Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“The Sinner” with Matt Bomer trailer

Another gay role for Duckling, it looks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27October 28, 2019 8:34 PM

Can someone catch me up on what the sinner is about, generally? I'm not worried about spoilers, just wondering what this season would look like in a basic sense if I decided to watch it. Also, what are they implying is the "sin" here? Should I be worried?

by Anonymousreply 1October 17, 2019 5:53 PM

I doubt that the great secret of this season is that the character of Bomer and Messina is that they are gay and have been together in the university, I think they are both psychopaths and killed several people in their years of University, the character of Bomer was the dominant, then Nick returns and Jamie kills him.

by Anonymousreply 2October 17, 2019 11:31 PM

I will never understand the "duckling" resentment. Bomer seems like a nice guy, he has worked hard to get to where he is and he is an out and proud gay man who supports a lot of very worthy gay causes.

by Anonymousreply 3October 17, 2019 11:34 PM

But he is also a duckling.

by Anonymousreply 4October 17, 2019 11:37 PM

And Simon is his papa drake, I get it. But of all the celebs out there DL could be resenting, why Bomer?

Sorry to crash the thread, carry on my friends.

by Anonymousreply 5October 17, 2019 11:44 PM

I love how the trailer makes sure to include “From Executive Producer Jessica Biel.”

Has there ever been a vanity EP credit from someone so low of the totem pole broadcast so proudly?

by Anonymousreply 6October 18, 2019 12:50 AM

Isn't the Sinner an anthology r1? So what happened in other seasons doesn't necessarily matter for this season.

Idk,I have never watched it either but that is my understanding.

by Anonymousreply 7October 18, 2019 12:57 AM

R7 They are independent stories, Harry Ambrose (Bill Pullman) is the only character that repeats is the detective responsible for investigating the crimes and because they were committed, the first season was excellent! The second season was regular. The third season looks very interesting.

by Anonymousreply 8October 18, 2019 1:43 AM

[quote]But of all the celebs out there DL could be resenting, why Bomer?

R3, it doesn't. There's like one poster that has been calling him "duckling" for ages and it's also the one that keeps starting any thread about him at this point.

by Anonymousreply 9October 18, 2019 2:01 AM

Matt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 18, 2019 2:01 AM

I wish it wasn't another dark tv show about twisted people. Call me shallow, but I like Matt in a character flawed but down deep a good guy role. No charm in being a psychopath.

by Anonymousreply 11October 24, 2019 2:35 PM

R11 I agree but for different reasons. I don’t mind dark shows, but I don’t buy Bomer as a psychopath outside of anything but an American Psycho remake. He’s too pretty and nice and plastic. Sure, serial killers are usually fake charming, but even at their best and most normal like Ted Bundy people can tell that there’s something off and odd about them. You don’t get that from Bomer. He doesn’t seem deranged, he seems like a mannequin.

by Anonymousreply 12October 24, 2019 3:01 PM

Not to mention psychopaths capable of killing are often smart as a whip. Matt can’t play smart well. Even at his best he just seems like a dumb pretty boy. Well meaning and not incredibly stupid, but not a calculated strategist in the way that most serial killers are.

by Anonymousreply 13October 24, 2019 3:04 PM

Most serial killers are not that smart, this idea of the genius criminal is largely a hollywood invention. In real life they are pretty sloppy and could have been caught much earlier with more competent law enforcement.

by Anonymousreply 14October 24, 2019 3:20 PM

I don't think he had a chance to play a real bad guy before (I won't count The Nice Guys, or AHS where he was still a bit of a dumb pretty boy) so I'm very curious to see how it's going to go. He was pretty good in Walking Out where he was different from his usual characters so I think he's got potential.

by Anonymousreply 15October 24, 2019 3:22 PM

He's doing what people who actually like to act do: trying something different.

He gave some interview right around when The Last Tycoon started where he made it clear he wanted to do new things and he wasn't going to do stuff just because people/friends wanted him to do it. He already committed to BitB at that point but now you have Walking Out, Papi Chulo (Still pretty but manipulative/grieving/slightly psycho), The Viper Club (smaller but different part) and now The Sinner. So he's doing what he said he was going to.

He could easily stay in his type until his shelf-life as the "attractive man" runs out (and it will one day) but I'm sure he knows he's got to attempt to be more than that so that's not all he is known for. Hell, reviewers were already saying David Corenswet was playing the typical Ryan Murphy "Matt Bomer" role in The Politician and he's already acting in and co-producing another Murphy show. He's 16 years younger than Matt & totally his character type.

I'm happy he's attempting it. We'll see. He might surprise everyone.

by Anonymousreply 16October 24, 2019 3:54 PM

I really liked The Last Tycoon and couldn't believe they canceled it. He was very believable in that.

by Anonymousreply 17October 24, 2019 4:09 PM

Matt has worked very little with Ryan Murphy, left his comfort zone a long time ago, is doing different things, is a man who ages incredibly well, is very handsome and does different things, Murphy will always find similar actors, Matt is talented Not only It is a pretty face.

by Anonymousreply 18October 24, 2019 6:44 PM

R18, He did 3 TV shows, two movies, a play and a directing job (and backed out of another) with/for Ryan Murphy. While I'm sure he'll work with him again one day it's nice he doesn't only work with him.

by Anonymousreply 19October 24, 2019 10:31 PM

Yeah, saying Bomer has done "very little" with Murohy is laughable.

He doesn't only work with Murphy, but he has done a lot of work with Murphy.

by Anonymousreply 20October 25, 2019 12:04 AM

Matt is tagged in this image. Apparently it's outside a building where they filmed last night, according to some instagram stories.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 25, 2019 10:51 AM

This show is absolutely riveting. Looking forward to season 3.

by Anonymousreply 22October 25, 2019 4:27 PM

Is it filmed in NYC?

by Anonymousreply 23October 25, 2019 5:48 PM

Matt's husband was at the Glsen event. At the AHS party with Ryan Murphy, Bomer must be in New York.

by Anonymousreply 24October 27, 2019 11:30 PM

Duckling is still filming his show

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 28, 2019 12:33 AM

When you see Matt's husband with Ryan Murphy he is working.

Someone said the Sinner is filming until the end of the year.

by Anonymousreply 26October 28, 2019 5:23 AM

R27 It seemed that Matt's husband left the beach directly to the AHS event. Maybe it was his Halloween costume for the party.

by Anonymousreply 27October 28, 2019 8:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!