Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I nominate the Blob as Datalounge Spirit Animal

It’s mindless, yet it persists.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 23, 2019 10:44 PM

“When conditions are good and food is plentiful, a slime mold leads a solitary life as a single cell, but when conditions become more challenging, such as when food becomes scarce, individuals come together to form a bright yellow colony that resembles a thin layer of scrambled eggs. This colony then goes on a rampage, seeking out and devouring bacteria, molds, decaying leaves and other material.”

by Anonymousreply 1October 17, 2019 4:57 PM

Stop appropriating Native American culture, OP, for this stupid shit. For some people it's not a fucking joke.

by Anonymousreply 2October 17, 2019 4:58 PM

I’ll appropriate whatever I like, just like everyone else in human history. Learn from The Blob.

by Anonymousreply 3October 17, 2019 5:01 PM

What are its pronouns?

by Anonymousreply 4October 17, 2019 5:03 PM

[quote]Longévité: réputé être immortel

Bitch, I wanna be immortal too! 😟

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 17, 2019 5:12 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 17, 2019 6:39 PM

Does Blob have a nice ass? Is he uncut??

by Anonymousreply 7October 17, 2019 6:51 PM

The slime molds are common and I have them regularly in my wooded backyard. They are not well understood and can make intelligent decisions as a group far beyond their individual capabilities. A single cell organism is not supposed to be able to navigate mazes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 23, 2019 9:00 PM

eric trump is the original blob

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 23, 2019 9:10 PM

What bathroom does it use?

by Anonymousreply 10October 23, 2019 9:31 PM

Is it evil like in the Blob movie?

by Anonymousreply 11October 23, 2019 9:46 PM

What is evil?

by Anonymousreply 12October 23, 2019 10:25 PM

OP, the almiqui was named Datalounge's official spirit animal years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 23, 2019 10:36 PM

Pretty sure the dik-dik has that honour as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 23, 2019 10:40 PM

I thought the almiqui were our overlords.

by Anonymousreply 15October 23, 2019 10:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!