Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

San Diego Scammer Dies; Eulogized as World's Coolest Guy

Am I missing something? Asher Burke was a Facebook scammer and crook. He dies in a rich boy helicopter crash in Africa, and everybody, including his Christian, homeschooling family, eulogizes him as an adventurer who lived life to the fullest and was a great loss to the world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 19, 2019 9:20 PM

Could you provide a working link?

by Anonymousreply 1October 18, 2019 8:10 PM

Alas it's Buzzfeed. Don't know how to make a Buzzfeed link work. Here is one of the hype pieces.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 18, 2019 8:12 PM

I'll try.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 18, 2019 8:17 PM

No loss. Fewer douche bros, less environmental impact.

by Anonymousreply 4October 18, 2019 8:53 PM

Good riddance. Douche bags all of them.

by Anonymousreply 5October 18, 2019 9:08 PM

This thread isn't compelling without some supporting details, OP. Or maybe links to other threads, if they exist.

by Anonymousreply 6October 18, 2019 10:12 PM

They were all hot. And white. What a loss to DL.

by Anonymousreply 7October 18, 2019 10:30 PM

OP here. Reason I posted were the comments regarding Burke's death. He made his millions scamming Baby Boomers on Facebook. The response was, Boomers deserve it if they're that stupid. So now the moral code is what's right is what you can get away with? Did Trump bring that or is it the American way? It makes me want to climb in a hole.

by Anonymousreply 8October 19, 2019 4:59 PM

Wow - a true POS. Besides being a scammer, he was home-schooled by his conservative Christian mother and he was involved in Republican politics and Issa's campaigns.

The world is better without him. He would have scammed more people and damaged more lives.

by Anonymousreply 9October 19, 2019 5:14 PM

Horrible human being -- the world is better off now.

by Anonymousreply 10October 19, 2019 5:24 PM

R8, you perhaps unwittingly bring up an important point. It does seem like now it's okay to do whatever you can get away with. But it has been that way for a long time. The difference before was that it was mostly a secret, except in egregious cases or cases where the wrong (powerful) people were wronged.

I had considered several times starting a thread on DL discussing how our current president is nothing more than the unmasking of the id. As a gen Xer, I've encountered people similar to the prez many times in positions of authority - drug-addled, ranting, cheating, grabbing.

by Anonymousreply 11October 19, 2019 5:37 PM

It seems like Karma does work in some instances.

I'm around his age, a democrat and grew up Catholic, yet bilking older people out of their money is an abhorrent idea to me.

by Anonymousreply 12October 19, 2019 5:51 PM

R12 you make me want to climb back out of the hole :) I'm grateful that a journalist took the time to research this guy even after all the accolades were in. So there is some goodness in the world.

by Anonymousreply 13October 19, 2019 9:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!