Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

David E Kelley

I was keen to watch “Mr Mercedes” for years and, once it finally hit Amazon, I dove in. But after two episodes, I dove right back out again - the whole enterprise just felt too plastic-story teevee for me.

So a friend at work finally prevailed on me to watch Goliath and tonight I started s1 e1. Again, the show just has that shitty teevee storytelling approach — exactly the sort of thing The Sopranos and The Wire, and their progeny, were so refreshing for lacking.

A google showed me what (who) may be the culprit — David E Kelley. So what do we think of him? Is he so rooted in whimsical commercial tv dreck that even on cable he still keeps appealing to just one step up from the LCD?

by Anonymousreply 0October 18, 2019 1:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!