Australia. The wishes of the mother for the emotional health of her babies overrode the palace protocol, and Kate has followed suit with that while her children are very young.

However, George is six now, and will very likely soon be able to fly in a separate plane with a nanny, so if that plane crash that r194 creepily longs for does happen, it better happen in a year or two--after that he will likely no longer ride in the same plane with William and his siblings.

by Anonymousreply 203November 8, 2019 6:44 PM

R199. I like Sarah, not Camilla. I have no use for Camilla for undermining Diana at every turn.

by Anonymousreply 204November 8, 2019 6:45 PM

For r186: Here's the line of succession going down even further--and keep in mind it cannot be changed except by act of parliament (neither the queen nor Charles can change it by themselves or together):

1. Charles

2. William

3. William's eldest son, George

4. William's eldest daughter, Charlotte

5. William's second son, Louis

6. Harry

7. Harry's son, Archie

8. Andrew

9. Andrew's eldest child, Beatrice

10. Andrew's second child, Eugenie

11. Edward

12. Edward's son, James

13. Edward's daughter, Louise

14. Anne

15. Anne's son, Peter

It goes from there to Peter's two daughters, then to Anne's daughter Zara, then Zara's two daughters.

by Anonymousreply 205November 8, 2019 6:49 PM

R205 - Thank you for posting. It is not that some people do not get; it is that some people do not want to get it.

by Anonymousreply 206November 8, 2019 6:52 PM

What would happen if the succeeding heir was still a child? If something crazy happened and somehow George at 6 was to step up to the thrown, how would that work? Would he be King with some sort of interim sovereign?

by Anonymousreply 207November 8, 2019 6:54 PM

I think Harry would become regent if George succeeded before he as 21 years of age or it might be 18 years of age. I am not sure on the age.

by Anonymousreply 208November 8, 2019 7:00 PM

[QUOTE] Charles will insist she be completely kitted out in them.

It’s his right, since many of jewels will belong to him personally, others held by him on behalf of the state. Diamonds, pearls, and gems of Queen Adelaide, Queen Victoria, Queen Alexandra, Queen Mary, Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother, and Queen Elizabeth. MOUNTAINS.

Camilla can carry jewels well, don’t worry. She’ll look exactly the way a royal consort should, she’s not shy for the big guns. Her hair is perfect for extravagant tiaras, and her cleavage and low necklines she favors are perfect for necklaces.

by Anonymousreply 209November 8, 2019 7:02 PM

R208 - god help us if Harry is named Regent. I would think the Princess Royal should get that job.

by Anonymousreply 210November 8, 2019 7:05 PM

I would agree with r208 that Harry would be the most likely choice to be designated regent for George if the queen and Charles were to die tomorrow and William were to take the throne before George is 18 . It's probably not official right now though, since George is not yet a heartbeat away from the monarchy.

I know it was official from 1936 to 1948 when George VI was king and Princess Elizabeth was under 18 that her uncle Henry, Duke of Gloucester, was officially designated the regent-to-be if she should succeed to the throne before her 18th birthday, but she was then literally a heartbeat away from the throne.

Harry's title in such a situation would be Prince Regent until George came of age.

by Anonymousreply 211November 8, 2019 7:07 PM

See below...If women were treated equally at the time of Anne's birth and Louise's birth, the succession to the throne should be--in fact they could have switched the succession order for Aanne and Louise when they changed it when William's kids were born and Charlotte would succeed George. Succession order was switched in Sweden. When Prince Carl Philip was born:, he was on track to be king even though his sister, Princess Victoria, was older. When the succession order was changed and females could succeed based on birth order, Carl Philip was bumped down and Victoria was bumped up to be heir to the throne.,

1. Charles

2. William

3. William's eldest son, George

4. William's eldest daughter, Charlotte

5. William's second son, Louis

6. Harry

7. Harry's son, Archie

8. Anne

9. Anne's son, Peter Phillips

10. Peter Phillips's eldest daughter

11. Peter Phillips second daughter

12. Anne's daughter, Zara Phillips

13. Zara Phillips' eldest daughter

14. Zara Phillips second daughter

15. Andrew

16. Andrew's eldest daughter Beatrice

17. Andrew's second daughter, Eugenie

18. Edward

19. Edward's daughter, Louise

20. Edward's son, James

by Anonymousreply 212November 8, 2019 7:13 PM

R211 - You go down the line of succession until you reach the first person over 21 when determining who the Regent is.

Before QEII was 18 or 21 (not sure on age), the next person in the line of succession over the age of 21 was her uncle, HRH Henry, Duke of Gloucester.

by Anonymousreply 213November 8, 2019 7:13 PM

r211/r213 - Harry would not be regent for George. Kate would be first choice. If she weren't available for whatever reason it could be Harry, or another suitable family member. One thing certain, it would NOT be Andrew. Edward and Anne would ostensibly be around to help out if Kate wasn't available.

The old-school rules re Regencies whereby the next in succession became regent automatically were changed in the 1950s when Charles and Anne were heirs and minors. An addendum to the existing Regency Act made Philip regent in case of QEII's death, rather than Aunt Margaret which wouldn't have been appropriate. A similar addendum would certainly be created to put Kate in charge of a minor King George.

by Anonymousreply 214November 9, 2019 12:06 AM

[quote] Harry would not be regent for George. Kate would be first choice.

Not likely. Kate is an anorexic commoner peasant. There's no way in hell they would bypass someone with actualy ROYAL blood - like Harry or Archie - for the daughter of a flight attendant.

Yeah... not gonna happen.

If anything happened to William, Harry would be in charge, until one of the anorexic hag's brood, is old enough to take over.

by Anonymousreply 215November 9, 2019 2:31 AM

In the past, I would have expected it would be Harry, but with his recent actions I doubt it. The governments of the realms and the Commonwealth, would not want someone as obviously emotionally fragile and damaged as him to serve as regent.

by Anonymousreply 216November 9, 2019 2:41 AM

Hello - they are not passing over George's MOTHER for anyone else. Not his wayward dipshit uncle, his pedo great-uncle, his imperiously royal great-aunt or anyone else. This is nearly 2020: they will appoint his mother first.

In her absence or death, it would be Harry (only if he's still living in the UK). And if he's not around, a joint regency could easily be created whereby Edward and Anne the Princess Royal could share that duty, until George is of age.

See the link for info re the Regency Act of 1953. A similar act would be passed to make Kate regent, if needed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217November 9, 2019 3:18 AM

Kate is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 218November 9, 2019 3:20 AM

R192, something slovenly and ugly.

Someone above referred to Prince George stepping up to the THROWN. I’m going to go and thrown up now.

by Anonymousreply 219November 9, 2019 3:26 AM

Correction: Kate is the MOTHER cunt, r218.

by Anonymousreply 220November 9, 2019 3:32 AM

Correction: Kate is the MOTHER of ALL cunts, R220!

by Anonymousreply 221November 9, 2019 3:38 AM

It's not Friday night on DL until all our Queens have weighed in on the Order of Succession, who gets to be the Regent and what kind of cunt poor Kate is....

by Anonymousreply 222November 9, 2019 3:59 AM

We have Melania if you catch my drift. Something both countries have in common and will be that the spouses of leaders are

by Anonymousreply 223November 9, 2019 4:02 AM

[quote]when Charles becomes King, EVERYFUCKINGBODY will have to bow, scrape and curtsy to her as wife of the sovereign.

Only you royal obsessed minions in the UK. The rest of the world couldn't give a shit who she thinks she is. It's odd that you guys over there say the monarchy has no power anymore yet you believe in your core that you must bow down as some kind of master slave relationship.

She is basically the kardashian of the UK only uglier.

by Anonymousreply 224November 9, 2019 4:15 AM

Markle could be regent. Problem is she never give it up and would poison George.

by Anonymousreply 225November 9, 2019 4:34 AM

Since all the onion layers have been peeled back, Prince Dim Harry isn't going anywhere except off into the sunset. Good luck with the mental health and that wife, Dim.

by Anonymousreply 226November 9, 2019 4:43 AM

I like Camilla, as time goes on. I think both Charles and Diana were to blame for the demise of their marriage. I was sad when Diana died, but I think she was probably high-maintenance and a lot of drama. Yes, I think she loved her sons and showed them affection. But if she had lived, I think the sons would have been with nannies or governesses quite a bit. I think Diana would have been traveling a lot, looking for a 2nd husband.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227November 9, 2019 5:06 AM

What would Harry even do if he and Sparkle were to quit the royal family? Wander around LA, pretending to be important? He's a known dullard who had to cheat his way through secondary school. He really has no other option in life other than to hold babies and cut ribbons for a living, like a lifelong pageant queen.

by Anonymousreply 228November 9, 2019 5:09 AM

The bitch queen pedo protector will be the last. Trust me.

by Anonymousreply 229November 9, 2019 2:22 PM

Cammie will show up for an engagement with the Queen and family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230November 9, 2019 4:24 PM

Glad her highness is feeling better. There's an event tonight, and then the ceremony tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 231November 9, 2019 4:35 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232November 9, 2019 6:54 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233November 9, 2019 6:59 PM

Will and Kate at Royal Albert Hall this evening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234November 9, 2019 7:14 PM

The Queen has arrived.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235November 9, 2019 7:15 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236November 9, 2019 7:29 PM

LOL, it's where they belong.

by Anonymousreply 237November 9, 2019 7:30 PM

R236 - Isn't Boris still married to his wife? Why is Mistress Claire even allowed to sit with the Royals? Yeah, the times have changed but does anyone have any class anymore?

by Anonymousreply 238November 9, 2019 7:32 PM

Harry looks like he doesn't give two fucks about being there.

Like he couldn't care less.

He probably wants to be at home with his son.

It's not as if he hasn't been attending that boring crap for over 30 years.

by Anonymousreply 239November 9, 2019 7:32 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240November 9, 2019 7:33 PM

R239 Out of all of them, other than the Queen who lived through WWII, he should feel the most connected to Remembrance events as a war veteran. However, he has become much too self involved.

by Anonymousreply 241November 9, 2019 7:37 PM

R241 - Andrew flew a Navy helicopter during the Falklands War. Andrew is on the right next to PM Boris.

by Anonymousreply 242November 9, 2019 7:39 PM

Hapless Harry looks lost in space.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243November 9, 2019 7:39 PM

Camilla is so hideous. Only unattractive losers can possibly like her.

by Anonymousreply 244November 9, 2019 7:41 PM

R242 I was going to mention Andrew, but I didn't see him in attendance. Boris kind of blocks out anyone sitting near him.

by Anonymousreply 245November 9, 2019 7:43 PM

Meghan looks absolutely radiant, with a fuller figure.

Just very natural. And happy. Unlike the anorexic hag in the front row, with her miserable looking husband.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246November 9, 2019 7:44 PM

This thread will be closed now that the Megaloon has arrived.

by Anonymousreply 247November 9, 2019 7:45 PM

Yes, she does r246. Like a radiant barrel.

by Anonymousreply 248November 9, 2019 7:47 PM

Sophie, Anne, Kate and Camilla.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249November 9, 2019 7:48 PM

R246 - Oh yes, Delusional One, Kate and Will look so miserable, don't they?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250November 9, 2019 7:50 PM

LOLOLOL, only a few days ago the Meg loon kept telling us Meg has slimmed down to her pre pregnancy body ... now that Meg has turned up as a black barrel, even he has to admit she has got a 'fuller figure'.

Hey Meg loon, just fyi: This is not a 'fuller figure' - this chunkyness is the result of having let herself go now that she has got the ring on her finger and the meal ticket aka Archie.

by Anonymousreply 251November 9, 2019 7:51 PM

They're just so miserable, aren't they? LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252November 9, 2019 7:52 PM

Is Markle showing up for the Armistice Day ceremony? Was she invited?

by Anonymousreply 253November 9, 2019 8:00 PM

Not a Markell fan, but she looks good (for a change).

I like Sophie’s hair down. Very stylish.

by Anonymousreply 254November 9, 2019 8:11 PM

Does anyone know of any good royal discussion boards? I see that the Meghan thread has been closed and it seems that soon there won't be any DL royal threads left, or they'll be closed right away.

It's interesting that the same fanatical poster is in the Harry Styles threads bashing other former One Direction members. Her posts provoke heated responses as they do in the royal threads, but those threads aren't being shut down. It would be nice to have an explanation.

by Anonymousreply 255November 9, 2019 8:11 PM

Camilla looks well for being so sick recently.

by Anonymousreply 256November 9, 2019 8:13 PM

R240. Where are Their Royal Highnesses Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie? They should be there...or are they beyond the photo frame? And would it have killed them to invite Sarah, Duchess of York?

by Anonymousreply 257November 9, 2019 8:16 PM

I wonder if it would be allowable to start a vintage Royal gossip thread here, say pre-2000 events. That way, people could have fun discussing the historical Royal shenanigans without having to get involved with the dicier issues. Anybody with a subscription interested in starting one?

by Anonymousreply 258November 9, 2019 8:18 PM

r257. This is a British Legion event and not a Royal family event such as Trooping the Colour. All the extras are not needed or probably wanted.

by Anonymousreply 259November 9, 2019 8:20 PM

Is Meghan pregnant again?

by Anonymousreply 260November 9, 2019 8:21 PM

R255, I'd love to get an explanation, too.

R258, there's no point in doing so - such a thread would get deleted. The webmasters don't seem to mind the DL getting infested and messed up by some trolls and they most certainly don't give a fuck about real, legitimate (and paying!) users.

by Anonymousreply 261November 9, 2019 8:21 PM

Sophie looks fantastic tonight. She can be hit and miss but really looks good here. I would love Megs dress on a more petite frame..it is very 50's Grace Kelly if you imagine it with a tiny waist and the pointy bras they wore then. Nice to see Edward , Will and Kate having a giggle.I wonder who farted?

by Anonymousreply 262November 9, 2019 8:28 PM

Meg’s plunging neckline was inappropriate.

by Anonymousreply 263November 9, 2019 8:51 PM

So the Megloon got all the other threads shut down I see. There were about 5 threads yesterday and now they're all disappeared.

I finally subscribed in large part for the Dangling/ BRF threads, which were then 'mysteriously' shut down permanently too.

Why is DL censoring this topic? So we are not allowed to talk about the BRF on here anymore?

by Anonymousreply 264November 9, 2019 9:32 PM

DL rewards the asshole trolls by shutting down threads they infect and censors the paying customers/content providers for responding?

Sounds like a plan - to lose business.

by Anonymousreply 265November 9, 2019 9:43 PM

Nice to see that Harry didn’t wear his same old khakis and scuffed hush puppy shoes.

by Anonymousreply 266November 9, 2019 9:47 PM

Inside the Duchy of Cornwall

It makes me sick that our last, very popular thread was deleted. We had collectively been trying to avoid the Sussexes, and had created a very rich thread full of historical interest. It was one of our better efforts, and now it's gone because of one deranged fangurl, who isn't even a subscriber.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267November 9, 2019 9:56 PM

That's a really good watch, r267. Shows a side of Charles I hadn't really seen before. He comes off incredibly well and is clearly a major positive force in those farmers' lives. Good stuff. Thanks for posting.

Speaking of the mass-deletions, has anyone ever seen another ultra-popular topic mass-censored before on here? I've been here since 2008 and cannot remember ever seeing this kind of censorship before. Can anyone else think of another example? It's really irritating, and weirdly unsettling.

by Anonymousreply 268November 9, 2019 10:09 PM

I wish Muriel would just flat out explain what the rule is. Does she delete them? I don't really care about the why if so. Do Megantoinette's legion of the damaged hit F&F enough the system just freezes them and it dies? It is strange, R268... I've never seen anything like it and I've been here a long time. (I heard of the weirdness around the Prancing Ponies but I didn't witness it... I think this may be similar.) Anyway, it's a weird one.

by Anonymousreply 269November 9, 2019 10:11 PM

R268 I think they do it to BRF threads and soap threads. Even though they appear to be two of the most popular types of threads. It makes no sense to keep shutting down threads that are popular. It would be like if McDonald's stopped selling Big Macs.

by Anonymousreply 270November 9, 2019 10:13 PM

R270, Do you know if the soap threads have fanatical posters trying to shut them down?

by Anonymousreply 271November 9, 2019 10:21 PM

R224 Oh dear, I see a deranged American MM fan has never heard of the Commonwealth and of course Camilla will be Queen of it all. As for bowing, no one is under any obligation to do so including in the UK or anywhere else.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272November 9, 2019 10:25 PM

R271 There always a few crazy people who post obsessively, then they get shut down.

by Anonymousreply 273November 9, 2019 10:27 PM

I wonder how much all these rocks weigh. We don’t really talk about the necklaces here. This one is too much, IMO. Who’d have thought one could have too many diamonds?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274November 9, 2019 10:34 PM

There are loads of threads where people post obsessively r273. The only ones that get shut down are ones a specific, single pro-MM poster trolls and derails.

by Anonymousreply 275November 9, 2019 10:37 PM

Our last BRF thread was humming along beautifully, with several hundred responses, until the deranged MM fangurl showed up and started posting. Many of us asked her to leave the thread, but she persisted, and that's when it was shut down. But she had earlier threatened the thread (I guess because we WEREN'T talking about her idol). It's a no-win situation. I had always assumed that it was comments about MM that were causing threads to be shut down, so I had been avoiding commenting on her, but it seems like any threads about British Royals have to be devoted to discussing MM's (non-existent) stellar qualities. I'm still a little too shocked to react, but I'm going to have to consider discontinuing my paid status if I'm not even allowed to post about the subjects that interest me.

by Anonymousreply 276November 9, 2019 10:38 PM

The fanatic recently posted nasty things about Charlotte and George on the SWC Show part trois thread to bait people. It does seem like a lose-lose.

by Anonymousreply 277November 9, 2019 10:45 PM

So this one non-paying individual is allowed to shut down paying posters?

So this loathesome, deranged troll now edits the DL?

I've got better uses for my $19.00. Like burning it.

by Anonymousreply 278November 9, 2019 11:08 PM

If a plane crash were indeed to wipe out one branch of the royal family, why would it be the Cambridges and not the Sussexes?

by Anonymousreply 279November 10, 2019 12:50 AM

R279, Because the MM fangurl lives in a world of fairy tales from Disney movies. They have the intellectual capacity of a 13 year old fangurl. They don't understand the British rules of succession. I will readily admit to being an American gay man, but my BF is black, and I've been deeply insulted as a racist, simply for offering a not-so-positive opinion of MM. In terms of how things work in the greater world, I always defer to the Brits, and you'll never find me arguing with them. I try to think that I know my place.

by Anonymousreply 280November 10, 2019 1:25 AM

O. M. G.

Posts 250-280 are essentially ONE LONG COMPLAINT by the same person. With the same complaint.

"Why do my obsessive and racist Meghan Markle hate threads keep getting deleted?"

Do you really have to ask, you fucking nutcase? It's because you are insane.

And you're complaining about why you aren't allowed to start 10 threads a day, hating on Meghan Markle, from her "lack of decorum" to her being "unfit" for the monarchy, etc. etc. etc.????

You are clearly OBSESSED with hating Meghan Markle.

I get that. Everyone here gets that. And most of all, the Webmaster gets that.

You are the only person who doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 281November 10, 2019 3:08 AM

Fuck the Sparkle threads - wtf happened to the -delightful- Mountbatten threads? there was a wonderfully long one here until today, it had wonderful ongoing discussion re the Romanov dynasty, Prince Philip's family origins and Dickie and a's wild swinging Jazz Age lifestyle. Barely a mention of they-who-shall-not-be-named; and it was deleted! One of the better royal posts we've had here in a while.

by Anonymousreply 282November 10, 2019 3:22 AM

oh and r281, it is boring but there is -nothing- wrong with posting about disliking MM or any other celebrity. This is DL where we abhor the worship of the rich and famous. They are ripe for picking here. Take the sanctimony over to iVillage (does such a place still exist lol?) or LSA or wherever they tolerate that crap.

by Anonymousreply 283November 10, 2019 3:24 AM

[QUOTE] . I'm still a little too shocked to react, but I'm going to have to consider discontinuing my paid status if I'm not even allowed to post about the subjects that interest me.

How arrogant of you to think a gay gossip site wanted to host your lectures on the Romanovs and other historical figures.

by Anonymousreply 284November 10, 2019 3:27 AM

You're right, R283. There is nothing wrong with disliking Meghan.

However, what DOESN'T fly, is starting ten different threads per day, stating how much you dislike Meghan Markle.

And all of them UN-cleverly disguised as different variations of why Meghan is such a "monster."

It is psychotic. It's tedious. And most of all, nobody here wants to read that shit, over, and over, and over again.

by Anonymousreply 285November 10, 2019 3:28 AM

We know that Charles does not get along with his father and Andrew, but is he close to any of his other siblings? Does he have any friends, or does he only have vassals? Does Camilla get along with anyone in the family? I remember rumours that she told one of her friends, early on in the Cambridges‘ marriage, that Kate was anorexic and couldn’t have children. I don’t suppose that endeared her to William, but they sure can keep appearances.

by Anonymousreply 286November 10, 2019 3:29 AM

There is some poster who uses a French sounding name - not registered, input manually - to drive shut downs of anything mentioning the Great Marital Mistake of 2018. I don't know why posters don't F&F it. That might solve the problem?

by Anonymousreply 287November 10, 2019 3:34 AM

Nut rightly off r284 there is nothing more gay than discussion re the Romanovs! Or anything else of a historical nature here.

r285 no one is making you or anyone else read them or stay in here, posting away with us 'tedious' losers. You've posted your same complaints a dozen times in here and elsewhere. Get a hint: we hear you, we don't care, most of us stay in one or two posts (I've never been in more than that at once on any single topic on DL). The Supernatural and cooking threads are awaiting your oh-so-scintillating presence - that is if you can contribute anything non-critical or policing of others.

by Anonymousreply 288November 10, 2019 3:35 AM

[QUOTE] I get that. Everyone here gets that. And most of all, the Webmaster gets that. You are the only person who doesn't.

👏👏👏👏👏

The racist genuinely thinks there is only one 'Megstan' on DL, instead of a host of people who don't enjoy seeing the abuse, month after month. So pleased the tedious Romanov/Meghan hate thread was eliminated.

I saw the paranoid Welp Troll speculating that these threads are being nuked by MM's reps because it had never happened to any other threads. Not true, the Richard Madden/Brandon Flynn threads were all shut down and the stans moved to Tapatalk. If another is started up, it gets immediately deleted.

by Anonymousreply 289November 10, 2019 3:37 AM

[quote]We know that Charles does not get along with his father and Andrew, but is he close to any of his other siblings? Does he have any friends, or does he only have vassals? Does Camilla get along with anyone in the family?

Charles is moderately close to Anne, whom he grew up with. He is close to her two children. He actually has had plenty of friends over the years, aristo types who are mostly brown-nosy but very loyal (Soames, Van Cutsem, Constantine of Greece).

Camilla gets on fine with most of them. Perhaps not Anne, due to the shared back history over Andrew Parker-Bowles, but otherwise she fits in. She's known most of them her entire life remember.

by Anonymousreply 290November 10, 2019 3:38 AM

Why not just put it in the rules then, where everyone can read before posting, “no discussions are allowed on Meghan/One Direction/Richard Madden etc”?

by Anonymousreply 291November 10, 2019 3:40 AM

Wonder how Cammie feels about QE2 since she's the one who forbid Chuck from marrying the tramp in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 292November 10, 2019 3:42 AM

[quote]The racist genuinely thinks there is only one 'Megstan' on DL, instead of a host of people who don't enjoy seeing the abuse, month after month. So pleased the tedious Romanov/Meghan hate thread was eliminated.

There isn't one stan on DL, perhaps a few (4 or 5) but equally there's no raft of people sitting around agonizing and hand-wringing over the topics of threads here. Just a select weird controlling 1 or 2 who perpetually bitch about it in said threads, while absolutely NO ONE in them pays attention or heeds their dictatorial directives ("stop posting!", "stop talking about subject X!", etc)....

We're still here (yawn). And will be here. When are you gonna get the message? oh that's right.

by Anonymousreply 293November 10, 2019 3:44 AM

R291, there is always a 1d thread. I don't know why you think racist discourse about a young mixed race woman's 'nappy hair' and 'melted candle nose' would ever be encouraged?

by Anonymousreply 294November 10, 2019 3:46 AM

r292 I'm sure she's in awe of her, since that's how she was strictly raised to be. And Camilla wasn't banned for marrying Charles by QE or anyone else as much as she was more into APB in her youth and when he proposed first, she jumped to marry him. At that time he was her greater love/lust/suitor, although history ignores this fact.

by Anonymousreply 295November 10, 2019 3:46 AM

R290, thank you for the reply. I was just looking at tge pictures from the Remembrance day concert and thinking how the seating arrangements and the pecking order would change when Charles becomes king. Surely Andrew will be banished and Harry and Meghan brought to the front. Would he still keep Anne around, or is she just there to support her mom and would otherwise prefer to retire? Sophie seems committed to her Royal duties, and she usually gets non very high-profile or glamorous ones, I can’t see Charles completely shutting her out. As for Camilla, I’m sure she can manage polite interaction with them fine when she has to during the official occasions or family events, but she seems to be bowing out of those quite frequently, so I would guess no particularly warm feelings on both sides? Is it true that she canceled her participation in the joint event with Harry and Meghan because in the absence of Charles they would outrank her and she’d have to curtsey to them both?

by Anonymousreply 296November 10, 2019 3:52 AM

[QUOTE] it true that she canceled her participation in the joint event with Harry and Meghan because in the absence of Charles they would outrank her and she’d have to curtsey to them both?

You are nuts. They only have to curtsey to TQ and not always to her.

by Anonymousreply 297November 10, 2019 3:55 AM

r297 the curtseying conventions are really on paper only. In reality only TQ and Philip are bowed/curtseyed to, in private or public.

r296: Charles I'm certain will keep Anne around when he is King, for sharing workload (the woman is a workhorse) and her advice and support. He trusts her. Andrew is a whole different story. Look for him to be totally backburnered when his mother dies. Possibly even removed as Counsellor of State. Charles will have nothing to do with him.

Camilla hasn't been feeling well lately and doesn't have great robust health imo. That has more to do with her cancellations than any personal or social reasons. She used to smoke like a chimney and I imagine that has caught up with her.

by Anonymousreply 298November 10, 2019 4:01 AM

R298, that I could believe, but didn’t she attend some other event instead when she was sitting out Eugenie’s wedding? And weren’t there some other occasions like that when she chose public engagements over family events?

by Anonymousreply 299November 10, 2019 4:06 AM

Camilla's approval rating has always been down in the low 20s so she won't be a popular queen. She might even die before Charles takes the throne.

by Anonymousreply 300November 10, 2019 4:09 AM

And, R298, I’ll admit that I only know about curtseying what I learned on DL, but didn’t QEII specifically change the order of precedence so that the “blood princesses” would not have to curtsey to Camilla and Kate when they are not being accompanied by their husbands?

by Anonymousreply 301November 10, 2019 4:09 AM

Missing Eug's wedding was strange, but it was supposedly a previously scheduled engagement. She likes Bea and Eug, I don't think there's personal animus there (she isn't fond of their mother though, one would guess).

Camilla isn't in a position to "choose" what events she would attend. Charles would overrule any questionable choices there. Camilla is pretty dutiful and wouldn't do anything to rock the marital or royal boat, not at her age.

by Anonymousreply 302November 10, 2019 4:11 AM

R298 Not, only that but Anne is the Princess Royal, which she will remain until her death. It would be seen as bad form to try and sideline her especially given the fact that many years she performs more duties than almost anyone else.

R299 It is largely suspected that she didn't attend Eugenie's wedding because there is no love lost between her and Fergie, because Fergie was team Diana. And with it being Fergie's big return to a royal event, it would be best for her to not attend. She could have attended, no one would have stopped her, but it was thought it would easier for Fergie, to not have her there. The family was very concerned with how Fergie would handle her moment in the spotlight and wanted to make it as smooth as possible.

by Anonymousreply 303November 10, 2019 4:13 AM

R302 I have no doubts that Camilla has enough common sense and sense of duty to not do anything completely out of line (like flying to NYC to watch tennis instead of visiting her mother-in-law in her summer residence), but I think she would not have any trouble telling Charles that she would rather stay home and drink instead of flying overseas for some boring state visit.

by Anonymousreply 304November 10, 2019 4:16 AM

r301 yes she did, allegedly at the instigation of Anne and Princess Alexandra, both of whom didn't want to curtsy to Camilla after she married Charles. The order of precedence was changed to appease, and it applies in theory. But in practical actuality, no one is bobbing and curtseying to anyone in private. Only to TQ and Philip.

r304 Cam has a real fear of flying long distances, a real phobia. Is she gets out of long distance travel that's the reason, not because she wants to stay home and booze all day. Charles didn't allow Diana to do that, he wouldn't allow Camilla.

by Anonymousreply 305November 10, 2019 4:19 AM

These two aren't going to grow up to be lookers, are they?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306November 10, 2019 4:22 AM

The minute the current queen dies, Queen Camilla will insist Anne and Alexandra curtsy to her. In fact, don't be surprised if she makes them kowtow entirely to her--they'll have to prostrate themselves on the floor in front of her if they want any money from the crown ever again!

by Anonymousreply 307November 10, 2019 4:24 AM

Nope r307. If they curtsy to her, it's out of respect to the Crown, as they were strictly raised to have. Not to Camilla personally. Any bowing and curtsying is done to the person as a monarch (or their mate) and not to the person in a personal sense.

Their funding won't change an iota. Alexandra really doesn't receive must anymore anyways.

by Anonymousreply 308November 10, 2019 4:29 AM

Here's Part II of the documentary of Charles and the Duchy of Cornwall.

I'm a long-time subscriber on DL, from before the time the Sussexes entered our world. And I'm a polite person who doesn't go around hurling insults at other people. I don't understand all the vitriol, and I just read the posts upthread with all the racist accusations, and I don't understand what's being discussed. I've always done what our Webmaster has instructed, and FFed racist posts. I've just read that our last (quite long) thread was full of racism, and somehow, I must have missed it. And now, it's impossible to use it as a learning message.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309November 10, 2019 4:35 AM

You guys need to stop talking about how 'ugly' this woman is, and how 'nappy and coarse' her hair is compared to 'English Rose' Kate's. That's racism, and you do it on every thread.

You also say she has a plastic face constructed out of Botox and fillers, when she had her current face aged 18 (just a little plumper).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310November 10, 2019 4:40 AM

R310, Why don't you just fuck right off, and find a different website to haunt? I just did a search, and you're the only person who has mentioned 'nappy hair' here, you fuckwit.

by Anonymousreply 311November 10, 2019 4:44 AM

I rarely, if ever, hear a white person talking about a person's hair being nappy, Don Imus is the only one I can remember. Black people, however, often call out other black people for having nappy hair.

by Anonymousreply 312November 10, 2019 4:47 AM

I don’t recall reading any post stating MM’s hair is nappy. What I’ve read is that she looks sloppy, including her hair, and that often is accurate.

MM looked great at another event recently, wearing a purple dress that just skimmed the body, her hair loose around her face. I just don’t get how she goes from looking great to a total disaster in less than a month.

As for disappearing threads, perhaps it’s time to make F&F paid members only.

by Anonymousreply 313November 10, 2019 4:48 AM

Since Anne and Alexandra are royal by birth, wouldn't they only have to curtsey to Camilla in the presence of Charles?

by Anonymousreply 314November 10, 2019 4:49 AM

Yes r314, technically. And if Charles isn't present, Camilla would have to curtsy to them.

by Anonymousreply 315November 10, 2019 4:58 AM

r310 is the FCB troll (look it up). No one has used those terms to describe her hair here, not in this thread or elsewhere. LINK PLEASE. or shut the fuck up.

It's perfectly in line with DL standards to discuss her alleged plastic surgery, which she's obviously had, and its quality. GTFO if you can't handle it.

No real card-carrying DL denizen would ever call Kate an "English Rose" either. Gag gag gag.

by Anonymousreply 316November 10, 2019 5:03 AM

No, because being queen consort would mean she fully outranks them. They can only ever be HRH, but she will one day be HM--and that outranks HRH. They will have to curtsy to her everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 317November 10, 2019 5:04 AM

[quote]As for disappearing threads, perhaps it’s time to make F&F paid members only.

An excellent idea.

by Anonymousreply 318November 10, 2019 5:05 AM

r317 I was referring to order of precedence as it stands now in my post at r315, while QEII is alive and Camilla is still DoC.

You are of course correct about that, once Charles is King and Camilla is consort.

by Anonymousreply 319November 10, 2019 5:06 AM

Now that R310 has shown up, I'm going to repeat the request: is there another website where I can discuss British Royals? Because I expect that this thread won't last much longer. That asshole infects every thread about British Royals with their racism, and gets them all shut down.

by Anonymousreply 320November 10, 2019 5:27 AM

R320, since when did protesting about racism count as racism? Only in your diseased, putrefying mind.

In the last thread (which was deleted for racism) someone said M's hair had 'nappy edges' and another was hoping Pss Michael wears her 'blackamoor brooch'.

I can't see any evidence of plastic surgery on M. You trolls have yet to provide a convincing side by side showing it.

While you attempt to steady your palsied fingers enough to use the collage function on your iphone 4s, here's a reminder of our stunning Megs aged 18. Exactly the same face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321November 10, 2019 5:46 AM

R320, you could try opening a thread on Digital Spy, but your level of vitriol would probably result in a ban. The C word you're so fond of using is automatically asterisked out.

by Anonymousreply 322November 10, 2019 5:50 AM

Okay, I've just deleted my DL subscription.My fellow DL posters I'm sorry, but I'm sick of this.

by Anonymousreply 323November 10, 2019 6:09 AM

[QUOTE] Okay, I've just deleted my DL subscription.My fellow DL posters I'm sorry, but I'm sick of this.

Yasss!

"Work on my medicine, work on

Thus credulous fools are caught."

I doubt you, though. Have you cancelled your $1.50 a month direct debit in a fit of rage? What does deletion mean?

by Anonymousreply 324November 10, 2019 6:17 AM

NOBODY gives a flying fuck about Camilla. She is nothing but a revolting creature.

by Anonymousreply 325November 10, 2019 6:37 AM

There were absolutely NO racist posts in the last threads or any of them, that I can remember, and I've been here for all of them.

The only times the word "nappy" has EVER been used on these threads is by the lying Megstan itself, when it makes repeated false claims that there were other posters using that word. It only ever makes those claims about threads that have been deleted, knowing that no one can disprove it's lies.

by Anonymousreply 326November 10, 2019 6:52 AM

Cancel your subscriptions and tell the DL webmasters you did because of a single, obviously non-paying Meghan Markle fan lunatic being able to destroy every single thread dedicated to the BRF.

Only in case they start losing subscriptions the webmasters might take care of the problem. They won't do anything about the problem if you don't address the problem and tell them you will cancel the subscription if nothing is done about the troll problem.

Sad, but true.

by Anonymousreply 327November 10, 2019 9:48 AM

R327, the moderators' views of what a troll is will differ from yours. A poster expressing the opposite opinion from you is not a troll. Did you genuinely expect to be able to hate on and on and on without a single dissenting voice? On DL, of all places?

You also seem to expect everyone to express admiration for dowdy Kate, who has no discernible talent and dresses like a fifty five year old. Why would she appeal to gay men?

by Anonymousreply 328November 10, 2019 9:56 AM

The only people who mention racism are the MM fans. They are also the ones who say racist things in the hope that the thread will be deleted, just like they are the ones who said horrible things about Archie when he was a baby. Yes they are crazy fans who will do anything to shut these threads down including pretending to hate MM because of her colour. They pretend they are long term users here and use words like "Frau" "crotch fruit" and "welp troll' or pretend they are British and keep saying "Brits" and "Daily Fail" Yet all the long term users on here know these wankers are just uneducated losers who have no life except worshiping some average actress who married well. They like her because she is so very average and therefore somewhat aspirational for them.

also I don't usually buy into any conspiracy crap but these threads have seriously deteriorated since MM employed the services of Sunshine Sachs.

by Anonymousreply 329November 10, 2019 9:57 AM

[R328] zzz ...

Why don't you come up with something new for a change?

by Anonymousreply 330November 10, 2019 9:58 AM

[QUOTE] They are also the ones who say racist things in the hope that the thread will be deleted, just like they are the ones who said horrible things about Archie when he was a baby. Yes they are crazy fans who will do anything

Sorry, but Trolldar proves you a liar. I checked the other posts of the Downs poster and they were all hate posts, going back weeks. Same was true of those talking about her nappy edges/coarse hair/extensions/bronzer/wide ass/ built like Doria etc.

You sound like someone with learning difficulties when you twist and try to blame Meg's defenders for all the hate posts, when their authors can be so easily verified on here.

by Anonymousreply 331November 10, 2019 10:04 AM

R328 Honestly, is the the best you can do? you say the same shit over and over like some demented toddler

by Anonymousreply 332November 10, 2019 10:05 AM

R332, you are slow witted. Not quick or sharp enough for Datalounge. The mods will think it's hilarious that one of the BRF posters has flounced because other posters won't let her be racist in peace. They probably hope more of you will follow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333November 10, 2019 10:14 AM

One of my favourite moments of Camilla and William opening talking about MM and how awkward her and Harry were for trying to push in. I especially like William saying to them "not allowed" From 1:57 onwards, enjoy bitches

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334November 10, 2019 10:17 AM

*openly ^^

by Anonymousreply 335November 10, 2019 10:19 AM

You have to turn the volume up in the above video, but it is so worth it.

by Anonymousreply 336November 10, 2019 10:20 AM

They don't even say that. You guys really are tinhats, aren't you? It's no wonder you keep recommending Danja Zone.

by Anonymousreply 337November 10, 2019 10:33 AM

I don't understand how one person can get a thread closed. Does she threaten the site with a lawsuit? One can only FF a thread once, right?

by Anonymousreply 338November 10, 2019 10:39 AM

R337 yes they do, William says not allowed then him and Camilla whisper and William says Harry and MM are doing it for attention, meanwhile he is fully cock blocking both Harry and MM and the final bit it when Camilla whispers it's so "awkward". It's the best! Turn it up and listen or is it too much to hear the truth about how everyone in the RF can't stand her lol

Who or what on earth is Danja Zone and why are they mentioned on a Camilla thread?

by Anonymousreply 339November 10, 2019 10:47 AM

I'm sorry, R323. I don't blame you one bit. That last thread was utterly delightful. And we were sailing along beautifully. I don't understand how one person - or just a handful of people. - can get a popular thread shut down. Unless DL becomes a Markle Acolyte site and all negative discussion of her is banned in the rules, people are going to dislike her and voice their opinions. This is becoming like Kaiser at Celebitchy, who deletes any comments that don't please her and even bans posters who have the temerity to disagree with her. Interestingly, she's been outed as Chandra DasGupta, a woman who is either from India or of Indian descent living in Virginia. Some posters on other boards think the British history of colonialism in part explains some of her really weirdly focussed hatred targeted at Kate and her taking up for Meghan so blindly. That site has been losing posters hands over fist, and that's what's going to start happening on DL-at least when it comes to these popular threads. It's a pity. I love the history.

by Anonymousreply 340November 10, 2019 10:50 AM

It's intetesting to see the fangurl so insecure and unhappy, just like Markle. R u ok?

by Anonymousreply 341November 10, 2019 10:53 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342November 10, 2019 11:08 AM

R341 Thanks for asking

by Anonymousreply 343November 10, 2019 11:15 AM

Remember when this thread was about me?

by Anonymousreply 344November 10, 2019 11:16 AM

Yes., I do, darling at R344. I'm glad you're feeling better. You looked marvelous on the balcony. It was a cold morning, so I hope you're resting with a well-earned whiskey.

by Anonymousreply 345November 10, 2019 12:09 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346November 10, 2019 12:10 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347November 10, 2019 12:13 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348November 10, 2019 12:14 PM

I have to chime in with the posters despairing of this site and the Webmaster's continual deferring to this relentless Megstan troll; and I agree, why not make ww/ff buttons register/subscribe only? These are good, informative and fun threads and the only racism is in the addled head of the troll.

By the way, is there a reason that when I hit either one, both grey out but I don't see my vote counted?

by Anonymousreply 349November 10, 2019 1:40 PM

R349, both the WW and FF buttons grey out when you hit either one. I'm not sure why. I believe you can see your vote if you leave the thread and then return, but I'm not positive about that.

R310 becomes unhinged whenever Meghan is criticized, yet she attacks other posters and criticizes other royals and celebs, even little kids, with great abandon. It's puzzling that she hasn't been suspended or banned.

by Anonymousreply 350November 10, 2019 1:46 PM

I suspect that the Meghan troll is her PR at work. Again I question how one individual can get a thread closed. Who has that much power or influence?

by Anonymousreply 351November 10, 2019 1:57 PM

If it's her PR or lawyers, R351, they must be making money hand over fist. Attempting to squelch negative criticism is like playing whack-a-mole. It's a terrible strategy that will drain their finances.

by Anonymousreply 352November 10, 2019 2:07 PM

Here's the deal, mates: I'm going to create a thread praising Meghan. Of course our appreciation will be tongue in cheek.

by Anonymousreply 353November 10, 2019 2:12 PM

And here you are:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354November 10, 2019 2:19 PM

Interestingly, the Megstan troll's efforts may only be serving to increase ire at Meghan when interestis otherwise waning. Judging by the decreasing number of 'hits' and comments on both fan and foe sites, Harry and Meghan fatigue is setting in. The novelty has worn off and people's minds are made.

On topic, hopefully we see Camilla at the Christmas walk this year. George, too.

by Anonymousreply 355November 10, 2019 2:47 PM

Thank you R350, I hit ww for you (you had one vote) and left the thread, came back and can still see one vote and ww/ff greyed out. So, apparently I'm not allowed.

:(

by Anonymousreply 356November 10, 2019 3:07 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357November 10, 2019 3:16 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358November 10, 2019 3:17 PM

The Three Royal Top Femaleshave a discussion on the balcony.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359November 10, 2019 3:25 PM

I thought Meghan looked perfectly fine today (for a change), but it sort of broke my heart to see HM shed tears.

by Anonymousreply 360November 10, 2019 3:29 PM

Andrew, Harry and William lay wreaths.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361November 10, 2019 3:29 PM

Haggard Cammie in her pearls and poppies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362November 10, 2019 3:37 PM

Quite an intricate hair do on Kate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363November 10, 2019 3:38 PM

Kate wore a special "Codebreakers" poppy in honor of her paternal grandmother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364November 10, 2019 3:40 PM

She had her moments, she had some style

The best show in town was the crowd

Outside Buckingham Palace crying “Camilla Peron!”

But that’s all gone now

As soon as the smoke from the funeral clears

We’re all going to see how she had a Lady Diana murdered.

by Anonymousreply 365November 10, 2019 3:48 PM

I don't think the Queen was being emotional, more that she just has the watery eyes that can come with ageing or post cataract surgery. Often when she is out and about she wipes her eyes or she chooses to wear sunglasses which help reduce irritation in dry eye syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 366November 10, 2019 3:53 PM

R365 can't you please fuck off!

by Anonymousreply 367November 10, 2019 3:53 PM

Oh Cammie! That dress, those shoes! You can do better!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368November 10, 2019 4:36 PM

"Is everyone ok"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369November 10, 2019 4:38 PM

In the second picture above in R369, did Charles button his coat incorrectly? He's always impeccably dressed and tailored, so it just stood out to me. Maybe just a bad angle.

by Anonymousreply 370November 10, 2019 4:40 PM

R370 No, the buttons all line up correctly. The problem is that it is a three button suit and he only buttoned the middle button, and all those medals are pulling down that side of the jacket. He needed to button the top button for the coat to appear smooth.

by Anonymousreply 371November 10, 2019 4:45 PM

The last couple of years, Kate has nailed her look for Remembrance. Thank God those early, horrid curls are gone and replaced by an elegant updo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372November 10, 2019 4:52 PM

Ah 371, you are absolutely right. I missed the weight of the medals. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 373November 10, 2019 5:04 PM

r372, Her face has barely changed but yes those sausage curls look bad now. was that the fashion at the time?

by Anonymousreply 374November 10, 2019 5:12 PM

Well done to Camilla for turning up today and last night. Feeling crap with a chest infection is bad enough without having to look smart and meet people. I can go to work looking like a corpse with a hacking cough but nobody is critical about my appearance.

by Anonymousreply 375November 10, 2019 5:16 PM

She should be queen. When the Prince of Wales becomes king, she, as his wife, will be the queen consort by right. A couple of years ago, "Vanity Fair" did a piece on her that showed her to be a down-to-earth woman, who has a home where she lets her down (as it were), and where even Charles relaxes. There was also a rumor a few years ago that she may be sick due to a lifelong habit of smoking. Hope that isn't true.

by Anonymousreply 376November 10, 2019 5:54 PM

R354, Thank you so much. I've cackling away at that thread.

by Anonymousreply 377November 10, 2019 10:48 PM

Camilla will never become queen, the British people would never stand for it.

by Anonymousreply 378November 10, 2019 10:56 PM

R378, you're welcome. Don't forget to WW that thread.

by Anonymousreply 379November 10, 2019 10:59 PM

What happens after ceremonies like Remembrance, etc. Does the whole family gather at someone's house for lunch afterwards or do they all go out to eat somewhere and then fight over the check? Or do they not lay eyes on each other again until the next mandatory meeting of The Firm?

by Anonymousreply 380November 10, 2019 11:00 PM

R380. Some, but not all of them, go to IHOP for the Sunday blueberry special.

by Anonymousreply 381November 10, 2019 11:05 PM

Camilla will be Princess Consort just as she, Charles and the palace said. That's it. No queen for her.

by Anonymousreply 382November 10, 2019 11:06 PM

She'll be Queen. It's inevitable.

by Anonymousreply 383November 10, 2019 11:14 PM

[QUOTE] . Some, but not all of them, go to IHOP for the Sunday blueberry special.

Here's the loon pretending to be an insider again.

by Anonymousreply 384November 10, 2019 11:17 PM

[quote][R320], you could try opening a thread on Digital Spy, but your level of vitriol would probably result in a ban. The C word you're so fond of using is automatically asterisked out.

Whaaat? I'll have you know "cunt" is a long-protected word here on DL. For many, many years. It's use here - whether palatable or not to everyone - represents the freedom of this (still)-gay board.

The day it's banned on DL is the day it's no longer a gay board. And I say that as someone who doesn't necessarily use that word in my offline life.

Boy you can tell who the newbies are around here.

by Anonymousreply 385November 10, 2019 11:27 PM

r382 Camilla will probably be titled and crowned Queen Consort. Charles did state that she'd be called "Princess Consort" at the time of their wedding, but in the intervening years his people have clearly signaled that won't be the case.

If the public overwhelmingly rose up and protested calling her this when the time arrives, they might back down and re-consider. But I think they're counting on most to be unconcerned or apathetic by then. Get used to hearing "Queen Camilla" in a few years.

by Anonymousreply 386November 11, 2019 12:01 AM

For those who constantly question why the topic of the BRF has largely been banned, Muriel has said before that once a topic starts spilling into other threads or starts spamming the board it will be banned.

Of course, the people creating endless threads did not want to hear this, so now we are in the situation we are in.

by Anonymousreply 387November 11, 2019 1:15 AM

Well, if she did not ban/paywall the BRF threads then there would not be multiple threads, now, would there?

The multiple threads situation is one of Muriel's making and of Muriel's alone.

by Anonymousreply 388November 11, 2019 1:31 AM

I don't quite get the dynamic. It's an expected topic of conversation but of late it is being infiltrated and grey lined through sustained F&F assaults.

The problem doesn't seem to me to be the topic but an organized effort by outsiders to shut it down.

by Anonymousreply 389November 11, 2019 1:44 AM

R354's kind Markle thread is gone!

by Anonymousreply 390November 11, 2019 1:47 AM

Some people would much prefer to believe in a conspiracy theory than something that has been confirmed by the admin of the site.

by Anonymousreply 391November 11, 2019 1:47 AM

No.

by Anonymousreply 392November 11, 2019 2:03 AM

Point me to where it was confirmed, r390. Include a link, and cite the exact post number.

Because otherwise we're all going to think you're just another Megstan, telling baldfaced lies to hide how you're intentionally getting these threads shut down.

by Anonymousreply 393November 11, 2019 2:25 AM

^^r391 is the lying Megstan, not r390

by Anonymousreply 394November 11, 2019 2:26 AM

I thought Camilla looked quite nice this morning.

But I'm calling it now. Megs is pregs again.

by Anonymousreply 395November 11, 2019 2:32 AM

HRH King Henry IX

by Anonymousreply 396November 11, 2019 2:39 AM

[quote]Muriel has said before that once a topic starts spilling into other threads or starts spamming the board it will be banned.

R387. What does the following mean: "once a topic starts spilling into other threads" AND "starts spamming the board." Spilling into other threads? Spamming the board? Huh? What?

by Anonymousreply 397November 11, 2019 2:45 AM

It wouldn't shock me if she were already pregnant again, R395. She and Harry have moved at lightning speed so far. I think she'll want another child pretty soon in order to reduce the chances of Down's syndrome or other age-related complications.

by Anonymousreply 398November 11, 2019 3:44 AM

I LOVE how powerful the Spaz Troll is. You were such fools to antagonize him. He will now work systematically to ensure that all the anti Meghan threads are deleted or paywalled. I warned you guys, but you thought you knew best.

by Anonymousreply 399November 11, 2019 3:50 AM

And this is different exactly how, r399?

by Anonymousreply 400November 11, 2019 4:09 AM

r397 It's entirely made up. The Megstan wants to shut down all conversation of Megan, so along with derailing comments, racist comments, and mass ff's leading to deletions, it then chimes in to say "yuuuuu guise! You know we're not supposed to post, right?" in multiple, various ways.

Just another tactic to get all criticism of Meghan shut down. You see variations of it at r387 and also at r399.

by Anonymousreply 401November 11, 2019 4:36 AM

Posters like R399 are why we can't have nice things.

by Anonymousreply 402November 11, 2019 4:46 AM

Skippy, beloved of Kate stans, is fully convinced that MM and Archie have left the UK for the US permanently.

by Anonymousreply 403November 11, 2019 8:12 AM

Anyone who starts naming trolls ie the welp or spaz is a dumb Megastan.

by Anonymousreply 404November 11, 2019 8:17 AM

[quote]Some people would much prefer to believe in a conspiracy theory than something that has been confirmed by the admin of the site.

Please, pray tell, what has"the admin of the site" confirmed or elucidated at all. Muriel has never deigned to explain.

If you are in private conversations with the admin, well, then...

by Anonymousreply 405November 11, 2019 8:21 AM

Of course Camilla will be Queen, most British people really don't care much about what happened so long ago with Diana and Charles. In fact I'd say most people know that she was quite a troubled person. Only the crazed Diana fans are invested in thinking Camilla will never be Queen.

by Anonymousreply 406November 11, 2019 8:29 AM

Muriel states in the DL rules that trolls are 'anyone obsessed with a subject', which means the infantile, 'Megastan' fixated R404 and its ilk. Given that, of course these threads - which are set up with the sole purpose of 24/7 bitching about an irrelevant non lgbt individual - are being closed or deleted.

by Anonymousreply 407November 11, 2019 8:33 AM

Liz will outlive Camilla at this rate.

by Anonymousreply 408November 11, 2019 9:01 AM

She will be titled Queen Camilla, just as any other British wife of a King was given the title of Queen preceding her name. There will be no "Princess" or "Consort" nonsense about it.

And since she won't be the reigning monarch, her being "beloved by the masses" is quite irrelevant.

However, the future King Charles III, who will have been a long-time champion of environmental causes; of architecture that doesn't blight the landscape, particularly the London skyline; of physical fitness and sport; of "Buy British," especially supporting small farmers and producers; the father and grandfather of popular younger royals; and the oldest son and heir of the enormously loved and respected Elizabeth, who is yet remembered for being a Princess Royal who stayed in London during WW II;

WILL be beloved.

by Anonymousreply 409November 11, 2019 9:14 AM

R395, Might be why Meghan is not quite back to Catherine-slim.

by Anonymousreply 410November 11, 2019 9:17 AM

Are you seriously imagining that the BRF is not an appropriate topic for a gay gossip board, r407?

You are clearly - clearly - NOT gay. Not only that, but you clearly don't even know any gay men in real life.

You should get the fuck off this board, r407.

by Anonymousreply 411November 11, 2019 9:17 AM

[QUOTE] Are you seriously imagining that the BRF is not an appropriate topic for a gay gossip board, [R407]?

The only royal the gays liked was Diana because of her work with AIDs sufferers. Why would the others be of the slightest interest, especially the decrepit queen, and ugly Charles and his ugly sons, who do nothing for the community. Kate isn't flamboyant enough to be interesting, and neither is Meghan.

It's no coincidence that ALL the brf threads have the OP greyed out, after dozens of gay men have F and F-ed it. Fraus are fascinated by the royals, not gay men. The Kaiser stan in particular is ridiculously hysterical and frau like. On and on about Kaiser doing this and that. Obsession disguised as hatred.

by Anonymousreply 412November 11, 2019 9:51 AM

Poor thin-skinned Meghan. There are other multiple threads about other people or subjects that do not get shut down.

by Anonymousreply 413November 11, 2019 10:50 AM

R413, can you name one other person on here who gets over a hundred threads of vitriol, except Trump? I'll wait.

by Anonymousreply 414November 11, 2019 11:00 AM

Tatum O'Neal for one. As a celebrity she should be able to take it. She is not the first celebrity to get bad press.

by Anonymousreply 415November 11, 2019 11:08 AM

Have any of you asked to speak to the manager about your issues of mistreatment? Perhaps you can get Karen to represent you and your grievances. Surely the manager will listen to Karen

by Anonymousreply 416November 11, 2019 11:10 AM

OK, let's put an end to this once and for all.

[bold]Harry. Will. Never. Reign.[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 417November 11, 2019 11:11 AM

So if we start several thread on, say, Camilla, Kate, Charles etc, they will get deleted, too?

Or is it just that threads dedicated to a particular person* will get deleted?

Btw, the thread created by the Meg loon shaming Kate is still there. Just mentioning ...

*Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Sussex aka The Countess of Dumbarton aka Baroness Kilkeel

by Anonymousreply 418November 11, 2019 11:19 AM

[quote]the enormously loved and respected Elizabeth, who is yet remembered for being a Princess Royal who stayed in London during WW II;

Your memory is failing. She was never Princess Royal and she spent the war at Windsor or in Scotland.

by Anonymousreply 419November 11, 2019 11:19 AM

What I don't understand is the last BRF thread we had was mostly discussion of historical gossip. MM was hardly mentioned until one loony kept bringing her up, and then the thread got promptly deleted. I wish we could have a historical/vintage Royal gossip thread, where those of us interested in the old stories could chat without being harassed, paywalled, or deleted altogether.

by Anonymousreply 420November 11, 2019 11:28 AM

R420, that thread was great - until the Meg minion decided to destroy it. No idea why the webmaster is doing nothing about the Meg loon.

Perhaps the DL did get mail by SS - it sounded like a dumb conspiracy theory first, but given what we've been experiencing here, there might be a modicum of truth to it. :-/

by Anonymousreply 421November 11, 2019 11:35 AM

r420, That's exactly the point. Someone on that last thread even questioned if anyone was there, and I posted just to mention that I was busy reading all the articles and comments. I know that there are people who are much better informed than me, so I count on them to fill me in. To delete that thread was tragic.

by Anonymousreply 422November 11, 2019 11:37 AM

Move on already.

I tend to think Charles will do alright, too. I hope TQ has a few more years to see the mess of Brexit and Dumb Prince Harry through.

by Anonymousreply 423November 11, 2019 11:38 AM

It's hard to move on when every single time we get an interesting thread, it gets paywalled or deleted. I'd be happy to move on if we could have our discussions--many of which have NOTHING to do with MM--in peace. As it is, I'm getting fed up with DL and its kowtowing to loonies and paid PR.

by Anonymousreply 424November 11, 2019 11:41 AM

I don't mind threads getting paywalled. I do mind them getting deleted because of the machinations of some looney fanatics and PR shills though.

Which ultimately begs the question: Why am I supposed to pay for a site infested with looney fanatics and PR shills dictating certain topics to be verboten?

by Anonymousreply 425November 11, 2019 11:59 AM

Other members talk about being members for 20 or 25 years. I have no idea how they keep track of that. I know I've been a member since 2013, since that's when both of my parents died, and I needed to be able to talk to someone else, I talk on the BRF threads, because I at least know the subject. I'm a younger brother, with an older (straigh)t brother. So the family dynamics are very real to me. I thought DL was censorless, but apparently not. I mentioned on another thread that I had deleted my membership.

by Anonymousreply 426November 11, 2019 12:09 PM

"DL rewards the asshole trolls by shutting down threads they infect and censors the paying customers/content providers for responding? Sounds like a plan - to lose business."

R265 - This is exactly the reason I have not yet become a subscriber.

by Anonymousreply 427November 11, 2019 12:47 PM

Sounds like the field is becoming ripe for a new gay messageboard to enter.So long as they do everything DL used to do, I'll go there happily.

by Anonymousreply 428November 11, 2019 12:53 PM

"How arrogant of you to think a gay gossip site wanted to host your lectures on the Romanovs and other historical figures.:

R284 - I really enjoy reading lectures on the Romanovs and other historical figures. Pleas post away!

by Anonymousreply 429November 11, 2019 12:58 PM

I haven't subscribed for 3 reasons: 1, the attempt to force people to subscribe by paywalling interesting threads puts my back up. The threads are interesting BECAUSE of the posters, paid and unpaid, so people are being forced to pay for content they generate. 2, I've heard repeatedly of how glitchy the billing system is, with people getting charged multiple times for their subscriptions. 3, the way management has handled the BRF threads pisses me right off. The Meghan talk was confined to the Dangling Tendrils threads until those got deleted, after which the subject splintered and went into the other BRF threads, which up to that point were mostly either historical or at least vintage (the Diana and Fergie years) in their focus. The constant thread deletions and paywalls have only made matters worse. If management doesn't like the current state of affairs, it has only itself to blame.

by Anonymousreply 430November 11, 2019 1:00 PM

The SWC thread, full of nasty insults regarding the Cambridge kids and created by Meg looney fanatic, is still there. As is the one shaming Kate where the stupid OP referred to her as the Duchess of Cornwall (!!!).

Quelle surprise ...

by Anonymousreply 431November 11, 2019 1:27 PM

Meghan looks like she has pregnancy nose again.

by Anonymousreply 432November 11, 2019 1:31 PM

The cheapies didn't help. Because they wouldn't pay, they started those ridiculous make goods time and time again and that contributed to spamming the board.

So between getting what you pay for and Megantoinette's army of defenders, it is where it is. It's ridiculous a gossip board can't rip one of the most rippable figures of the moment.

But let the cheapies at least own their part in creating this mess. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 433November 11, 2019 1:32 PM

R331 - What is Trolldar?

by Anonymousreply 434November 11, 2019 1:47 PM

"Sophie seems committed to her Royal duties, and she usually gets non very high-profile or glamorous ones"

Princess Anne is just as committed as the Countess of Wessex to her Royal duties. Both ladies do numerous non very high-profile or non glamorous engagements. The Royal Family refers to the non-glamours non-high profile events as "Bread and Butter" engagements. The "Bread and Butter" engagements, such as handing out the awards at a high school science fair or ribbon cutting at the opening a new nursery school, are actually the most important engagements of the Royal family as they bring the Royals into the closest contact with UK tax paying public.

I have a friend who has a picture of her grandfather receiving a science fair award from the Queen Mother. This photograph, housed in a very expensive sterling silver frame, sits on top of the piano in the drawing room (whatever a drawing room is) and is one of the family's most prized historical family possessions.

by Anonymousreply 435November 11, 2019 1:57 PM

"Spamming the boards" is an unintelligent criticism. As someone said upthread, the content is entirely user created. If people feel like making separate threads for specific aspects of a larger subject, they are welcome to it. People can scroll by if it's not to their taste.

As for multiple BRF threads, that is a "problem" created by Muriel herself, and should be entirely pinned on her. Users are merely responding as expected to her shutting down the most popular threads in the board.

by Anonymousreply 436November 11, 2019 1:59 PM

Is Muriel shutting them down or does the system trigger it automatically with enough F&F?

by Anonymousreply 437November 11, 2019 2:18 PM

She's more than shutting them down - she's deleting them

by Anonymousreply 438November 11, 2019 2:27 PM

OK, must be the path of least resistance for her. Just get rid of it. Pavlov.

by Anonymousreply 439November 11, 2019 2:30 PM

But why, R438, I wonder? If you don't like a thread, as people have said over and over, you can scroll by it. I don't give a flying toss about theatre gossip, so I don't click on those threads. (I spent a shocking amount of time on the Tatum O'Neil ones, I'll admit, and Scrantaaastic had me charmed..) Muriel's continual deleting does make me tin-hat wonder if SS is threatening a lawsuit. But why? This is just a little ol' gay board. It's not like we're swaying public opinion here. Who cares what we think? For the most part, we're discussing vintage BRF shenanigans. I just don't get it. The threads are popular. They generate content and clicks. Even if you're not a paying subscriber, you're creating ad impressions for advertisers. Who cares if some people deride Kate as desiccated and Meghan as a narcissist. The entire point of this website is gossip and pointless bitchery.

by Anonymousreply 440November 11, 2019 2:49 PM

Move on whiners.

by Anonymousreply 441November 11, 2019 2:55 PM

"Muriel" explains about a once a decade as near as I can tell. Wouldn't count on much but it is curious.

by Anonymousreply 442November 11, 2019 2:57 PM

[quote] However, the future King Charles III,

He may not take the name Charles III. Years ago, several sources stated that he promised his grandmother he would be known as George VII to honour his grandfather.

Edward VII and George VI first names were Albert. Queen Victoria's first name was Alexandrina.

by Anonymousreply 443November 11, 2019 3:03 PM

I have heard it suggested he will stick with Charles because he's been Charles for seventy years (and counting.) The convention of a regnal name is muted given the amount of time that has passed.

by Anonymousreply 444November 11, 2019 3:04 PM

"pointless bitchery."

R440 - The pointless bitchery is also the reason I come here. You are NOT alone; I also really enjoy the Tatum and Ryan O'Neal threads and spend much too much time there but cannot help myself as I love old fashion Hollywood Gossip!

by Anonymousreply 445November 11, 2019 3:06 PM

Why (or rather, how or could) SS threaten a lawsuit, R440, when the DL is (as every online publisher says it is) simply a platform and not responsible for its poster's views?

I mean, wouldn't the blowback (along the lines of "Duchess's PR firm seeks to shut off all online criticism" when, inevitably, they're found out), expose their client to even to worse criticism and ridicule if indeed that's the case and they're threatening websites?

DL isn't like ABC where the Royals could conceivably threaten to cut off their access for, say, royal interviews.

by Anonymousreply 446November 11, 2019 4:26 PM

Agree, R446-I just don't get why Muriel keeps caving to Megstans. They're unhappy we don't universally love their idol. So fucking what? Most of us ignore them and only mentioned Meghan time to time. Why continue to shut down threads because one or a handful of people are upset? The last BRF thread that focused predominantly on the Romanov dynasty vis-a-vis the BRF is a prime example. It was humming along just fine until someone started in about how unfair we were too Meghan. We had barely mentioned her. Yet when that one poster started complaining, the thread was shut down. Why? Ugh, I'm off to help design Madonna's next persona. I don't think that thread will be closed anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 447November 11, 2019 6:17 PM

"until someone started in about how unfair we were too Meghan"

R447 - I agree with you as I was not and am not aware that the DataLounge is fair to anybody. Being fair is not a point of pointless bitchery.

by Anonymousreply 448November 11, 2019 6:23 PM

And of course I meant "to Meghan," R448, not "too." It's Monday. I'm crabby and typing too fast. (I got that one correct.)

by Anonymousreply 449November 11, 2019 6:31 PM

[quote] Edward VII and George VI first names were Albert. Queen Victoria's first name was Alexandrina.

Edward VII was always told by his mother he was supposed to reign as "King Albert Edward I," but he did not like being told what to do by his mother and equally did not like being compared to his father (who always found him wanting), so he reigned as Edward VII instead. Victoria would have been aghast (even though "Edward" was her father's name), but by that time she was dead.

George VI would have been happy to reign as "Albert I," but he was told by his ministers he should reign as George VI to emphasize continuity with his father, George V, after the abdication crisis to stress continuity with his father's reign.

I've never heard it satisfactorily explained, however, why Queen Victoria chose that regnal name when her family and her nanny always called her "Drina." It may be because she was named at the last second very impulsively--her mother gave her naming rights to thePrince Regent (Victoria's uncle), who announced at the baptismal font her name would be "Victoria Alexandrina": "Victoria" after her mother HRH Victoire, the Duchess of Kent, and "Alexandrina" after the Tsar of Russia, Alexander I, who was visiting the UK at that time. It may be that "Alexandrina" would have sounded too Russian as a regnal name, although at the time of her accession "Victoria" was every bit as odd a name as "Alexandrina" (she made "Victoria" eventually popular as a British name, however).

I doubt Charles will take "George VII" as his regnal name since his grandson will himself likely rule under that name, and also because everyone knows him as Charles, and he's in his seventies now.

by Anonymousreply 450November 11, 2019 6:43 PM

Does anyone have any real dirt on the relationship between Camilla, William & Harry?

by Anonymousreply 451November 11, 2019 7:02 PM

R451-I've read that William finally warmed to Camilla when she took Kate under her wing after William and Kate married. The exchange between William and Camilla during the Investiture Ceremony ("She only wants to be in the pictures; this is so awkward;""I know!") indicates a level of somewhat conspiratorial closeness. No clue on Cams and Harry.

by Anonymousreply 452November 11, 2019 7:47 PM

She seems pretty nice to me.

by Anonymousreply 453November 11, 2019 8:01 PM

Cams seems super. Had Diana lived, we long would have tired of her as the severely damaged intellectually limited person with BPD she was. I don't blame Charles for the break up of the marriage. Both were equally at fault. She wanted out of the wedding before hand. She should have walked.

by Anonymousreply 454November 11, 2019 9:13 PM

I do wonder what it's like to be Will and Harry, knowing your parents should never have been together, got married for the wrong reasons. If either of them had had a spine, you wouldn't exist.

by Anonymousreply 455November 11, 2019 9:25 PM

Lots of people were born because a condom broke or because Mom and Dad were too drunk to be careful or for some other ridiculously random reason. I think the real mindfuck in Harry and Will's case is that the whole world knows their Dad never loved their mother, and their mother had severe emotional issues and banged a hundred dudes before meeting her fate in Paris. That's what would give you anxiety.

by Anonymousreply 456November 11, 2019 9:34 PM

R456 Yes, but I think it's different being the product of a one night stand or a broken rubber, than being the product of two people who were placed together deliberately despite being obviously wrong for each other.

by Anonymousreply 457November 11, 2019 9:40 PM

The interesting thing is that there was a prince that was totally in love with Diana, but it wasn't Charles. It has been said that Prince Edward was completely in love with her and had been for most of his life. He was three years younger than her and they basically grew up together, with him worshiping her the entire time like a puppy. It isn't surprising that Sophie, especially when they got together greatly resembled Diana. I even read in one book, I can't remember which one, that Diana confided to Edward, at one point after the breakdown of her marriage, that she married the wrong brother.

by Anonymousreply 458November 11, 2019 9:48 PM

Chrissy Metz, R414!

by Anonymousreply 459November 12, 2019 1:12 AM

I'm glad that you fraus are finally recognising the power of the Spaz Troll/Sara Latham. All your future threads are doomed.

by Anonymousreply 460November 12, 2019 1:20 AM

[quote]The only royal the gays liked was Diana because of her work with AIDs sufferers.

Speak for only YOURSELF there. There have been multitudes of BRF threads here over the decades, I've participated in nearly all of them so I'd know. Royalty has always been a moderately popular topic here, depending on who is in the headlines.

Eldergays like myself would know that Queen Daisy of Denmark is a long-standing DL ICON. Bona fide. We've always discussed her and other Euro royals, not just the UK family.

This thread is still here as it the SWC show one. Still going at nearly 500 posts - no one's canned it. Imo - fwiw, and I've been here a long time - the web master is culling an over-proliferation of same-topic threads all going at once, what they might perceive possibly as 'spam'; I don't think they even go into them to look. I don't believe they're in the thrall of any few posters carping about perceived "abuse" of MM or any other celeb. This board has been always been a free-for-all of celebrity takedown.

So I wouldn't fret much about what happens. Just keep posting within reasonable guidelines. There will always be these threads here.

by Anonymousreply 461November 12, 2019 1:22 AM

Your attempts at humor are weak r460. There is no spaz or welp trolls. Non-existent. Now get back on topic.

by Anonymousreply 462November 12, 2019 1:23 AM

Oh and want to THANK from the bottom of my heart, the OP of the most brilliant thread from yesterday, the now-gassed DoS Appreciation thread. So brilliant. Was so overcome laughing thought I was going to spit my drink (was out with friends when I saw it). The funniest thread here in a long time.

r418 was that you? take a BOW. I salute you.

by Anonymousreply 463November 12, 2019 1:29 AM

The whole topic has been banned, so it's likely all the threads will get closed or deleted eventually unless Muriel is feeling particularly generous.

That's just how it works around here. Yes, there are another annoying troll filled topics, but there weren't 50 million of them running at one time.

by Anonymousreply 464November 12, 2019 1:43 AM

Link please r464. The topic has not been banned. I've posted in these threads every day for months. The wm is culling multiple posts on same subjects - she just did last night - but this one and another are still ongoing. Older threads, hundreds of them, aren't deleted and are in archive.

It's a clear message from DL to stay within existing threads until near completion, and not spam the board with new ones beforehand.

by Anonymousreply 465November 12, 2019 1:48 AM

'This thread is still here as it the SWC show one.'

The SWC one was started by ME, so I'm hardly going to ask Muriel to close it down, am I?

by Anonymousreply 466November 12, 2019 1:50 AM

^ Again, blame the cheap fools who wouldn't pony up $1.50 a month. They were called on it but prided themselves. A bit of a false economy, it turns out.

by Anonymousreply 467November 12, 2019 1:52 AM

Jaysus - I just saw the SWC threads.

Those people are batshit crazy!

by Anonymousreply 468November 12, 2019 2:09 AM

who are you r466? can you reference a post no one can tell who you are but you.

by Anonymousreply 469November 12, 2019 2:16 AM

'It's a clear message from DL to stay within existing threads until near completion, and not spam the board with new ones beforehand.

NOBODY spams the board with extra threads until the one they're posting on has been paywalled, bitch - why is that so hard for you to understand|?

You're a subscriber so you don't even know when the paywall comes down, do you? 90% of the people on the brf threads aren't subscribers so they can't post on them once the paywall comes down, SO THEY START NEW THREADS?

What is so fucking hard for you to understand about that?

by Anonymousreply 470November 12, 2019 2:17 AM

R469, that poster is the enemy of our threads, the dreaded Spaz Troll.

by Anonymousreply 471November 12, 2019 2:19 AM

This is the theme song of the doomed brf threads.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472November 12, 2019 2:21 AM

I can't wait for the "Camilla is Queen Consort" thread!

by Anonymousreply 473November 12, 2019 2:32 AM

Turnabout is fair play. F&F this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474November 12, 2019 2:42 AM

That thread is unnecessary and will get deleted r474. That's a perfect example.

Plus it's got a certain name in the title that's a big red flag.

by Anonymousreply 475November 12, 2019 2:45 AM

Fuckwit at r470: I am not a subscriber. And this thread we're on certainly isn't paywalled, It nears 500 posts.

And yet, another fuckwit just went and started a new MM thread. With a glaring headline (that practically screams, "delete me").

Which will get deleted, and potentially send Murs on a hunt for other similar threads to punch out. See how that works?

by Anonymousreply 476November 12, 2019 2:49 AM

R474, that's not my thread. Check Trolldar if you don't believe me, Fuglicia.

by Anonymousreply 477November 12, 2019 2:55 AM

[quote]It's a clear message from DL to stay within existing threads until near completion, and not spam the board with new ones beforehand.

No shit Sherlock - that's what I said. As for a link, find the AMAs yourself. Muriel has clearly said several times before why she bans topics.

by Anonymousreply 478November 12, 2019 3:05 AM

Where does Muriel speak out?

by Anonymousreply 479November 12, 2019 5:04 AM

R464, yeah, that was me. You're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 480November 12, 2019 6:21 AM

Wait a minute, R458-Edward was in love (or minimally had a crush) on Diana? She said she married the wrong brother? Mind blown! This is the first time I'm hearing this! Interesting, I saw a photo of Edward seated behind William at the Remembrance Day Event, and I thought how much William resembled his uncle. It was the first time I had seen the likeness.

by Anonymousreply 481November 12, 2019 10:35 AM

I thought Diana had the hots for Andrew not Edward

by Anonymousreply 482November 12, 2019 1:17 PM

We ALL had the hots for Andrew. Pre Perv he was hawt.

by Anonymousreply 483November 12, 2019 1:20 PM

Will the cheapies not defend themselves?

by Anonymousreply 484November 12, 2019 3:55 PM

No one liked Charles. Andrew was hot, and Edward looked like an A&F model when he was younger.

by Anonymousreply 485November 12, 2019 4:38 PM

Edward was never attracted to Diana. He just wanted to wear her clothes.

by Anonymousreply 486November 12, 2019 4:43 PM

Charles was also good friends with King Juan Carlos of Spain, until he took Diana to Spain for a holiday and the King tried to put his hooks into Diana. I don’t think they have any relationship now, although Charles is friendly with Queen Sofia.

by Anonymousreply 487November 12, 2019 8:45 PM

Actually Prince Edward was quite wary of Princess Diana, he wasn't taken in by her glamour at all.

by Anonymousreply 488November 12, 2019 8:55 PM

Charles would have known for years in advance that Juan Carlos was a massive womanizer who put his hooks to anything in a skirt that walked by, esp if it was young, blonde and upper class. He would not have been shocked by JC making any moves on Diana, I doubt he cared very much at that point as the marriage was very rocky.

by Anonymousreply 489November 12, 2019 9:44 PM

Prince Edward would have been 16 when Diana met Charles so I doubt she considered him eligible.

by Anonymousreply 490November 12, 2019 10:17 PM

Diana was hardly glamorous when she was younger

by Anonymousreply 491November 13, 2019 1:30 AM

No surprises here ....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492November 13, 2019 2:21 AM

R491. Say what you will. Diana had IT. She always had IT. And that's why the entire world was fascinated by her.

by Anonymousreply 493November 13, 2019 2:49 AM

5 Nov / Wills & Kate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494November 13, 2019 3:32 AM

[quoe]Actually Prince Edward was quite wary of Princess Diana, he wasn't taken in by her glamour at all.

Diana wasn't "glamorous" until a few years into her marriage. Why would he be "taken" by the hysterical wife of his much older brother? Was it an anti-"Dockyard Doris" PR attempt?

by Anonymousreply 495November 13, 2019 4:48 AM

Aw, Will looks cute in glasses.

by Anonymousreply 496November 13, 2019 5:45 AM

R496 and more hair. Minoxidil? The spray-on stuff?

by Anonymousreply 497November 13, 2019 12:05 PM

Will should wear glasses and grow a bit of a beard.

by Anonymousreply 498November 13, 2019 2:10 PM

My guess, r497, is post-photo touch-up.

by Anonymousreply 499November 13, 2019 2:55 PM

He looks hot with glasses.

Here's a thread which might come in handy in case this thread is getting paywalled or shut down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500November 13, 2019 3:06 PM

Could the Queen kill her?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501November 13, 2019 3:11 PM

It is EXACTLY that kind of paywall avoidance strategy that is SPAMMING THE BOARD.

Fuck you, you imbecile. Let a thread play out, however that may be, and then try again.

Do you miss stop signs too?

by Anonymousreply 502November 13, 2019 3:35 PM

This SWC thread is still up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503November 13, 2019 3:37 PM

Fuck off, R502.

by Anonymousreply 504November 13, 2019 3:40 PM

Figures R504 created the spin off. Asshole. Play the game.

by Anonymousreply 505November 13, 2019 3:48 PM

Fuck off R502 / R505.

by Anonymousreply 506November 13, 2019 3:49 PM

Oh my goodness, R502. Why do you deign to abuse your fellow Datalounger who has been around here since '02 (sorry I missed the tower threads)

I do not think you are worthy

by Anonymousreply 507November 13, 2019 3:49 PM

Your daily dose of secondhand embarrassment. I don't like her, but geez, this is awkward.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508November 13, 2019 3:57 PM

Speaking of Camilla, The Crown returns this weekend!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509November 13, 2019 4:08 PM

[quote]It is EXACTLY that kind of paywall avoidance strategy that is SPAMMING THE BOARD. Fuck you, you imbecile. Let a thread play out, however that may be, and then try again. Do you miss stop signs too?

You seem like a rather unnerved and really unwell person with little mooring and a lot of hate to spread. As we say in America "you do not seem nice."

But that is OK if it keeps you together. If you must know, I am the person who started the S-Mounntbatten-Windsor-C threads, the one that was abruptly brought to an end and the other after three posts about a's continental excursion that nearly ended in catastrophe.

So I must either be worshipped or considered a cunt by you and yours. Either way, you are who you are...

by Anonymousreply 510November 13, 2019 4:09 PM

A still of Charles and Camilla from the latest season of The Crown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511November 13, 2019 4:16 PM

r510 etc - many thanks for starting those threads. Those were the threads with the excellent Romanov discussions last week. Very good, shameful re the deletion.

I would give a more gentle reminder that it's probably best to wait until a thread is actually paywalled or deleted, and then start a new thread, rather than try to guess when the WM might strike and get ahead of her. I know one good reason you and others create new ones early, is to be able to post a directive link so others can follow to it, while a thread is still active.

However the multiple related threads on royal topics are attracting Murs's attention and (imo) ire, and she is responding in kind with deletions and closures. I know it's a vicious cycle, but it may be the better strategy to wait to being a new post. I leave you to your better judgment though on that.

by Anonymousreply 512November 13, 2019 4:20 PM

R512, reason won't go down any better, but admirable try.

by Anonymousreply 513November 13, 2019 4:23 PM

R512 I don't think that's true or else all multiple threads would be deleted. It's only specific threads about specific people that are pay-walled and/or deleted.

by Anonymousreply 514November 13, 2019 4:24 PM

[quote]I would give a more gentle reminder that it's probably best to wait until a thread is actually paywalled or deleted, and then start a new thread, rather than try to guess when the WM might strike and get ahead of her.

Why do you think I did not do this? I started a new thread with a new title once the former was "paywalled" and unavailable. After my thread was deleted entirely, I started "Parte Cuatro" over 24 hours later.

I am so sorry my attempts are inadequate or too lame for your approval or acceptance.

Could you improve on my miserable attempts and resurrect? I'm too far an inadequate figure to do so.

by Anonymousreply 515November 13, 2019 4:34 PM

Kate’s hair looks amazing in R494’s pic

by Anonymousreply 516November 13, 2019 5:37 PM

Charles with Katy Perry in Mumbai.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 517November 13, 2019 5:42 PM

I think that picture is from a previous year at R494.

by Anonymousreply 518November 13, 2019 5:44 PM

Swipe for the life of Katharine, Duchess of Kent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519November 13, 2019 5:44 PM

[quote]Charles with Katy Perry in Mumbai.

Does Camilla know?

And who designed that dress? Maria von Trapp's curtains?

by Anonymousreply 520November 13, 2019 5:48 PM

Please see r-243 at this (now recently paywalled) sister thread for a succinct analysis of today's news.

I want to respond to this poster that Hilary Clinton I believe has ties to Sunshine Sachs. That would explain a alot. I also am ready to believe that all is def not well in the Sussex household, for this kind of brush-off to occur. And indeed, that Harry is blaming his family for his unhappy domicile. When it's all been mostly his fault from the beginning.

Alternate explanation: DoS is newly pregnant again, and genuinely isn't feeling up to the big formal gathering. She also may not want to be photographed for the Xmas church walk if she'll be showing by then...I realize it goes against the expected grain, but I can see her keeping a 2nd pregnancy under wraps for as long as possible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521November 13, 2019 6:24 PM

r515 I was referring to the the creator of the Prince William glasses new thread linked at r500. The thread we're on here is still active and has 80 more posts to go. We'll be moving over there soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 522November 13, 2019 6:32 PM

I hope we get a Damehood for Katy Perry and Rhianna who both do good work , before we get honours for the sussex sycophants. I think Amal has made her pitch now though and has moved her tongue to Charlies arse.

by Anonymousreply 523November 13, 2019 6:55 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524November 13, 2019 7:56 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525November 13, 2019 8:22 PM

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry will spend the holidays with Markle's mother

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526November 13, 2019 8:29 PM

R526. Great!! Me-again and Dimwit are massive royal pains in the arses. No one wants to see them anyway.

by Anonymousreply 527November 13, 2019 8:31 PM

Maybe this will open Harry's eyes to what his married life will really be like. Two years and look what's happened.

by Anonymousreply 528November 13, 2019 8:36 PM

R528. Explain further, please. I don't think Harry minds the past two years. I guess he may have thought he and Me-again would have been accepted more readily, but he wants to be the rebel and be on the outs. He also wants the money to maintain his pampered lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 529November 13, 2019 8:42 PM

So if he does the one, R529, will the BRF do the other?

One wonders.

by Anonymousreply 530November 13, 2019 9:12 PM

I just think Christmas in California, or wherever they come to rest, will be very, very different from anything he's every known. Sort of Dukedom of Windsor, with training wheels. A look at his future. As to the second part, he barely married her two years ago. Who would have expected this as a consequence of Prince Harry marrying anybody. It's quite a path they're following.

by Anonymousreply 531November 13, 2019 9:46 PM

R531. I am originally from New England, although I have lived in Southern California for many years. On the few times that I have spent in Christmas in California and not gone home, Christmas in California is a boring non-day. It's nice not to be traveling during the holidays, but Christmas is just blah in California.

by Anonymousreply 532November 13, 2019 9:55 PM

And the Boxing Day shoot has nothing to do with pheasants.

by Anonymousreply 533November 13, 2019 10:48 PM

Since 2011, K and W have spent three Christmases in St Barthes with Kate's family, but do we see them being dragged backwards over burning coals? Nope. Harry has actually been a lot more dutiful. The only Christmas he missed with the Queen was when he was in Afghanistan, in 2012.

by Anonymousreply 534November 14, 2019 2:19 AM

That's a lie. They've never spent Christmas outside the country. And the Middletons only go to Mustique. Up your game, troll.

by Anonymousreply 535November 14, 2019 2:23 AM

Bullshit r534. Name the actual years they were there with the Middletons for Christmas. Oh that's right - they weren't. With exception of one year, they've spent every of the married Christmases at Sandringham.

The Middletons went to St. Barts last year for New Years, but W&K stayed behind in the UK with the BRF. You know, where they are expected to be.

by Anonymousreply 536November 14, 2019 2:25 AM

It was in the Daily Mail article, the same one you trolls are laughing about. Three Christmases without TQ already. Where they spent it we don't know but it was more than likely in St Barthes as they spend a fortune every year on tropical vacations.

by Anonymousreply 537November 14, 2019 2:27 AM

LINK PLEASE troll at r537.

They have spent one Christmas in Bucklebury with the Mids. They were photographed going to church there on Christmas day - NOT in St Barts.

And they turned around next day and spent Boxing Day with the BRF. So in essence, split their holiday.

by Anonymousreply 538November 14, 2019 2:31 AM

Meg and Harry are going to spend Christmas and New Year in the Maldives with Archie, far away from the fugly old queen and her threadbare traditions.

by Anonymousreply 539November 14, 2019 2:40 AM

Block the troll and see how much disappears.

by Anonymousreply 540November 14, 2019 2:42 AM

It's hilarious to see you fraus repeatedly engaging with the pro Markle posters, even though you know from bitter experience that your frenzied shrieks of CUNT and TROLL end with your threads either paywalled or deleted.

by Anonymousreply 541November 14, 2019 3:02 AM

Kate has to be one of the oldest looking 37 year olds around.

by Anonymousreply 542November 14, 2019 3:11 AM

Harry Styles flirting with Kate Middleton.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543November 14, 2019 3:52 AM

Old looking or not, Kate looks positively regal in whatever she wears. She doesn't look like a barrel.

by Anonymousreply 544November 14, 2019 3:55 AM

Kate's face looks like an old sock that has been darned too often. A bit trans too, so tall and thin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545November 14, 2019 3:56 AM

TRANS MIDDLETON AND THE DUKE OF FUG

by Anonymousreply 546November 14, 2019 3:59 AM

And as Meg tries to make her way

To an ordinary world

Somehow these threads will survive

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547November 14, 2019 4:01 AM

Why is Camilla called rottweiler?

by Anonymousreply 548November 14, 2019 4:03 AM

R 511, they did a great job casting young Camilla. Quite big tits.

I’m not feeling Charles, though.

by Anonymousreply 549November 14, 2019 4:06 AM

I meant R511, bah.

by Anonymousreply 550November 14, 2019 4:07 AM

Kind of funny that the SWC Part Trois thread is now open only to subscribers at a mere 250 posts.

by Anonymousreply 551November 14, 2019 6:07 AM

AFAIK this particular thread got created by the Meghan moron. It has got greyed out as well by now.

What goes around, comes around ...

by Anonymousreply 552November 14, 2019 6:11 AM

Actually, R552, a better question is why this thread started by the Meghan moron who destabilizes every thread it visits is still here, not just grayed out. Other threads started by legitimate folks (or those trying to be snarky or ironic) get clocked out nearly immediately, closed or disappear altogether.

Muriel's past explanations, whenever it deigned to respond, simply do no hold any water. I'm starting to wonder if the "Meghan moron" is actually the webbie itself just being a cunt for the sake of being true to its spirit.

by Anonymousreply 553November 14, 2019 6:21 AM

I didn't start this thread, bitches. I started Part Trois which got paywalled.

by Anonymousreply 554November 14, 2019 6:49 AM

R553, there was a time before the boybander/MeAgain troll on this board. And remember, he does not work in isolation, he has colleagues here.

People mag is called kneepads b/c of thier thrist to print PR as Gospel, for erm, reasons. Perhaps they are not the only ones? SS clearly has a lot of clout here, stands to reason there is a motive we are unaware of, but we can all see the effects. MeMe is just an example, none of this is about Markel or her brand, really. When they overplay their hand the credibility of any of it goes out the window.

If this was a film, she would be a plan to bring down the monarchy. IRL she may just destroy Dim. Ungrateful sod that he is.

by Anonymousreply 555November 14, 2019 12:29 PM

Meghan loves expensive beach vacations. She and Harry will likely spend Christmas or some other part of their me-time "recharging their batteries" in the tropics. They have a celebrity friend or two with luxury beachfront homes on secluded islands. Oprah, Clooneys, Elton, Ellen.... Undoubtedly, private jets (with carbon offsets, of course) are also on offer for the struggling couple. We probably won't find out where they vacation because they're keeping their plans secret for "security reasons". Just like their honeymoon destination remains a well-kept secret.

by Anonymousreply 556November 14, 2019 1:26 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557November 14, 2019 1:31 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558November 14, 2019 1:33 PM

Princess Alexandra of Kent's granddaughter, Flora Ogilvy, is engaged to marry a tall Swede with a very long neck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559November 14, 2019 1:36 PM

Prince William met Rita Ora last night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560November 14, 2019 1:38 PM

Princess Anne's first wedding took place on this day in 1973.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561November 14, 2019 1:40 PM

As red as the plaid on his kilt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562November 14, 2019 1:47 PM

Happy Birthday, Prince Charles!

by Anonymousreply 563November 14, 2019 2:42 PM

When not wishing for world peace, impeachment and a cure for disease, I often wish Prince Charles would do just a slightly better job of getting his hair cut. Too many flyaway wisps. There, I said it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 564November 14, 2019 2:51 PM

I wonder if HM and Charles travel with a doctor... I know Charles travels with his bedroom furniture, paintings, food, etc. Seems like a doctor would be more important to have on hand.

by Anonymousreply 565November 14, 2019 2:59 PM

The Palace is not going to publicize if Charles travels with a doctor, (though he almost certainly does). His health enough of a question mark without drawing further attention to it.

I still think there is a better-than-average chance that HM will outlive Charles, leaving William very much the next in line. It could also explain Harry and Meghan's frantic attempts to find another role/income stream for themselves, as you know William isn't going to give them shit after all of the recent shenanigans.

by Anonymousreply 566November 14, 2019 3:15 PM

I know he often photographs super swollen... the latest feet pictures were pretty shocking... but that's basically circulatory or cardiovascular, isn't it? Prince Philip's father died of arteriosclerosis and heart failure (at 62.) No doubt medication and treatment is far superior today... but maybe that's it.

by Anonymousreply 567November 14, 2019 3:23 PM

R556-It definitely would not be surprising if he keeled over from a massive stroke in the next few years. HMTQ may well outlive him. Or he may only wear the crown one or two years. That would be a sad sobriquet=Charles, the One-Year King. If William become king in his early forties, the UK may see a monarch who lasts 40-50 years. It's weird to e that I won't live to see George as king. Ah, life.

by Anonymousreply 568November 14, 2019 3:27 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569November 14, 2019 8:05 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570November 14, 2019 8:05 PM

Harry needs to be praying to whatever deity his wife has told him he is permitted to pray to that his father does not pre-decease his grandmother. If Chuck goes first, William will see to it that the Duke and Duchess of DoAsWePlease will be up shit creek without a paddle.

by Anonymousreply 571November 14, 2019 8:26 PM

r559 And we all know what that means . . .

by Anonymousreply 572November 14, 2019 8:31 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573November 14, 2019 8:37 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574November 14, 2019 8:38 PM

R574 - HM never looked at another man after she set eyes on Philip at the tender age of thirteen. To suggest anything else is, well, treasonous.

by Anonymousreply 575November 14, 2019 8:40 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576November 14, 2019 8:41 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577November 14, 2019 8:42 PM

If Chuck goes, I don't see HM lasting long. No matter the issues between them, he's her son and she's over 90. Was anyone surprised when the Queen Mum died a month after Margaret?

by Anonymousreply 578November 14, 2019 8:43 PM

R574 - speaking of "The Crown", what do we know of the slily sexy Tobias Menzies, who was so deliciously evil in "Outlander" as Captain Jack Randall, who obligingly masturbated onscreen for us, to no avail, as he attempted to ravish Jamies' sister? And didn't he play a traitorous high-level MI6 officer in the earlier Craig Bonds? He's not handsome, but he is . . . interesting.

by Anonymousreply 579November 14, 2019 8:44 PM

Sophie Wessex at a Women In Finance event.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580November 14, 2019 8:46 PM

R576 - Good lord, Bea looks like she's dropped two stone. She has to stop: the effect of those eyes in her diminishing face is not good. Have we had a wedding date and venue announced yet?

Now what are the odds of the Sussexes showing up?

by Anonymousreply 581November 14, 2019 8:46 PM

The Wessexes seem low key and low maintenance.

by Anonymousreply 582November 14, 2019 8:49 PM

R578 - Indeed. Hence my reference to Tennyson's phraseology about lights and thrones for the Cambridges, and the Sussexes realising the game is up.

Sometimes I wonder if they even told her that Margaret had preceded her.

by Anonymousreply 583November 14, 2019 8:50 PM

Prince Louis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584November 14, 2019 8:50 PM

Charles enjoys his grandchildren.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585November 14, 2019 8:55 PM

He seems very happy with his grandkids and Camilla's

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586November 14, 2019 9:17 PM

Sweet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587November 14, 2019 9:20 PM

I don't think the Sussexes anticipated the torrent of negative backlash their little Christmas announcement garnered. Their PR has been all over the place and simply incoherent. They can trot out the Cambridges spent two Christmases with the Middletons all they like, but that was early on, and the Cambs were then able to drive on over to Sandringham and spend Boxing Day with the BRF. In recent years, I'm sure due to HMTQ and PP's advancing ages, they've been wisely spending their Christmas where it counts. The Sussexes had no clue people would be disgusted with blowing off a beloved aging monarch for LA. If this is PP's last Christmas, they'll never live it down. You'd think they would have learned from ghosting Pa Markle, but no, not these two. They seem incapable of putting duty above their petulant, misplaced vainglory. I love that the Cambs just quietly go about doing their duty. They are unbothered and seem so utterly regal in comparison. If Charles does pop off soon (which would be tragic, IMO, the Prince Who Waited), we'll see fireworks. What a riveting soap opera this is. Thanks, Rachel. You know how to bring the entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 588November 14, 2019 9:27 PM

Exactly. Kate's parents are a few hours from Sandringham. Bill and Cathy split the holidays. If they ignored Sandringham entirely for the Middletons, they'd get blowback.

Harry and Meg love bad PR. It's the only explanation.

by Anonymousreply 589November 14, 2019 9:31 PM

R584 -I say, Louis is going to break hearts someday!

by Anonymousreply 590November 14, 2019 10:34 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591November 14, 2019 11:01 PM

From the Dickie Arbiter article at R569:

[quote] He added: 'I think the Queen is letting [Harry] get on with it, she's very pragmatic and certainly understand that Harry's got mental health issues and they need to sort it out.

by Anonymousreply 592November 14, 2019 11:05 PM

More from the article at R569. Something seems so off here.

[quote] Her Majesty has given her grandson her full support but intriguingly royals sources said the monarch was in the dark about his festive plans until he called her at Buckingham Palace yesterday to decline her open invite.

by Anonymousreply 593November 14, 2019 11:09 PM

r536, I think you mean "where the presumptive heirs William and George are supposed to be."

by Anonymousreply 594November 15, 2019 12:18 AM

I don't think William and George are presumptive heirs, are they? I thought you have to be vulnerable to losing your place in succession to be a presumptive heir: Elizabeth II was the heir presumptive to her father when he became crowned George VI because presumably he and his wife could have yet had a male baby, which would have meant Elizabeth was no longer the heir. But no one can be born to replace William after Charles, or George after William. They can never sink lower than #2 and #3 in the line of succession--they can only stay the same or rise higher.

by Anonymousreply 595November 15, 2019 12:23 AM

Harry married a Kardashian wannabe and it's getting to him.

by Anonymousreply 596November 15, 2019 12:23 AM

King Archie

by Anonymousreply 597November 15, 2019 12:24 AM

It's hard to believe anyone in the UK would care about what harry and Meghan do other than their fans, and they'll support them no matter what.

Harry and Meghan are just not in the picture anymore. They're no more interesting than the Gloucesters or the Kents, because Harry will never succeed to the throne.

by Anonymousreply 598November 15, 2019 12:30 AM

It's hard to believe anyone in the UK would care about what harry and Meghan do other than their fans, and they'll support them no matter what.

Harry and Meghan are just not in the picture anymore. They're no more interesting than the Gloucesters or the Kents, because Harry will never succeed to the throne.

by Anonymousreply 599November 15, 2019 12:30 AM

R597 wow you're smart! I'm guessing you don't get out of your basement much

by Anonymousreply 600November 15, 2019 12:31 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!