Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tell me about Oak Park, CA

Suburb near LA.

What’s the scoop?

by Anonymousreply 7October 18, 2019 7:00 PM

In Oak Park all seems to breathe peace and freedom and make one forget the world and its sad turmoils.

by Anonymousreply 1October 17, 2019 5:20 AM

Nice and quiet suburb of LA. It’s in the west San Fernando Valley. Kind of near Caitlyn Jenner!

by Anonymousreply 2October 17, 2019 6:16 AM

It's the lesser of the Oak Parks

by Anonymousreply 3October 17, 2019 9:01 AM

Oak Park is actually an unincorporated plot in Ventura County, so it's not part of L.A. In terms of culture and diversity, I'd say it's more closely related to the Conejo Valley, which means little culture and scant diversity. At one time, Oak Park voted on whether to become part of the nearby City of Thousand Oaks, but they decided to stay independent and unincorporated. I think residents just go home to sleep comfortably (with air conditioning) and raise their kids there. Hearing that it's a safe community with good schools is common. Also, mountain views and access to the surrounding nature areas are mentioned. Yet, that can come with it's own problem: mainly the fire danger. As I recall, the entire community of Oak Park was evacuated in last year's devastating Woolsey Fire.

by Anonymousreply 4October 17, 2019 9:59 AM

The big news this week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 17, 2019 11:32 AM

Who knew Jennifer Coolidge lived in Oak Park?!

by Anonymousreply 6October 17, 2019 5:49 PM

For a relatively small pocket community of around 15,000, they have their very own Mormon church right in the middle of it.

by Anonymousreply 7October 18, 2019 7:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!