Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I Think Hoda Kotbe Is Part of the Cover Up

I remember when Matt Lauer got fired how Hoda, Kattie Lee and some guy who’s the Today producer all threw their hands up in shock and carried on how they had no idea all this was going on behind their backs. I thought then that they were lying, that they were just running for cover, and trying for some last-minute plausible deny ability. I still do I think they knew and I think they lied about it.

by Anonymousreply 27May 7, 2020 11:25 PM

Can't you at least spell my name right?

by Anonymousreply 1October 17, 2019 8:55 PM

Or mine?

by Anonymousreply 2October 17, 2019 8:56 PM

I think Hoda Kotb is the last person who would lie to cover up something like this.

by Anonymousreply 3October 17, 2019 8:59 PM

"I Think Hoda Kotbe Is Part of the Cover Up"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 17, 2019 9:01 PM

Right. And Lauer fucked Kathy Lee Gifford and Meredith Viera too, you would have us believe.

by Anonymousreply 5October 17, 2019 9:38 PM

National Enquirer outed that Matt and Kathie Lee Gifford were having an affair.

by Anonymousreply 6October 17, 2019 9:44 PM

BIs said Hoda and Savannah knew all about him but kept to the NBC story of shock to protect NBC. Hoda was rewarded with his job. Not that she didn't deserve it. She just knew what she had to do to get it. Be a good company employee. After all, most of these people were at his private roast where even MV made jokes about his womanizing. They all knew.

by Anonymousreply 7October 17, 2019 10:12 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 18, 2019 5:35 AM

Meryl knew.

by Anonymousreply 9October 20, 2019 3:40 AM

Hell No, I can’t see her covering up anything.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 20, 2019 3:47 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 20, 2019 3:52 AM

Hoda phone! It kotb!

by Anonymousreply 12October 20, 2019 4:01 AM

Liars get cancer.

by Anonymousreply 13October 20, 2019 4:03 AM

Tisk Tisk.

by Anonymousreply 14October 20, 2019 4:08 AM

I believe Barbara Walters is the one who is really covering for him.

by Anonymousreply 15October 20, 2019 4:38 AM

R15 Don't be absurd dear. All I knew is what an out of control drunk Elizabeth Vargas was.

by Anonymousreply 16October 20, 2019 5:55 AM

R16 lmao

by Anonymousreply 17October 20, 2019 6:05 AM

^^^ You think YOU got problems? First I start dating E. "Hic!" V., and later I wind up getting shot.

by Anonymousreply 18October 20, 2019 6:26 AM

Hoda and Jenna get a brand new show together but their babies have kept them apart the whole time. Nobody talks about how weird THAT is!!!

The long maternity leaves in the history of television.

by Anonymousreply 19October 22, 2019 3:27 PM

Hoda is engaged now.

by Anonymousreply 20November 25, 2019 3:51 PM

Wait up! Ho-de-do

by Anonymousreply 21November 25, 2019 3:56 PM

Hoda just got engaged? I would have thought she and was married to that guy when they adopted a baby together a year or two ago. Wow.

I don't know if everyone at NBC knew all the sordid details about Lauer's activities. They probably knew he was a douche and sleaze bag who likely cheated on his wife, but it's possible that not everyone knew he had sexually harassed someone. If a few of the employees did know, it would have violated the victim's privacy to spread around the information.

by Anonymousreply 22November 25, 2019 3:56 PM

Is Hoda nice? She has such a warm personality on screen that I wonder if it' an act or real.

by Anonymousreply 23May 6, 2020 8:32 PM

I think OP is a day drinker and/or English is her second language.

by Anonymousreply 24May 6, 2020 8:46 PM

A reminder that the people you see on TV are not what they are like in real life. They often come across as warm, friendly, high energy and empathetic but that doesn't mean there's any relation to their onscreen persona and what they're really like.

Hoda had no power in the situation. They all knew Lauer was banging anything that moved. They had to act surprised when the hammer dropped. It's part of the show. It's part of their on screen persona--they like Matt so much and have warm feelings about him and a great relationship with him and they just are in a place of shock, trying to work through the feelings of learning these horrible allegations.

In reality, they knew he was a pig. Most of these women worked their way up when pigs were able to do whatever they wanted and women who complained were blackballed, fired, demoted, or frozen in place. My guess is that most of them thought, ding dong and good fucking riddance to Lauer. And all were happy that someone powerful was finally being held to account for their predatory sexual behavior. They just couldn't say that on air.

by Anonymousreply 25May 6, 2020 11:03 PM

Kotb is a journalist with her own career and life. She's not a fucking den mother. Who among us has any clue what our Co workers do behind closed doors. And even if she heard that he was sleeping around that's not her concern . Sick of this trend of singling out every gropers Co workers at random with shrieks of "They knew! "

Hilarious how many sanctimonious media pundits and journalists got Me Too'd. Journalism came out looking worse than even Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 26May 6, 2020 11:15 PM

r26 I think there's a lot of bullshit associated with "they knew!" You'd have to be a woke 18-23 year old to think that somehow disqualifies a person from anything. I dont know what Hoda knew, other than that she knew Lauer was a pig and banged anything that moved. But its so weird people think that her knowing means she was in a position to do anything about it.

by Anonymousreply 27May 7, 2020 11:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!