Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

NERDS REJOICE! AMC is doing a 27 hour long Star Wars Marathon

You can watch every Star Wars film, sans Rogue One and Solo.

You also get to see The Rise of Skywalker before anyone else!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88December 18, 2019 9:03 AM

It will cost $100

by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2019 2:23 AM

r1 Seriously?

by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2019 2:25 AM

The movie theaters are doing this, too.

Without commercial interruption.

by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2019 2:27 AM

But will Greedo shoot first?

by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2019 2:27 AM

They'd have to pay me to sit through Attack of the Clones again.

by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2019 2:29 AM

R2 yes. It cost $100

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2019 2:31 AM

I don't know if I could sit through the horrible middle again, I would have to nap through those.

by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2019 2:38 AM

I’d rather watch the syndicated sitcom 9 to 5 and pluck my anal hairs

by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2019 2:40 AM

I think they’re showing them from Episode 1-Episode 9, in that order.

by Anonymousreply 9October 22, 2019 2:40 AM

Oh, even better, I can show up late.

by Anonymousreply 10October 22, 2019 2:42 AM

R10 this is the order of showing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 22, 2019 2:46 AM

Yes, what r9 said. Starting at episode 1 and going in the order they are numbered.

by Anonymousreply 12October 22, 2019 2:48 AM

I was going through my youtube history and deleting everything I am not interested in. I could not believe how much shit I looked at for Rogue One before it came out. Fast forward three years and Episode 9 is coming out. I have zero interest in knowing or seeing anything about this SJW shitfest. They have destroyed the series in such a short time. I really hope Jar Jar's shitfest bombs. The nerds et al need to boycott.

by Anonymousreply 13October 27, 2019 8:13 PM

I’ll be watching for one reason and one reason only.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 27, 2019 8:16 PM

What kind of marathon takes a sleep break? Lame.

by Anonymousreply 15October 27, 2019 8:19 PM

[quote]I have zero interest in knowing or seeing anything about this SJW shitfest.

Too many girls and coloureds for your liking, eh?

by Anonymousreply 16October 27, 2019 8:22 PM

R16 O fuck off, cunt. SJWs are universally hated by anyone who is not a fucking retard. The fucking scumbags in HW are pushing the ridiculous SJW agenda in almost every movie but thankfully the only ones who will see these shitfests are SJWs themselves. They are not intelligent in any way and certainly don't have much of an income so these movies will rightfully fail. Like the so-called Terminator reboot only made 13 million internationally this weekend. Huge failure. People are smart enough not to fall for or support their fucking garbage. Meanwhile a movie that is not SJW crap, Joker, has hit 850 million this weekend, well on the way to hitting a billion soon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 27, 2019 8:29 PM

R17 what makes Star Wars SJW shit? I’m confused.

They have always had women and people of color... so I’m confused how now it’s SJW shit...

by Anonymousreply 18October 27, 2019 8:31 PM

R17 Ah, I see one of the insane brainwashed Joker trolls that have recently invaded the DL has arrived once again to bark up the wrong tree and push political connotations onto a film that was designed to appeal to any fucking group so that no matter what side you’re on you think it supports your views and well... cha-ching! Don’t you have one of your own threads to go spread propagandized support for your shitty film onto?

by Anonymousreply 19October 27, 2019 9:02 PM

What SJWs boil down to is girls good~boys bad. Girls have all the power and mastery of everything physical or otherwise~boys are nothing in comparison and should bend over and take whatever these cunts dish out. Blacks or non-whites are everything now~whites are evil and should be ignored or vilified. Gay is good, trannies are good, men who claim to be "women" are good but who are really pedos or sexual deviants always good~anything heterosexual or what used to be considered the silent majority are bad. Blah blah blah. You get the point. SJWs are pushing a divisive agenda where they want everyone to absolutely hate and loathe each other. The elites want to sow discord and hatred. That is the point of the SJW agenda.

by Anonymousreply 20October 27, 2019 10:09 PM

Personally, I'm a fan of the Machete Order for watching the movies: Star Wars, Empire, Clones, Revenge, Return, Force Awakens, TLJ, Rise. (Phantom is narratively irrelevant).

As a small treat, someone updated the original Vader v. Obi Wan light saber fight on the Deathstar. I looks good and is getting a lot of fanboy buzz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21November 7, 2019 1:07 AM

R21 that fight is lame. Only nerds would think otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 22November 7, 2019 2:01 PM

[quote]Only nerds would think otherwise.

Fortunately, the thread is titled "Nerd Rejoice" so I think the video would find an audience in this thread who would appreciate seeing it.

Only the illiterate would think otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 23November 7, 2019 2:41 PM

Yeah right. I doubt there are many genuine nerds on DL. Most nerds are intelligent. Most DLers are not. The stupid thread title means nothing.

by Anonymousreply 24November 7, 2019 3:07 PM

[quote]Most DLers are not.

Given the references to business, literature, science, law, history, and a host of other topics, not to mention the detailed knowledge of arcane grammar rules, there is clearly a sizable DL population who are.

But, you go ahead and keep telling yourself whatever you need to sleep at night.

[quote]The stupid thread title means nothing.

And yet, we persevere with thread titles in the vain attempt to stay on topics.

by Anonymousreply 25November 7, 2019 3:15 PM

Just because a few demonstrate some intelligence doesn't mean they all are. Plus no one with ANY intelligence has any interest in Star Wars anymore. Only morons care about this long dead franchise killed by Kathy K.

by Anonymousreply 26November 7, 2019 3:17 PM

You will go nowhere and meet ALL smart people. Even at Ivy League schools

by Anonymousreply 27November 7, 2019 3:30 PM

[quote]Plus no one with ANY intelligence has any interest in Star Wars anymore.

Many people are excited by the Mandalorian, the new Obi Wan series, and Diego Luna reprising his role as Rebel Alliance spy Cassian Andor.

You can screech about Kennedy and SWJs ruining Star Wars, but anyone with ANY intelligence who is a fan of Star Wars would evaluate each individual project. In all likelihood there will be several more misses in the future along with just enough homeruns to keep their fans coming back.

Of course, you are entitled to your opinion about the quality Star Wars past or present. It's just odd that you find it necessary to impugn the intelligence of people as your only justification for your opinion.

Yes, we get it. We're ALL stupid for not agreeing with you. Does that cover it?

by Anonymousreply 28November 7, 2019 3:33 PM

Oh, before you call me a fanboy, I've been extremely critical in past thread of The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi, and Solo.

Their failures from both a lore and storytelling are legion.

But, like an abused spouse, I will keep coming back and hoping that one or another new entry in the franchise will be good.

by Anonymousreply 29November 7, 2019 3:37 PM

How have SJWs ruined Star Wars? Am I missing something?

by Anonymousreply 30November 7, 2019 3:51 PM

The complaint is that they are supplanting the OGs (Luke, Han, Anakin, even Leia) for a "Mary Sue" like Rey. It is basically the destruction of the original Lucasfilm patriarchy to elevate one all-powerful female. On an even more basic level, they never let the original team get together to hand things off...

Also the "forced diversity" that is either directly or indirectly put into the story, whether it really makes sense or not.

by Anonymousreply 31December 6, 2019 3:37 PM

For fucks's sake.

Star Wars was SJW right from the start. What is Princess Leia but the ultimate limousine liberal? The very first scene in the very first film...is of her limousine. What is the arc of Vader save the collapse of the patriarchy? Why are Lando and Chewbacca and C-3PO and all the rest of them obvious stand-ins for earth-human minorities? What is the message of the Ewoks past "beware the seemingly primitive when you fight them on their home turf a la Vietnam?"

If you can't make a link between those elements and the ones in the newer films you've missed the point a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

by Anonymousreply 32December 6, 2019 4:02 PM

all the films with daisy and bodega are so boring, very miscast.

once they leave Disney land they will be....who?

by Anonymousreply 33December 6, 2019 4:40 PM

Gags, I barely made it thru the first one ages ago. there must be others who abhore this dumb ass series.

'are we not men? or are we cretins?'

by Anonymousreply 34December 6, 2019 4:44 PM

[quote]Gags, I barely made it thru the first one ages ago. there must be others who abhore this dumb ass series.

Then, it probably makes sense for you not to spend $100 to go to a showing like this.

I say this because you didn't seem to have the sense not to open and read a thread about a movie you "abhore" in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 35December 6, 2019 5:06 PM

I can’t wait to see this.

by Anonymousreply 36December 6, 2019 5:39 PM

[quote]these marathons tend to run chronologically by episode order, which means you’ve got a whole big glass of sand to choke down before getting to the good stuff.

Yousa lookin' adda meesa?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37December 6, 2019 7:31 PM

[quote]these marathons tend to run chronologically by episode order, which means you’ve got a whole big glass of sand to choke down before getting to the good stuff.

Some adventurous theater needs to do a showing in the Machete Order which makes the prequels an extended flashback after Vader's big reveal.

A New Hope

Empire

Attack of the Clones

Revenge of the Sith

Return of the Jedi

by Anonymousreply 38December 6, 2019 11:17 PM

Why is that called the Machete order?

by Anonymousreply 39December 6, 2019 11:33 PM

The Machete Order is named after the guy (or technically his blog where he described it) who is credited with coming up with it.

by Anonymousreply 40December 7, 2019 1:23 AM

Rogue One is the best Disney one yet.

by Anonymousreply 41December 7, 2019 3:16 AM

[quote]Rogue One is the best Disney one yet.

Isn't that sort of like being the tallest of the Seven Dwarfs or smartest kid in remedial English?

by Anonymousreply 42December 7, 2019 3:37 AM

I think that order is named after what the fanboys took to Jar Jar and Jake Lloyd.

by Anonymousreply 43December 7, 2019 3:38 AM

I'm always amazed by these cry babies bitching about the new films as of George Lucas didn't ruin the whole Star Wars thing with that stupid prequel trilogy full of teen angst, bad acting, childish names--Count DOOKU? General Grievous? - -laughably stupid villains, and an Emperor who looked like a cold day ballsack. Disney fucking SAVED Star Wars. It may be redundant abd it may have continued and expanded upon the diverse casting of the earlier films but at least these new films actually FEEL like actual Star Wars films, while those hammy prequels are grade B pieces of CGI crap. Go play video games and jack off into your Jar Jar socks.

by Anonymousreply 44December 7, 2019 5:10 AM

The new movies are unoriginal. The Force Awakens is a New Hope reimagined. How fuckin dull! Disney with its fuckin reimagining of shows. Nope. The whole story is riding on the coattails of this "baby Yoda" and the gullible sheep following this mess

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45December 7, 2019 5:26 AM

[quote]at least these new films actually FEEL like actual Star Wars films

They don't to me. They seem washed out and bland in both color and emotional tone, lacking the grandjour of the Lucas directed films.

That being said, I cackled at your description of the Emperor and the comment about the JarJar socks.

by Anonymousreply 46December 7, 2019 6:01 AM

Rumor is that Mary Sue Rey gives a super beat down on Palpatine at the end of Episode 9. After he kills Kylo she rises up and defeats him singlehandedly. Episode 9 will be a huge disaster. No way it could not.

by Anonymousreply 47December 10, 2019 1:01 PM

I think The Rise of Skywalker is going to be the most profitable dumpster fire in history.

There are leaks all over the internet right now saying that the ending is terrible. Also, all three of the new leads have begun to distance themselves from the movies, even while doing promotion for them.

Not matter what, you can tell Disney also thinks it's not going to do well because they are saving money on marketing and promotion - compared to other Star Wars and the likes of Avengers Endgame, the lack of promotion is deafening.

The worst part? I'll go and no matter how bad it is, I'll continue to hope until the end credits roll that it turns around and like Darth Vader, redeems itself. Most people seem to be reveling in the idea that it's going to be terrible and enjoying watching the trainwreck.

Given the choice, I'd rather it be good than be right about how bad it will be.

by Anonymousreply 48December 10, 2019 3:57 PM

Abrams is a hack and franchise killer. He does not have any originality or intelligence in anything he does. His Star Trek movies were some of the worst shit ever put to film. The fact he killed Star Wars with his SJW crap is justice in a way. People in general and the fans got to see how creatively bankrupt Lucasfilm really is. There is absolutely zero interest from anyone in his latest SJW shitfest. I hope it goes the way of Solo and dies a quick death at the theaters.

by Anonymousreply 49December 10, 2019 4:20 PM

Leaked images showing Kylo and Rey fighting with Sheev Palps before he kills Kylo and then Mary Sue takes down her grandpa as it turns out Luke and Leia knew she was an heir to Sheev Palpatine in previous movies. So fucking bad. Awful concepts from Abrams.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50December 10, 2019 6:32 PM

What SJW shit? I am so sick of you going on and on about SJW shit without saying WHAT was so SJW about The new Star Wars...

by Anonymousreply 51December 10, 2019 7:38 PM

R51 if you don't know what it is why would anyone wanna deal with such a doofus.

by Anonymousreply 52December 10, 2019 8:04 PM

[quote]There is absolutely zero interest from anyone in his latest SJW shitfest. I hope it goes the way of Solo and dies a quick death at the theaters.

This is the primary reason there has been such effective pushback and that the ad hominem attacks against criticism citing misogyny and basement dwelling man-child incels as the reason the movies have not done well.

The problem is not, nor has it EVER been a sjw agenda.

The problem with these movies has always been poor storytelling driven by non-existent character development and no character arcs, nothing new or compelling being added to the universe to drive interest an excitement, and a complete disregard for making a fun and entertaining movie.

Had people not harped on sjw agendas and blamed being "woke," there would have been nothing for Kathleen Kennedy et al. to hide behind. They would have been left with crappy movies and no one and nothing to blame but themselves. However, by continuing the sjw narrative, anyone who points out that Rey is a Mary Sue character or that the story and plot points are incoherent at best and outright stupid at worst is branded an incel deplorable.

The movies failed because they are BAD movies, poorly made, not because they tried to cast women, people of color, or show diversity in heroes.

by Anonymousreply 53December 11, 2019 2:07 AM

R53 Nope. You could not be more wrong. Casting the bitches as Mary Sues who can do no wrong and are practically perfect gods is SJW. Throwing diversity hires like the Guatamalan dude and the black dude and giving them absolutely no back story, the Guata dude was supposed to be killed off after 5 minutes in the film so he had absolutely no arc, making the black guy a runaway slave and his job working as a janitor is also SJW. These are diversity hires who meant absolutely nothing to the story. Making all the male characters absolutely stupid eunuchs who are powerless to do anything against the bitches superior....I cannot finish that as the females were nothing as well. People saw through this SJW nonsense which is being pushed in every Hollyturd movie now. That is why the white nerdy males who are the primary fanbase of SW rejected the SJW nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 54December 11, 2019 2:25 AM

I’m confused... is “the black guy”, as r54 says (because he is nameless?) the first ever in Star Wars or something? Nope.

I guess r54 doesn’t know BLACK PEOPLE EXIST.

And The Force Awakens made over $2 billion. In what world is that a “flop”?

by Anonymousreply 55December 11, 2019 3:21 AM

r54 - the fact that you have wholly missed the point of my post demonstrates WHY your screeching calls about "casting bitches" has not achieved it's goal of having Disney re-evaluate both the direction and people involved with the franchise.

Howling like a butthurt man-child having a tantrum can be easily ignored (and obviously has been based on the evidence of the terrible TLJ and rumored dumpster fire of TRoS).

I don't care one iota about whether the heroes are women or whether a very handsome and sexy "Guata" dude (but, you're not a racist, bigot or misogynist, are you) are cast. I care whether we get a good story and interesting characters.

To reiterate my point, the criticisms focusing on sjw or diversity, rather than focusing on poor movie making and terrible characters who are Mary Sues or cartoon villains (like Renn or Hux), reinforces the narratives in the minds of the people making the movies that they're actually on the RIGHT track because the RIGHT people are becoming angry.

Your anger is delicious and sustaining nectar for the likes of Kennedy et al.

Your failure to grasp that you give them an automatic excuse to continue their course is why we're getting the movies we're getting.

by Anonymousreply 56December 11, 2019 3:44 AM

R55 moron, ever since that horrible Force Awakens, the fandom has flushed Disney's SJW crap Star Wars in the toilet. Every movie gets worse and worse, The Last Jedi was the last straw for most now everyone is boycotting it.

by Anonymousreply 57December 11, 2019 6:03 AM

R56 that is the stupidest fucking argument. Besides Empire Strikes Back have ANY of the Star Wars movies been good? Nope. They have mostly been total garbage. Everyone hated the Prequels. Return of the Jedi was just repeating shit from previous movies. Many, including me, liked Rogue One because even thought the first 2/3 are boring, the effects were good and characters so so. Out of all the movies only Empire was great. Rogue1 was better than crap. All the rest have just been crap. So to ask for good movie making from SW is fucking retarded and is never going to happen. Disney's SJW agenda has turned off all the fans and SJWs themselves do not see movies. So they have fucked all their movie going public in the cunt,

by Anonymousreply 58December 11, 2019 6:08 AM

[quote][R56] that is the stupidest fucking argument.

Well, of course, it's a stupid argument - since you're listening to the argument that the voices screaming in your head are making rather than the one I actually wrote.

[quote]Besides Empire Strikes Back have ANY of the Star Wars movies been good? Nope. They have mostly been total garbage. Everyone hated the Prequels. Return of the Jedi was just repeating shit from previous movies.

So, by your reckoning, the majority of the movies were terrible. If that is true, why would ANYONE with a brain think that these new movies would be any good, irrespective of any other consideration?

You, sir, are an idiot if you thought the vast majority of the movies were "total garbage," but then fantasized or somehow thought some new movies would be any better.

You know, the aphorism about insanity - that only an insane person does the same thing over and over, but expects a different result? You've gone to "total garbage" Star Wars movies over and over - but expected a different result.

As previously stated, I'd rather come back here in a week and admit that I was wholly mistaken about the final movie and gush like a fanboy, than say "I told you so" and be right about it being terrible.

by Anonymousreply 59December 11, 2019 4:40 PM

In what possible way have "the movies failed," r53?

Your point of view? That's it?

by Anonymousreply 60December 11, 2019 6:50 PM

Some of you just need to relax and Google Image Search for Jar Jar Binks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61December 11, 2019 6:55 PM

[quote]In what possible way have "the movies failed," [R53]?

You mean other than "poor storytelling driven by non-existent character development and no character arcs, nothing new or compelling being added to the universe to drive interest an excitement, and a complete disregard for making a fun and entertaining movie, "not to mention "terrible characters who are Mary Sues or cartoon villains (like Renn or Hux)."

Nothing at all.

And of course, the opening weekend projects continue to be revised downward. $175-200mm is the latest - compared to Avengers Endgame at $350mm. One of the excuses made by Disney when giving such low estimates is that the opening will be in competition with the SECOND weekend of the Jumanji sequel - in what galaxy far, far away would a STAR WARS movie ever be concerned about what other movies might be opening at the same time, let alone ones in their second weekend of distribution.

by Anonymousreply 62December 11, 2019 8:25 PM

R59 You, sir, are the biggest fucking moron. I would never expect any Star Wars movie to be good when 98% of the already released movies are total shit. Learn how to argue you fucking moron.

by Anonymousreply 63December 11, 2019 11:34 PM

Every STAR WARS movie was a smash hit and most of them got good reviews. The “stories” were perfectly good enough for most people who saw them.

You can’t alter what the rest of the world thinks and does with your cheap Haterade.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64December 11, 2019 11:53 PM

Imagine saying $200 million opening weekend is a flop lmaooo

by Anonymousreply 65December 12, 2019 12:09 AM

Complete summary of the shit show. Lame. They end it with the two setting suns on Tatooine again w Rey proclaiming she is Rey Skywalker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66December 12, 2019 3:20 AM

[quote][R59] You, sir, are the biggest fucking moron. I would never expect any Star Wars movie to be good when 98% of the already released movies are total shit. Learn how to argue you fucking moron.

Perhaps you should take your own advice and learn to structure an argument...or learn to read.

Whichever is easier for you - your choice.

by Anonymousreply 67December 12, 2019 3:27 AM

Girls! Girls! You're BOTH tedious!

by Anonymousreply 68December 12, 2019 3:49 AM

R67 Perhaps you should shut the fuck up. You are a huge moron, bigger than the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd death star.

by Anonymousreply 69December 12, 2019 10:05 AM

[quote][R67] Perhaps you should shut the fuck up. You are a huge moron, bigger than the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd death star.

Perhaps you should as well.

You are aptly illustrating the aphorism: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt."

But, I concur with r68, responding to you has made me as tedious as I find you to be.

by Anonymousreply 70December 12, 2019 4:35 PM

That clip @ r21 is really indulgent and cheesy.

by Anonymousreply 71December 12, 2019 4:58 PM

R70 Perhaps you should kill yourself, moron.

by Anonymousreply 72December 13, 2019 12:24 AM

[quote][R70] Perhaps you should kill yourself, moron.

Why so angry?

I realize that it can be very frustrating not understanding what other people are talking about or what's going on around you, but you should really consider anger management techniques.

It's okay that you're not that bright and had to resort to name calling and lashing out because you had no thoughtful ideas to contribute to the discussion. Some people simply don't have the capacity for a detailed discussion.

I wish I had more time to explain things using words you understand, but alas, I fear I simply don't care whether you wallow in your own stupidity and deep, dark pools of anger.

by Anonymousreply 73December 13, 2019 8:00 PM

R73 Brain dead fucktards like you are exactly why SW sucks these days. Morons like you put together this brain dead trilogy. There was no plan or purpose to anything in the Disney trilogy that anyone considers to be canon. Keep on cunting, fucktard.

by Anonymousreply 74December 13, 2019 8:24 PM

What is the fucking issue?? There have always been strong women in SW. There have been black people. I’m not seeing what the crying is about.

by Anonymousreply 75December 13, 2019 8:33 PM

[quote][R73] Brain dead fucktards like you are exactly why SW sucks these days. Morons like you put together this brain dead trilogy. There was no plan or purpose to anything in the Disney trilogy that anyone considers to be canon. Keep on cunting, fucktard.

Your tenuous grasp of reality appears not to have noticed that I am, in fact, not a fan of the new trilogy and have stated so.

Your poor reading comprehension skills have driven you to draw the absolutely wrong conclusions based on your inability to track during a simple discussion.

I condole you on what must be a miserable life wallowing in anger and railing against a world you cannot understand, yet wonder why people are more successful and happier than you are.

by Anonymousreply 76December 14, 2019 2:19 AM

R76 is going to see Rise of Skywalker 100 times because she is the biggest retard of mankind.

by Anonymousreply 77December 14, 2019 5:10 PM

am I on the wrong planet?

these movies are moronic, repetitive, boring and senile.

by Anonymousreply 78December 15, 2019 7:17 AM

sounds as bad as watching the Hallmark channel for 27 hrs....

by Anonymousreply 79December 15, 2019 9:41 AM

Some more leaks from another Twitter user who went to the premiere u/skyyllark2h The username is CallMeBenSwolo on Twitter.

Here's what they've said so far (will be editing as they post more):

- Some more confirmation that, yes, Kylo dies after his redemption. Kylo revives Rey. They smile at each other, she says "Ben" and they kiss. Kylo disappears like Luke when he dies. They do not say "I love you."

- Rey is the granddaughter of Grandpapa Palps. Takes the name Rey Skywalker at the end (whole Tatooine scene is true). Rey having BB8 at the end isn't explained. Finn & Poe are alive, but they are not with her in the final scene.

- Leia and Kylo have no scenes together. Rey stabs Kylo during their fight at the same moment Leia dies. Rey cries and heals him after.

- Han is in the movie. Anakin's voice IS in the movie. Hayden voiced Anakin.

- "You can't hide, Rey. Not from me." -line from Kylo.

- "Kylo holds her sweetly when he brings her back to life," and says the force bond is stronger than ever.

- Jannah isn't confirmed to be Lando's daughter. Poe lives. Knights of Ren are hardly in the movie (I'm assuming they only appear in the helmet repair scene and when Rey & Kylo fight them). Doesn't remember KoR having any dialogue.

- " No they don't really fight [Palpatine]. Yes he shoots lightning into the sky"

- Nobody ends up with anyone in a romantic sense at the end of the movie.

- Movie doesn't explain how Palpatine is back. Palpatine created Snoke and there are a couple tanks with Snoke clones in them. Nothing else is explained.

- Kylo's reaction to seeing Rey dead: "Panicked and hurt. It was well acted but still so awkward because of pacing.

- After the redemption, Ben doesn't have any lines. Apparently his character overally doesn't have as many lines in this movie. (Lots of people talking about this part: I doubt he has way less dialogue because he's one of the main characters and has a ton of scenes with Rey.)

- About Reylo moments: " There were honestly moments that could have been so hot if they'd been handled better. They way they talked to each other was kinda 'wink wink' and the force bond was really strong so that was cool"

- Only the force ghosts of Luke & Leia are at the end.

- Leia's last word is "Ben"

- "First [Palpatine] wants Rey to kill him, then when she doesn't, Rey just reflects his lightning back at him until he dies. They don't fight Palps. Ben gets yeeted into the Pit"

- Answering what Palpatine does in the movie (kinda vague): "He does nothing but talk shit to Kylo who doesnt listen to him anyway. But Ian's performance was still great."

- "Luke's ghost appeared to catch Rey's saber when she tried to throw it away."

- Hux is RIP. He was revealed as a spy because he basically wanted to tear Kylo down. He helps Finn & Poe escape. Gets killed by Pryde.

- Rey fought Dark Rey, which was a vision, for a little bit then the vision disappeared. This sequence is on the wreckage of the Death Star.

- "The opening scene is actually the Kylo on the red planet scene and it has little added context! He is there to get a way finder to Sith Land, and immediately arrives there and it goes right into the scenes from the Kylo tv spot. That's literally the opening of the movie."

- Rose and Rey didn't speak to each other.

- About the LGBT moment in the movie: " That woman that is close to Leia and Holdo? She kisses a woman in the background at the end."

- Ben says to Rey: "You wanted to take my hand." And Rey responds to the comment later in another scene by saying, "I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand."

- Says it's implied that Finn is going to confess his feelings for Rey (their interpretation), but it doesn't happen. Rey confides in Finn and prefers him over Poe because she doesn't get along with him.

- Han appears to Kylo and they have a very similar conversation as the TFA bridge moment (even some exact dialogue). Ben says "You're just a memory".

The rest of this is on Reddit if you wanna read more.

by Anonymousreply 80December 17, 2019 10:58 AM

^^^ most of the leaks that appeared weeks and months ago appear to be supported by additional information provided in interviews, trailers, and "inside" sources. However, there have been numerous re-shoots and edits to the film, so there are key points that will likely change.

Apparently, there are multiple versions with different endings, and the final release was only recently picked (editing and re-shoots were occurring well into November).

The plot points listed above sound truly terrible and horrible fan fiction written by someone who lacks basic understanding of character development, plot, story, and how to turn a scene - melodrama at its lowest.

by Anonymousreply 81December 17, 2019 12:34 PM

Holy crap.

From the Hollywood premiere filled with "friendly" media

Scott Mendelson from Forbes.

[quote]At worst, I expected #TheRiseOfSkywalker to be a well made movie that I didn't like or whose story choices I disagreed with. I was not expecting a genuinely bad movie with video game plotting, thin characters, weak action and endless exposition of no consequence. Heartbreaking...

by Anonymousreply 82December 17, 2019 4:55 PM

[quote]About the LGBT moment in the movie: " That woman that is close to Leia and Holdo? She kisses a woman in the background at the end."

Much to DL's chagrin, no doubt. I was informed just the other day in The Expanse thread - just like every season before - that we don't actually need homos in sci-fi (well, space fantasy in SW's case) because it's not "relevant to the story." 😩

by Anonymousreply 83December 17, 2019 5:14 PM

[quote]Much to DL's chagrin, no doubt. I was informed just the other day in The Expanse thread - just like every season before - that we don't actually need homos in sci-fi (well, space fantasy in SW's case) because it's not "relevant to the story."

If Kathleen Kennedy of Lucasfilm is going to jam movies full of various diversity and inclusion, raising the ire of segments of fans, she's certainly not going to do it for the gays.

by Anonymousreply 84December 17, 2019 8:59 PM

Gays are the biggest minority

by Anonymousreply 85December 17, 2019 9:09 PM

I don’t know where R46 gets his delusions of grandjour, Laserbrain!

by Anonymousreply 86December 17, 2019 9:10 PM

[quote]Finn & Poe are alive, but they are not with her in the final scene.

Because they were off somewhere together, no doubt

by Anonymousreply 87December 18, 2019 3:47 AM

As of now 7 of the top 10 top critics on Rotten Tomatoes have given it rotten scores. At least now they don't have to pretend to like it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88December 18, 2019 9:03 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!