Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DL!! Everyone!! Drop What You Are Doing!! The Incredibly Wealthy Are Being Picked On!!

"Alec Baldwin defends Felicity Huffman: 'The demonization of wealth in this country is mind blowing'. "

I'm so glad Alec took a stand. Someone has to speak up for trust fund kids who were partying on a school administrators yacht when they got the news that mumsy and daddums fucked up. And it is not as though Huffman's children were raised in wealth or that they stand to inherit millions after William & Felicity die whether or not their children spent as much as 60 seconds inside a college classroom.

(Sickening.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27October 18, 2019 8:05 PM

40 million Americans don't have health coverage, 3 million are homeless, and student loan debt is in the trillions, but let's all cry for a rich lady and her spoiled brats!

by Anonymousreply 1October 18, 2019 2:41 PM

Why make this an issue, she will be out by next week and on her way to writing a book about the experience.

You'd think she was going to become someone's prison bitch or pass around girl.

by Anonymousreply 2October 18, 2019 2:45 PM

Reading this on the bus. Planned it just right so I could get a return fare with the free transfer before it expired (never mind, it’s a poor-person thing).

I know enough very wealthy people that I wouldn’t trade places with, so I can agree that money doesn’t equal happy life. Baldwin is maybe a good example of that. Then again, poor men can just as easily marry an attention-whoring baby machine.

by Anonymousreply 3October 18, 2019 2:48 PM

Mumsy and Daddums, lol OP.

by Anonymousreply 4October 18, 2019 3:01 PM

I really teared up when Alec said...when he said...that his heart went out to Felicity!

Two whole weeks in jail! She's no different than a teenager who was raised among poverty and abuse and who has to rely on a public defender to decide their fate!

Okay, okay, just breathe. It may very well turn out the Felicity only serves 6 days due to prison overcrowding. Just think of a calm blue ocean, just think of a calm blue ocean.

Felicity may be out tomorrow if more those...non-millionaire types...ew!...start filling up cells. Let's just hope that's the case.

by Anonymousreply 5October 18, 2019 3:07 PM

This is no laughing matter R4! Loughlin's daughter's personal assistant had to dive into the water to fetch the $10,000.00 phone she was holding when she got the news!

What if her assistant had drowned? Do you how long it takes to train a new assistant R4?

And another assistant had to redo her eye makeup after the girl threw herself onto a $5,000.00 pillow and cried and cried! It was heart wrenching!

by Anonymousreply 6October 18, 2019 3:14 PM

I don’t think people demonize the wealthy. They demonize what they do with their money. Felicity Huffman used her wealth to gain advantage over people who don’t have the influence that money brings. Some people have so much money they don’t know what to do with so they start playing influence games like in politics or business. And the end goal is usually to just get more money and power over people. They think that the more money they have the better they are and the less better you are.

by Anonymousreply 7October 18, 2019 3:15 PM

I like Felicity Huffman and IMHO she played it right. She got caught, played sorry and remorseful and got a slap on the wrist. I cannot blame her to do everything she could to get her own kids the best education and the kids do seem alright (not like the ungrateful cunt of the other one, Lori Laughlin).

And I respectfully disagree with Alec Baldwin whom I admire (like his SNL Trump). The rich SHOULD be treated like everybody else before the law.

by Anonymousreply 8October 18, 2019 3:17 PM

You're right R6, OP. That was incredibly insensitive of me.

by Anonymousreply 9October 18, 2019 3:19 PM

They occasionally fuck up and serve appropriated and triggering colonialist menu items at Ivy League campus cafeterias. It's LITERAL IDENTITY RAPE BY GASTRONOMY and worse than urban food deserts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 18, 2019 3:19 PM

He’s correct regarding the demonization of wealth.

by Anonymousreply 11October 18, 2019 3:24 PM

Alec Baldwin really is the poster child for being a dumb limousine liberal. I remember when he was saying he supported Occupy Wall Street while being the spokesperson for a credit card company, etc... He just cannot seem to understand that his personal feelings and his politics just do not line up. While you don’t have to demonize wealth to be a liberal Democrat, you also can’t go around thinking that, that wealth should buy you legal privilege.

by Anonymousreply 12October 18, 2019 3:26 PM

I'm sorry I jumped down your throat R4 / R6. It's just that the plight of children of multimillionaires living in Los Angeles...it just...it just get's to me - ya' know?

I'm glad we understand each other. I have to go, I'm knitting mittens for Julia Roberts' children and later I'm having a prayer marathon for Jim Carey's only child.

by Anonymousreply 13October 18, 2019 3:29 PM

Alec Baldwin was director of F.A.G. in Team America. Important work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 18, 2019 3:32 PM

It's official: Hollywood is pathetically out of touch and celebrity opinion on serious matters is meaningless.

Thank you for being brave enough to come out of the closet and for proudly telling the world who you truly are Mr. Baldwin: a spoiled, self-absorbed, insulated professional attention whore whose heart breaks for all of the other spoiled, self-absorbed, insulated professional attention whores.

by Anonymousreply 15October 18, 2019 3:34 PM

Alec's comments aren't about Felicity or successful people, they're about Alec himself. As we all know, Alec has been arrested and criticized for his behavior in the past and as this boneheaded comment demonstrates, he clearly feels unfairly persecuted for being....successful! He doesn't see himself as hotheaded and quick-to-violence and rage-full, he sees himself as a victim of jealous people who resent him for being so handsome, talented, famous, and rich.

He seems like a really sad, miserable man.

by Anonymousreply 16October 18, 2019 3:39 PM

[quote]I cannot blame her to do everything she could to get her own kids the best education

You can, when she broke the law, as well as displayed a total lack of ethics with her mindset and her choices. And let's be clear: this was not about getting her kid the 'best education'. This was about buying her kid the APPEARANCE of an education beyond what she was capable of earning on her own, by getting her a place in a prestigious university she couldn't get into otherwise. Lori Loughlin's husband said it flat out: he didn't want his daughter to go to a mere state school like the University of Arizona. He wanted her to go to a school he felt was commensurate with their connections, wealth and lifestyle. None of these people gave a fuck about the quality of their kids' education. It was about the kids not embarrassing them or being hobbled by their own academic liabilities.

As for Baldwin, much like another fellow limo liberal, Sean Penn, he's a rageaholic and woman abuser. It's best for him to just shut up and wait in the car.

by Anonymousreply 17October 18, 2019 3:41 PM

Maybe Alec should shut up and go home to his 15 toddlers.

by Anonymousreply 18October 18, 2019 3:46 PM

[quote] I cannot blame her to do everything she could to get her own kids the best education

[quote] You can, when she broke the law, as well as displayed a total lack of ethics with her mindset and her choices.

It's called parenting, dear. You do what you think is best for (you and) your child.

by Anonymousreply 19October 18, 2019 3:52 PM

No body deminized Felicity Exclamation mark My mom coma on the other hand threedots

by Anonymousreply 20October 18, 2019 3:52 PM

[quote] As for Baldwin, much like another fellow limo liberal, Sean Penn, he's a rageaholic and woman abuser. It's best for him to just shut up and wait in the car.

I agree. They should follow the right wing celebrities' lead and just shut up. Oh, wait. They don't shut the fuck up how marginalized they are.

by Anonymousreply 21October 18, 2019 3:56 PM

Bingo r17. These idiots are the parents of idiots and can't (or won't) admit that their offspring have a huge amount of wind whistling through their heads. Those people don't have the brains or work ethic to get into, let alone get past their first year in an Ivy League school. They should just become actors whose parents buy them parts like everyone else, though, again, that's a problem, because a lot of actors work hard, and these kids are a different league of lazy. The smartest thing would be for them to hire people to manage their money and go sit on yachts and shoot up or snort Adderall or whatever the hell they do to amuse themselves.

Nobody has a problem with wealth, but they have a problem with wealthy people acting they're like Joe the Plumber. Also, in the case of Felicity, SHE is a rich kid who has been playing the "I'm average just like you card" for too long. When the chips were down, her desperate need to protect her name and status reared its ugly head, and THAT is where people have a problem.

by Anonymousreply 22October 18, 2019 3:57 PM

R22 You're right. I fell for her "I was so ordinary in Hollywood" shit for years. Then I learned her father was a partner at Morgan Stanley she graduated from Putney!

by Anonymousreply 23October 18, 2019 4:05 PM

Yup. r23, just like Taylor Swift's initial PR saying that she grew up on a Christmas tree farm. Then it came out soon after that her father was a VP at Merrill Lynch.

This is what people are sick of, the blatant, rampant nepotism that enveloped everyone during Dubya's reign. It has to stop. These people add nothing interesting or exciting to society and now people just want them to go away. *cough* Meghan McFartmouth *cough* Abby Huntsbore

by Anonymousreply 24October 18, 2019 4:14 PM

Scout Willis graduated from Brown. Plenty of celebrity spawn of not too intellectual stars do get into Ivy League schools and manage fine, and the majority have not bribed their admittance. This was colossal immorality by a few real stupid cunts on behalf of some very mediocre children.

by Anonymousreply 25October 18, 2019 4:14 PM

I will bet you that Scout Willis bribed her way in and paid for people to write her tests and assignments for her.

by Anonymousreply 26October 18, 2019 4:20 PM

I guess Baldwin doesn't realize that it is his beloved Democratic Party who like to "demonize" wealth.

While rolling and bathing in money of course.

(Wonder what ole Alec is going to do when he finds out that Elizabeth Warren has a problem with billionaires.)

by Anonymousreply 27October 18, 2019 8:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!