Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dolly Patton’s America Podcast

Anyone listening? Any good?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8December 11, 2019 10:08 PM

General Patton’s first name was Dolly?

That explains a few things.

by Anonymousreply 1October 26, 2019 2:16 AM

I think it’s excellent.

by Anonymousreply 2October 26, 2019 2:20 AM

Holly is a great wholesome entertainer!

by Anonymousreply 3October 26, 2019 2:24 AM

It's pretty amazing. I'm not wholly sold on the argument that she unifies warring factions (the rednecks still hate the fags and vote Trump to own the libs, y'all), but it's a smart and carefully curated account of one woman's immense, extraordinary talent. Somebody says in the second episode something like that if she'd been born in another era, she'd have been Mozart - and it's true.

If they can give Bob Dylan the Nobel Prize for literature, they sure as fuck can give one to Dolly.

by Anonymousreply 4November 10, 2019 11:18 PM

It's from Jad Abumrad - one of the guys from RadioLab - which is a great podcast, too.

I've heard the first episode and it was quite good.

by Anonymousreply 5November 10, 2019 11:36 PM

Ugghh, I should have know it was a radio lab person. It was so immature and downright rude in many instances. This dweeb has the nerve to make the podcast about himself. He has hours of footage of dolly interviews and yet he puts his own two cents in the foreground while diminishing Dolly to an audio afterthought.

He had unprecedented access to dolly, and not in a glossy, network special kind of way. She was even more open that usual, and the amount of time he had with her could have been really revealing if he’d have gotten out of the way.

She probably feels violated and disgusted with what he did with the opportunity. She gave him the access because she was a friend of his dad and he goes and does this? In my opinion, this podcast is a betrayal.

by Anonymousreply 6December 5, 2019 4:34 AM

R6 needs damp towel

by Anonymousreply 7December 11, 2019 10:01 PM

"It takes a lot of money to look this cheap."

I love her forever for that quip.

by Anonymousreply 8December 11, 2019 10:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!