Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dems Walk Out On Trump After Hail Of Insults, Pelosi Says To Pray For The President’s Mental Health

Video at the link.

-------

Democratic leaders in Congress on Wednesday angrily walked out of a White House meeting with President Donald Trump after he had a “meltdown,” according to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. “What we witnessed on the part of the president was a meltdown. Sad to say,” Pelosi told reporters outside the White House with House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer.

The Democratic leaders said that the moment that prompted them to abruptly leave was when Trump called Pelosi “a third-rate politician” to her face.

“He was insulting, particularly to the speaker,” Schumer said. “She kept her cool completely. But he called her a third-rate politician. He said that there are communists involved and you guys might like that. I mean, this was not a dialogue. It was sort of a diatribe — a nasty diatribe not focused on the facts, particularly the fact of how to curtail ISIS, a terrorist organization that aims to hurt the United States in our homeland.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 19, 2019 9:38 PM

Maybe he'll stroke out during an apoplectic fit soon.

by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2019 10:07 PM

Everyone's hoping for that, R1.

by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2019 10:10 PM

People who freak out like that, who either refuse or who aren't able to control themselves, are freaks and ought to be shunned.

Hopefully, he will be after he loses in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2019 10:12 PM

DUPLICATE THREAD.

VIDEO IS WORTHLESS AND NOT OF THE MEETING.

by Anonymousreply 4October 16, 2019 10:12 PM

Nixon got drunk crazy near the end of the impeachment process. Trump is getting crazy at the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 5October 16, 2019 10:12 PM

Oh my lort what NOW? This means as soon as my husband gets home, we will be subjected to all the pundits screaming about this latest stunt.

I do think he gets a little frisson when he thinks about the outrage.

by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2019 10:17 PM

Wow. Just wow.

by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2019 10:17 PM

Can’t someone clever manipulate him into attacking Republicans?

He does do it. Let’s get him to do it some more. Like, enough to cause a rift. Isn’t that possible?

by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2019 10:18 PM

^^ A bunch of sixth grade girls could orchestrate a little coup, to alienate him from his Republican buddies, I’m sure of it. Maybe make up some rumors about him and Mother Pence or that he banged Putin’s mistress. Or that he called Miss Lindsey a poofter?

by Anonymousreply 9October 16, 2019 10:21 PM

And look what the Press Whore said about them walking out. These people never let the truth get in the way of a good lie.

Yamiche Alcindor ✔ @Yamiche

NEW: White House Press Secretary tells me: "The President was measured, factual and decisive, while Speaker Pelosi’s decision to walk out was baffling, but not surprising...While democratic leadership chose to storm out ... everyone else in the meeting chose to stay in the room."

by Anonymousreply 10October 16, 2019 10:23 PM

[quote] everyone else in the meeting chose to stay in the room

What a stupid thing to say.

by Anonymousreply 11October 16, 2019 10:24 PM

All of the crap that the left wing dems, especially that cancer witch pelosi dump on Trump, and he's not supposed to reply? Why don't we hear about any impeachment hearings of her, and of her husband's sweetheart real estate deals with government agencies. It the real reason that malignant bitch is doing all of this is because the withdrawal from Syria is causing the cancellation of some of her husband's contracts with the military over there?

by Anonymousreply 12October 16, 2019 10:46 PM

Yawn, r12.

by Anonymousreply 13October 16, 2019 10:47 PM

R12 you are clearly far too unintelligent to engage in rational conversation. So why don't you go have a Popsicle and watch cartoons.

by Anonymousreply 14October 16, 2019 11:01 PM

She sure did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 17, 2019 12:42 AM

I'm sure her prayer consists of "Bless his heart."

by Anonymousreply 16October 17, 2019 12:47 AM

He pissed all over Mattis too, calling him the "world's most overrated general."

He is SO SICK!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 17October 17, 2019 12:56 AM

Can't we just go back to looking at hot guys instead?

by Anonymousreply 18October 17, 2019 3:31 AM

Trump is clearly in the running scared stage. He has nowhere to turn, no one with any sense to confide in because he distrusts everyone. Frankly, I think he's become severely paranoid and is now capable of anything. I just hope there is someone close by most of the time to stop him from going too far. I hope what that Army General said about the military leaders being smart enough to know when to not obey an order from the CIC was true because I think we may be getting close to them having to exercise that power. But their recent exit from Syria makes me think they'll do whatever the lunatic orders them to do.

by Anonymousreply 19October 17, 2019 11:23 AM

Well we know who to believe just based on that press statement. When has Trump EVER demonstrated that he is measured, factual and decisive? From that alone we know it was bullshit. Why do they still think they can lie so blatantly? It's insanity.

by Anonymousreply 20October 17, 2019 11:36 AM

[quote] Why do they still think they can lie so blatantly?

Remember, they're pandering to their mentally base. They know the people who still support Jabba are as dumb as bags of dirt, but they have to keep on hammering the same old lies with them to make sure their supporters don't start getting the right ideas, that Trump is a fraud and a con man. Plus, they think if they tell the same lies enough times they'll start to stick, and people who normally wouldn't, will at some point start to believe them.

by Anonymousreply 21October 17, 2019 12:05 PM

"they're pandering to their mentally deficient base"

by Anonymousreply 22October 17, 2019 12:08 PM

This president is a malignancy. He needs to be removed.

by Anonymousreply 23October 17, 2019 12:15 PM

The country needs to undergo a Trumpectomy, that's for damn sure.

by Anonymousreply 24October 17, 2019 12:19 PM

“Excised”, R24.

Germany had its post-war de-Nazification process. The US may find it necessary to created an anti-fascist process, as well.

by Anonymousreply 25October 17, 2019 3:00 PM

Some states no longer use machines that facilitate party-line voting, but I wish they did.

This is where you flip one party’s lever, and every candidate in that party gets your vote as well. When I was younger, I didn't understand the importance of a backbench of supporters to implement the President’s programs. Now, I vote straight Democratic, unless I have a particular, specific reason not to.

by Anonymousreply 26October 19, 2019 9:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!