Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I don't get this. Glenn Greenwald defends Tulsi against Hillary? Please unpack this.

Request no invective against any of these players. Only analysis and reasoning thank you. Of course one has no control over the Russian bots and trolls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41November 19, 2019 7:44 PM

Is that a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 1October 20, 2019 7:56 PM

His Brazilian beachwhore did well out of all of this.

by Anonymousreply 2October 20, 2019 7:57 PM

Greenwald is a Russian asset and disseminates propaganda ....thats all you need to know.

by Anonymousreply 3October 20, 2019 7:59 PM

Oh for heaven’s sake. Is no political discussion allowed? Can people really not imagine being able to disagree about certain policy issues and still be civil to one another?

It seems awfully totalitarian to have the opinion that “Everyone who disagrees with me is a Russian agent!“

Are people’s egos really so fragile?

by Anonymousreply 4October 20, 2019 11:03 PM

Grunwald has been NUTS for at least a decade! NEXT!

by Anonymousreply 5October 20, 2019 11:12 PM

If youve been paying attention to whats going on in our government, you wouldnt make such a dismissive statement. While youre at it, ask Reality Winner WHY shes in prison. It is well known that Glenn Greenwald is on Putins payroll. It has absolutely nothing to do with policy issues.

by Anonymousreply 6October 20, 2019 11:13 PM

R4, it's not that “Everyone who disagrees with me is a Russian agent!“ it's that people keep posting about people known, by fact, to have Russian connections or sympathies.

by Anonymousreply 7October 20, 2019 11:17 PM

Greenwald is just an anarchist. He wants the whole planet to crumble and he becomes Queen of Planet Earth.

by Anonymousreply 8October 21, 2019 2:16 AM

He was great when he was going after Joe Klein and other neocon supporters in the 2000s. Gradually his tunnel vision and monomania took over, and he became adept at straw man arguments to discredit the charge of Russian interference.

by Anonymousreply 9October 21, 2019 2:31 AM

R4 has miraculously disappeared, the sure sign of a troll.

by Anonymousreply 10October 21, 2019 2:35 AM

r4 is there for me. If you can't see it, then you must be a pussy with your settings at "delicate flower."

by Anonymousreply 11October 21, 2019 2:38 AM

And you must be a fucking asshole know-it-all, R11, as I've never adjusted my settings for any jack ass troll such as yourself because you're so blatantly obvious and so patently stupid, it's quite easy to dismiss you and your ilk as morons.

by Anonymousreply 12October 21, 2019 2:43 AM

The default setting is halfway between pussy and asbestos eyeballs. If you've never adjuusted your settings, you're probably half-pussy.

by Anonymousreply 13October 21, 2019 3:53 AM

R8 r9 My thoughts have been similar. But why would an anarchist align with an authoritarian? Or a critic of the neoliberals do the same?

I still don't get it. Has there been proof that he's being paid by Russia? I thought he, had a backer for the Intercept

by Anonymousreply 14October 21, 2019 5:51 AM

Beats me R14, but all you need to do is google 'Glenn Greenwald Russia' and you'll find plenty of examples of him spouting Trumpian talking points about a fake Russia investigation, and that's not even counting his constant attacks on Democrats, and demonizing Hillary Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 16November 16, 2019 12:39 AM

There is a certain segment of the left that thinks that all of the Democratic Party is so corrupt, so evil, so warmongering, so beholden to the rich that we need to shake things up with various loons and cultists and clowns. They have a case about the corruption, but they go overboard thinking that somebody like Tulsi, a weird little cult member with mysterious connections to neofascist Hindus and Middle Eastern dictators is some kind of savior to this terribly corrupt party. And they generally have bought into the whole Deep State thing. Again, they are not entirely wrong that there is corruption in the CIA, the FBI, the whole national security state, but they think loons and clowns and fucked up cultists are somehow the answer.

by Anonymousreply 17November 16, 2019 12:44 AM

Glenn Greenwald is an absolute hack of the first order. What sort of leftist goes on Tucker Carlson? What sort of leftist hates liberals more than he hates Trump? He lucked out with the Snowden story. Period. That made him. The perception of him changed from whack job blogger to credible journalist. He gets paid high six figures at The Intercept which is a joke because there are actual journalists who can't get a gig. Of course Greenwald would love Tulsi - she's a fraud and an opportunist just like he is.

by Anonymousreply 18November 16, 2019 12:52 AM

Oops LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 16, 2019 12:59 AM

Glen or Glenda?

by Anonymousreply 20November 18, 2019 9:29 AM

[quote]Please unpack this.

Please be luggage or groceries if you want to be unpacked.

by Anonymousreply 21November 18, 2019 9:40 AM

Greenwald is gay and cute - so he’s right.

by Anonymousreply 22November 18, 2019 10:55 AM

Greenwald is another Russian stooge who got made without knowing it.

by Anonymousreply 23November 18, 2019 11:02 AM

I will never forgive Greenwald for what he did to Reality Winner.

He can't be trusted. And he almost certainly reads Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 24November 18, 2019 11:05 AM

[quote]It seems awfully totalitarian to have the opinion that “Everyone who disagrees with me is a Russian agent!“

Nobody has that opinion.

Whoever R4 is, and whoever the guy who still, to this day, claims that there was no Russian interference and insists there's never been any evidence of it, are some of our sketchier trolls.

by Anonymousreply 25November 18, 2019 11:12 AM

[quote] I will never forgive Greenwald ... And he almost certainly reads Datalounge.

Does that make David Michael Miranda an accomplice? DAVID, if you’re reading this too, call me! I, for one, will forgive you EVERYTHING! A beautiful face is never wrong in my book :)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 18, 2019 11:20 AM

[quote] Does that make David Michael Miranda an accomplice?

That depends, R26, is he a Dem hating, Russian boot-licker?

by Anonymousreply 27November 18, 2019 5:18 PM

Don't know but if one believes this thread, he's married to one :).

by Anonymousreply 28November 18, 2019 6:49 PM

If you watched Susan Rice on Real Time, she essentially confirmed Tulsi is at least in some way associated with Russian influence. She didn't say it exactly, but as a former National Security advisor to the President, she knows how to choose her words carefully and with diplomacy. Tulsi's behavior on The View and on Tucker Carlson only seemed to confirm this--it's the very specific way she goes about denying an association with Russia that sets off all sorts of red flags. If Trump wasn't in the White House, we'd probably be in the midst of another Congressional investigation into the influence that Putin has over some of our elected officials. It's more than them just sharing a worldview.

by Anonymousreply 29November 18, 2019 7:32 PM

[quote]Tulsi's behavior on The View and on Tucker Carlson only seemed to confirm this

As did her very APPEARANCE on Tucker Carlson's show.

by Anonymousreply 30November 18, 2019 7:41 PM

Is she the one that gets seizures?

by Anonymousreply 31November 18, 2019 7:43 PM

Susan Rice is a well-known Russian asset and has been for years. Her attempts to point the finger at Tulsi Gabbard are nothing more than deflection.

by Anonymousreply 32November 18, 2019 7:56 PM

Source, R32?

by Anonymousreply 33November 18, 2019 8:41 PM

r32 Tulsi Gabbard is an insane, anti-gay, power-hungry asshole, just like Trump. Why are you defending her?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34November 18, 2019 8:47 PM

Ummm Greenwald is a “left” libertarian. He’s not an anarchist in any way, shape or form.

by Anonymousreply 35November 18, 2019 8:51 PM

Russian trolls are supporting Tulsi Gabbard. What a surprise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36November 19, 2019 4:13 PM

Greenwald obviously loves the attention he gets for championing people like Assange and Gabbard. I wish Amy Goodman on Democracy Now did not provide him with a platform to spew his idiotic opinions. Are Greenwald, and Assange and Gabbard Russian "assets"? I don't know, but I do know that all three are shameless opportunists and not to be trusted. BTW, it isn't just that Tulsi Gabbard was (maybe is) anti LGBTQ, but that she and her father spearheaded a political campaign opposing marriage equality in Hawaii and that it bolstered her political career. I will never support her. And she needs to lose the pancake makeup.

by Anonymousreply 37November 19, 2019 4:33 PM

the irony is that everything Hillary warned about Tulsi seems to be coming true.

Russian bots stepped up their support for Tulsi. It's been reported that Tulsi is considering an independent run...

by Anonymousreply 38November 19, 2019 4:57 PM

Exactly R37. I like Democracy Now a lot but they lose credibility by hosting GG.

by Anonymousreply 39November 19, 2019 5:18 PM

[quote] And she needs to lose the pancake makeup.

That's not going to happen any time soon.

by Anonymousreply 40November 19, 2019 6:58 PM

Tulsi's independent run is Russia's 3rd best option. In current order 1) Keep Pence in lock step with Ukraine in case the impeachment goes south, very quickly, 2) Promote their asset Tulsi as the Democratic candidate and 3) Fund Tulsi as an independent candidate and siphon off votes from the Democratic candidate to help Trump

by Anonymousreply 41November 19, 2019 7:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!