Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Meghan Markel Opens Up About Her Mental Health

after so much negative press.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178October 20, 2019 1:35 PM

Such a bad actresses.

by Anonymousreply 1October 18, 2019 8:37 PM

And I thought I had problems!!!

by Anonymousreply 2October 18, 2019 8:55 PM

WTF?!

by Anonymousreply 3October 18, 2019 9:04 PM

Spare us her bullshit please. She ditched two husbands for this. Boo fucking hoo. Bitch has a fake sad because no one likes her. She did it to herself.

by Anonymousreply 4October 18, 2019 9:07 PM

Very brave..

by Anonymousreply 5October 18, 2019 9:08 PM

I'm one of the most priviledged people on the planet , let me tell you peasants how hard my life is .

by Anonymousreply 6October 18, 2019 10:10 PM

Say,Smegs, how's your dad feeling?

by Anonymousreply 7October 18, 2019 10:11 PM

Has she been divorced once or twice?

by Anonymousreply 8October 18, 2019 10:33 PM

She's not OK.

This is news?

by Anonymousreply 9October 18, 2019 10:42 PM

Dig the fake British accent she’s trying to slip in, it’s barely noticeable but she’s clearly been practicing.

by Anonymousreply 10October 18, 2019 10:51 PM

Someone on another thread suggested that I post this here as they thought it would make sense.

Tulsi's esponse is trending on Twitter

Fucking Meghan

It's ALWAYS about her.

Orange Twittler is betraying allies and getting closer to impeachment, the leading candidates are picking up steam and

PAY ATTENTION TO ME! YOUR FORMER CO-PRESIDENT!!

I'M GOING TO START A BEEF WITH A CANDIDATE FEW OF YOU HAVE EVEN HEARD OF!!

LET'S MAKE TRUMP LOOKS NOT-THAT-INSANE

ME! ME! ME! ME!

by Anonymousreply 11October 18, 2019 11:11 PM

How nice to use the poor people in South Africa as the prop for their pity party.

by Anonymousreply 12October 19, 2019 12:59 AM

At least she doesn’t play the race card. I personally like her. It’s unfair treatment

by Anonymousreply 13October 19, 2019 1:10 AM

I think she definitely uses the race card through her surrogates, r13 - and that includes Harry.

by Anonymousreply 14October 19, 2019 2:20 AM

Just to be clear I am NOT among those who believe nonsense conspiracy theories about her - when I say "Surrogate" I mean her public messaging surrogates (Omar, The Clooneys, etc, etc)

by Anonymousreply 15October 19, 2019 2:21 AM

Her little nosey looks like it’s going to pull a Michael Jackson and crumble off her face.

by Anonymousreply 16October 19, 2019 4:54 AM

I guess "Hit the ground running" didn't quite work out.

by Anonymousreply 17October 19, 2019 8:45 AM

Markle brought on mush of the criticism all on her own:

Stupid things, but nonetheless, rarely or never wearing British designer clothes when at a special event. Insisting on privacy and not letting the public know the kid's godparents. When the British taxpayer spends $4 million to renovate your house...get the fuck out of bed, put a smile on your face and take a goddamn photo...and don't make everyone wait three days. Flying to NYC for a baby shower with her so-called "best friends" who she barely knows. Feuding with Will and Kate...not a good idea when it looks like you're to blame.

by Anonymousreply 18October 19, 2019 8:54 AM

Looks like the global campaign of hate is having an effect. She's quite a contender; she's lasted longer than most. I know I would have crumpled at the first body-shaming comment.

by Anonymousreply 19October 19, 2019 9:00 AM

[quote]I'm one of the most priviledged people on the planet , let me tell you peasants how hard my life is .

I would rater be a peasant, fame would suck.

by Anonymousreply 20October 19, 2019 9:02 AM

When I saw #weloveyouMeghan trending on twitter with a quote from her -something like "no one asked me how I'm doing", I remember think DL was going to have a field day with this one and yet - only 18 replies...

Based on this tepid response, perhaps #Meghanwho? should be trending

Harry really did marry his mum; it's only a matter of time before suicide attempts, eating disorders and other attention seeking behaviors come into play. It actually almost makes me feel sorry for the other royals in that, whatever they do, it will never be enough with this one. Eventually, it will come to light the kind of person she really is, but in the mean time, she's going to make their life hell - which will be particularly difficult once QEII dies & a lot of goodwill goes with her.

by Anonymousreply 21October 19, 2019 9:02 AM

R4 marry me

by Anonymousreply 22October 19, 2019 9:14 AM

Meghan is nothing like Diana emotionally.

Diana sort of drifted towards the end, but she learned toughness and manipulation. Meghan is tough and manipulative (and I'm not saying that as bad thing - you do what you need to do) and focused. She thinks she can change the BRF - possibly she can.

But she needs to FUNDAMENTALLY change her game plan - it's not working. Those who love her, love her; the haters hate... But the undecideds are not being won over.

by Anonymousreply 23October 19, 2019 9:17 AM

I don't think MM can win any hearts or minds at this point. When people have made up their mind about you, anything you do is confirmatory evidence. She can't do right for doing wrong now, so she might as well do as she likes and not even try to fit in or make amends. She can just turn up or not turn up as she pleases, insist on privacy, spend and wear whatever she fancies, hang out with the people of her choosing, take as many private jets as are on offer. When you think you have nothing, you act as if you have nothing to lose.

by Anonymousreply 24October 19, 2019 9:26 AM

I know. It's too late.

This is a genuine shame. Everyone I know was so happy to see (formerly) beloved Harry married to someone he clearly loves.... We all celebrated in the pub. Everyone absentmindedly had high hopes for the two, and never gave a thought,

We NONE of us EVER imagined all this unneeded drama. It's actually tragic, because the people of the UK now hate them both. Both of them.

And there was no need for any of that. But now the public do loathe them, and there is absolutely no going back for them.

Not EVER.

by Anonymousreply 25October 19, 2019 10:20 AM

Karma's a bitch sweetheart!

by Anonymousreply 26October 19, 2019 10:29 AM

One does not talk about one's feelings in public nor does one ever grants interviews. I knew this common negress would bring us into ill repute.

by Anonymousreply 27October 19, 2019 10:32 AM

She should have known what she was in for

by Anonymousreply 28October 19, 2019 10:34 AM

R24, isn’t that convenient? “No one likes me because I’m a snobby cunt, so why should I try not to be one? I’ll just be a snobby cunt because I can’t win!”

by Anonymousreply 29October 19, 2019 10:37 AM

What, r27. Do you know about Queen Charlotte?

by Anonymousreply 30October 19, 2019 10:37 AM

No, r27 doesn't WANT to know about Queen Charlotte because that might create a genuine flaw in r27's whole reason for liking Meghan, as in, racism.

by Anonymousreply 31October 19, 2019 10:41 AM

Poor Meghan. Those racist beasts ostracize her. Won’t even sit near her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32October 19, 2019 10:43 AM

yeah, but how many of those empty seats were purchased by Markel/royal family so she didn't have to sit next to anyone?

by Anonymousreply 33October 19, 2019 10:45 AM

r31 Shouldn't that be 'reason for NOT liking Meghan, as in, racism.?' I also think it was intended as a joke, referring to the royal family's track record on racism.

by Anonymousreply 34October 19, 2019 10:49 AM

Meghan honey, we couldn't hear you. You live under the flight path in a noisy little cottage.

by Anonymousreply 35October 19, 2019 11:03 AM

R33, paying spectators were forced out of their seats. One of the organisers was quoted as saying: "It was a nightmare. She was a nightmare."

by Anonymousreply 36October 19, 2019 11:08 AM

Cunt

by Anonymousreply 37October 19, 2019 11:13 AM

I've always thought that the royal family, trappings and all, is a gilded cage. I'd never want to experience that level of scrutiny, not for anything.

by Anonymousreply 38October 19, 2019 11:15 AM

I am the one and only MM.

by Anonymousreply 39October 19, 2019 11:17 AM

Well done, Meg!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40October 19, 2019 11:23 AM

Kate fit in. But this is not Markle's thing.

by Anonymousreply 41October 19, 2019 11:34 AM

The thing is, R27, she stubbornly believes that her actions are correct and she is entitled to perform them, whether it's insisting on privacy, wearing and spending what she wants and all the rest mentioned in R24. She didn't expect this deluge of condemnation and is hurt and offended by it. She blames it all on racism and xenophobia.

As far as I can see, the only thing she is entitled to do is ghost her family, although from a PR perspective, that is a big mistake.

by Anonymousreply 42October 19, 2019 11:35 AM

Should have indicated my sarcasm. Point was that she isolates herself and then complains about it, accusing people of racism or misogyny.

Always the victim.

by Anonymousreply 43October 19, 2019 11:53 AM

R35 made me LOL.

by Anonymousreply 44October 19, 2019 11:55 AM

CNN just ran a little nugget on it. I was watching for bias, but it was a factual little nugget, neither sympathetic nor critical toward MM.

I suppose the fact that they ran the clip of her “thanks for asking about ME” could be construed as sympathetic, but whatever.

by Anonymousreply 45October 19, 2019 11:58 AM

He life has absolutely no bearing on mine, therefore I care not what she does.

At best I am a disinterested bystander in another country.

by Anonymousreply 46October 19, 2019 12:04 PM

What we’re seeing from both of them is the classic effects of narcissistic injury. Nothing is their fault, it’s all everyone else.

Their little sob stories are not prompted by sadness...it’s anger and rage that’s driving them.

They have brought all of this on themselves & it’s only going to get worse until they do the UK & BRF the favour of fucking off.

by Anonymousreply 47October 19, 2019 12:04 PM

What I don't get is ... what is she talking about? Tabloids are gonna tabloid, she isn't the only one who gets it from them. And why should she care what Daily Mail commenters and Piers Morgan are saying--they say shit about everyone. In general, the UK press has been very kind to her. One can only conclude that she's playing for sympathy, PR and Diana comparisons from the US audience.

by Anonymousreply 48October 19, 2019 12:06 PM

R48 no Diana comparison to be made. They actually got to come to her funeral. Megz wouldn’t have that.

by Anonymousreply 49October 19, 2019 12:12 PM

Megs doesn't want kind. That's for suckers. Megs wants ADULATION. Total and complete ADULATION.

by Anonymousreply 50October 19, 2019 12:13 PM

I don’t understand why people felt entitled to see Meghan posing with her newborn baby on the steps of the hospital and were offended when she didn’t. I get that they are paying millions for her home renovation, fine, demand that Meghan now have to open a grocery isle at your local Tesco, but this? Imagine having haemorrhoid surgery and being told that couple hours after that you have to squeeze into tights and heels and pose for the pictures! Just because Kate does it, doesn’t mean everyone else has to.

by Anonymousreply 51October 19, 2019 12:16 PM

No one wants to even see your Meg

by Anonymousreply 52October 19, 2019 12:23 PM

R51, that was several stunts ago, and her refusal to pose with her baby was one facet of it. We are well past it, though I thank you for another example of the “look at me, no don’t look at me” game she plays.

by Anonymousreply 53October 19, 2019 12:25 PM

Don't expect that game to end, She thinks she's playing Game of Thrones.

by Anonymousreply 54October 19, 2019 12:28 PM

R51 it wasn’t that people felt ‘entitled’ to see MM posing outside the hospital ‘just because Kate does it’, but let’s just think for a little minute about the quid pro quo here. We have a lovely biggish wedding by commoner standards with a nice little carriage ride to follow, with the peasant folk lining the streets and mostly cheering. That’s the quid - and plenty of them - the quo then is posing with the newborn, and it doesn’t have to be four hours after giving birth, but the time she chooses to leave hospital. And, in addition - Kate didn’t start that tradition. Princess Anne did.

by Anonymousreply 55October 19, 2019 12:34 PM

R151 What do you think the point of the Royal Family is? Do you think we forked out £35m on their wedding because they are such lovely people?

They are a family who, in return for the titles, unimaginable privilege, riches, 24 hour security, palaces and tax-payer funded “cottages” live lives of “duty” and “service”. Being too petty to show off the new member of the family in the traditional way is a smack in the face.

As much as the press are going on about Smug & Mug doing things “differently”, there’s no really scope for that.

Their loyalty is supposed to be to the Brits first and foremost - how does trying to be “global humanitarians” fit with that? We’re fucking paying their expenses. And the BRF are not “humanitarians” at all - and don’t pretend to be. Their role is to shine a light on those real humanitarians out there actually making a difference in the world, who do more than dress in Oscar de La Renta and play spot the camera.

Showing off their child is an awfully small price to pay for everything they get in return - and making it all into a messy circus as they did was just offensive to the people who will be paying this kid’s fucking bills until (at least) adulthood.

by Anonymousreply 56October 19, 2019 12:56 PM

Meghan is even more entitled than the Royals.

The reason, and custom, after having the child is to show it for two minutes on the steps is FOR PRIVACY,

Then go home an dandle

by Anonymousreply 57October 19, 2019 12:58 PM

I wish Crown Princess Mary and Princess Marie of Denmark would fly in and give her some advice on how to fit in with a new country, how to get a stiff family of important lineage to like you, and most importantly, how to wear clothes that flatter the figure AND flatter the designers of your adopted country you would love the exposure.

But Me! is way too self absorbed, she’ll only listen to Oprah and Serena.

by Anonymousreply 58October 19, 2019 1:06 PM

If she and Harry so dislike how the BRF conduct things and truly feel they were meant for better and brighter pursuits, that's perfectly fine. Harry ought to renounce his royal title and they can both stop taking money from the British citizens, then. If they are as wonderous and special as they believe they are, they'll have no problem supporting themselves in a similar level of lifestyle, or better.

by Anonymousreply 59October 19, 2019 1:11 PM

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME

The Windsor series really nailed the portrayal of MM quite superbly. This frau is trouble!!! It seems like in their perfect universe, everything is circling around them. Hypocritical fakes!!!

by Anonymousreply 60October 19, 2019 1:14 PM

That’s what I’m saying. It’s one thing to demand ‘service’ and another thing to demand being shown the fruit of her womb as soon as she pushes it out. The former is fair, the latter is sick. Even if her job description included producing the heir to the throne (and Archie is not the heir), it should be their right to decide where and when to show their child. It’s not like they would be able to keep it secret forever.

by Anonymousreply 61October 19, 2019 1:19 PM

It’s a struggle alright!

by Anonymousreply 62October 19, 2019 1:21 PM

My God do you people think that because one has money or royalty they don't have any problems???? you all sound like Trump

by Anonymousreply 63October 19, 2019 1:22 PM

Hello. Judge my nude photos on sex gay dating site - socgay.club (username Niko)

by Anonymousreply 64October 19, 2019 1:28 PM

Hoe at R64

by Anonymousreply 65October 19, 2019 1:29 PM

I wonder what exactly Harry saw in her? Perhaps it was her coarseness ,he was attracted to.

by Anonymousreply 66October 19, 2019 1:46 PM

R61 But it’s the way they went about it. Playing cat and mouse with the press, announcing she was in labour eight hours after he was born, saying they wanted privacy but sending out press packs arranging for the media to wait in pens in Windsor Great Park until they’re ready to announce etc.

There was definitely a way they could have avoided the hospital steps business. Their kid is not important so doing it without all the hoo-ha would have been OK. They just needed to be very clear about that.

They way they did it felt like they considered it none of anyone’s business. And that’s not the case. They are our business so long as we’re picking up the tab.

by Anonymousreply 67October 19, 2019 1:47 PM

“And then she wouldn’t let me wear the tiara with the big emeralds on my wedding day! Can you imagine the pain I suffered? It’s no wonder I am so fragile.”

by Anonymousreply 68October 19, 2019 1:48 PM

R66, She's double jointed and has no gag reflex.

by Anonymousreply 69October 19, 2019 1:49 PM

You didn't ask about MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

by Anonymousreply 70October 19, 2019 1:50 PM

[quote] My God do you people think that because one has money or royalty they don't have any problems???? you all sound like Trump

Whatever their “problems are” airing them with an accompanying sad face while visiting impoverished families and raped women in one of the most crime-ridden countries in the world is not the time or place to do it.

And what are these “problems”? “Boo hoo I am not universally adored”. It’s Markle who sounds like Trump, not us.

by Anonymousreply 71October 19, 2019 1:52 PM

Oh she showed us her unremarkable crotchfruit all right.

I recall an exclusive, invitation-only photo op in which the couple took a lengthy stroll down a cordoned red carpet in a palace (not a public doorstep!)

by Anonymousreply 72October 19, 2019 1:55 PM

Meg would get along great with Nancy Kerrigan.

"Why meeeee?"

by Anonymousreply 73October 19, 2019 2:00 PM

My Porsche is a real gas guzzler.

The problem with dating supermodels is, they’re shockingly jealous.

Being an Oscar-winner is lonely. Nobody can relate to that level of success.

by Anonymousreply 74October 19, 2019 2:07 PM

Ever since I won the lottery, nobody has ever asked me if I’m okay!

by Anonymousreply 75October 19, 2019 2:26 PM

Cry me a fucking river, dumb whore. Some people don't even have clean water.

by Anonymousreply 76October 19, 2019 2:31 PM

How self-absorbed and egotistical of them to even do this pseudo-documentary about THEIR feelings. The word narcissist gets lobbied around a lot but she really is a textbook example. The problem with Markle is that her head is so far up her ass that she doesn’t realize that people with a normal IQ can see right through her disingenuous, insincere, melodramatic shit. All I see is a big, hammy actress, crocodile tears, and a greedy as fuck climber who’s butt hurt that no one likes her. She refuses to introspect and see the role she has played in shaping public opinion.

Why has no one asked if she’s okay? Mmmmm...while the rest of us will be hauling in our trash bins and cleaning gutters today, we know she is sitting on a plush divan ringing a tiny bell for Jeeves to bring her eggs benedict, extra hot Darjeeling tea with a twist of lemon and a warm, buttery scone, all on a gilded trolley decorated with fresh camellias. Consuela the nanny will bring out the baby (dressed in cashmere Givenchy) for five minutes after changing his diaper and bathing him. And there she’ll be on the divan, with a gold iPad, ready to hit the order button on Net-A-Porter, a $30,000 gown for her next event. You’re ok, bitch, you’re more than ok.

by Anonymousreply 77October 19, 2019 3:18 PM

For someone so invested in her image, you would think she would have cleaned that eyelash glue booger off of her left eyelid before talking to Bradby. The details always get away from her, and even her assistants hate her.

by Anonymousreply 78October 19, 2019 3:20 PM

Bet you she announces she has PPD when this thing blows up in her face. Ahh, PPD, like anorexia, a disease of rich, entitled whites and white wannabes.

by Anonymousreply 79October 19, 2019 3:27 PM

She's so predictable now, she's getting boring. We've seen this show before - and the acting was far better.

by Anonymousreply 80October 19, 2019 4:03 PM

It's an odd thing - she never realises how bad she looks, even before she gained weight, with the ill-fitting, ugly dresses and costume shop Pocahontas hair. Yet before she met Harry, she looked very well-groomed.

by Anonymousreply 81October 19, 2019 4:11 PM

Carole Middleton, Pippa and Kate are probably high-fiving each other at every one of her gaffes.

by Anonymousreply 82October 19, 2019 4:32 PM

No matter what is happening in her head it can never match the unhinged insanity of those who dislike her.

And she should be glad for that.

by Anonymousreply 83October 19, 2019 4:36 PM

I wonder what gave Carole more joy - the Kim Kardashian tribute to MM or the latest MM interview?

I bet that clan sits around pissing themselves laughing, recounting all the great MM moments. Perhaps they do a slideshow.

by Anonymousreply 84October 19, 2019 4:36 PM

R61 It's not such much that they refused to show the kid , it's that they confused secrecy with privacy while at the same time overestimating their status . If Kate and William can stand on some stairs and face a wall of fotographer with the future King of the country and then Meghan and Harry can do so too . They claimed they did this to protect the doctors and nurses associated with the birth from press harassment , but nobody gave more than a fart about the Kate's medical team . Same later with the god parents , they want privacy and protection from press harassment that has never happened to any of the Cambridge kids' godparents . Then you had the private jet circus , nobody would have given two fucks about it if Harry hadn't preached about global warming at a rich people conference . That came across very much as "do as I say not do as I do ". And now you have tone deaf whining about the hardships of their hyper priviledged lives while on a tour to visit poor South Africans .

by Anonymousreply 85October 19, 2019 4:57 PM

This is all I could think of when Meghan had her “woe is me” moment:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86October 19, 2019 5:06 PM

Sveetie...you vant to talk about not being okay? Try living vith having your kids’ “HRH” title taken avay from them. Oh vait...

by Anonymousreply 87October 19, 2019 5:11 PM

[QUOTE] it should be their right to decide where and when to show their child

Don’t you dare take a photo of MY child or criticize MY parenting!!!!

by Anonymousreply 88October 19, 2019 5:55 PM

She’s been married once, and not one single person has said they were asked to leave their seats.

All this is pure Tumblr conspiracy theory nonsense from the same loons who think Benedict Cumberbatch’s wife is a Satanic priestess and human trafficker who forces him to carry plastic dolls around.

by Anonymousreply 89October 19, 2019 6:03 PM

Um, one of Kate’s medical staff killed herself over press harassment.

Will and Kate objectively lecture on climate change far more - fact - and travel by private jet way more. The British press just don’t cover it.

by Anonymousreply 90October 19, 2019 6:04 PM

Huh, my dislike of her has decreased a little. But anyway, what do I know about her. OK I rephrase, my dislike of her public persona has decreased a little.

by Anonymousreply 91October 19, 2019 6:19 PM

Lots of jelly cunts on this thread. Racist jelly cunts.

by Anonymousreply 92October 19, 2019 6:37 PM

R90 the person who killed herself was a nurse who had the misfortune to answer the call when the Australian pranksters called. She was not announced as a part of Kate’s medical team and she wasn’t specifically targeted because of that.

And if William was giving barefoot speeches at billionaires playground, then spending the next weeks flying private jets all over Europe, I’m sure the press would pick up on that fact.

by Anonymousreply 93October 19, 2019 6:53 PM

Archie...still the shittiest name.

by Anonymousreply 94October 19, 2019 6:57 PM

OP headline: are you trying to unnecessarily humiliate her? Aren’t things bad enough? Her last name is spelled “Markle,” not Markel.

And no, it’s not okay.

by Anonymousreply 95October 19, 2019 7:01 PM

So, according to R83, disliking some public figure makes one insane.

R83, you must be new to DL.

by Anonymousreply 96October 19, 2019 7:56 PM

I think R23 nailed. I think Harry and Meghan have won over the hearts of Hollywood and seem to be more popular in America but they aren’t connecting with the British which I’m sure is annoying. I personally think Meghan probably wanted she and Harry to be like Brangelina in their peak...glamourous and globetrotting. I don’t think she accounted for all of the restrictions and politics. I do think she is getting bad advice and I wouldn’t be surprised if they have “friends” who secretly don’t want them to do well.

I do wonder how this documentary will go over with the Royal Court, because I’m sure showing emotion would be perceived as very “common”.

by Anonymousreply 97October 19, 2019 8:14 PM

They should just cut and run to Hollywood-do what they want on their own terms.

by Anonymousreply 98October 19, 2019 9:26 PM

I did not click on it or read any of the above comments. I am guessing this:

Depression.

General sadness.

People don't understand her and her situation.

How far off am I?

by Anonymousreply 99October 19, 2019 9:34 PM

I mean, you just wouldn’t understand unless you were a global humanitarian and famous actress who suddenly married a real live prince. Are you a woman who’s the most famous woman on the planet? How okay could I possibly be?

But thank you for ASKING.

by Anonymousreply 100October 19, 2019 9:40 PM

Who is supposed to be asking? The Queen? Charles and Camilla? Anne? William and Kate? The York sisters? Doesn't she have a strong support network with her mother, Jessica Mulroney, Amal, Serena, Elton and Ellen? WTF?

by Anonymousreply 101October 19, 2019 10:29 PM

All benefits of the BRF including financial arise from the sweat and toil of the everyday British man and woman, many of whom are facing very difficult times themselves.

#offthepublicdole

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102October 19, 2019 10:37 PM

I personally like her. Unlike her sister-in-law Kate, Megan is far more than just "princess" parading aroung in one of her many stylish outfits.

by Anonymousreply 103October 19, 2019 10:40 PM

#arethewellchildparentsokay

#arethewellchildhealthprovidersokay

H was too busy blubbering about his oh so tiny world while being minded by his handler to focus on them.....

by Anonymousreply 104October 19, 2019 10:50 PM

This basic bitch needs to shut up, shun media, and do real charity work.

by Anonymousreply 105October 19, 2019 10:52 PM

My laptop is dead, and this mini iPad ain't cutting it. Please excuse typo's, etc.

#istheretiredpensionerokay

by Anonymousreply 106October 19, 2019 10:54 PM

[quote] Unlike her sister-in-law Kate, Megan is far more than just "princess" parading aroung in one of her many stylish outfits.

This is a profoundly stupid remark given that Markle spent over £1m on clothes in less than a year. Kate spends around £50k on average.

This is the problem with Meghan’s fans....serious confirmation bias.

by Anonymousreply 107October 19, 2019 10:59 PM

R105 Exactly what Sophie Wessex is doing. Last month she was in Kenya and this week in Kosovo learning about girls’ initiatives and prevention of sexual violence. During the Kosovo trip, she met with victims of rape from their civil war. No melodrama, no preaching, no hypocrisy, no bullshit. Just there to learn and listen on behalf of the Queen. Watch and learn, Smuggan.

by Anonymousreply 108October 19, 2019 11:04 PM

R105, yes, please. God knows I need a good laugh today. Who can ever forget the cheerful! and inspirational! messages to sex workers written on bananas?

by Anonymousreply 109October 19, 2019 11:12 PM

The problem is Bean is just a very bad actress.

by Anonymousreply 110October 19, 2019 11:12 PM

Jesus Christ with these nicknames.

by Anonymousreply 111October 19, 2019 11:19 PM

I'm guessing Meghan made more than enough money to pay for her own clothes. But then again, I don't really follow the Royals.

So do tell, how did Kate make a living before she landed a prince? Did she actually have an education, and make enough money to support herself, or did she just live off others peoples fortune? Kate may wear all the fancy clothes, but I bet she wears butch panties, and loves to boss around Wimpy Will.

by Anonymousreply 112October 19, 2019 11:30 PM

This is a woman who has ghosted people in her life.

Who mailed back her rings back to her husband.

Who was living with a guy when she hooked up with Harry.

Who dumped the father that not long before she only had glowing comments about.

Who began her association with her soon to be in laws with a petty blind item about her future sister-in-law.

Who refused to invite family members from either side of her family (excepting her mother), people who were a part of her young life and who helped her with her career, to her wedding, instead inviting celebrities who did not know her at all.

Who, despite being given advisors about how to become part of the RF has obviously ignored said advice.

Who, in spite of receiving funds from the UK taxpayers for her role in the RF, refuses, except on very rare occasions, to wear clothes designed by people of the country paying her way.

Who has ignore protocol, pushing ahead of her husband at events where he is the senior attendee.

Who has thrown a fit about the selection of tiaras generously provided by her future husband's grandmother, THE QUEEN, because she wanted on that was not on offer (indicating that she had already been scoping out QEII's jewelry collection.

So, who remains in her life that would want to ask about her mental health?

by Anonymousreply 113October 19, 2019 11:46 PM

*yawn*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114October 19, 2019 11:50 PM

Amazed she can even wipe her own ass

by Anonymousreply 115October 19, 2019 11:57 PM

#ismyghosteddogokay

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116October 20, 2019 12:23 AM

[quote] I'm guessing Meghan made more than enough money to pay for her own clothes

Yeah, sure....6 years as a supporting cast member on a little known cable show, being filmed in Canada to save money, can easily find £1m to spend on one year’s worth of clothes 🙄

Get real. I’m sure she did well enough, but she was living in a rented terraced house and was never seen in bespoke Givenchy before landing the rich, titled man.

And this “career” you’re so impressed with. Dropped it like a hot potato as soon as there was a chance to live off a rich man and his family for the rest of her life, didn’t she? Don’t blame her for that...Suits was due to end and an untalented, ageing starlet like her didn’t have much of a future as an actress. So she did what women like her have been doing for millennia - opened her legs.

Not sure what Kate’s got to do with anything. I’m not a particular fan of her either. She is doing her job and she’s doing it well unlike the showboating old tart with the bad nose job, reconstructed tits and pleasant habit of speaking to staff like shit that you’re so devoted to.

by Anonymousreply 117October 20, 2019 12:36 AM

R116, I did not know this. What a fucking cunt this slapper is. I hope she dies in a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 118October 20, 2019 12:44 AM

She’s trying the same tactic on the public that she used to snare Harry, the damsel-in-distress bullshit. Trouble is that the public has a long memory and are not as dim as Harry. Kudos to her PR firm though, they sure are working their ass off.

by Anonymousreply 119October 20, 2019 1:20 AM

Fuck the SS!

It's Saturday night! May I stand you DL Regulars a round?

Agree or disagree, love or hate me, DL, this visiting poster has your back! (yes, I know you don't need me, but I stand willingly behind you)

#InLovingMemoryofCarlTooYoungTooSoonWhiletheBandPlayedOn

xoxo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120October 20, 2019 1:34 AM

A move to South Africa, perhaps?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121October 20, 2019 1:34 AM

Posted this before, but I'll say it again: Markle went to school with us (being in my sister's year) and she was: mean. Saccharine, conniving and yes, cruel.

We've watched with interest as she's come upon the World stage. It's been fascinating to observe her interactions with others, and how the parallels stemming back from our time with her exist. (One with think she would grow....and mature. Sadly, not.)

Nevertheless, I say this repeatedly: observe her actions. She is an actress (albeit, not a very good one, AND can cry on cue) and what she has done to her father, former husband, former friends, BRF, press and the British public (as well as those in Oz, Africa and Morocco that she slagged off) speaks volumes.

Her words of "feminism", "empowerment", "male, pale and stale" ring hollow given her latest cries of victimization and not being "okay".

It was the same drill in school: she would pull some mean (and often shockingly, racist) stunt against those less popular in class, and then whine relentlessly and play victim when called out for it.

I am hopeful people are perceptive and see beyond her artifice (as it seems many do here on DL).

by Anonymousreply 122October 20, 2019 1:45 AM

^^^One WOULD think she has grown....

by Anonymousreply 123October 20, 2019 1:49 AM

[QUOTE] Not sure what Kate’s got to do with anything. I’m not a particular fan of her either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124October 20, 2019 1:59 AM

We're still saving a spot for you Megs, just in case things don't work out across the pond!

by Anonymousreply 125October 20, 2019 2:00 AM

R122, it is no coincidence that there has been increased trolll-like activity here recently, is it?

*yawn* So non-U...quantity vs quality.

by Anonymousreply 126October 20, 2019 2:04 AM

R122-it must be gratifying to see that the majority of the British public see right through her. She seems like a truly awful person.

by Anonymousreply 127October 20, 2019 2:09 AM

Okay, here's the deal: Markle is basically unlikable. She's a pretentious pain in the arse. She thought her global, humanitarian, woke, private, public, secret, spend-money-it's-not-my-money, leave me alone, adore me shit didn't stink. Then she found out no one cared. The only break I'll give her is basically the bottom line: She's homesick.

Markle thought she wanted this life. But she hates it. She's a stranger in a strange land. She's not comfortable trying to fit into a family she doesn't like and into a role she doesn't understand. But she's there; she has to deal with it, and she's homesick. It overwhelms her every move. All of her so-called "best friends" hardly know her--and besides, they have their own lives, which is not in the UK. She's lonely and feels abandoned. It's the same thing Diana and Sarah went through when they were first married. The BRF ignored them, but at least they were British--they were home. And they took it upon themselves to fulfill their roles and do their jobs. No matter what was going happening at home, Diana and Sarah knew their jobs was to engage with the public as Princess of Wales and Duchess of York, and they believed in the monarchy. Markle doesn't believe in any of this and views it as nonsense unless it's benefiting her. She doesn't think her role as Duchess of Sussex is a job to serve the people. Her mentality is hugely different from Diana and Sarah.

Markle is homesick. She's lonely. She's lost. And she's an American; she's not a Brit. This is all foreign to her, and she can't/won't get used to it. Her homesickness is overwhelming her every move, her every "duty." Everything she wears, everything she says comes across awkward, clumsy with an off-putting attitude and out of sorts. The best thing in the world for her would have been to try to get along for a while and live at Kensington Palace. She would have been in the city. She might have made a friend or two with Kate, Bea, Eug or Zara. It might have helped her loneliness. But she knew better and didn't think she needed it. The other young female royals are not the worst people in the world, and they actually seem like nice girls. But for whatever reason, Markle and Harry ended up at Frogmore Cottage further isolating themselves and specifically isolating Markle. Harry's not homesick. Harry's home. But homesickness is soul-crushing. And Markle's got it bad. Her arrogance and feeling alone are the main reasons she doesn't feel "okay."

by Anonymousreply 128October 20, 2019 2:29 AM

Good try, R128, but not buying it. The SS needs to cut its losses here and move on.

by Anonymousreply 129October 20, 2019 2:35 AM

[quote] 122]-it must be gratifying to see that the majority of the British public see right through her.

Actually, as an American, it's embarrassing and cringe-worthy to see her on the world stage. I would have loved to have seen Harry happily marry someone who was supportive and emphasize his greater qualities.

Unfortunately, Markle is another reminder of how Americans seem ill-Suited (no pun intended...but...if the Suit fits....) for royal marriages. Wallis was another disaster. (And apparently Philip called Markle DOW2 - Duchess of Windsor2 - early on. He was eerily prescient in his predictions as he was apparently not pleased with either: both buckets of difficulty.)

Megs (as she chose to be called in school), was a demanding, difficult individual. We both avoided her. AND she would go around diminishing others less fortunate in order to elevate herself. Thus, seeing her call others "racist" (especially when called out for her BEHAVIOR) is especially ironic and staggeringly hypocritical.

There are red flags surrounding her for others to identify: treatment of staff, hypocritical statements (wanting "privacy", then flaunting everything on IG and in documentaries), preaching environmentalism and flogging the carbon footprint (with private jets and creating additional clothing to benefit fake besties like Misha Nonoo), accusatory statements (press, BRF, public), thoughtlessly attending events (Wimbledon, NYC half-million dollar baby shower), exorbitant spending (£1 million in clothing last year: more than any other Western royal), showing up briefly for royal functions and ignoring protocols, etc., etc. The list goes on and on.

It is rather disappointing....and sometimes frustrating to see others (often who have the same public relations support of the aggressive PR firm, Sunshine Sachs), publicly support her: Ellen, The Clooneys, Hilliary, Elton, etc.

[quote] She seems like a truly awful person.

And although people laugh, we liken her to a mini-Trump version of a person who has penetrated the BRF to cause nothing but heartache, disruption, and chaos.

by Anonymousreply 130October 20, 2019 2:38 AM

I don't follow the royal family very closely, but it's obvious that Markel is a narcissist (her bestie Serena is too), a pretty severe case at that.

by Anonymousreply 131October 20, 2019 2:50 AM

R130-I find her remarkably like Trump. It's the narcissism. Everything she does is the perfect, most important thing ever, and if the press doesn't lick her backside she goes ballistic. They be be two different sides of the political coin, but at their core, they're both horrible people.

by Anonymousreply 132October 20, 2019 2:50 AM

It looks like we won't see Meghan standing apart on a balcony for Remembrance Day. The Sussexes are reportedly taking a 6-week break from royal duties for "much needed family time." Do we think the BRF "strongly suggested "this break?

by Anonymousreply 133October 20, 2019 2:56 AM

R133. Six weeks off is a bit much, no? Markle just had six months off for maternity leave. It's time to Carry On, girl.

by Anonymousreply 134October 20, 2019 3:10 AM

6 weeks to fart arse around LA with their own private photographers.? If this is the plan then I really hope the Home Office ask some serious questions over the funding. I know they always have RPO's , but abroad that will mean extra staff to cover the hours plus overtime, accomodation and other expenses. Well Ellen and Oprah will be chuffed they are there, all private of course.

by Anonymousreply 135October 20, 2019 3:26 AM

Respectfully disagreeing with you, R134. H&M have BOTH now gone on public record that they are ill-equipped emotionally and psychologically to handle their roles as senior working BRF royals. Every camera click a torture....whatever. *hairflip*

#offthepublicdole #donatethessfeestowellchild #topbitchconnivingcunt #putyourbiggirlpantiesonharryandmeghan

by Anonymousreply 136October 20, 2019 3:28 AM

It's either rehab or hair plugs. Maybe both.

by Anonymousreply 137October 20, 2019 3:28 AM

And maybe lipo for her.

by Anonymousreply 138October 20, 2019 3:42 AM

And a revision of that failed rhinoplasty. It is usually girl children that steal their mother’s beauty but holy cow (emphasis on the cow), did that pregnancy ravage her body and her face.

by Anonymousreply 139October 20, 2019 4:00 AM

R122 Tell me more, I’m salivating at these delicious insider details.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140October 20, 2019 4:03 AM

Gee, r132, I guess I missed that when I was blowing my nose or taking a dump.

by Anonymousreply 141October 20, 2019 4:05 AM

This is the ideal time for the Queen to Sweden the Sussexes. "In order for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex to attend to their mental health, they will be stepping down from their official duties and will henceforth be private citizens." This is a golden opportunity for the BRF to cut them loose.

by Anonymousreply 142October 20, 2019 4:07 AM

Was Harry this much of a nutcase breaking down over his royal duties before he met Markle? I don't remember it. Yes, he spoke about mental health just before Markle came on the scene, but he was not a basket case. Then he gets married and he's a mess. What happened to him? Was he on the road to becoming a basket case, or has Markle caused him to break down after being married just over a year?

So much for hitting the ground running as the Harkles said they would do before getting married.

by Anonymousreply 143October 20, 2019 4:57 AM

[quote]Was Harry this much of a nutcase breaking down over his royal duties before he met Markle? I don't remember it. Yes, he spoke about mental health just before Markle came on the scene, but he was not a basket case.

He kept to himself before he got together with her. He didn't do that many engagements. He didn't go out to clubs or restaurants. I don't know what he did with all his time back then, but he did it in private

He's still that way. He only comes out for engagements. So are William and Kate. You don't see any of them going to restaurants or public places (during their private time)

by Anonymousreply 144October 20, 2019 5:15 AM

Hmmm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145October 20, 2019 5:26 AM

R144 Shit faced in Vegas, dressed like Hitler, shitfaced in London, before he met Maghan he was constantly shit faced

by Anonymousreply 146October 20, 2019 5:42 AM

Agree with R128, and it's that discomfort/homesickness that she was able to draw on to realistically convey "sad" for her big camera moment. I think she wants to be an A-list, LA mom dabbling in good works and the rest of the time enjoying her wealth. Instead she's stuck in the middle of nowhere, and even if she and Harry have friends (do they?), it's not the same as shopping/lunching/entertaining/yoga classing/Cabo, Aspen tripping/woke parenting in LA.

And lol at the 6 weeks "family time" they're taking. If they're really both hurting, they should take a leave of absence immediately and get help. Instead, it's royal duties until mid-Nov, then their family time, ie, a long vacation. Poor them.

by Anonymousreply 147October 20, 2019 5:45 AM

[quote]Yeah, sure....6 years as a supporting cast member on a little known cable show, being filmed in Canada to save money, can easily find £1m to spend on one year’s worth of clothes

Why must you constantly say this? It shows your true ignorance and/or your willingness to lie. My money is on pure ignorance. This little known cable show, had better ratings than most seasons of Mad Men and Breaking Bad. And when I say better, I mean they had better ratings the first FOUR seasons of Breaking Bad and Mad Men. Those show were also on a cable channel

It also had more viewers it's first season than the Sopranos did. And Suits was popular enough that they remade it in South Korea and Japan. It also did 100% better than Succession and better than almost every season of HBO's The Wire

Aside from all those FACTS, Suits also cost a whole fuck of a lot less than those shows to film. Probably 70% less than those shows. You know what that means? don't you? Of course you don't. you're a moron, so I'll tell you, it made a shit load of money for the network. It made more for USA than Breaking Bad ever did for AMC. Read that and weep boy

by Anonymousreply 148October 20, 2019 5:55 AM

I love them both, as does most of the world. Meghan is particularly inspirational. Royal families are soon to end, but he's still a wealthy worthwhile boy. With Meghan's love and beauty to sturdy him, we all expect great things from them. But hopefully in America - when it's safe for a dark skinned beauty to return. It's most important for not so young parents to put their family first. That is all they are trying to do, along with all the goodness and hope they deliver wherever they go. The world needs good people who are in touch with reality, not another king and queen. Harry and Meghan are everyone's best hope for light AND leadership. God bless them.

by Anonymousreply 149October 20, 2019 6:01 AM

R148 But it wasn't Breaking Bad, or a well reviewed, loved show. Suits was cheap shit to fill 44 minutes in a schedule. AND as it was cheap she would have gotten paid fuck all.

Now piss off frumpy frau

by Anonymousreply 150October 20, 2019 6:02 AM

R148 please. Suits was successful enough (obviously) but it hardly had the pop culture power of Breaking Bad, Mad Men, the Sopranos or The Wire. USA is not AMC or HBO or any other prestige channel.

by Anonymousreply 151October 20, 2019 6:03 AM

R147 I understand that a lot of the Americans see the world outside the US as a wild, desolate, and uncultured place (oh the irony!), but England is hardly the middle of nowhere, and Windsor is immensely more livable than LA. The only real upside to LA is climate.

by Anonymousreply 152October 20, 2019 6:17 AM

It’s very easy to prove how popular Suits really are and how popular it made Meghan: can you name the star of the show (without googling)? I bet you can’t, and that’s considering he’s still several rungs above Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 153October 20, 2019 6:23 AM

R149 LMAO

by Anonymousreply 154October 20, 2019 6:26 AM

R153 I can, but only because I watched his wife's show. Ask me to name anyone else in the cast besides GT and I'm like...um...

by Anonymousreply 155October 20, 2019 6:26 AM

R122, I appreciated those insights on Meghan's formative years. It's hard to watch her with giant moist eyes look off camera and whine & whinge about how difficult it is. I keep hoping Harry and Meghan will just settle down and settle in but it keeps not happening. I still root (sic?) for them and Archie from the good old US of A...

by Anonymousreply 156October 20, 2019 6:52 AM

[quote] please. Suits was successful enough (obviously) but it hardly had the pop culture power of Breaking Bad, Mad Men, the Sopranos or The Wire. USA is not AMC or HBO or any other prestige channel.

No one said it had pop culture power. Barely any tv programs have that. But you keep running that dumb mouth of yours and putting the show down, despite not knowing a damned thing about. Stop being a horse's ass and running your mouth, just to run your mouth

USA may not be a prestige channel, but Suits earned more for it's network than Mad Men, The Wire, Succession or Breaking Bad did for their networks. That is a fact boy

by Anonymousreply 157October 20, 2019 7:12 AM

R148 You’re a complete cretin.

Hardly anyone watched the earlier seasons of Breaking Bad et al. It took a while for them to gain their immense popularity.

Hardly anyone watched Suits.....EVER. It never became well known or gained immense popularity. Never.

Only the stupidest of people would try to pretend that the truly awful Suits should ever be mentioned in the same breath as Breaking Bad, Mad Men & The Wire.

Markle was an unknown actress playing a secondary role on a second-rate soap that few had ever heard of. Deal with it.

Grow the fuck up and go away. You’re a moron.

by Anonymousreply 158October 20, 2019 7:12 AM

R157 Fuck off frau, you type obvious bullshit, pushing Suits, just fuck off

by Anonymousreply 159October 20, 2019 7:19 AM

[quote] I think she wants to be an A-list, LA mom dabbling in good works and the rest of the time enjoying her wealth. Instead she's stuck in the middle of nowhere

Windsor is absolutely lovely. The Queen lives there. More than 850 millionaires live there. Prince Andrew, Elton John live there.

What is with all of you spouting out bullshit?

by Anonymousreply 160October 20, 2019 7:22 AM

[quote] [R157] Fuck off frau, you type obvious bullshit, pushing Suits, just fuck off

You stupid cunt. Those are the FACTS. Their ratings were better, they made more money for their networks. I'm sorry you don't like it. You sound like a trumpster

So take your ignorant ass over to wikipedia and read the ratings for all the shows. Then come back and apologize for being a moron, having diarrhea of the mouth (just like a good little trump supporter) and flat out lying

by Anonymousreply 161October 20, 2019 7:25 AM

Suits did not make more money than Mad Men - for anyone. Jon Hamm was earning more per episode than the entire cast of Suits put together.

You’re a liar...and a rather desperate one at that. Just piss off.

by Anonymousreply 162October 20, 2019 7:55 AM

If you weren’t such an uneducated cretin, R161, you’d understand that the comparisons you are are trying to make with a few arbitrary stats you’ve found won’t work.

Mad Men was one of the most expensive series in TV history. It was also syndicated world wide & ended up on such channels as the BBC. Most of it’s viewers came from the rest of the world, not it’s original broadcaster. Same with Breaking Bad & The Wire.

Suits stayed exactly where it was because no other channel wanted it. So maybe it did get more viewers on it’s original channel than Mad Men did. So what? When you look at overall viewing figures and money made in it’s ENTIRETY, Mad Men is an elephant to the ant Suits.

I feel quite embarrassed for you. You need to sit down and be quiet now.

by Anonymousreply 163October 20, 2019 8:03 AM

Just in case anyone is missing the incredibly silly point the idiot is trying to make, this is it....

The USA network originally aired Suits. AMC originally aired Mad Men. If you compare the viewing figure for Suits on USA and Mad Men on AMC they are similar.

HOWEVER...Mad Men went off around the world, was played on multiple channels and sold millions of DVDs. Suits managed neither of these. The idiot is trying to ignore this and thinks the stats from the originating networks alone means something.

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 164October 20, 2019 8:08 AM

Suits airs all over too. Suits was actually so popular that it was remade in a South Korean version and a Japanese version. Netflix paid Mad Men $1 million an episode for streaming rights. That's not much. Plus that money has to be split with all the actors for residuals. It didn't earn the network very much money when it was aired because it cost so much to film. It actually cost so much that it fucked up Breaking Bad's budget and they had to split the 5th series into 2 parts

So keep going on and on how Suits was just some little show on a cable network and act like it didn't earn any money. It did. You may not want to admit it, but it did. That's why it was on for about 8 seasons. You can complain about a lot of things about Meghan, but that show isn't one of them

by Anonymousreply 165October 20, 2019 9:02 AM

[quote] I love them both, as does most of the world.

Surely you are joking. Have you read this thread?

Have you read the papers?

Have you read the accounts of former friends? Former associates? Accounts from her own family?

Have you observed her body language and that of others who interact with Markle?

[quote]Meghan is particularly inspirational.

Hahahaha. Her disheveled appearance for royal engagements is INSPIRATIONAL?

Her whinging is INSPIRATIONAL? Her lack of awareness of the queen or Harry is INSPIRATIONAL?

Please.

[quote]Royal families are soon to end, but he's still a wealthy worthwhile boy.

A "wealthy worthwhile BOY".... Well, he is decompensating in public. His laughing, then tears at an official engagement of persons affiliated with ill children, results in yet another example of him focusing on HIMSELF to the exclusion of others. And perhaps you are correct about one thing....he acts like a boy when he is indeed an adult man.

[quote]With Meghan's love and beauty to sturdy him, we all expect great things from them.

Harry appears to be decompensating: laughing and crying at inappropriate moments, looking more and more unhappy, losing weight and showing up in wrinkled, worn clothing while lashing out at others.

And Meghan also looks worse for wear: ill-fitting clothing, weight gain, scraggly/unkempt hair.

[quote]But hopefully in America - when it's safe for a dark skinned beauty to return.

Please. Meghan identified as CAUCASIAN on her resumes. She primarily associates with Caucasians. She is NOT dark skinned. She played Caucasian roles while acting.

[quote]It's most important for not so young parents to put their family first. That is all they are trying to do, along with all the goodness and hope they deliver wherever they go.

Have you seen the way Meghan interacts with her child? The way she holds him? It is concerning. Have you not seen her interact with other children in public? Her interactions with children are very telling. They often respond to her poorly.

Also, do you recall Meghan's brother's letter to the BRF before her marriage? He warned them that Meghan would bring strife to the family. Chilling.

[quote]The world needs good people who are in touch with reality, not another king and queen.

Sounds as though you, R149, are NOT in touch with reality.

[quote]Harry and Meghan are everyone's best hope for light AND leadership. God bless them.

Harry and Meghan can't even complete a royal tour without incurring controversy or offending others.

Light and leadership? Harry is - literally - crying at official engagements and continually complaining about others. Meghan is whinging, "what about me", after seeing immense poverty and unimaginablely difficult circumstances in Africa. Yet she is not "okay" after a royal marriage and pregnancy.

Get a grip. And get with it, R149.

by Anonymousreply 166October 20, 2019 10:22 AM

[quote]so popular that it was remade in a South Korean version and a Japanese version.

Popularity played no part. Desperation for new material/revenue generation did.

by Anonymousreply 167October 20, 2019 10:25 AM

Homesick? Ha. She lived in Canada for how long? She traveled all over the world and was actively SEEKING a British man to marry. It was on her wish list, for fucks sake. When was she settled in her favorite country, the United States of America? She’s a global jet-setter.

It’s not as if Harry ripped her from the bosom of her loving family and lured her patriotic ass far from home.

by Anonymousreply 168October 20, 2019 10:54 AM

[quote] So keep going on and on how Suits was just some little show on a cable network and act like it didn't earn any money. It did.

Of course it made money, you imbecile. They wouldn’t have been able to keep making it if it didn’t.

But comparing to behemoths like Mad Man and Breaking Bad is so absurd it makes you look mentally deficient.

No one had ever heard of Meghan Markle. Everyone has heard of Jon Hamm & Bryan Cranston.

Suits, The Wire, Breaking Bad and Mad Men won awards by the bucket load...Emmys, Golden Globes, you name it.

Suits won ONE - from something called “Imagen”, whatever the hell that is.

Really, grow up a bit. She WAS a supporting cast member on a little-known cable show. Fact.

by Anonymousreply 169October 20, 2019 10:58 AM

And by the way....no one is “complaining about the show”. We are taking issue with the stupid idea that Markle was some millionaire bigshot TV star with a high-flying career.

She was an ageing starlet with one role of note, and nothing else on her horizon. Which is exactly why she was actively looking for a rich, famous, English boyfriend.

And she got one, didn’t she?

by Anonymousreply 170October 20, 2019 11:06 AM

R152 and R160, while I would certainly prefer to live in Windsor and don't consider it to be the middle of nowhere, I hypothesize that MM might prefer LA celeb/billionaire life to upper class English country life.

by Anonymousreply 171October 20, 2019 11:08 AM

Prompted by the furious debate, I went to Wikipedia to read about “Suits”. I had never heard of it until Harry proposed to Meghan.

The Wiki entry doesn’t do justice to its STAR, and doesn’t even mention her royalty. It does mention that a “Suits” character has a spinoff show, though.

I suspect that “Suits” has a small cult following, and that one of its is here commenting. I adore Little Edie, but most people have no idea who she is. There are NASCAR superstars, Bollywood superstars, etc.

Reminds me of one of David Sedaris’s stories where he talks about popular kids. They’re legend at your own school, but a few towns over, no one knows who they are. And a few towns over, kids whisper in reverential tones about some kids you’ve never heard of.

Sorry, but “Suits” is some popular kid I don’t recognize because I go to another school.

by Anonymousreply 172October 20, 2019 11:09 AM

I watched the first three episodes of Suits some years ago. I thought it was shite and didn’t continue. The whole premise was too absurd to make me suspend disbelief - and the acting throughout was a bit clunky and smug.

I actually didn’t remember Markle from it at all when the relationship leaked. I went back and watched a bit of the first episode again out of curiosity, but even seeing her there didn’t ring any bells.

She was an unforgettable part of an unforgettable (and, imo, not very good) show.

by Anonymousreply 173October 20, 2019 11:13 AM

While I do think it’s really funny that they asked to move into Windsor Castle and got shunted into a “cottage” so unimportant it was divided up into staff bedsits......living in the middle of Windsor Great Park would be pretty amazing for anyone.

I grew up in Surrey and a Sunday treat was taking the dogs to Windsor. It’s stunning and special. Anyone who thinks it’s a shithole has never been there.

Not that much to do nearby, though. Just the usual chain shops and a few nice restaurants. Few poshos live there even though it’s home to Eton...which stands to reason because Eton is exclusively boarding so no one needs to live there.

by Anonymousreply 174October 20, 2019 11:18 AM

The essays troll is creepy.

After seven years on Suits plus scores of endorsements, and big magazines paying her for interviews, and the sale of her LA house, MM was worth $5m at the time of her marriage. She spent her own money on designer clothes.

by Anonymousreply 175October 20, 2019 12:52 PM

Roya Nikkhah bonn Twitter and the Sunday Time have more on the Sussex "break" and possible implementation of a move.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176October 20, 2019 1:28 PM

Harry: ““The rest of our lives, especially our life’s work, will be predominantly focused on Africa.”

While the Brits pick up our tab. Er.......

by Anonymousreply 177October 20, 2019 1:33 PM

at R176, "bonn" should be "and"

Some on Twitter think Harry will be working on his documentary with Oprah while in the US.

by Anonymousreply 178October 20, 2019 1:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!