Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The "I want to speak to the manager" hair meme on Twitter/Reddit/blah

How can we stop people from taking tropes that were funny for about five seconds and then recycling them endlessly as their own rapier wit? It's STALE AND MOLDY, KIDS.

Like, why even bother talking with anyone under the age of 25 anymore? You can just go to the Twitter homepage and see lots of elderly "jokes" from people late to the meme but think it's fresh, hot, and witty!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 18, 2019 2:13 PM

OP, say what you really mean.

You want to speak to a manager.

by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2019 11:00 PM

Change your bloody tampon, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2019 11:02 PM

You'll know that it's truly dead and driven into the ground once it's used in a Pixar movie.

by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2019 11:03 PM

Shut up, Karen.

by Anonymousreply 4October 17, 2019 1:47 AM

Not funny?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 17, 2019 1:52 AM

Yeah you responding with a tired meme just proves my point - the people who are doing it (and the person above with the tired "Karen" comment) are idiots with no individual thought.

Go back to Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 6October 17, 2019 2:29 AM

R6, responding with a "tired" meme is mocking you, you tired old bitch.

by Anonymousreply 7October 17, 2019 2:30 AM

r7 yeah, still no original thought, as expected. "You're boring" is also tired. But, nice try!

by Anonymousreply 8October 17, 2019 2:32 AM

Because "memes suck!" is the epitome of original and intellectual thought? Who cares, dude.

by Anonymousreply 9October 17, 2019 12:26 PM

No one:

Absolutely no one:

OP: I HATE STUPID MEMES THAT NEVER DIE!!!

by Anonymousreply 10October 17, 2019 12:56 PM

OP is a MOOD

by Anonymousreply 11October 17, 2019 12:57 PM

I guess the irony here is supposed to be that OP is starting what's probably the 1000th thread complaining about stale memes and jokes?

by Anonymousreply 12October 17, 2019 12:59 PM

OP is a stale meme

by Anonymousreply 13October 17, 2019 1:01 PM

I just had a "I want to talk to the manager" moment last week after someone at China Southern gave my window seat I booked over 6 months ago to someone else. I got an upgrade and had the whole row to myself on a 13h flight.

Don't care what people post, but this still works so well. And I also didn't give a fuck about the other 100 people who were in line behind me. This was my seat.

by Anonymousreply 14October 17, 2019 5:23 PM

r9 memes are fine. Overused memes where people present them like they're so witty and clever because they have no original thought, are ridiculous. Using them ironically is acceptable. Using them in place of actual personal humor is a sign of low intelligence, much like many posters in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 15October 17, 2019 5:59 PM

OP, but you think the Twitter feeds of elderly people like you are full of cutting edge humor?

by Anonymousreply 16October 17, 2019 6:03 PM

r16 it's more subtle humor, which means you clearly wouldn't understand it in the age of Buzzfeed headlines. LOOK! SHINY OBJECT! OVER HERE!

by Anonymousreply 17October 17, 2019 6:20 PM

This is one of the many reasons I quit Dlisted. The witty, bitchy comments used to be half of the fun, now so many are simply responses via gif (and yes, usually a stale meme).

RIP wit.

by Anonymousreply 18October 17, 2019 6:30 PM

R17, yes, all those 70-year-old Trumpsters are into subtle humor!

by Anonymousreply 19October 17, 2019 6:30 PM

As expected, r19 only sees things in extremes because his sense of nuance is completely destroyed. Posters can't be thirtysomethings; they must be either young or very, very old! There are no spaces in-between!

by Anonymousreply 20October 17, 2019 7:19 PM

R20, the idiot is the OP (is that you?) who bashes an entire age group based on some memes that he saw. I was throwing it back at you.

by Anonymousreply 21October 17, 2019 7:22 PM

Yes, if you have to explain it, r21...

by Anonymousreply 22October 17, 2019 7:23 PM

OP.

by Anonymousreply 23October 18, 2019 1:49 AM

Honestly, I think it'd be hilarious if we could find some women that look like the OP's pic, and just have a bunch of people over the course of days come up to her and ask if she wants to speak to the manager.

I wonder if they'd "get it".

by Anonymousreply 24October 18, 2019 2:29 AM

Prunes, OP. Prunes.

by Anonymousreply 25October 18, 2019 2:50 AM

This isn’t a meme, but if I read another headline on a story about teenagers that plays on ‘The Kids Are All Right’ or ‘The Kids Are Not All Right,’ I will throw up all over my screen. And you can just tell that the authors of these headlines think they’re being terribly clever — ‘Oh, no one ever thought of that before!’

by Anonymousreply 26October 18, 2019 2:59 AM

YAWN

by Anonymousreply 27October 18, 2019 6:15 AM

r26 they're kids who think they discovered the Internet and recycle tired old memes because they know nothing about anything, but they're at that Very Special Age where they think they know everything. That ends once they are 25, hopefully.

by Anonymousreply 28October 18, 2019 2:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!