Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Have you seen PARASITE yet?

Have you seen Bong Joon-ho's 2019 film PARASITE yet? Everyone was talking about it so I checked it out. Hmm...

At first I thought it was a horror film about germs (thanks to the poster), but it's about a family of grifters and a violent/funny allegory about class difference. During the first half I thought it was kind of cheesy and I was watching best-foreign-film-Oscar-bait, but as it went on and got more involved I was very impressed. A great story, well-told, with an uncompromising plot. Weird film. It's stuck with me a few days!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 7, 2019 11:47 AM

It is pretty unique. Everyone I know loves it. There is so much attention to details in that wealthy home: the lights, food, dishes, books.

I wish more directors would storyboard their shots like Bong Jon Ho instead of doing the lazy, alternating over the shoulder shots that so many movies have. I also liked that the night scenes weren't just blue and rainy like many American movies. The movie is great example of design and camera work coming together. The actors are all great, too.

by Anonymousreply 1October 25, 2019 1:28 AM

Will win the Oscar

by Anonymousreply 2October 25, 2019 1:44 AM

I don't like 3D movies but I'd be curious to see Demi Moore

by Anonymousreply 3October 25, 2019 1:55 AM

Am I supposed to feel sorry for these people?

I get they’re trying to make social commentary on classism. But I don’t like any of the characters in the film, so I don’t care for the film.

If there was any justice, the smelly Mr. Kim would have been stabbed.

by Anonymousreply 4December 4, 2019 5:27 PM

hated the ending. would have been great as satire/black comedy about classism

by Anonymousreply 5December 4, 2019 5:31 PM

There are some very stupid people in this thread who didn't have the intelligence to understand this film.

by Anonymousreply 6December 4, 2019 5:34 PM

This is what is out there and Hollywood is good at stealing the ideas.

by Anonymousreply 7December 4, 2019 5:38 PM

What's the audience like? I'd like to see it but I don't like to go to the movie theater anymore (I've overheard that I have a gigantic head).

by Anonymousreply 8December 4, 2019 5:51 PM

Yes. Will win Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 9December 7, 2019 11:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!