Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Am I the Only One Who Stands With Trump On Syria?

Eh, sorry DL, but even a broken clock is right twice a day. I don’t give a shit about Turkey and the Kurds. I don’t give a shit about Russia “filling the vacuum.” I’m glad to see troops come home and millions of dollars in taxpayer money no longer wasted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52October 17, 2019 3:34 PM

You don't give a shit about the Kurds? Then you're a goddam piece of shit sociopathic asshole.

by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2019 5:58 PM

[QUOTE] Then you're a goddam piece of shit sociopathic asshole.

Yes, I know.

by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2019 6:02 PM

Yes, you are, Boris.

by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2019 6:03 PM

As long as you are comfortable with it, R2. U be U.

by Anonymousreply 4October 16, 2019 6:03 PM

When you abruptly abandon an ally that has fought with you through so much, it undermines America's ability to attract allies in the future.

It's just not smart politics.

by Anonymousreply 5October 16, 2019 6:05 PM

[quote]Am I the Only One Who Stands With Trump On Syria?

You in danger, gurl. Expect to see the words "shit" and "fuck" directed at you many times. You already got two shits @ R1...there'll be more.

by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2019 6:05 PM

[quote]I’m glad to see troops come home and millions of dollars in taxpayer money no longer wasted.

But are they coming home? I hear Saudi Arabia is nice this time of year.

by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2019 6:06 PM

You, just like our dear leader Trump, know nothing about foreign policy. What he did was catastrophically stupid.

by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2019 6:07 PM

[QUOTE] When you abruptly abandon an ally that has fought with you through so much, it undermines America's ability to attract allies in the future.

“Abruptly”? We were in Syria for five goddamn years. How much longer did you want us to stay there?

by Anonymousreply 9October 16, 2019 6:08 PM

Do you know what abrupt means r9?

It doesn't matter if you were there for 100 years, if you give practically no notice that you are leaving, you are leaving abruptly.

by Anonymousreply 10October 16, 2019 6:11 PM

OP: Yeah, pretty much. Well you and a bunch of white trash who don't understand anything.

by Anonymousreply 11October 16, 2019 6:12 PM

FF just for that disgusting GIF you rotten piece of shit OP!

by Anonymousreply 12October 16, 2019 6:13 PM

[quote]I’m glad to see troops come home and millions of dollars in taxpayer money no longer wasted.

Yeah, you must be so relieved taxpayer money is no longer used to helping Kurds capture & imprison ISIS terrorists

by Anonymousreply 13October 16, 2019 6:19 PM

You don’t scare me with that ISIS crap. You sound like a rightwinger in 2007 warning us that “They’ll bring the fight to our shores” if we dare pull out of Iraq. I can’t believe DL has so many warmongers just because a Republican is in the White House. Let me guess, you all want to stay in Afghanistan now, too?

by Anonymousreply 14October 16, 2019 6:25 PM

And you, R14/OP, don't scare me with your false equivalences. I see your bait-and-switch move. Are you a supporter of ISIS? Do you like it when terrorists plot against Americans and kill them? Do you like to see Russia and Iran get the advantage over America in world politics? Because you write like someone who does.

by Anonymousreply 15October 16, 2019 6:27 PM

Thanks you OP for being good patriot America who loves President Trump and who knows that people like the Kurdishes are not people we care about as they are not good patriots for America but bad people that don't matter to us. If all of them and their children are to be killed, it would be good for everyone! Congratulations to OP for being good patriot.

by Anonymousreply 16October 16, 2019 6:27 PM

[quote]Let me guess, you all want to stay in Afghanistan now, too?

no

by Anonymousreply 17October 16, 2019 6:27 PM

What I have a huge problem with is that the Kurds are our on our side.

That idiot tRump has disregarded the wisdom of experts.

Pull out of Afghanistan. That one is an actual quagmire.

by Anonymousreply 18October 16, 2019 6:30 PM

😂 Fuck off, R16. I didn’t say I love him—I said I AGREE with him on ONE decision out of thousands. I’m also grateful for it because I’m not sure that his Democratic successor would’ve had the balls to do it. Who knows how long a President Biden or President Warren would’ve left those troops there?

by Anonymousreply 19October 16, 2019 6:31 PM

In Cher We Trust

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 16, 2019 6:33 PM

We know you don't care, Boris.

If Republicans care so much about saving money; if TRUMP cares so much about saving taxpayer money, where is he going to cut the OTHER $22 TRILLION?

Were they ever going to pay off the national debt? Or just keep borrowing, spending and forcing future generations to pay quadruple for their pigout?

by Anonymousreply 21October 16, 2019 6:33 PM

We're not going to fall for Trump propaganda. It didn't work on DL in 2016 and it won't work now -- the majority of real, non-paid, non-redneck-gullible people hate Trump.

by Anonymousreply 22October 16, 2019 6:34 PM

Our troops needed to get out of there at some point, so now is as good a time as any.

The Middle East has been a war-torn shithole for thousands of years, and will continue to be for thousands more.

The smarter people have all left. No reason for our troops to remain there.

by Anonymousreply 23October 16, 2019 6:35 PM

[quote]I’m glad to see troops come home

But OP, thousand[bold]s[/bold] of troops are being sent to Saudi Arabia (as compared with the 1K troops we had in Syria)

by Anonymousreply 24October 16, 2019 6:35 PM

🙄 For Christ sake, R21, I’m not a Republican. You need to calm down. I want that money to be put toward the domestic initiatives of the next Democratic administration; I don’t give a shit about the national debt or the deficit.

by Anonymousreply 25October 16, 2019 6:37 PM

OP is an idiot. We've already had ISIS-related killings in the US. Remember PULSE? Remember the shootings in San Bernardino? There were 50 ground troops in Syria - but there was AIR COVER. That was the magic and more important ingredient. That didn't really cost us much extra, because those pilots could also keep an eye on northern Iraq and Iran. Now Trump is ordering 1500 US troops in Saudi Arabia. Remember what happened the last time that the US stationed troops in Saudi? 9/11 happened. Turns out that radical Muslims think there is something awful about foreigners (infidels) being stationed in Saudi, which holds so many sites sacred to Islam.

by Anonymousreply 26October 16, 2019 6:38 PM

Wtf? PULSE wasn’t an ISIS attack.

by Anonymousreply 27October 16, 2019 6:41 PM

[quote]There were 50 ground troops in Syria - but there was AIR COVER. That was the magic and more important ingredient. That didn't really cost us much extra, because those pilots could also keep an eye on northern Iraq and Iran.

Well now Turkey is bombing Syria because it has a madman in charge, just like every other country in the Middle East.

Why did our troops need to stay there exactly and be in the middle of this attack that has nothing to do with us?

by Anonymousreply 28October 16, 2019 6:44 PM

"I’m glad to see troops come home and millions of dollars in taxpayer money no longer wasted."

But it's okay to send thousands of troops to Saudi Arabia?

by Anonymousreply 29October 16, 2019 6:46 PM

There is some indication that the shooter at Pulse was radicalized by watching ISIS-generated videos. You really did not know this? They didn't share this information in Moscow?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30October 16, 2019 6:50 PM

If the Kurds were really that smart, they would have left Syria years ago.

I’m sure some woke liberal country like Canada would love to take in hundreds of thousands of them as refugees.

by Anonymousreply 31October 16, 2019 6:51 PM

I love endless war! America is the world’s police man and that cannot ever change. We should fight other countries wars for them forever and ever and ever!

by Anonymousreply 32October 16, 2019 6:51 PM

[QUOTE] But it's okay to send thousands of troops to Saudi Arabia?

No, it’s not okay. I don’t want troops ANYWHERE over there, for fuck’s sake. How does me saying that we shouldn’t have troops in Syria mean that I want troops in Saudi Arabia? It’s asinine!

by Anonymousreply 33October 16, 2019 6:51 PM

[QUOTE] There is some indication that the shooter at Pulse was radicalized by watching ISIS-generated videos. You really did not know this?

So he was a fat fucking loser who watched some ISIS videos. So WHAT? That means it’s an ISIS attack? He would’ve done that shit regardless of ISIS’ existence!

by Anonymousreply 34October 16, 2019 6:53 PM

R30. No, they censored that information in Washington DC. No need to blame Russia on this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35October 16, 2019 6:54 PM

I see that Senatrice Graham has joined us at R32.

by Anonymousreply 36October 16, 2019 6:57 PM

[quote]Why did our troops need to stay there exactly and be in the middle of this attack that has nothing to do with us?

They were providing some stability, which is no small thing in the Middle East. (Don't listen to the Bernie people who simple-mindedly view every American troop presence abroad as "war." It's not like we were dropping bombs there.) And the attack only happened because the U.S. troops had left.

Instability in the Middle East will affect us here in the U.S. whether you realize it or not. It raises the risk of terrorist acts here, for one thing.

by Anonymousreply 37October 16, 2019 7:08 PM

Instability is a way of life in the Middle East. It is a shithole and is run by insane people who don’t want peace.

The rest of the world “tolerates” it because of their oil, and for no other reason.

by Anonymousreply 38October 16, 2019 7:47 PM

How comforting and easy it must be to go through life with such a simplistic view of a complex world.

it must be nice not to have to think about next month, next year, or tens years from now like a child - not to worry about the repercussions and long-term ramifications of actions.

How unfortunate for the rest of us that people like OP appear to be running the government.

by Anonymousreply 39October 16, 2019 7:54 PM

The troops are not coming home. They’re going to protect Saudi Arabia. The Saudis paid good money for them.

by Anonymousreply 40October 16, 2019 8:01 PM

[quote]Why did our troops need to stay there exactly and be in the middle of this attack that has nothing to do with us?

If this weren't a disingenuous troll posting here, I'd be marveling that anyone with even a passing knowledge of current events can be so stupid that they didn't notice that Erdoğan started the invasion WHEN TRUMP ANNOUNCED HE WAS PERMITTING IT.

by Anonymousreply 41October 16, 2019 11:29 PM

[quote]Turns out that radical Muslims think there is something awful about foreigners (infidels) being stationed in Saudi, which holds so many sites sacred to Islam.

True. Saudi Arabia is sacred land to them. Infidels just setting foot on that land is controversial. They don't have to be military, just any non-Muslims being there, period, is something they don't believe should happen.

by Anonymousreply 42October 17, 2019 12:12 AM

BTW, Jews are not allowed in Saudi Arabia under any conditions.

by Anonymousreply 43October 17, 2019 12:14 AM

[quote]can be so stupid that they didn't notice that Erdoğan started the invasion WHEN TRUMP ANNOUNCED HE WAS PERMITTING IT.

Trump “announced” that he would destroy Turkey’s economy with sanctions if they invaded or bombed Syria.

How exactly did Trump “permit” it??

by Anonymousreply 44October 17, 2019 2:41 AM

[quote]Turkey’s economy with sanctions if they invaded or bombed Syria.

Yes, and unlike cheeto and his merry band of idiots, the rest of the world pays attention to how effective cheetos sanctions have been.

Ask farmers in the midwest how much they're enjoying cheeto's sanctions. Ask China how much of a rat's ass they give.

Turkey imports a lot more from the US than it exports to the US.

by Anonymousreply 45October 17, 2019 2:51 AM

[quote]BTW, Jews are not allowed in Saudi Arabia under any conditions.

Tell that to Jared Kushner. He's there all the time.

by Anonymousreply 46October 17, 2019 2:52 AM

Perhaps, R44, you haven't been keeping up with the news. It seems that last week the White House, after Trump's phone call with Erdoğan, announced that "Turkey will soon be moving forward with its long-planned operation into Northern Syria. The United States Armed Forces will not support or be involved in the operation." I.e. will stand down while Turkey invades. And that's what happened. Here's the NYT reporting on it.

Trump did not, by the way, announce "that he would destroy Turkey’s economy with sanctions if they invaded or bombed Syria." He wrote a preposterously grandiose tweet saying that he'd "totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!)." Toothless and weak, as his ridiculous letter today reaffirms. It only impressed his know-nothing followers (i.e. marks).

But more likely you're playing dumb and hoping to distract the rest of us from your hero's destruction of American standing in global politics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47October 17, 2019 3:00 AM

^^^ that he'd "that he'd "totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey" "if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits"—which he didn't specify, making his whole performance a laughable charade.

by Anonymousreply 48October 17, 2019 3:02 AM

[quote]But more likely you're playing dumb and hoping to distract the rest of us from your hero's destruction of American standing in global politics.

I don’t like Trump, but as the OP pointed out...a broken clock is right twice a day, and it is good that our troops are not involved in this disaster.

by Anonymousreply 49October 17, 2019 3:03 AM

[quote]it is good that our troops are not involved in this disaster.

There wouldn't BE a disaster if cheeto hadn't done what he did.

The worst part is that idiots like r49 actually truly believe what they're saying.

Like teenagers and adolescents whose frontal cortex has not fully developed, they are simply unable to understand the cause and effect relationship between actions and consequences.

by Anonymousreply 50October 17, 2019 3:55 AM

What R50 said.

by Anonymousreply 51October 17, 2019 1:41 PM

What r51 said

by Anonymousreply 52October 17, 2019 3:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!