Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Everyone: Innocent Until PROVEN Guilty - No Plea Bargains

Guy pleaded guilty to cocaine possession in a plea bargain that included 15 years in prison.

Then, lab tests came back and showed he had powdered milk - not cocaine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 19, 2019 12:38 AM

Aaaw, man!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 17, 2019 1:19 AM

I don't understand this story. So did he *think* he had cocaine and got fucked over by a distributor or did he just have some carnation and knew it, but asshole cops didn't even bother checking and arrested him without talking to him about it?

by Anonymousreply 2October 17, 2019 1:22 AM

According to the WaPo, he told the judge that he got the milk from a food pantry. He said that he entered a guilty plea only so that he could stop languishing in Oklahoma County Jail.

This is why I despise plea bargains: it lets the state avoid having to prove the elements of a crime.

Plea bargains and lesser-included offenses should be illegal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 17, 2019 1:26 AM

[quote]"Inside the baggie was a large amount of white powder substance that I believed to be cocaine based on my training and experience," the officer stated.

Training and experience? The fucker thought powdered milk was coke. So if you're carrying pop rocks, does the idiot assume it's crack?

[quote]"The white powder inside the baggy later tested positive for cocaine and was a total package weight of 45.91 grams of cocaine."

I'm so confused with this . So is the cop a lying asshole or is the lab in Oklahoma hiring "Scienticians"? How can it test positive for coke? Someone please explain this to me.

by Anonymousreply 4October 17, 2019 1:29 AM

actual evidence of the test in progress in front of the cop

nodding bird = yes, it's coke

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 17, 2019 1:34 AM

Here's a more coherent version of the story from WaPo.

The [italic]Oklahoman[/italic] is one of the worst newspapers in the country, as this article demonstrates.

The field test cops use to identify cocaine gives a false positive 25%-35% of the time. That's a feature, not a bug.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 17, 2019 1:54 AM

[quote]Gregg told the judge that he got the milk from a food pantry. He said that he entered a guilty plea only so that he could stop languishing in Oklahoma County Jail, which has been plagued with issues including overcrowding, chronic mold and an unusually high suicide rate for decades.

God, how tragic. Not enough he got it from a food pantry, but then he knows he's in the weaker position against that asshole cop who can say whatever the fuck he wants and will be believed. It's Oklahoma, so of course the cops are always right...

by Anonymousreply 7October 19, 2019 12:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!