Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

PRESS on PBS

Does anyone think there will be a second season of this series where just about everyone is an awful or stupid or negligent person? Al Weaver’s (Leonard from Grantchester) character seems to be somewhat morally grounded, but the rest seem to be destined to burn in hell.

by Anonymousreply 5November 13, 2019 12:52 AM

I guess I’m the only one watching

by Anonymousreply 1October 21, 2019 10:38 PM

So far I've only seen the first two episodes and I'm on the fence about it. As you pointed out, there really are no characters to root for or empathize with and the overall tone is rather bleak. One thing that stood out is how much the Duncan character reminds me of Ken Finkleman of the old CBC series The Newsroom.

by Anonymousreply 2November 11, 2019 3:40 AM

I guess they want me to identify with & root for the dead eyed female reporter with the ridiculously broad accent but she’s a drag.

by Anonymousreply 3November 13, 2019 12:33 AM

I just watched the final episode this morning.

I don't think there should be a 2nd season.

I thought the miniseries was perfect & complete as is.

by Anonymousreply 4November 13, 2019 12:38 AM

Barf

by Anonymousreply 5November 13, 2019 12:52 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!