Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Could Aluminum Finally Kill the Plastic Bottle in America?

[QUOTE]Aluminum is emerging as a more sustainable option. Most plastic is discarded as waste, causing environmental and social damage of $2.2 trillion a year. But almost 50% of aluminum cans in the U.S. are recycled, compared with only 29% for plastic bottles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 18, 2019 6:11 PM

Doubt it. Some believe that aluminum causes Alzheimer's.

by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2019 8:57 PM

I know someone who gets a cold sore when he drinks from an aluminum can. He has to use a straw.

by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2019 9:15 PM

I've always thought Coca-Cola tastes better in cans. I'm also keen on the mini cans of tonic water.

by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2019 9:38 PM

[QUOTE] Doubt it. Some believe that aluminum causes Alzheimer's.

That was debunked long ago.

by Anonymousreply 4October 17, 2019 2:48 AM

Aluminum doesn't cause Alzheimer's. It's herpes.

Your grandma was a whore, darlin'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 17, 2019 2:50 AM

I thought Hermes caused Alzheimer's.

by Anonymousreply 6October 17, 2019 3:34 AM

[quote] Doubt it. Some believe that aluminum causes Alzheimer's.

It does actually. It’s because they both start with al-

Similarly, plastic causes pleurisy.

by Anonymousreply 7October 17, 2019 3:50 AM

I hope this happens.

by Anonymousreply 8October 17, 2019 4:03 AM

I just learned that you should not crush cans before recycling, as it makes it more difficult for machines to sort.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 17, 2019 4:49 AM

Thanks for that, r9. Good to know. Won't be crushing them anymore. Thought I was helping by minimizing volume.

by Anonymousreply 10October 17, 2019 4:55 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 18, 2019 6:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!