Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is therapist saying unhelpful things to me?

recently in a stressed out state I realized I didn’t want to talk on the phone with/or see an ex boyfriend. It’s been 2 years since we’ve seen each other/hooked up. So I blocked him which I’d done a bit over a year ago but had called him about something in April so we’d been taking and he invited me to stay in November. This time was different as I felt he was like poison. so I told the therapist and the response was “that’s what you said last year.” However I had described it as a much darker feeling this time and felt something had really shifted. my old psychologist retired and I recall a time I thought I wanted to see this guy but changed my mind and was told “thank God you came to your senses” which was a better type of feedback for me. wondering do I just talk this out with the current therapistor find a different therapist?

by Anonymousreply 12October 19, 2019 4:04 AM

My advice is you must move out of the country. Now.

by Anonymousreply 1October 18, 2019 11:41 PM

So you want someone who will pat you on the head rather than challenge you?

From your story, it sounds like you are repeating things. You blocked him over a year ago. So what is "darker" and "shifted." It sounds like you are ready to block him again.

by Anonymousreply 2October 18, 2019 11:45 PM

Therapists are supposed to challenge you to help you empower yourself to make helpful decisions. If someone is toxic and has been in the past, they’re most likely going to continue to be toxic.

by Anonymousreply 3October 18, 2019 11:47 PM

Oh I did block him.

by Anonymousreply 4October 18, 2019 11:51 PM

^recently and was proud.

by Anonymousreply 5October 18, 2019 11:53 PM

This thread is so stupid that I'm blocking it.

by Anonymousreply 6October 18, 2019 11:56 PM

Block the ex, delete the number from your phone and move on. Don't look back, again. Progress, don't regress, OP

by Anonymousreply 7October 19, 2019 12:00 AM

I suggest you attend night school to learn basic capitalization and punctuation. Correct communication may bring you clarity of thought, which you sorely lack.

by Anonymousreply 8October 19, 2019 12:02 AM

Let me use this shitty thread to ask some questions that are important to me:

- how do I block a thread?

- how do I quote, bold, and italicize here on DL?

- what does EST mean?

by Anonymousreply 9October 19, 2019 12:05 AM

If I delete his number can’t he just call me again?

by Anonymousreply 10October 19, 2019 2:02 AM

Locate the contact you want to block. Scroll to the bottom of the contact's info screen to touch “Block This Caller,” followed by “Block Contact.” Then, tap “Edit,” followed by “Delete Contact” to remove the person from your contacts.

by Anonymousreply 11October 19, 2019 2:10 AM

R4, that's what you said last year.

by Anonymousreply 12October 19, 2019 4:04 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!