Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

A Saturday Night in Brooklyn. Youths vs Cops

Mobile phone video captured a wild melee Saturday between nearly a dozen cops and a group of teenagers at a Brooklyn subway station, with punches flying on both sides.

Five people were arrested after the 2:20 a.m. brawl at the Jay Street-MetroTech station near Borough Hall, which police said broke out after cops responded to reports of a fight between two groups on Jay Street that later spilled into the transit station.

The video starts with officers trying to handcuff one suspect while a handful of individuals appear to try to pull the cops away.

One officer reacts by running up and punching one of the teens in the face, sparking another tussle.

Moments later a different officer is seen swinging away at another brawler, as several people are seen shooting mobile phone video of the fighting.

Among those arrested in the aftermath of the incident was a 15-year-old boy accused of slugging an officer. He was charged with assault on a police officer, resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.

Also arrested were a 16-year-old girl who was hit with a reckless endangerment charge, and three 18-year-olds who were charged with resisting arrest.

None of the suspects were identified Saturday night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51November 27, 2019 2:40 PM

I hope the cops beat the shit out of those thugs.

by Anonymousreply 1October 27, 2019 10:38 PM

Y’all can gentrify Brooklyn as much as you want, the hood will never leave Brooklyn. It’s been there for decades upon decades.

Idk why white folk don’t get that.

by Anonymousreply 2October 27, 2019 10:40 PM

All of Brooklyn will be gentrified soon.

by Anonymousreply 3October 27, 2019 10:40 PM

You can keep gentrifying. The hood people will always remain. Brooklyn will always be Brooklyn.

Keep trying. They’re gonna start fighting back soon.

A lot of parts of Bronx aren’t playing games either. I’ve seen it.

by Anonymousreply 4October 27, 2019 10:43 PM

^^Only in America is being uneducated, ignorant and violent something to be proud of. It's sickening.

by Anonymousreply 5October 27, 2019 10:45 PM

by Anonymousreply 6October 27, 2019 10:48 PM

[quote] One officer reacts by running up and punching one of the teens in the face, sparking another tussle.

Who are the thugs here?

by Anonymousreply 7October 27, 2019 11:02 PM

I’m surprised there are any black people left in Brooklyn.

by Anonymousreply 8October 27, 2019 11:15 PM

A good old hood rat brawl in the subway station! I ❤ NY

by Anonymousreply 9October 27, 2019 11:36 PM

Obviously the people in the neighborhood don't agree with the pigs version of events.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 30, 2019 4:47 AM

We need to learn from Singapore and China. More cameras with facial recognition.

by Anonymousreply 11October 30, 2019 4:51 AM

This is nothing new for Brooklyn. The Bonfire of the Vanities was nonfiction. The projects in Brooklyn are not going anywhere despite gentrification. That's All

by Anonymousreply 12October 30, 2019 6:47 AM

[quote]The Bonfire of the Vanities was nonfiction.

And in the Bronx.

by Anonymousreply 13October 30, 2019 7:14 AM

Did you say Utes?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 30, 2019 7:15 AM

[quote] Y’all can gentrify Brooklyn as much as you want, the hood will never leave Brooklyn. It’s been there for decades upon decades.

[quote] Idk why white folk don’t get that.

K thank u 4 ur insite.

by Anonymousreply 15October 30, 2019 7:18 AM

R13 I was referring to the mayor's description of Brooklyn Heights, Boro Park and Bay Ridge in the first chapter of Bonfire. I believe the desciption was Bantustans. I used to dread crossing the Willis Ave and Third Ave bridges when trying to save the toll by avoiding the Triboro, especially after reading that book!

by Anonymousreply 16October 30, 2019 7:40 AM

Co ok s should beat the living daylights out of these feral bastards. Your fucking skin color does not give you a free pass to flout the law.

by Anonymousreply 17October 30, 2019 8:00 AM

It's not hard for me to understand why some cops eventually go outside of their training and end up in trouble. When you have to deal with wild animals like it's got to break you down at some point.

by Anonymousreply 18October 30, 2019 11:11 AM

When I posted this item I expected more attention to the NYPD's diversity, working together in a common cause. The blue turban was cool.

by Anonymousreply 19October 30, 2019 11:36 PM

Once again, the DL is totally out of touch with the opinion of the vast majority of New Yorkers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20November 2, 2019 2:42 AM

Thousands in the streets of Brooklyn tonight protesting the violence perpetuated on black and brown people by the NYPD. Snatch your collective pearls with Corey Johnson all you want, but this is the real NYC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21November 2, 2019 2:44 AM

And millions are staying at home.

by Anonymousreply 22November 2, 2019 2:57 AM

For this we're spending $4000/month on Madison's dream of living in NYC? I'm beginning to wonder if her new BF's name DaShawntay is really French.

by Anonymousreply 23November 2, 2019 2:58 AM

Cornhusker Pop for fuck's sake cut Madison off or you'll piss away your retirement!

by Anonymousreply 24November 2, 2019 3:06 AM

[quote] Thousands in the streets of Brooklyn tonight protesting the violence perpetuated on black and brown people by the NYPD.

Thugs protesting the police isn't new. Joe Columbo almost had the FBI apologizing for chasing the Mafia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 2, 2019 3:08 AM

“ The projects in Brooklyn are not going anywhere despite gentrification. That's All”

No. They are going somewhere because of gentrification. I’m surprised you don’t know about the Fort Greene projects conversion and others like it.. When I lived in the Fort Greene area in the 90s, those projects were fucking insane with drug dealing, random shootings, all sorts of violence. They were privatized in the mid-aughts, the exteriors sand blasted and the entrances decorated with cheap awnings and sconces. Voila! Conversion complete. Now you will have to pay 600k for the privilege of living in a former war zone.

If Bed Stuy and East New York can gentrify ...anywhere can.

by Anonymousreply 26November 2, 2019 3:09 AM

R22 And millions who couldn't be there show their solidarity.

by Anonymousreply 27November 2, 2019 3:12 AM

Thank God I'm not a cop. These guys are in a lose/lose position. So what is being a cop mean you stand there and get the shit punched out of you by some garbage street trash? At some point instinct and andrenelin kick in to protect yourself and others in dangerous situations. They can protect others, but not themselves? I support the cops!

by Anonymousreply 28November 2, 2019 3:36 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29November 2, 2019 7:09 AM

How many of those protesters voted for Trump? THEY and their special brand of group think, is why I did.

by Anonymousreply 30November 2, 2019 11:15 AM

Part 2 coming November 22nd.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31November 13, 2019 5:53 AM

Part 2 is happening now in the Bronx. Protestors were previously in Harlem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32November 22, 2019 11:43 PM

[quote]I’m surprised there are any black people left in Brooklyn.

East New York, Brownsville. Still absolute shitholes. Gentrification won't touch those areas.

by Anonymousreply 33November 22, 2019 11:49 PM

That fat blonde bitch with the ponytail has singlehandedly decimated any remaining NYC cop fantasies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34November 23, 2019 12:42 AM

Yes, Brownsville and East New York are hellholes.

by Anonymousreply 35November 23, 2019 1:38 AM

As a life-long NYer who isn't white, these idiots protesting need to fuck off. They're the ones who make life a living hell here. Most cops are fucking assholes (sorry, it's true), but this shit where they want to get away with just breaking the law and being a pox on the city is not the way to solve it. Fuck off out of the city. Go to East St. Louis or Baltimore. I want them to be priced out.

by Anonymousreply 36November 23, 2019 2:05 AM

Wonder if these guys paid their fare ?

Teens attack dog owners on Queens subway in fight over puppy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37November 23, 2019 10:05 AM

I love when people reference protests in the aftermath of these events as if the people protesting are the downtrodden victims and not the ones living in the gentrified areas. Don’t kid yourself. The people protesting are the rich, white, neo-liberal academics who post on social media about Black Lives Matter from the comfort of their all-white luxury apartment building. They’re the people who snap photos of their picket signs for Instagram but cross the street when they see a black man coming their way. Don’t reference the protests as if they’re anything more than what they always are: “woke” white people using POC causes for their own benefit.

by Anonymousreply 38November 23, 2019 1:13 PM

I have no problem with a cop using his fists to stop a perp. It has immediate results.

by Anonymousreply 39November 23, 2019 1:37 PM

How’d that fat blonde dyke get on the force?

by Anonymousreply 40November 23, 2019 1:37 PM

R40, it irritates me to no end that police forces across this country full of conservative idiots and whining about "pc" have the nerve to allow every fat fucking slob to become one. No standards and they have the nerve to go off about the country in decline? Start with the mirror, you fat fucks. Still, I'd take a road roller to those morons protesting.

Both sides suck from my perspective. NYPD are some of the nastiest and most arrogant people no matter how polite you are to them and the other side needs to either drop dead or fucking move. You won't be missed.

by Anonymousreply 41November 23, 2019 2:58 PM

Anti-cop vandals cut turnstile arm in latest protest of subway patrols

The footage — tweeted by agitator group Decolonize This Place on Sunday — shows at least a dozen activists march into the E. 149th Street and 3rd Avenue stop. One portion shows a three-armed turnstile with one of its limbs shorn off just inches from the base.

“JUST RELEASED Turnstile hopping and cutting came When the massive FTP 2 cat march splintered into three one contingent took the Madison Avenue Bridge into the BX. This what happened at 3rd Av. and 149St subway stop. #evade #ftmta #ftp #decolonizethisplace #swipeitforward,” boasted the group, which bills itself as an “action-oriented movement on Indigenous struggle, Black liberation, Free Palestine, workers, de-gentrification, and dismantling patriarchy.”

It was not immediately clear how they cut the metal arm.

The edited video bookends with FTP — “F–k The Police” — on the screen as the group appears to protest the increased patrols in the subways.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42November 25, 2019 9:29 AM

You couldn't pick a better source than the fucking NYP? I love that they mention Palestine like that has anything to do with this. Yes, the theft of land and murder of indigenous people should be linked to fucking turnstiles because the NYP isn't a rabid Zionist, Bibi-is-God rag.

Yeah, let's not get into the illegal activities of the Hasidic and Russian Jewish communities in NYC and teh rampant medicaid and medicare fraud, but let's link this to the Palestinian people who can't even take a shit without Israel telling them they can. Repulsive rag.

by Anonymousreply 43November 25, 2019 2:42 PM

We're starting a little earlier with the Black Lives Matter protests this time. Because of the impeachment hearings, we want to invigorate as many Angry Old White Men as possible. Encouraging them to open their wallets- and close their minds.

by Anonymousreply 44November 25, 2019 3:48 PM

Yes, r44. The Black Lives Matter protesters are really Russian puppets. Wow, nothing gets by you!

by Anonymousreply 45November 25, 2019 5:29 PM

R44 Explains it all for us: Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia.

by Anonymousreply 46November 25, 2019 8:53 PM

r44 is right

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47November 25, 2019 9:14 PM

BLM couldn't find Russia on a map.

by Anonymousreply 48November 25, 2019 9:20 PM

Russia isn’t behind BLM, don’t be ridiculous. BLM is just a symptom of the discontent Russia has sewn into our society. They don’t need to be the boogeyman hiding behind everything, they’ve already accomplished what they needed to do. They want to make us fight amongst ourselves and they have. All this “Russia this, Russia that” is stupid because they’ve already managed to create the chaos they wanted. But the kicker is they didn’t need to do it by pretending and trolling, they just needed to turn us towards one another and hand us the weapons knowing we’d be more than happy to start attacking each other.

“We will take America without firing a shot. We do not have to invade the U.S. We will destroy you from within....”

- Nikita Khrushchev, former Soviet leader.

by Anonymousreply 49November 26, 2019 3:29 AM

R49 You are right - all that needs to happen is for outside forces, in this case the Russians, to get us at each other’s throats. I don’t know if you are familiar with this KGB defector from the 80s but that is basically the plan that he describes. The first step is demoralization, which has already happened.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50November 27, 2019 12:28 AM

R50 The conclusions in your article sound like talking points for the right wing nuts. IF the US were becoming a Marxist Leninist nation, we wouldn't have recently passed a mammoth tax break for billionaires and corporations. Please take your article and shove it up any Fox News "journalist's" ass.

by Anonymousreply 51November 27, 2019 2:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!