Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Alternative to fried chips?

I love chips but greasy fried snacks bother my stomach.

We can't get Lays Baked chips around here anymore, so what other options are there?

by Anonymousreply 22October 16, 2019 11:16 PM

Smartfood!

by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2019 7:00 PM

Oven-baked kale chips, roasted chickpeas, baked pita chips

by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2019 7:11 PM

get an air fryer

by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2019 7:13 PM

I doubt you have them where you live, but Kumera chips are a healthy alternative. You might also know them as sweet potato fries.

by Anonymousreply 4October 16, 2019 8:28 PM

They don't seem to sell baked tortilla chips anymore, so I make my own. Just cut a stack of corn tortillas into sixths, spread out on a baking sheet and cook until lightly browned and crisp. Sprinkle with salt. You can also spritz them with some oil before you bake if you want. They're fine with salsa or guacamole.

by Anonymousreply 5October 16, 2019 8:30 PM

What about popcorn?

by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2019 8:38 PM

I don't indulge very often, but Pringles never seem as greasy as regular ones, though they are fried.

by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2019 8:49 PM

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

I thought about Pringles R7 but in the past when I've bought a can the top third are chips and the the rest of the can is chip dust.

by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2019 9:01 PM

Smartfood. Also make your own kale chips. They’re remarkably good and very easy to make. Google a recipe.

by Anonymousreply 9October 16, 2019 9:04 PM

Boiled chips.

by Anonymousreply 10October 16, 2019 9:04 PM

Ketamine.

by Anonymousreply 11October 16, 2019 9:05 PM

Another vote for pita chips. Love them!!

by Anonymousreply 12October 16, 2019 9:18 PM

Slices of jicama.

Oh who am I kidding. If you can’t get baked Lays, you probably can’t get jicama.

by Anonymousreply 13October 16, 2019 9:22 PM

Siete Grain Free Tortilla Chips

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 16, 2019 9:41 PM

OP Ruffles have a 25% reduced fat version with ridges, and no Olean or Olestra. They're still fried, but in sunflower oil. They have less sodium too. They're so good, I cannot tell the difference. You probably want baked though, but I forgot to mention these.

by Anonymousreply 15October 16, 2019 9:44 PM

Celery, fatso.

Celery.

by Anonymousreply 16October 16, 2019 9:47 PM

R16 At least he's looking for healthier options. When someone wants snack foods like crisps, I don't think celery is going to satisfy them. He probably already knows the crudités are healthy, but wants potato starch anyway. We also have no idea whether or not he's fat.

by Anonymousreply 17October 16, 2019 9:51 PM

pussy fuckin'

by Anonymousreply 18October 16, 2019 9:58 PM

"We can't get Lays Baked chips around here anymore"

Do you not have a Walgreen's? Are you on an island?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 16, 2019 10:03 PM

You can often order things like that for delivery. I'm in California and once had a craving for Utz potato chips (which are unavailable here) and was able to order them for delivery from Walmart. Target and Amazon often have things like that as well.

by Anonymousreply 20October 16, 2019 10:24 PM

Try kettle cooked!

by Anonymousreply 21October 16, 2019 10:35 PM

Thank you R17. I am fat BTW. But thank you for sticking up for me.

R19 baked chips were quietly removed from shelves after Canadian scientists found they have a cancer causing element.

R21 I find kettle chips are greasy as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 22October 16, 2019 11:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!