Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jensen Ackles is the new Batman!!!

Calm your tits DLers for he hasn't been "cast" as Batman. DL fave(?) Jensen Ackles (Yes, the dude from Supernatural) dressed up as Batman for Halloween and shared pictures on his social media account. Looks like Jensen has realized the "Power of Paycheck" .After famously turning down the role of Captain America long long ago, he realized what he had mi$$ed! So, he is BACK AT IT! Well, not quite. Since Marvel never forgives or forgets -Jensen thought trying his shot at DC was a better idea. I have a news for you Jensen - TOO LATE! R-Patz(Yes, the dude from Twilight) is R-Batz now. Poor Jensen. Some missed opportunities are just that - Mi$$ed opportunities.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23December 11, 2019 3:24 PM

OP here - read this in Gossip Girl's voice for best effects.

by Anonymousreply 1November 3, 2019 7:13 AM

Didn't he audition for Captain America, but got offered Hawkeye?

by Anonymousreply 2November 3, 2019 7:38 AM

R2 No, he got offered Captain America. However, back then MCU was not what it is today and his show Supernatural was going places - so he decided to continue with the show.

John Krasinski was offered Captain America too and his wife Emily was the first choice for Black widow. None of that worked out either.

by Anonymousreply 3November 3, 2019 7:44 AM

Source?

by Anonymousreply 4November 3, 2019 7:45 AM

R3 I honestly would have rather seen Krasinski as Captain America than Chris Evans. He’s easier to buy as a New Yorker from the 40’s. I do think it would’ve been weird to see his giant head CGI’d onto a tiny body, given how weird it looked with Chris, whose head is easily twice as small as John’s.

by Anonymousreply 5November 3, 2019 7:55 AM

R2 You were right. I just checked and apparently Chris Evans was their favourite after auditions but he didnt want to sign multiple movies ,so they offered it to Krasinski -who turned it down - and then Ackles.

Chris however came around after RDJ spoke to him - so they offered Jensen Hawkeye. He refused and went with playing Dean Winchester instead.

by Anonymousreply 6November 3, 2019 8:02 AM

R5 😂 John would have been great but I have really warmed up to Chris as Cap now! However, I would give anything to see Emily Blunt as Black Widow instead of that dipshit Scarlett Johansson.

by Anonymousreply 7November 3, 2019 8:04 AM

Not sure why this warranted a thread?? And your title is misleading since it was for Halloween.

by Anonymousreply 8November 3, 2019 10:29 AM

You are completely and totally full of shit, OP. The notion that Jensen Ackles, a D List actor from the CW, was offered Captain America is utterly ludicrous. Yes, he [italic]auditioned[/italic] but that's as far as it went, and he's even said so numerous times.

by Anonymousreply 9December 9, 2019 2:03 PM

alwyss heard in the biz that ackles is gay......GATMAN!

by Anonymousreply 10December 9, 2019 4:09 PM

He's a homophobic cunt whose family supports Trump.

by Anonymousreply 11December 9, 2019 4:14 PM

Congrats to this young man and his ankles

by Anonymousreply 12December 9, 2019 4:17 PM

He was not offered Captain America. He auditioned, was very close, but didn't get it.

However, he was offered Renner's role, but got pissy and turned it down, citing Supernatural's schedule.

by Anonymousreply 13December 9, 2019 4:58 PM

One side note, in later seasons of Supernatural, he put on a few pounds and got a bit soft looking.

He looks like he's gotten slimmer.

by Anonymousreply 14December 9, 2019 5:01 PM

He was not offered Renner's role, R13. He's stated that over and over. I attended the Supernatural Panel at Comic Con in San Diego years ago where he emphatically stated that he had not been offered ANY role, Renner's or otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 15December 9, 2019 5:02 PM

This guy is a terrible, just awful actor! I can't see him being offered anything in film. He's lucky to have worked at all. He doesn't do anything but purse his lips and try to serve blue steel to the camera. And that stupid fake deep voice! Awful awful awful.

by Anonymousreply 16December 9, 2019 5:27 PM

[Quote] He doesn't do anything but purse his lips and try to serve blue steel to the camera.

And he's pretty good at it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 10, 2019 12:30 PM

What a horrible face and mouth. Dude is super fug.

by Anonymousreply 18December 10, 2019 12:33 PM

Meh, he's not fug, R18, but that pic @R17 is at least 13 years old. The others are right about him being insufferable and a really bad actor. Can't see him getting any real film roles.

by Anonymousreply 19December 10, 2019 1:37 PM

[Quote] Can't see him getting any real film roles.

The only one I remember is My Bloody Valentine.

by Anonymousreply 20December 10, 2019 2:09 PM

r16 nailed it. Thread closed.

by Anonymousreply 21December 10, 2019 3:43 PM

think jared is the gay one maybe...alwys pinged that to me

by Anonymousreply 22December 10, 2019 4:09 PM

R22 nah straights can keep him.

by Anonymousreply 23December 11, 2019 3:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!