Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

None of the guys I’m interested in are interested in me

So I’ve decided to date the next guy who shows genuine interest in me, no matter what. What do you think?

by Anonymousreply 26October 18, 2019 12:57 AM

You're probably coming off too thirsty/desperate, that's a huge turn off.

by Anonymousreply 1October 17, 2019 1:27 AM

This will end in tears.

by Anonymousreply 2October 17, 2019 1:50 AM

Make sure he has a big dick and a good job so ya'all like each other for the right reasons...

by Anonymousreply 3October 17, 2019 1:54 AM

Stay in your lane.

by Anonymousreply 4October 17, 2019 1:58 AM

I think it sounds like a great plan, OP. Keep us updated. Good luck!

by Anonymousreply 5October 17, 2019 2:00 AM

No matter what, OP? What if there is zero attraction on your part?

by Anonymousreply 6October 17, 2019 2:38 AM

Welcome to gay life.

Enjoy being alone at 40.

by Anonymousreply 7October 17, 2019 2:39 AM

I'm 48 and single. The only gay bar around here caters to the twenty-something crowd.

by Anonymousreply 8October 17, 2019 3:05 AM

[quote] What if there is zero attraction on your part?

I think I’ve resigned myself to that. I don’t want to be alone, so I gotta do what I gotta do.

by Anonymousreply 9October 17, 2019 10:37 AM

How old are you OP?

by Anonymousreply 10October 17, 2019 12:58 PM

"I don't want to be alone . . ." reeks of desperation, OP. Not to mention sadness.

Wise men never fall in love.

by Anonymousreply 11October 17, 2019 1:03 PM

OP if you really want a relationship, focus less on looks and more on finding a guy whose personality you match with.

I bet you ignored some good potential matches because they weren't the hottest.

by Anonymousreply 12October 17, 2019 1:18 PM

Good point, R12. Everyone fugs up eventually. Find someone you have stuff in common with and who makes you laugh, OP. Get married, pool your income and rent someone you're both hot for, to fuck.

Best of both worlds.

by Anonymousreply 13October 17, 2019 1:27 PM

What about either of your hands OP?

by Anonymousreply 14October 17, 2019 1:29 PM

OPs subject reminds me of "Long, Long Time" by Linda Ronstadt.

by Anonymousreply 15October 17, 2019 1:29 PM

A therapist told me "No loaf is better than a half-loaf of what you don;t want." t

by Anonymousreply 16October 17, 2019 1:31 PM

"Everyone fugs up eventually."

Wise, yet HILARIOUS words.

by Anonymousreply 17October 17, 2019 1:34 PM

Loneliness will only attract the psychos and equally needy to you. I have hobbies and a few friends and dozens of acquaintances. If and when true love strikes me again, I will deal with it realistically, but after several truly horrible experiences with some real nut jobs, I'd rather keep my life drama free.

by Anonymousreply 18October 17, 2019 1:38 PM

Lower your standards. Do it incrementally, one day at a time. Soon enough you’ll happily sleep with anyone. Result! x

by Anonymousreply 19October 17, 2019 1:41 PM

[quote] A therapist told me "No loaf is better than a half-loaf of what you don;t want."

I want to talk to your therapist person about some possible defects in his analogy. If you're fucking starving, you WILL take a half-loaf of what you don't want just to stay alive.

by Anonymousreply 20October 17, 2019 2:04 PM

The problem is we are all different.

Some people are perfectly content being single, but some people can't handle it and find it depressing.

by Anonymousreply 21October 17, 2019 2:10 PM

I'm sure it seems that way, OP. After being partnered for 13 years, I was single again for 9 years. It always seemed like the guys interested in me didn't interest me that much, or the guys I liked didn't seem interested in me. I grew content being single but still dated. Eventually I found the guy I want to spend the rest of my life with. We've been together close to 7 years. Keep trying if coupling up is what you really want.

by Anonymousreply 22October 17, 2019 2:21 PM

OP, here is the thing. Do you have what you expect your perfect mate should have? Like, are you as hot as you want your date to be? Are you as smart as you want your date to be? Are you as rich as you want your date to be? Are you as honest as you want your date to be? Are you as funny as you want your date to be? Are you as confident as you want your date to be? Etc.

A four wanting to hook up with an eight, nine, or ten? LOL, you better have a lot of money, or lower your expectations.

Of course there are expectations when a ten falls for a six with great sense of humor (which ten happens to find attractive or appealing).

You also need to figure out why you set such high standards in the first place. Do you really want to succeed (ego, confidence, desperation) or do you set yourself up for failure (so you can affirm the established belief that you are not worth loving)?

Your claim that you accepted defeat and now settle for anyone will end in tears (your tears of sadness and DL readers' tears of laughter).

by Anonymousreply 23October 17, 2019 2:30 PM

When one is gay, one is expected to live a life of celibacy. Not having g a partner makes that easier.

by Anonymousreply 24October 17, 2019 3:00 PM

Can we stop talking about loafs.

by Anonymousreply 25October 17, 2019 3:15 PM

I would rather be alone than take a half loaf of what I don't want

by Anonymousreply 26October 18, 2019 12:57 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!