Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Michael Caine, Lena Headey to Star in Modern-Day Version of ‘Oliver Twist’

[quote]Michael Caine, Lena Headey and pop star Rita Ora are to star in “Twist,” a modern-day, gender-bending film interpretation of Charles Dickens’ classic novel “Oliver Twist” for Sky, which will release the film day and date in theaters and on its pay-TV platform.

[quote]The title role of Oliver is played by Jude Law’s son Raff Law. In this version, Oliver is reinvented as a streetwise artist living on the streets of modern-day London. Franz Drameh, Sophie Simnett and David Walliams also star.

[quote]Two-time Academy Award winner Caine said: “Fagin is such an infamous character, it’s going to be great fun playing him. I’m really looking forward to working with Lena, Raff and the rest of the cast in London when we start shooting.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2019 6:31 PM

"“Fagin is such an infamous character, it’s going to be great fun playing him. I’m really looking forward to working with Lena, Raff and the rest of the cast in London when we start shooting.”"

Of course what Caine actually meant was "I look forward to spending the money they're going to pay me, we all know I'll do anything for a buck!".

The project sounds ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2019 6:30 PM

Rafferty "Raff" Law looks insufferable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2019 6:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!