Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Cruise Granpda: CHARGED

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184April 14, 2021 12:42 AM

Not remotely amusing. FF.

by Anonymousreply 1October 29, 2019 7:50 AM

If you find that offensive, I direct you to the original thread. Go wild with your FFs, r1!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 29, 2019 8:25 AM

We called it! We had him nailed as guilty from Day 1. Will be hard to prove though, cause kids are cunts

by Anonymousreply 3October 29, 2019 8:28 AM

And the cunt mother is still trying to say the cruise line is responsible, no the stupid ass grandfather is responsible.

by Anonymousreply 4October 29, 2019 8:45 AM

This is crazy.

by Anonymousreply 5October 29, 2019 8:49 AM

Why did he kill his grandbaby?

by Anonymousreply 6October 29, 2019 8:58 AM

^ Child cut into Poppas gambling time

by Anonymousreply 7October 29, 2019 9:01 AM

A grandfather dropped a baby out of an open window. The mother: "We don't blame him. It was obviously Royal Caribbean's fault. Now where is my settlement cheque?"

Some questions though: What evidence did they provide? Was he drunk? Was the grandfather still in Puerto Rico or did they arrest him back home in Indiana?

by Anonymousreply 8October 29, 2019 10:07 AM

I’m wondering if the cruise line secretly pressured the local authorities. They probably have a lot of pull, last thing the local economy needs is the cruise ship choosing a different port.

Unless grandpa was wasted, it seems like a stretch to charge him. But it definitely makes the family’s claims that the cruise line is responsible seem ridiculous. Even more ridiculous, that is.

by Anonymousreply 9October 29, 2019 10:13 AM

They charged him with negligent homicide, not murder. He held the baby up to an open window and the baby wriggleld free. There's video.

by Anonymousreply 10October 29, 2019 10:29 AM

He held the baby OUTSIDE the open window.

by Anonymousreply 11October 29, 2019 10:34 AM

[quote]And the cunt mother is still trying to say the cruise line is responsible, no the stupid ass grandfather is responsible.

She's still hoping for a big payday.

by Anonymousreply 12October 29, 2019 10:39 AM

It's a sad state of affairs. The police were obviously under pressure from the cruise company in order to avoid a huge payout. It's obvious the grandfather didn't mean any harm to his granddaughter, it could be argued that no eleven story high window should be open to the extent a child could fall out of it, but also he was pretty stupid to lift her up to the window.

by Anonymousreply 13October 29, 2019 10:44 AM

Even if he didn't MEAN to kill his baby, he can be charged and convicted of negligent homicide. Intention is besides the point. Compare to DWI. You don't MEAN to kill people by driving drunk, but you do. A reasonable person knows that holding a baby up to an open 11th story window can result in a dropped baby just like a reasonable person knows the dangers of driving drunk.

His claim is that he didn't know the window was open-- or at least it was when the baby dropping originally happened.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 29, 2019 10:56 AM

^People live, work or vacation in high-rise buildings all over the world. It is not the responsibility of every company to secure every damn window. This was also a cruise ship with lots of railings and open spaces. People need to take responsibility for their actions and not blame others. Don't dangle your baby out of an open window. Simple as that.

by Anonymousreply 15October 29, 2019 10:56 AM

I know he held that baby outside the window, they should show us the video.

by Anonymousreply 16October 29, 2019 1:22 PM

Children occasionally slip out of hand.

by Anonymousreply 17October 29, 2019 1:28 PM

Is he our new Chris Watts?

by Anonymousreply 18October 29, 2019 1:46 PM

R18 uh, no.

by Anonymousreply 19October 29, 2019 1:53 PM

That family should be ashamed of themselves for trying to sue the cruise line. If I were in charge, grandpa would have to make a PSA warning people of the dangers of being an absolute moron, and the mother would not be allowed to blame the cruise line.

It was an accident that was his fault. Case closed.

by Anonymousreply 20October 29, 2019 2:00 PM

That window was too high for a toddler to fall out of. She was picked up and held out of the window. I’m sure it was an accident. It was the old mans fault not the cruise line.

by Anonymousreply 21October 29, 2019 3:49 PM

Why do people take their babies on vacations?

by Anonymousreply 22October 29, 2019 3:55 PM

Because they hate other people and want them to suffer as much as they are.

by Anonymousreply 23October 29, 2019 3:58 PM

So are they going to extradite him to Puerto Rico? It seems like it's only a matter of time before Trump gets involved and blocks any attempt to try this guy.

by Anonymousreply 24October 30, 2019 12:05 AM

The theory that grandpa was drunk seems legit now. I think the cruise has tape of him drunk and were hoping to ignore it but the family threatening to sue probably caused the cruise lines legal team to take action against them.

If the grandpa wasn’t drunk, this might backfire on them.

Honestly the dad and mom seem like deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 25October 30, 2019 12:14 AM

[quote]I know he held that baby outside the window, they should show us the video.

It's probably withheld as evidence pending a criminal trial against gramps and or if the family decides to litigate to try and get a cash settlement.

by Anonymousreply 26October 30, 2019 11:41 AM

Good. They thought they'd get millions from the cruise line. Guess what bitches?? your gramps will be getting his share of cruising in prison.

by Anonymousreply 27October 30, 2019 11:45 AM

Not understanding how this family ever thought they had a case to sue the cruise line

by Anonymousreply 28October 30, 2019 12:58 PM

Lock him up!

by Anonymousreply 29October 30, 2019 5:26 PM

He thought he was invincible like Michael Jackson holding his baby off a balcony

by Anonymousreply 30October 30, 2019 7:16 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31November 26, 2019 5:27 AM

Throwing a baby against a glass window is considered not as bad.

by Anonymousreply 32November 26, 2019 5:31 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33December 11, 2019 9:26 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34December 17, 2019 3:59 PM

He chucked the brat overboard so they could sue the cruise line.

People are so desperate for a jackpot they'd walk in front of a bus.

by Anonymousreply 35December 17, 2019 4:19 PM

The poor tot's parents are sure living up to the phrase "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade". They are so eager to try and extract money from the cruise line that they are probably urging killer grampy to not take the deal.

by Anonymousreply 36December 17, 2019 6:38 PM

Deserves it. I'm a lawyer and I've been on that ship so I'm familiar with the layout. Those windows are well high enough that they are not accessible by children and you can't fall out (unless your idiot grandfather holds you up, of course). They tried to make it seem like the daycare center was where she fell but the Daycare center is on the same deck but on the rear of the ship.

RC has way more lawyer $$$ and you picked a fight you can't win instead of just saying "Grampa was a moron, we'll take a few bucks to go away."

by Anonymousreply 37December 17, 2019 6:48 PM

The video leaked. This program is in Spanish. It shows a couple of different angles. It looks like grandpa sticks his head out of the window before he picks up Chloe. DL won’t let me link to their FB post, but it’s under FB page for La Comay-MEGA TV and was posted yesterday at 7:20pm.

by Anonymousreply 38December 18, 2019 3:34 PM

Wow. It looks like he leaned way out and then picks her up and extends her outside of the window. But it is really hard to make out. Someone familiar with the ship could tell what’s happening, but I’m not sure what he does.

Why is it being narrated by someone in a big bird costume?

by Anonymousreply 39December 18, 2019 4:17 PM

Nonno must have had too much wine.

by Anonymousreply 40December 18, 2019 4:24 PM

R39. Wow. If true, can't believe the family was brazen enough to sue.

by Anonymousreply 41December 18, 2019 4:32 PM

I know this is not a popular opinion but charging people because they do something stupid to me is itself stupid. The purpose of charging someone with a crime should be as a deterrent to them or others to commit further crimes. Unless you think he threw the baby out the window on purpose. It was a stupid move on his part and unless he is psychotic I would imagine he will be the most careful person with children in the future. If any other parents even trust him around their children.

As far as a deterrent to others, few people view themselves as stupid but multitudes of people do stupid things all the time, myself included. It is only by chance that the stupid momentary lapse in judgement that we all do results in a tragedy.

by Anonymousreply 42December 18, 2019 4:51 PM

R42 if your stupidity results in someone being killed or maimed, you should be punished. How many people die every year because of someone else's stupidity on the road?

by Anonymousreply 43December 18, 2019 5:11 PM

They should be charged with fraud for lying and trying to sue Royal when it was blatantly the grandfather’s fault.

by Anonymousreply 44December 18, 2019 5:27 PM

Grandpa’s going down, he better grab that plea deal before they take it off the table.

by Anonymousreply 45December 18, 2019 5:59 PM

I think this family thought that public opinion would be on their side. They probably hoped that Trump would take up their cause since it involved one of Trump's favorite targets, Puerto Rico. Neither happened, and now they need to make a deal before it's too late.

by Anonymousreply 46December 18, 2019 6:05 PM

R46 Expecting stupidity from the public is a fair assumption.

by Anonymousreply 47December 18, 2019 6:13 PM

Money grabbing assholes

by Anonymousreply 48December 18, 2019 6:24 PM

R41, the family are deplorables and the dad is a cop who told drunk grandpa NOT to cooperate with cops ( aka taking a breathalyzer). So of course they are brazen enough to do this! Luckily even other deplorables aren’t taking their side.

by Anonymousreply 49December 18, 2019 6:29 PM

Just saw the video. What a disgusting person.

In the video, the little girl is running around and drunk grandpa is following her. Baby girl runs up to edge to look at oven behind a glass wall. Drunk grandpa follows and put his whole upper body outside the window to look down below. So obviously he knew it was open! He stuck his whol upper body out the window.

After that, he picks up girl. Sits her in wooden bench facing him with her back facing out. She sits back, falls and dies. Drunk grandpa then scream and slumps down. Video cuts off.

I really really hope he doesn’t take that plea deal. The video proves he is a liar!!!! And considering the cop father told drunk grandpa NOT to cooperate with cops and take a breathalyzer, then it’s pretty safe to say grandpa was drunk.

Of course cop daddy (called a hero by Pete Buttihieg) then instantly wants to sue.

SCUM family!

by Anonymousreply 50December 18, 2019 6:46 PM

A little baby child... Take it to my Supreme Court- we'll take care of you!

by Anonymousreply 51December 18, 2019 6:46 PM

Look at oven= look at ocean*

by Anonymousreply 52December 18, 2019 6:47 PM

Bless her little heart! It's just awful when this happens to poor babies.

by Anonymousreply 53December 18, 2019 7:00 PM

"I'm color blind"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54December 18, 2019 7:17 PM

"The family is shocked by the deplorable and disgraceful misconduct that led to the release of this footage. The family's sole motivation for not releasing the video was to protect their older child. That motivation has not changed. The family publicly asks the Puerto Rican authorities, why was this footage released? Why do you continue to inflict such heinous emotional distress on our family? Haven't we been punished enough by the loss of Chloe? Finally, the family requests an immediate, independent investigation done into the circumstances surrounding the leak."

We're so dedicated to protecting our remaining child we have lawyers and the press on speed dial

by Anonymousreply 55December 18, 2019 7:17 PM

They want an independent investigation to see who leaked the video that proves they’re lying pieces of shit?

Grandpa knew the window was open and the leaks prove it! He was either drunk or really was trying to kill the kid.

by Anonymousreply 56December 18, 2019 8:12 PM

LOCK GRANDPA UP!

One less Trump voter for 2020!

by Anonymousreply 57December 18, 2019 8:18 PM

I’d be happier if they locked up the dad. Grandpa is a drunk but that cop dad is the lowest form of all.

by Anonymousreply 58December 18, 2019 8:22 PM

Prior to videos being leaked, Newsweek is saying drunk grandpa rejected the plea deal.

Probably regretting that now that videos are out proving he is a liar.

by Anonymousreply 59December 18, 2019 8:30 PM

Funny how before the leak, their lawyer was saying the video completely exonerated the grandpa, but now that it was leaked, it shows the exact opposite.

by Anonymousreply 60December 18, 2019 8:41 PM

R50, I viewed the video, but couldn’t make out everything you describe. I saw grandpa lean out, and I saw him pick the girl up. And I kinda think I saw him hold her out the window. But that was as much as I could make out. Are you completely confident? She was facing inward?

I’m not saying the video doesn’t prove he’s full of shit, I think it does.

Has it been established that grandpa was drunk? Has it been established that he didn’t do it on purpose? Maybe the family sticking their hands out isn’t a case of trying to make lemonade out of lemons. Maybe a payout was their plan all along. Seems unlikely, though.

by Anonymousreply 61December 18, 2019 11:15 PM

I saw both video clips, from behind and from the side, and it seems clear to me he is leaning outside the window. I couldn't tell which way the child was facing, but if he's already leaned out the window, how could he not know it was open?

by Anonymousreply 62December 18, 2019 11:41 PM

R61, not sure. I described the conversation narrating what happened. The interviews was in Spanish. I can’t tell which way girl was facing myself but rest seems clear.

Here’s what I think happened:

Drunk grandpa is having a good time and is buzzed. He’s watching after baby girl. He sees an open window, looks out, and thinks; what a great view! Everyone should enjoy!

He picks up girl, drops her, and recoils in terror.

Parents arrive and tipsy grandpa is hysterical. Cop dad smells alcohol on grandpa and knowing how evil cops are, tells drunk grandpa not to cooperate. Cops want a breathalyzer but grandpa or cop dad says no.

Later, cop dad and delusional wife wants money. Support is on his side so he decide to sue. Cruise line having already watched the video, say hell no. They strike back by having drunk grandpa arrested.

They continue to deny everything and support starts to shift, so cruise line releases footage of incident.

Drunk grandpa now won’t back done from his denial either because it’s be a second betrayal to cop dad and his wife who will get nothing if he admits guilt.

by Anonymousreply 63December 18, 2019 11:53 PM

Wow, so much for DL's previous speculation about the window: he knew it was open & he puts her right up to the edge where she falls. I don't think he did it intentionally & he probably was probably drunk, but I think the local authorities have every right to come down on him hard if he tried to deny responsibility & blame it on the cruise line (which appears to be the case).

When I saw the title "Cruise Grandpa", I thought this was a thread about the Top Gun remake

by Anonymousreply 64December 19, 2019 12:02 AM

R64, I doubt this was the law acting against the grandpa. I think Cruise line somehow pushed it. So even though they are right this time, corporations are still evil. I think grandpa never would’ve been arrested had parents not sued cruise line.

by Anonymousreply 65December 19, 2019 12:09 AM

I think he pissed off the Puerto Rican authorities by refusing their request for an interview and then leaving the island. Probably a lot of tourists behave badly and get away with it. They would have gone after him whether he sued the company or not.

by Anonymousreply 66December 19, 2019 12:59 AM

I suspect Nonno was feeling inspired by De Niro's turn in "Bad Grandpa" and was busy partying it up. Unfortunately for everyone involved, he took it a few steps and a few stories too far.

by Anonymousreply 67December 19, 2019 1:09 AM

If her can catch her God, she's yours.

by Anonymousreply 68December 19, 2019 1:47 AM

The family trying to profit off drunk grandpa's stupidity is revolting

by Anonymousreply 69December 19, 2019 2:02 AM

Lying ass

by Anonymousreply 70December 19, 2019 3:20 AM

That child is scary-ugly. I think they just wanted her gone.

by Anonymousreply 71December 19, 2019 4:17 AM

There sure are a lot of heffas on that ship.

by Anonymousreply 72December 19, 2019 4:32 AM

The video is here, but narrated in Spanish. The window looked really, really low. Yes, Grandpa stuck his body out of the window first. So, it's obvious he knew it was an open window. There is also video of him at a bar. The plea offer was probation and no jail. He will take the plea offer, IMO. I think the family will drop this lawsuit.

Grandpa will not be doing any more babysitting. Time to quit drinking, Grandpa.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73December 19, 2019 5:32 AM

R73, thanks for that video. He knew the window was open. He stuck his head out the window and clearly looked down below. Then he sat the child on that precarious wooden ledge.

Why on earth would he do such a thing? I wouldn't even leave my favorite book on such a precarious ledge, much less a baby.

by Anonymousreply 74December 19, 2019 6:16 AM

Chloe Wiegand Royal Caribbean Lawsuit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75December 19, 2019 8:54 AM

It’s a good thing I’m not on a jury, because I can’t see anything in those videos. Watched a dozen times and just don’t see it.

I still think grandpa was annoyed that he was stuck babysitting the kid instead of being able to sit at the bar and hit on fat chicks. The whole ship was full of them and he had to run around after this brat. Where were the parents?

by Anonymousreply 76December 19, 2019 9:33 AM

What the fuck is that thing that they have narrating the videos? On what planet is that appropriate?

by Anonymousreply 77December 19, 2019 10:50 AM

Lol r77. Is it a drag queen technically?

Personally I’d want to have Bianca Del Rio as Judge Judy tearing drunk grandpa a new one.

by Anonymousreply 78December 19, 2019 11:11 AM

Yeah, I was a bit freaked out by watching some costumed freak dressed as Big Bird, but that's just Hispanic Television. Be assured that it will show up on a "Sabado Gigante," Saturday's spectacle to catch it again. My parents LOVED Sabado Gigante starting over 35 years. As a teen it devastated my Saturdays watching all manner of Latinos acting like total fools for TV. Big Bird is the legacy. It's a very weird thing about Latin TV programming in the U.S. It's cheesy beyond belief.

No, I didn't even bother to listen to the audio. I pretty much knew without trying to decipher gnarly accents. Big, fucking Bird, for God's sake. Wailing, dry-eyed grandpa and the poor kid who was destined to live with not a five, but near ten head. Doesn't her head seem excessive as in over normal limits for a two year old? I don't think I've ever seen such a large noggin on a toddler.

by Anonymousreply 79December 19, 2019 11:24 AM

I really don't see shit in that video besides the grandpa obviously looking out the open window before lifting the baby up. But WTF is a giant Muppet hosting a show with video where a toddler falls to her death? Very bizarre.

Is the video quality really that bad or did they release a low quality copy? Every cheap phone makes HD videos these days, but surveillance footage always looks like technology hasn't improved at all in the last 30 years.

by Anonymousreply 80December 19, 2019 12:14 PM

Prosecutors have offered a plea deal: no prison time, minimal probation and supervision in exchange for Grandpa admitting fault. They rejected it.

I used to feel sorry for these people, but that's since evaporated. Grandpa *knows* it was his fault and is lying. Best case scenario, the parents are in denial about Grandpa and think that a few million dollars will ease their torment. Worst case, they know he's at fault, too, and want to cash in anyway.

Didn't this happen in the morning? Damn, that bar is busy for the a.m.

by Anonymousreply 81December 19, 2019 12:24 PM

I imagine shipboard bars are busy around the clock.

by Anonymousreply 82December 19, 2019 12:34 PM

I think the people who had to get the baby's remains or watched her hit the concrete after her fall, deserve a payout and not this family. THIS must be traumatizing.

by Anonymousreply 83December 19, 2019 12:39 PM

R81, the cop dad knows drunk grandpa is lying. He stopped him from talking to the Puerto Rican cops and from taking a breathalyzer.

The wife is probably delusional.

And the drunk grandpa can’t tell the truth now cause it screws up the cop dads lawsuit which is what he cares about truly.

I think cop dad is the real villain.

by Anonymousreply 84December 19, 2019 12:43 PM

They follow Trump's lead. Deny guilt and responsibility, deflect, blame someone else, dig your heels in and countersue. They hope the PR attention will force the cruise line to settle this case quietly.

by Anonymousreply 85December 19, 2019 12:59 PM

I love the giant Big Bird muppet. Hilarious. Those hags on The View -- especially Meghan McCain -- should consider wearing giant Sesame Street Drag costumes, so nobody is subjected to their faces.

by Anonymousreply 86December 19, 2019 4:17 PM

They will show it if there’s a trial.

by Anonymousreply 87December 19, 2019 4:57 PM

They keep referring it to a children's play area, it looks like an adult bar area to me.

by Anonymousreply 88December 20, 2019 2:38 PM

Honestly, that lawsuit is a joke. It is impossible for a cruise line to prevent stupid people from hurting themselves every time. Like a plane that crashes, a series of factors had to line up perfectly in order for this to happen. The mom and dad both MUST attend to business concerning the trip, so Grandpa with a vision problem is selected to watch the kid. The toddler, instead of playing in the water like a normal child, wants to BANG ON GLASS. This is a family that thinks banging on glass is cute. The grandpa holds her to the only open window. He ignores the sign about not sitting in the rail. He lets her reach out to bang on the glass 11 stories in the air. And they think they deserve millions ... The most audacious part of the suit is that it goes back to the brother’s hockey games and how the baby loved banging on the glass, as if this is normal and everyone allows their toddlers to go around beating on glass windows. That is such a universal NO. Glass fucking breaks.

by Anonymousreply 89December 20, 2019 4:22 PM

that child's head was pretty misshapen before the fall. I can only imagine what it looked like after.

by Anonymousreply 90December 20, 2019 5:25 PM

The cruise line should have anticipated that grandpa is a drunk idiot and our toddler liked to bang on glass.

by Anonymousreply 91December 21, 2019 4:45 PM

How on earth is that a children’s play area? I can’t begin to list the reasons it’s not.

And I cannot believe the massive BALLS it takes to try and sue the cruise line. They should have quietly negotiated a small settlement. Going balls to the wall to blame the cruise line is forcing the cruise line to defend itself and it’s not going to end well.

And what the hell kind of lawyer took the scam family’s case? I’d take it if they wanted a small payout on the QT. A full-on battle playing out in the media? I’m out.

by Anonymousreply 92December 21, 2019 5:01 PM

The video shows that Grandpa stuck his head out the window before dangling his granddaughter 11 stories above a concrete pier. There is no “banging on glass” angle. He knew damn well there was no glass. Unless he’s a super hero and that’s his power. He can move through solid objects. I guess we can’t rule that out.

by Anonymousreply 93December 21, 2019 7:42 PM

[quote]The family trying to profit off drunk grandpa's stupidity is revolting

This is neither wit nor wisdom.

by Anonymousreply 94December 22, 2019 1:48 AM

[quote] And what the hell kind of lawyer took the scam family’s case?

I heard they recently retained the services of Jackie Chiles, Esquire, Attorney at Law.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95December 22, 2019 5:21 AM

I read the cruise line offered the family to watch the surveillance footage but they refused. If grandpa told them the same story, I'm not surprised they sued. Wouldn't the lawyer watch the video though before filing his suit? Why didn't the police get a blood sample from grandpa? He refused to do a breathalyzer, but can't they force him to give a blood sample? The father probably also knew grandpa was drunk when he advised him not to cooperate with authorities.

People are so used to blaming others and getting huge settlement these days, no one is willing to take responsibility for their actions.

by Anonymousreply 96December 22, 2019 9:15 AM

Did they lock Gramps up yet?

by Anonymousreply 97December 28, 2019 9:05 PM

No news for a week. I suspect they are negotiating the plea deal. Cruise grampa et. al. have likely realized they aren't going to get Trump's attention and they aren't going to get a payout on this one.

by Anonymousreply 98December 28, 2019 9:27 PM

One of the images shows Anello leaning out the window, the court filing says.

"When he arrives at the open window, and while Chloe is on the floor, Mr. Anello leans his upper-torso over the wooden railing and out of the window frame for approximately eight seconds," the cruise line's court motion says. "Because Mr. Anello had himself leaned out the window, he was well aware that the window is open."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99January 17, 2020 9:07 PM

R99 Lock him up

by Anonymousreply 100January 17, 2020 9:11 PM

The scam artists should be sued for falsely charging the cruise line with negligence.

by Anonymousreply 101January 17, 2020 9:14 PM

Will Mayor Pete once again express his sorrows in order to suck up to the racist white cops from his city again?

by Anonymousreply 102January 17, 2020 9:18 PM

"Because Mr. Anello had himself leaned out the window, he was well aware that the window is open."

Bingo. Why haven't these grifters dropped this yet? Still waiting for a settlement to make this bad publicity go away? I hope they don't pay them anything.

by Anonymousreply 103January 18, 2020 7:45 AM

If the family loses the legal case are they required to pay the legal fees for the cruise line as well as their own?

by Anonymousreply 104January 18, 2020 10:25 AM

I SUSPECT that Grandpa lied to all of the relatives and they probably saw the video well after?? If they saw it all- I would think their lawyer or someone described it to them.

It must be hell to live in that man's mind after killing his granddaughter.

by Anonymousreply 105January 18, 2020 12:46 PM

He must have been really drunk. What other explanation is there to hold a toddler out of an open window? He knew the window was open so no sane person would put a toddler on that ledge. He was drunk and forgot about the open window two seconds later or was too intoxicated and just dropped her. Obviously bad judgment on his part so stop blaming others.

by Anonymousreply 106January 18, 2020 12:53 PM

R106, he was def drunk. The cop dad talked drunk Grandpa out of cooperating with the Puerto Rican cops which included a breathalyzer. That’s been known since early on and it’s the reason I knew the grandpa was lying (before the video ever came out).

by Anonymousreply 107January 18, 2020 1:07 PM

R104, a judge can rule that, but it’s relatively rare.

by Anonymousreply 108January 18, 2020 1:22 PM

The cruise line should sue them

by Anonymousreply 109January 18, 2020 1:47 PM

This is BS. I hope the cruise line sues this fucker.

by Anonymousreply 110January 18, 2020 5:17 PM

Ruh Ro Cruise grandpa you in trouble, Gurl!

by Anonymousreply 111January 18, 2020 5:20 PM

In the video he appears to have one hand against the wall, so he was holding a child 11 stories up with 1 hand?

Even drunk, it is hard to think of a goal consistent with that action other than causing her death to try to make $. Most people wold not hold a toddler over a BED with 1 hand.

The behavior of the family has been that of grifters, not bereaved parents.

by Anonymousreply 112January 18, 2020 9:58 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113January 18, 2020 10:03 PM

They have NO credibility, all that blah, blah, pound on plexiglass at hockey, blah, blah.

I am grateful that the defendant only released footage from one camera at a distance, it is horrific enough.

He had one hand under her and one inside bracing himself. Can you imagine how terrified that poor child must have been? She likely trusted him and had no control as he lifted her up and out the window. It is hard to balance a plate on your hand, not a squirmy, fearing for her life 18 month old. The parents are negligent as well.

by Anonymousreply 114January 18, 2020 10:07 PM

He is the step-grandfather, maybe if she was a blood rx there would have been a protective impulse rather than willfully causing her death for cash.

by Anonymousreply 115January 18, 2020 10:08 PM

DUDE. I had no idea that video could be viewed????

That grandfather must have been DRUNK as a MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!!!!

I feel bad for the sheer hell he must feel..

How drunk was HE!???

by Anonymousreply 116January 18, 2020 10:21 PM

He seems out for $$$ to me, R116.

Imagine being balanced on a hand, 11 stories up?!

You would not do that with a camera, but a human toddler and YOU are the REAL victim? And super loving dad telling the murderer to refuse a breathalyzer?

by Anonymousreply 117January 18, 2020 10:38 PM

Step-gramps kept one hand braced on the wall inside to insure that HE would not go out the window, hmmm...

by Anonymousreply 118January 18, 2020 10:39 PM

Now it seems more like a case of murder.

by Anonymousreply 119January 19, 2020 1:17 AM

The Case of the Bouncing Baby, That Didn't.

by Anonymousreply 120January 19, 2020 1:20 AM

R119 with the dad assisting with the cover up

by Anonymousreply 121January 19, 2020 1:29 AM

There was a horrible murder near where I live. The grandmother was angry at her SIL so she threw her grandchild off a walkway at a mall. Turned out it was premeditated.

The parents, however, did not shield the murdering granny. They behaved like normal grieving parents.

They start talking about $ in the first 24 hours or so, no? There needs to be forensics run on their electronics and on the finances. I feel for her brother, who is still a child himself.

In the video it is clear that they are near a bar. He leans out the window. Then he pulls his head in, leans down and picks her up. He lifts her up and out the window and leans out for about 20 seconds with one hand braced against the interior wall. There is no way you can balance a child on your palm. The terror that kid must have felt is unimaginable.

Had they played the grieving family and quietly gone away, it would have been closed, I suspect. They brought an investigation on themselves and now the whole world has seen the video and kows that the LEO father coached the killer to refuse a breathalyzer. I cannot imagine having to interact with any of those adults IRL knowing all this.

by Anonymousreply 122January 19, 2020 1:59 AM

I forgot the color blind bs narrative as though that has any bearing on leaning your upper body OUT A WINDOW. And the fake crying and dupers delight smirk.

I hope he is held accountable and I hope the father becomes a LEO pariah at minumum. If communications or financial problems or what have you indicate the parents were in on planning, lock them all up.

by Anonymousreply 123January 19, 2020 2:06 AM

what's LEO?

by Anonymousreply 124January 19, 2020 2:11 AM

Law Enforcement Officer.

Kids dad is a cop.

by Anonymousreply 125January 19, 2020 2:15 AM

Why would you take a kid that young on a cruise? How miserable. Can't people get away and be adults for a while?

Leave her with Grandma (but not Grandpa!).

by Anonymousreply 126January 19, 2020 2:22 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127January 19, 2020 3:59 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 128January 19, 2020 8:43 PM

Grown man holds a toddler up to an 11th floor window. Toddler falls.

"How could this monstrous corporation put a window here???!"

by Anonymousreply 129January 19, 2020 9:43 PM

He actually lifted her up and OUT the window as you can see if you can stomach the vid.

It could well have been premeditated, esp as he brought one hand back in and braced it against the wall.

by Anonymousreply 130January 20, 2020 2:58 AM

Hopefully, the people of Puerto Rico will give Grandpa Grifter some island justice.

by Anonymousreply 131January 20, 2020 9:42 AM

"Can you imagine how terrified that poor child must have been?"

R114, she was 18 months old. She didn't know what hit her.

by Anonymousreply 132January 20, 2020 10:10 PM

Pretty sure a newborn would instinctively be terrified if held insecurely at a height. He held her out the window for 34 seconds until she fell.

WTF was going on in his mind? Was he angry or bitter or vengeful in addition to drunk?

by Anonymousreply 133January 21, 2020 2:38 AM

I appreciate the posters who took the time to write out and describe what happened in the video. I did not want to watch it.

by Anonymousreply 134January 21, 2020 2:40 AM

If that window hadn't got her first, then Granpa's New Year's fireworks extravaganza certainly would have.

by Anonymousreply 135January 21, 2020 2:41 AM

I don't think we post links to Daily Mail, but they have an excellent article which has made me rethink "Drop Pop"--

by Anonymousreply 136January 24, 2020 1:40 AM

Lilypilli, At the Beach, Australia, 3 hours ago

Those pics in the reenactment are not correct. The man is much taller than that man in the pics. Why don't they just watch the video where his arms from the elbows down are not visible because they are out the window and he is doing some up and down movements. The staff who were there said at first 'he was playing games'.

by Anonymousreply 137January 24, 2020 2:48 AM

Mizi1555, New York, 2 hours ago

Probably drinking was involved hence the lack of judgement and awareness. He refused a breathalyzer test and has history of DUIs.

by Anonymousreply 138January 24, 2020 2:48 AM

kathryn, london, 31 minutes ago

He is NOT the grandfather ! He just happens to be dating the poor girl's grandmother!!

by Anonymousreply 139January 24, 2020 2:49 AM

Cyd Barrett, New York, United States, 34 minutes ago

He said the open window was in the playroom. He leaned out the window first before picking up the child. The video the other day did not show a playroom & showed he leaned out first. And what about the life insurance?

Wait, there was life insurance on a TODDLER?!!!

by Anonymousreply 140January 24, 2020 2:50 AM

Do we really need to repost banal comments from the Daily Mail?

by Anonymousreply 141January 24, 2020 2:52 AM

I have large gaps of comments. Have frauen invaded?

by Anonymousreply 142January 24, 2020 2:57 AM

Does he really have a history of DUIs?

by Anonymousreply 143January 24, 2020 11:32 AM

I’ve seen the following claims made about grandpa:

He has a history of DUIs. He is a step-grandparent, not the biological grandparent. He is an amateur actor.

I have no idea if any are true, but the family is looking sleazier and sleazier. The bullshit “reenactment” is ridiculous. I’m starting to believe it was intentional.

by Anonymousreply 144January 24, 2020 12:58 PM

While I'm not sure how being an amateur actor adds to his guilt (since he can't act his way out of this), a history of DUIs certainly doesn't help his case, if that's true. And can you imagine how upset the biological grandfather must be?

by Anonymousreply 145January 24, 2020 1:11 PM

The suggestion was that he was “acting” his grief.

by Anonymousreply 146January 24, 2020 1:17 PM

Is that like speaking your own "truth" r146?

by Anonymousreply 147January 24, 2020 1:19 PM

"Acting" his grief won't matter much if they have evidence of his drinking at the bar beforehand and a history of DUIs. That's if those things can be proven.

by Anonymousreply 148January 24, 2020 1:50 PM

I didn't watch any of the security footage but as others have commented that he stuck his head out the window before he hung the baby out the window kills his defense that he didn't know the window was open.

If the family and their counsel decide to pursue their case against the cruise ship line the corporate counsel will probably sue the family which will force the family to drop their case or try to settle. They don't deserve a dime.

by Anonymousreply 149January 24, 2020 2:36 PM

Not one dime. Grifters.

by Anonymousreply 150January 24, 2020 2:37 PM

So much biology obsession. Some people consider stepparents family, some don't. Chromebaby's parents obviously do. I'm assuming he married grandma when the mother was still young. And if you were an adult, would you book a cruise with your elderly parents if you didn't enjoy their company.

by Anonymousreply 151January 24, 2020 3:18 PM

When it's some drunk clown who's not even blood relation dropping your baby out the window, I'd say that adds insult to injury, R151. Would it have been any worse if it was the biological grampa? No. But maybe you should ask the biological gramps how he feels about it.

by Anonymousreply 152January 24, 2020 3:24 PM

[quote] And if you were an adult, would you book a cruise with your elderly parents if you didn't enjoy their company.

Apparently they booked the cruise with the baby and obviously didn’t enjoy her company. Hell, if they enjoyed her company they wouldn’t have thrown her off the boat!

by Anonymousreply 153January 24, 2020 3:42 PM

R152 for all we know bio gramps is long dead or wasn't even really a dad. There are people who love their step parents and hate their blood.

by Anonymousreply 154January 24, 2020 7:10 PM

Nope, R151, recent addition to the family. Did NOT help raise the mother. May not have had any real experience supervising toddlers.

Have read both that he is the boyfriend of the grandmother or a recently married husband. I am sure that point will be clarified.

They were not with Step Drop Pop, so doubt it was his company they sought by cruising together.

Where was the older brother when all this went down?

by Anonymousreply 155January 24, 2020 10:22 PM

If he was a recent addition and not even a bio relative WHY did the parents focus on trying to legally shield him? WHY would a LEO and a former prosecuter urge the murderer of their baby to refuse a breathalyzer? What goal is that consistent with?

by Anonymousreply 156January 24, 2020 10:26 PM

Very true, R153!

I would have imagined that loving parents would have wanted the truth and justice to prevail. Unusual/odd for a current LEO dad and former prosecutor mom to steer the murderer to refuse a breathalayzer. Unusual for the family of the deceased to launch litigation aimed at shielding the murderer of the dead baby. Any admission by the ship could have been used to deflect negligent homicide charges, the $ also seemed to be a goal.

If Gramps had no real attachment and had acting experience, could explain why he was chosen to carry it out if it was pre-planned? T

by Anonymousreply 157January 24, 2020 10:32 PM

R156, maybe cop dad wasn’t trying to protect drunk grandpa but since he’s a cop he naturally knows how corrupted cops are in general. It didn’t matter if it was drunk grandpa or anyone else, the minute cop dad saw Puerto Rican cops, he knew cops can’t be trusted.

Cop dad has prob planted evidence on innocent black people. He knows how cops love to screw with outsiders.

by Anonymousreply 158January 25, 2020 1:09 PM

He could have waited to toss tater head when the boat was at sea. it would have made the Cleanup on aisle 3 much easier.

by Anonymousreply 159January 26, 2020 6:18 PM

And this wasn't even from a great height!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160January 26, 2020 6:23 PM

Nah, R158. He had skin in the game in shielding dude his MIL was fucking. Otherwise known as the murderer of his baby. That would trump abstract ideology for almost all parents. Since it did not, have to wonder if it was planned and if they were co-conspirators.

It is rumored that there was life insurance on the baby.

by Anonymousreply 161January 27, 2020 3:01 AM

Agree with R161. The family might have initially been confused or misinformed. At this point, continuing to back not-grandpa is suspicious.

by Anonymousreply 162January 27, 2020 8:26 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163January 28, 2020 12:20 AM

Anyone know more about the rumored life insurance on the poor baby?

by Anonymousreply 164January 28, 2020 1:07 AM

Lol, they’re now begging Puerto Rican authorities to drop the charges. But it was them who insisted that someone (they assumed the cruise line) had to take responsibility over the death. Now grandpa needs to be found guilty just to prevent the parents from winning the law suit.

If the parents weren’t evil pieces of crap, the cruise line would’ve paid them off and let drunk grandpa go.

Remember the kid who got killed by an alligator at Disney? Well that family got paid off and was made to look angelic. Then again, they didn’t try to finically benefit from their kids death.

by Anonymousreply 165January 28, 2020 2:11 AM

[quote] Then again, they didn’t try to finically benefit from their kids death.

Maybe they weren’t too finicky.

by Anonymousreply 166January 28, 2020 10:40 AM

What about the rumored DUIs?

That dude is the roughest looking 51. Lots of people likely know he is a drunk. Cruise ships track drinking, that info coming out may be enlightening. He is just the boyfriend of Grandma, the PARENTS are ultimately responsible for the well being of the kid.

It is very hard to believe that they would be defending the non-relative and murderer and going for cash unless it was pre-planned. He did not raise the mom. Why would their emotional loyalty not be with their own BABY? The urging him to refuse a breathalyzer is damning, in many jurisdictions, a jury can draw inferences from that.

by Anonymousreply 167January 28, 2020 12:12 PM

'We have never wanted charges filed against Sam because we know with all of our hearts that he would never put Chloe in harm's way.

'We will stand with Sam as long as it takes - but we cannot grieve as a family until the criminal charges are dropped.'

by Anonymousreply 168January 28, 2020 4:09 PM

“We cannot grieve as a family over Cleos death until we get millions from the Cruise Line.”

by Anonymousreply 169January 28, 2020 4:58 PM

I meant Chloe! Chloe is her name!!!

by Anonymousreply 170January 28, 2020 4:58 PM

I feel like if I were not drinking and did something like this, I would jump at the chance to prove I wasn’t drunk. Just trying to put myself in his position, I realize how difficult it is. There are accidents and then there’s this. Little children dash into streets, fall from places when unattended, get backed over in driveways bc they ran out of the house when no one was looking- you can see how these things happen. But little kids do not get dropped out of windows by their loved ones. It takes effort for that to happen.

by Anonymousreply 171January 28, 2020 6:29 PM

Agree, R171. Cannot rule out the possiblity that it was planned, esp given the unusual behavior of the parents.

Parents do kill their kids every day, even when there is no payday they are gunning for.

WTH is going on in that family? Wonder how the older brother is doing? Linking her death in any way to his hocky playing was cruel.

by Anonymousreply 172January 29, 2020 1:00 AM

This family is deplorable. If they at least “dropped” her into the ocea her head could have been used as a buoy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173January 29, 2020 1:03 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174February 26, 2020 5:03 AM

The video evidence was clear and indisputable.

by Anonymousreply 175February 26, 2020 10:15 AM

[quote] It was decided the plea deal is in the best interests of the family so that they can close this horrible chapter and turn their focus to mourning Chloe and fighting for cruise passenger safety by raising awareness about the need for all common carriers to adhere to window fall prevention laws designed to protect children from falling from windows.

What. A. Douche.

by Anonymousreply 176February 26, 2020 11:09 AM

But they’re not closing the chapter, they’re still going full steam ahead with their lawsuit again RC. Part of me hopes RC takes back their deal.

Damn I hate this family. I can’t believe I’m siding with a ruthless corporation over them but they’re just that deplorable. The dad and mom are even worse then drunk grandpa.

by Anonymousreply 177February 26, 2020 11:17 AM

The family probably needs the big payday can you imagine the legal bills they have now?

by Anonymousreply 178February 26, 2020 1:13 PM

Were it not for the fact he picked her up, she wouldn't have gone out the window.

The cruise line should be fine with signs posted at eye level about not

PLACING BABIES ON THE HANDRAIL.

THIS MEANS YOU DRUNK DROP POPS!

by Anonymousreply 179February 26, 2020 3:08 PM

Grandpa pled Guilty but the family is still suing.

Either they did not watch the video and are in major denial....

..or they planned this to sue anyhow. They have other kids and that one looked "special" but not in a good way.

by Anonymousreply 180October 16, 2020 2:53 PM

RC will pay them something to go away even though it is clearly drunk Grandpa's fault.

by Anonymousreply 181October 16, 2020 4:34 PM

I hope they fight it, on principle. These people are shameless.

by Anonymousreply 182October 16, 2020 6:26 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183April 14, 2021 12:36 AM

Wow that's all he got. I guess he won't be babysitting for any of their other children if they have any.

by Anonymousreply 184April 14, 2021 12:42 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!