Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Prince Harry breaks down over Meghan's pregnancy mid-speech at WellChild awards

Will the tears never end? :) He’s such a cry-baby, at every opportunity.

This comes after Henry Mountbatten-Windsor also complained (to a South-African teenager, no less) that his Royal Highness finds it “hard to get out of bed in the mornings” because the ‘burden of the world’s troubles’ is on his shoulders.

Somebody get the 35-year-old Prince his wet-nurse, so she can comfort him & tuck him back into bed 👶

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145October 20, 2019 2:02 PM

He’s become really insufferable

by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2019 2:51 PM

He's just as bad of an actor as his wife.

by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2019 2:52 PM

My guess is Harry is very depressed. The whole mental health initiative by the young royals has been about Harry. And probably has been for a while.

by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2019 2:52 PM

Who knew he was such a good actor and could cry on queue?

by Anonymousreply 4October 16, 2019 2:53 PM

Poor Harry.

Reminds me of this attention whore cunt who called me when she heard my mother suddenly died. The conversation was all about how she can relate to my shock and grief because when her stepfather died yada yada. Bitch was bawling down the phone and I was all “there there, take a deep breath”.

Selfish cunts. Remember your ONE JOB.

by Anonymousreply 5October 16, 2019 2:55 PM

You cunts are insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2019 2:56 PM

Reminds me of the time he talked about mentruation at a friend’s memorial.

Time and place, you douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2019 2:57 PM

Didn’t he also take the opportunity to discuss a menstruation initiative at his friends memorial?

Time and place, you pathetic douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2019 2:58 PM

He's not the first partyboy I've heard of who has freaked out once he got married and had kids, and I don't think he's got a supportive family or circle of friends.

by Anonymousreply 9October 16, 2019 3:35 PM

He's such an attention whore.

by Anonymousreply 10October 16, 2019 4:24 PM

R9, not anymore, he doesn’t.

by Anonymousreply 11October 16, 2019 4:29 PM

I love him.

by Anonymousreply 12October 16, 2019 4:30 PM

You are like a little baby. Watch this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 16, 2019 4:49 PM

"Prince Harry's sweet reassuring comment to Meghan Markle about post-pregnancy appearance

Meghan Markle was given a lovely compliment from a well-wisher at the WellChild Awards last night, and loving husband Prince Harry jumped in with his own sweet remark."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 16, 2019 4:54 PM

He's become a father, unless you have had biological children you simply can't know how this stuff will cause angst in one,

by Anonymousreply 15October 16, 2019 4:57 PM

R15 Becoming a father is one thing. But going to charity events where he/ Meghan are supposed to be giving speeches/ supporting the charity highlighted, then making the event/ speech about themselves? I'm sorry but that is a big fucking red flag that the individuals are huge, narcissistic assholes.

by Anonymousreply 16October 16, 2019 5:01 PM

Many times, a man gains weight during his wife’s pregnancy, in a sort of sympathy.

Did that happen to Harry? He seems to have remained trim throughout.

by Anonymousreply 17October 16, 2019 5:55 PM

Get a grip, man!

by Anonymousreply 18October 16, 2019 6:18 PM

Prince Henry, during his weekly re-watch of "Toy Story":

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 16, 2019 6:35 PM

Has he mastered the art of the 'single tear' yet?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 16, 2019 6:37 PM

People like this need to be thrown into poverty before opening their fast mouths to cry about life. Him and his grifter wife can get sympathy when they can't access housing, medical care, dentistry, etc.

Harry has the means to get a therapist and that's what he should do, instead of pushing this on the public, where half the globe is struggling to get by.

by Anonymousreply 21October 16, 2019 6:42 PM

Their FAT mouths***

by Anonymousreply 22October 16, 2019 6:42 PM

These two are truly nauseating.

I will be glad Harry & Meg's, "Isn't it amazing how relatable we are considering the resources we have versus the resources you have?" tour comes to an end.

by Anonymousreply 23October 16, 2019 6:55 PM

R7 Please tell me you're kidding.

by Anonymousreply 24October 16, 2019 6:55 PM

Archie looks like one of Michael Jackson's babies. Harry and Meghan didn't turn to that guy who played Oliver in 'Oliver Twist' for a sperm donation, did they?

by Anonymousreply 25October 16, 2019 6:57 PM

Whew! I thought he was going to announce that she was expecting again.

by Anonymousreply 26October 16, 2019 7:00 PM

'Harry Breaks Down Now That He Has Fully Realized The Nightmare He Blindly Walked Into'

by Anonymousreply 27October 16, 2019 7:01 PM

I wonder if Will and Kate did bond over their messy brothers.

Harry needs help but I doubt his wife will help.

by Anonymousreply 28October 16, 2019 7:12 PM

[quote] CNN: "[Prince Harry] went on to address the crowd of children, their families and carers, telling them that the ceremony "pulls at my heartstrings in a way that I could never have understood until I had a child of my own." The WellChild Awards is an annual ceremony run by WellChild, a charity that cares for seriously ill children and young people in the UK."

Lol, how does he now "understand" what's it like to be a primary carer for a seriously ill child? By all reports, Archie is perfectly healthy (and likely has a fleet of nannies on standby, whenever Henry & Meghan get bored of playing with him and want to go do Acro-Yoga at Soho House instead).

The irony is that Henry never even had to learn to take care of [italic]himself[/italic], not to mention learning to take care of others - he was coddled his whole life (and even now, at age 35), and his entire lifestyle financially supported by his dad, grandma & the taxpayers. Even his school teachers helped him cheat to pass exams. His pilot academy instructors kept giving him second chances even though he was failing at math. And his military team-members acted as his 24/7 bodyguards, evacuating him to safety at the slightest hint of danger. While he was living out his "Playstation" (his own word :) fantasy of being an 'Apache helicopter pilot' (a 'free toy' for him that costs £8.5 million). Henry is more the child than anyone else in his circle. He never fully grew up - somewhat stunted emotional growth.

by Anonymousreply 29October 16, 2019 7:17 PM

R29 Exactly.

Harry? Unless you are the parent of one, or more, children who have a devastating form of autism and you live on very limited means and have your soul drained on daily basis by worry, anguish, stress and despair then it will take about a billion years from light of being able to "understand" to hit you.

I believe we have two Royal Narcissists on our hands. (Way to manage to bring attention back to yourself under any and all circumstances your Royal Highness. )

by Anonymousreply 30October 16, 2019 7:23 PM

If it's the case that Harry is clinically depressed, that sheds some fascinating light on the nature of the disorder as it means that the best medical & psychological care available cannot treat it.

by Anonymousreply 31October 16, 2019 7:35 PM

I feel sorry for HM QEII. She's worked so tirelessly & diligently all the years of her life to restore some dignity to the Crown, only to have her life's work crumble inside one generation.

HM QEII is likely the last great monarch for many centuries to come. I am no royalist, but long may she reign and her legacy live (though evidently not through her shambolic descendants).

by Anonymousreply 32October 16, 2019 7:36 PM

[quote] it means that the best medical & psychological care available cannot treat it

I assume he is on the NHS in which case he won't be getting much psychological care.

by Anonymousreply 33October 16, 2019 7:42 PM

That is true R31. That revelation does have value as far as helping people understand the complex nature of different types of depression.

However, depression hits you a lot harder when you are up to your eyeballs in debt and you depend on a crappy job that you hate with every fiber of your depressed being and that doesn't pay you nearly well enough and when you are one paycheck away from homelessness and complete devastation. It hits you a lot harder and adds so many more layers of misery to your already depressed state.

by Anonymousreply 34October 16, 2019 7:43 PM

The other problem with Henry Mountbatten-Windsor is he's actually not a very talented or intuitive public speaker. His main vocation in life is giving fancy speeches and, frankly, he kinda sucks at the job. He has constant foot-in-mouth syndrome and is quite tone-death. (He probably gets it from his grandpa, Philip :).

Like at this award ceremony, where he kept promoting that he has "a child of his OWN" now, and that until he knocked someone up, he "could never have understood" or had his "heart-strings pulled" over serious child illness in such a 'profound' way. Problem #1: his kid isn't "seriously ill" - so his anecdotal ('let's talk about MY healthy kid and MEEE!' :) story is beside the point, self-centred, and distracts from the real issues.

Problem #2: he wasn't giving awards just to kids and their parents, but also to professional caretakers, doctors, nurses, social workers, etc. Not all of those professionals necessarily have "a child of their own" - instead, they work to help other people's children. So with Harry's clumsy phrasing, he basically implied that without knocking someone up, one would "never" feel as 'emotionally connected' to this issue as he does. But I bet all the young paediatricians & nurses (even those who don't have kids yet, because they work long shifts at the hospital, while Henry is jetting around Mediterranean resorts :) care and "understand" much more deeply than he does.

This award ceremony was not supposed to be about 'Look at ME! My partner just pushed out a healthy kid a few months ago, and I've barely learned how to diaper properly, but I'm now soooo spiritually interconnected with the planet's seriously ill children! I sooo understand and feel your struggle now!'. Lol.

by Anonymousreply 35October 16, 2019 8:24 PM

They both have that dazed, euphoric look of two narcissists who are currently getting endless supply. (I guess this is better than the look of embarrassment Harry will have when their divorce is announced.)

by Anonymousreply 36October 16, 2019 8:26 PM

[quote]However, depression hits you a lot harder when you are up to your eyeballs in debt and you depend on a crappy job that you hate with every fiber of your depressed being and that doesn't pay you nearly well enough and when you are one paycheck away from homelessness and complete devastation. It hits you a lot harder and adds so many more layers of misery to your already depressed state.

Simply and clinically untrue.

by Anonymousreply 37October 16, 2019 8:41 PM

R35 Thanks for saying this. There are many nurses and physicians working in pediatrics who don't/ can't have or choose not to have children. Worked as Peds RN first in oncology/ bone marrow transplant unit then cardiac ICU before leaving bedside care altogether for the clinics. I consider, and I'm certain many of my peers share my sentiment, Harry's equation of knocking up his thirsty wife as somehow on par with what those of us have experienced treating/ caring for ill children. Talk about self-promotion that ends up being a putdown to healthcare professionals serving children.

by Anonymousreply 38October 16, 2019 8:46 PM

^^^Sorry I meant to say I consider Harry's equation to be offensive

by Anonymousreply 39October 16, 2019 8:47 PM

Please feel free to elaborate R37.

by Anonymousreply 40October 16, 2019 8:51 PM

Really R37. Elaborate.

by Anonymousreply 41October 16, 2019 8:53 PM

Unbearable, the pair. He tells her she looks "amazing", she gazes up adoringly as he breaks down onstage remembering The Moment He Found Out, she's standing there belly-cupping . . . it's a fucking Narcissist's Paradise - it's amazing WellChild even got its name into the headlines about the event.

They are insufferable. The BRF have to put a stop to this.

by Anonymousreply 42October 16, 2019 8:55 PM

"The Moment He Found Out" - ah ha ha ha ha ha!

by Anonymousreply 43October 16, 2019 8:57 PM

Harry really needed to marry a penised-person.

by Anonymousreply 44October 16, 2019 8:58 PM

Honestly, just when you think they can't sink any lower, they surprise you.

by Anonymousreply 45October 16, 2019 9:03 PM

Am I missing something? All I read into this episode was that he had a ‘relatively’ difficult time growing up and now he has a family and is happy & moved about it.

by Anonymousreply 46October 16, 2019 9:09 PM

R31, and depression can’t be treated if the sufferer doesn’t admit they have a problem and need treatment. Can you even IMAGINE being the one to tell Harry “Hey, Harry. You don’t seem to be yourself lately. Maybe you need to talk to someone and work it out. We all need an unbiased ear sometimes.” LOL.

Meghan would have an absolute COW that anything was less than perfect in her life. “There’s nothing wrong with you, Harry. Will is the one with the mental issues. Fuck that. You’re strong.”

by Anonymousreply 47October 16, 2019 9:19 PM

Harry is so crazy that he might just decide he's nonbinary or something. I'd love him, tho.

by Anonymousreply 48October 16, 2019 9:23 PM

Well, he did call his unborn kid "them", R48. So who knows.

by Anonymousreply 49October 16, 2019 9:25 PM

Aww, poor snookums is depressed because he isn't beloved anymore and no one likes the wife HE foisted on the world.

by Anonymousreply 50October 16, 2019 9:28 PM

This reminds me of the time when Henry boasted that he borrowed the idea of the "Invictus Games" from the US disabled veteran organisation - but that [italic]he[/italic] will make it "bigger and BETTER" (than the one the US [italic]disabled[/italic] vets showed him!). Lol, he has no tact filter or self-awareness whatsoever.

The BRF will need to muzzle him eventually, if he carries on publicly blurting out tone-deaf things like this about disabled vets and crying onstage about his own kid (while he's supposed to present awards to seriously ill children & their carers).

Maybe they can find him a back-office desk job at the Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust or the Lawn Tennis Association (currently under the Queen's patronage). Hopefully he'd cause less public speech embarrassment there.

by Anonymousreply 51October 16, 2019 9:33 PM

R46 - Breaking down onstage about his personal feelings about having a family of his own is not what royal patronage is meant to do - it's not a stage for him and his wife and their reminscences and somewhat tiring self-revelations. It's about the charity itself. All the headlines he generated with his own shit eclipsed what he was really allegedly therefore: to shine a light on the work the organisation does.

That's what he and Meghan did in Africa, too: put their personal shit ahead of the work they are so handsomely rewarded for doing.

No one gives fuck all what Harry's childhood was like or how he felt on learning his wife was up the duff. It was inappropriate and shifted all the media focus away from the organisation and toward Harry.

He appears to have abandoned all sense of public and private boundaries, as well as most of his inhibition controls.

by Anonymousreply 52October 16, 2019 10:23 PM

The BRF needs to Sweden Harry and his atrocious wife. Only Charles, Cams, William, Kate and their children should be on the dole now. It's the right time and public sentiment is behind it. The BRF would be lauded as forward-thinking and responsive to its subjects.

by Anonymousreply 53October 16, 2019 10:38 PM

Excerpt from an article in the DM on Harry's little "performance", echoing what probably everyone except Kaiser and her acolytes think about the event:

?By breaking down while talking about his own experiences as a new father, he ‘colonised’ the event — he made it about him, rather than the people in the audience.

Suddenly, the spotlight swung away from them and their day-to-day struggles to a man — a member of the Royal Family, no less — who was essentially shedding tears about his own worries.

Surely he could see that his anxieties pale into insignificance when compared with those of the families he was there to meet?"

Surely, Dr. Pemberton, the rest of the world could see it.

Just not Harry and Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 54October 16, 2019 10:52 PM

I don't think Harry is depressed. He appears to be dysregulated emotionally. Also he likely has rumination instead of full-blown depression. Patients that I see with major depression can barely function. I have utmost sympathy for people with depression, not an emotionally-immature, petulant adult like Harry. Vacationing with other celebs in between making self-promoting speeches at charity events? Ok, that doesn't present as someone who's clinically depressed. He fits more with rumination as opposed to depression because he constantly blaming others for him feeling bad or things he's done to himself. I have patients being treated for depression but actually they're ruminating and their"depression" is nothing more than situational stress that they can't manage or cope adequately. They don't get better, in fact they get worse as they grow older. These tend to be people who are the Negative Nancies, they automatically view everything negatively while always blaming outside forces for things that they've messed up. In other words, it's never their fault, it's always the fault of their families, coworkers, bosses, government, etc...These patients never get well on antidepressants, as they've never had alterations in neurotransmitters to begin with. They don't have depression, they're just offshoots of the prototypical Stay Off My Lawn Guy, always quick to feel offended, always quick to think others are taking advantage of them, and always quick to deflect/ be defensive about shit they've brought on themselves.

Honestly I don't see Harry making any relationship last, and he's found his match in Meghan. Meghan may be putting up with Harry's whining now, since she may be instigating and encouraging his behavior, but it would only get worse over time. What do they talk about in private? Harry constantly whining and ruminating about how unfair life is for him and how he has to feel the weight of the world on his shoulders. I mean, is he on a grandiosity trip of what? WTF bitch, you're not the king of the fucking world so don't go preaching to us that you care more about shit than us plebs and thus you feel more deeply about the world's problems. Is he going to pull a Greta next? I'm waiting for Harry's own "How dare you!!" speech, complete with side-whinging about growing up as a partial orphan blah blah blah.

by Anonymousreply 55October 16, 2019 10:58 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56October 16, 2019 11:30 PM

As Hillary Clinton said, the hate towards Markle is mostly racial based.

The rest is the fact that they're a loving couple obviously committed towards each other. A love that deepens each day. And that makes a lot of miserable people unhappy.

Markle won. Let it go and move on. You're coming VERY desperate. And truth be told, she doesn't care what you think. Never has.

by Anonymousreply 57October 17, 2019 1:41 AM

And Markle wore OPEN TOED shoes to the event!

What nerve!

by Anonymousreply 58October 17, 2019 1:42 AM

It's funny how Harry highjacks his own events and charities to make them about him.

Harry and Meghan are two peas in a pod.

by Anonymousreply 59October 17, 2019 5:39 AM

I don't know how it's racially based if we're also criticizing Harry for the same behavior, but you tried I guess R57.

By the way, I'm not surprised Americans are rallying around Markle. For them, British should feel honored and grateful some unknown D-list american actress sacrificed everything to live in Palace, work 1 day a week and buy some Givenchy.

Saint Meghan is a real american martyr guys.

by Anonymousreply 60October 17, 2019 5:54 AM

R47 is that frauiest Frau that ever fraued :). I love how R47 can't face up to the reality that Henry Mountbatten-Windsor is not a "fairytale prince", but an elitist, self-serving, conservative gun-loving dunce with Peter Pan syndrome and who lies in public interviews to cover his own ass ("I fly commercial 99% of the time!"). And I love even more that R47 is trying to use the "racism" card in order to lick (white) Henry's boots. The irony is not lost on me.

It's very convenient for Henry Mountbatten, isn't it? Every time someone dares to criticise him for being an oaf and public liar - he can just trot out his wife and use her as his shield padding: "You can't criticise me! I have a biracial wife so my white ass is immune to all and any criticism from now on".

Ironically, Henry does the same with Diana. When he faced criticism lately about lying on public record, he immediately started giving "woe is me" PR interviews about his mom instead, using her to curry sympathy for himself and deflect any criticism from his own blunders (essentially: 'You can't criticise me - I'm a semi-orphan!').

This spiel worked when he was a young 20-year-old and people still felt sorry for him ('so what if this German-descent Air Force military academy cadet is wearing a Nazi Brownshirt military uniform for kicks - he's a semi-orphan, cut him some slack!'). But now that he's a grown-ass adult at 35, the public's patience with his self-absorbed stunts is wearing thin.

by Anonymousreply 61October 17, 2019 6:48 AM

*Oh, sorry R47 - meant R57.

by Anonymousreply 62October 17, 2019 6:49 AM

Yes, R57-please tell us if everything is racially based why we're raking Harry over the coals for his little stunt the other night? What he did was appalling. He made an evening about sick children and their caregivers all about him.

by Anonymousreply 63October 17, 2019 11:06 AM

[QUOTE] I assume he is on the NHS in which case he won't be getting much psychological care.

And you are a spaz. They have private health care.

by Anonymousreply 64October 17, 2019 11:41 AM

[QUOTE]What he did was appalling. He made an evening about sick children and their caregivers all about him.

The charity and the event got a hundred times more articles and publicity than they would have got if he hadn't broken down. They're probably inundated with donations from all over the world and are delighted with how it went down.

by Anonymousreply 65October 17, 2019 11:49 AM

R57 -Well, dear, the next thing you know, Mrs C. will be calling everyone who thinks Harry is a mess and his wife a golddigger using her higher profile husband's coattails to further her own agenda, "deplorables".

Oh, wait, she used that one already, didn't she . . . to quite producitve effect, if I remember . . .

And speaking of riding a higher profile husband's career to a global platform . . .

by Anonymousreply 66October 17, 2019 12:08 PM

Clinton managed to lose agaisnt TRUMP, a fascist clown.

I don't know why anyone should take her seriously. Go back to anonymity Hillary, if it was not for you we wouldn't have a dangerous lunatic at the White House.

by Anonymousreply 67October 17, 2019 12:15 PM

Ah, children, the moment we've been waiting for: Kate visits a mosque (the world's biggest as it happens) . . . and the contrast between Kate's beautiful light blue ensemble, the delicate headscarf draped artfully over neatly tucked away hair . . .

and that hideous ill-fitting khaki/green/gold mess Meghan wore on her visit to a mosque, the bosom straining, the wide belt making her look like a huge barrel, and a heavy white huge scarf folded over her undone hair, which escaped the scarf on the front sides in big coarse hanks?

We all knew the moment would come when the Cambridge visit to the mosque and the Sussex visit to the mosque could be set up side by side.

I'm sure Kaiser and the CB fraus will find nothing but nasty things to say as they confront the beautiful image of the Queen Consort doing her bit and remember how incredibly ugly and badly dressed their Darling did doing the same thing just a week or two ago.

by Anonymousreply 68October 17, 2019 12:17 PM

You would be surprised R68, Kaiser has only good things to say about Kate. To be fair, Kaiser was quite critical of Meghan's headscarf.

by Anonymousreply 69October 17, 2019 12:20 PM

^*Future Queen Consort

by Anonymousreply 70October 17, 2019 12:23 PM

Can’t find a thing wrong. Glorious color.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71October 17, 2019 12:39 PM

What is happening around Kate's eyes? So much wrinkling and sagging for a woman still in her 30s! She must be jealous of Meghan's eyes.

by Anonymousreply 72October 17, 2019 12:56 PM

I guess nothing came of the webmaster's promise to get rid of the right-wing racist trolls like R67 that come here allegedly for the Meghan threads.

by Anonymousreply 73October 17, 2019 1:01 PM

R73 I bet I'm more left-wing than you are, asshole.

But keep kissing her ass. Just look where you are, having Trump as President, sad clown.

by Anonymousreply 74October 17, 2019 1:07 PM

Please google his speech and watch it again. He's not crying. He is actually laughing. It really is plain weird.

by Anonymousreply 75October 17, 2019 1:25 PM

R75-that's what a lot of people are now pointing out. It's as if he catches sight of Meghan, involuntarily starts to crack up, then immediately realizes how wrong and inappropriate that is so tries to cover it with a fake sob. Meanwhile his brother and SIL are killing it as real diplomats of the crown. The Queen and Charles needs to Sweden H&M's whiny, entitled, cringey asses.

by Anonymousreply 76October 17, 2019 2:07 PM

At the Henry von Straubenzee Foundation Christmas Carol memorial service, Harry praises his wife’s work for some *other* foundation regarding menstruation.

I don’t see how it was at all relevant to even mention HER, let alone her work for another charity, but he had to shoehorn that in.

by Anonymousreply 77October 17, 2019 2:27 PM

Maybe Harry is bi-polar?

by Anonymousreply 78October 17, 2019 3:34 PM

He's not bi-polar, just a ass.

by Anonymousreply 79October 17, 2019 3:36 PM

[quote] The charity and the event got a hundred times more articles and publicity than they would have got if he hadn't broken down ... They're probably ... delighted with how it went down.

Not the kind of publicity they wanted, R65. The last thing a charity wants is for their guest speaker to make a ridiculous, egocentric stunt that causes public bemusement and derision.

[quote] They're probably inundated with donations from all over the world

Ok, R65, did you donate when you saw Henry Mountbatten-Windsor crying onstage over “his own (super-privileged and healthy) child”? How much did you donate?

“Donations from all over the world” - so how many people from your circle donated? Name me 10 people you know who donated just because of Henry crying over his crotchfruit.

Many people just watched that video of Henry ‘pulling a James Van Der Beek’ and didn’t even notice what the actual charity was called. As often with such empty, transparently theatrical stunts - in one ear and out the other.

Here’s an approximation of H. Mountbatten-Windsor on stage:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80October 17, 2019 4:08 PM

Are only the mentally ill and the fake mental illness nurse allowed to post on this thread?

by Anonymousreply 81October 17, 2019 6:08 PM

It’s weird to me how little effort Groan and Crone put into what should not be a difficult job. Show up looking polished, make small talk, and then give your speech about how great/ brave/ whatever the honorees are. Return to luxury dwelling. They can scream about the press, but anyone can see their behavior and judge their own actions.

by Anonymousreply 82October 17, 2019 6:09 PM

R27, no. Read R77's post.

by Anonymousreply 83October 17, 2019 6:18 PM

R24, no, read R77's post.

by Anonymousreply 84October 17, 2019 6:18 PM

Can't the BRF put us out of our misery and just cut these two dimwits loose? I used to love following the BRF, but it's just a freak show right now.

by Anonymousreply 85October 17, 2019 9:10 PM

R85 - That is the to which question all too many would now like an answer.

by Anonymousreply 86October 17, 2019 9:26 PM

Don’t they have some mental illness charity thing going? Or is that a Cambridge thing?

Could someone gently suggest to Harry that he see a therapist?

by Anonymousreply 87October 17, 2019 11:15 PM

R87-I think Harry's just manipulated everyone and that all this is calculated. He's doing his little sob and dance so his pity special brings in record viewers. Never mind that they went on their recent diplomatic tour to "shine a light" on South Africa. They're shining a light on their whiny selves. It's shameful to use the host country to these ends. He'll also use this for his super duper mental health special with Oprah. All this is contrived bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 88October 18, 2019 12:24 AM

R87 Harry doesn't need a therapist, he's not depressed, he's just a whiny malcontent with too much money and time on his hands. And an accomplice egging him on in the form of his equally narcissistic wife. What Harry needs is to be taught a lesson of what true hardship is really like, or hell, how about just what real life is about? So he needs to be made redundant from The Firm, get acclimated to living typical, daily life of a working parent with family to support. Then if he can hack it or he learns some valuable lessons from that experience, MAYBE he could be welcomed back into the BRF. If he still wants to shoot his mouth off afterwards, send him back for more re-education of how to be a decent human being.

by Anonymousreply 89October 18, 2019 12:38 AM

Wellchild got the kind of global publicity they could only dream about, and the boring Duke of Bald and his dusty, wrinkled housewife were knocked off the headlines yet again.

Meghan and Harry are doing everything right.

by Anonymousreply 90October 18, 2019 10:30 AM

NEW TROLL ALERT

Name: Henry Mountbatten-Windsor Troll

Posting Style : Semi literate, paragraph free, hectoring rants. Always refers to H by the above title.

Positives: Calls Kate 'William's housewife'

by Anonymousreply 91October 18, 2019 10:35 AM

[QUOTE] The last thing a charity wants is for their guest speaker to make a ridiculous, egocentric stunt that causes public bemusement and derision.

You clearly are naive and know nothing about PR. Their visit should have engendered a few UK articles. Instead, there are hundreds across the globe, all blazoning Wellchild in the headline or first paragraph.

Nobody is deriding Wellchild itself, and few are mocking Harry. A man crying over sick children isn't generally seen as an ugly thing, except by a bunch of bitter social media clowns like the DM commentators and the trolls here.

by Anonymousreply 92October 18, 2019 10:41 AM

[quote]Wellchild got the kind of cringe-worthy, embarrassing publicity they were dreading since they heard the Knight in Whining Armour and his cheap actress missus were going to ruck up.

Reality.

by Anonymousreply 93October 18, 2019 10:41 AM

Knight in Whining Armor is my new favorite handle for Harry. It sums him up perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 94October 18, 2019 11:20 AM

I still wonder how he can think it's a good idea.

by Anonymousreply 95October 18, 2019 11:23 AM

[quote] I am no royalist, but long may she reign and her legacy live

UM...OK.

by Anonymousreply 96October 18, 2019 11:30 AM

[quote]Can't the BRF put us out of our misery and just cut these two dimwits loose? I used to love following the BRF, but it's just a freak show right now.

Maybe you should switch to Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills.

by Anonymousreply 97October 18, 2019 11:32 AM

That would at least be entertaining, R97.

by Anonymousreply 98October 18, 2019 11:33 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99October 18, 2019 12:05 PM

They BRF isn't going to do a damned thing about Harry and Meghan. If that Africa tour and recent embarrassing whingeing by Harry weren't enough to get them sacked, I don't know what would be. She's probably up the duff again already. Charles probably can't bear the thought of his son being booted out and has pleaded with HM to remember that Harry is just sixth in line, he can't do much damage, just let it go and focus on the Cambridges . . . and at this age, with a husband teetering on the brink of the grave, I doubt the Queen has much strength left to fight this out.

It's probably all in Charles's hands, and Charles feels too guilty as Harry's father to do it. As long as Harry and Meghan can carry on in their ludicrous public antics on Charles' and the taxpayers' money, they aren't going anywhere, either. Meghan, of all people, will understand that without the BRF she has no cachet, and will hang on for dear life.

The rest of the family will ignore them as far as humanly possible.

by Anonymousreply 100October 18, 2019 12:38 PM

Haghan have been promoted to Commonwealth Ambassadors! They will be touring and travelling a lot more, which is what they wanted. Clearly, BP thinks they are doing an excellent job.

by Anonymousreply 101October 18, 2019 1:00 PM

EXISTING TROLL ALERT = R90, R91, R92

Name: Kate-Obsessed Troll

Posting style: over-emotional and easily triggered; is obsessed with trivial things like William’s looks (“bald! he’s bald!” :), pretends to be feminist & progressive, persistently rants about “racism!” and “misogyny!” - but then ironically goes on to shit on other females like Middleton (only in order to elevate the troll’s personal American idol, Markle, who this troll worships blindly and almost religiously).

by Anonymousreply 102October 18, 2019 1:03 PM

Oh... You know they're in a mess when even Kaiser on CB says Harry should shut up about the pres killing his mother.

If Kaiser can't defend him, no one can.

Fuck, this bitch is growing on me.

by Anonymousreply 103October 18, 2019 1:04 PM

R102 - I blocked her long ago, suggest you do the same.

by Anonymousreply 104October 18, 2019 1:08 PM

[quote] You clearly are naive and know nothing about PR. Their visit should have engendered a few UK articles. Instead, there are hundreds ACROSS THE GLOBE

[quote] They're probably inundated with donations FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD

And you’re also delusional, Kate-Obsessed Troll. WellChild is a [italic]national[/italic] UK charity. It’s not an international, global charity. You seriously think people “across the globe” in Singapore, Argentina and South Africa will see Harry crying over his privileged crotchfruit (jetted around on private planes before he even turned 1 year old), and go run & trip over themselves to donate money to benefit only people living in [italic]Britain[/italic], one of the richest countries in the world? You think people “all over the world” think British kids are some of the most ‘deprived’ in the world and urgently need ‘donation assistance’ from Japan, India and Guatemala? They have their own national charities that they themselves urgently need money for - FROM Britain, not TO Britain. So you’re the one who is “naïve”. Most foreigners won’t donate to British citizens, because even working-class, struggling Brits still have a higher living standard than the global average.

by Anonymousreply 105October 18, 2019 1:12 PM

[QUOTE] WellChild is a national UK charity. It’s not an international, global charity. You seriously think people

I think you'll find it accepts international donations. Nobody knew the name Wellchild last week. Now, millions do. It's phenomenal promo for them! Well done, Harry.

by Anonymousreply 106October 18, 2019 1:34 PM

R104 = homophobic Danja Zone fan.

by Anonymousreply 107October 18, 2019 1:35 PM

For a lot of people all over the world means UK + USA.

by Anonymousreply 108October 18, 2019 1:43 PM

Yes, American and British people, R108.

by Anonymousreply 109October 18, 2019 1:45 PM

r15, Nice choice of site to come and brag about your fecundity, fuck right off

by Anonymousreply 110October 18, 2019 1:52 PM

WellChild has 60% more enquiries thanks to H and M according to Google trends, mainly from the US, UK and Europe. Lots of donations! Invaluable PR.

by Anonymousreply 111October 18, 2019 1:55 PM

Calm down, gay people have children too.

by Anonymousreply 112October 18, 2019 2:02 PM

[quote]WellChild has 60% more enquiries thanks to H and M

An enquiry is NOT a donation. Let us know how much donations actually increased due to Ginger's self-absorbed stunt.

by Anonymousreply 113October 18, 2019 2:06 PM

M and H are quivering on the edge of a nervous breakdown. A respite trip to the Maldives is in order

by Anonymousreply 114October 18, 2019 2:22 PM

If the ‘Prince of Sussex’ presented hole onstage, there’d be even more “Google-search enquiries” :).

If all the Sussexes want is to court any kind of publicity, by any means - then they might as well release a sex tape. (Even kink-loving Asian businessmen might “donate” to the British organisation then.)

by Anonymousreply 115October 18, 2019 3:17 PM

'If all the Sussexes want is to court any kind of publicity, by any means - then they might as well release a sex tape'

How would that benefit a charity? You really are unintelligent.

by Anonymousreply 116October 18, 2019 3:50 PM

You are the one who is “unintelligent”, Kate-Obsessed Troll @ R116, since you take sarcasm so literally.

by Anonymousreply 117October 18, 2019 6:58 PM

If Harry’s blubbering increases donations, he’s invited to come grandstand and whine at my house, any old time.

by Anonymousreply 118October 18, 2019 7:05 PM

[quote] Metro, Oct. 18: “Meghan Markle close to tears describing struggles as new mum.

[quote] She said it was ‘a very real thing to be going through behind the scenes’ and confirmed it had ‘really been a struggle’.

[quote] Harry also opened up about the ‘festering’ GRIEF he still feels over his mother’s death and how he is haunted by memories of her relationship with the press.”

Oh. my. god. [bold]Will the TEARS never END?[/bold] With that kind of endless self-pity party, the Earl and Countess of Dumbarton must be going through 10 boxes of Kleenex a day.

I love the deep irony that they’re suing the press for invasion of privacy - and (at the same time!) giving personal confessions to the press, whining & tearing up about their personal life right in front of journalists. The irony must be lost on the Dumbartons though. It’s like they want it both ways - to have the press around to listen to their “woe is me” private confessions (Harry: “I’m 35 and still in grief over being a semi-orphan!”, Meghan: “It’s such a struggle to be be a rich man’s wife and stay-at-home mom, without a 9-to-5 job!”) - and at the same to tell the press to stop covering their private lives. Lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119October 18, 2019 7:14 PM

R406 for the win, as the paywall went up, for suggesting #swedensussexes

by Anonymousreply 120October 18, 2019 9:53 PM

That is, R406 on British Royal Gossip 98.

by Anonymousreply 121October 18, 2019 9:54 PM

I don't understand how two people can be so tone deaf.

by Anonymousreply 122October 18, 2019 10:14 PM

Woe-is-me Meghan need to be coddled and be told how special she is 24/7. When she's pregnant you better not forget to ask her how she's doing every fucking hour, or else she feels unloved and she'll out you during interviews as being cruel and unkind. Especially when she's graced a 3rd world country with her presence, you're all supposed to genuflect to her while praising her, Meghan, the best human being in the history of the whole fucking world. I mean gosh, she went through all that trouble to style the headscarf into a Malibu casual, messy chic look, do you know how difficult of an accomplishment that is? So give praise and don't hold back, and that includes you HMQ, who should be ever so grateful that a bonafide star decides to lower herself in order to join her husband's family business. Don't people know the type of courage it takes to give up a successful and financially-fruitful career as the 3rd supporting lead on a basic cable network, just to be the savior to the BRF and by extension the entire world? I mean come on, HMQ only had to live through, what, some inconsequential event like WW2 and rebuilding of free Europe? There is absolutely no comparison at all, the poor old fool should be worshipping at Meghan's feet. How about making amends by opening the vault where all the Crown Jewels are kept, and like Harry says "whatever Meghan wants, Meghan gets", capiche?!

by Anonymousreply 123October 18, 2019 11:30 PM

Structure your posts in paragraphs, please, R123.

You sound breathless and unintelligent.

by Anonymousreply 124October 19, 2019 1:00 AM

There is a special 8 page pull-out of Kate in today's Mail. This is what H+M would like on all the days and never a word of criticism. It is eating them up that they are not as liked or respected, so the tantrums will continue. How this will end up is anyone's guess.

by Anonymousreply 125October 19, 2019 1:53 AM

This seems to be the only active thread. Part 98 and 99 have been paywalled and closed respectively.

Harry and Megs have both said they're vulnerable and distressed so the BRF certainly won't be risking their mental health by cutting them off or curtailing the tours that they love to do.

Charles should worry about his wife and her dire 24% approval rating on the YouGov polls. Brits don't want her as queen. In comparison, Meghan has 46% and Harry is second only to the Queen, with 69%. The York girls are both below Camilla, too. Andrew is the most loathed, on 21%.

by Anonymousreply 126October 19, 2019 2:45 AM

Hoemilla Parker Bowles has 29% approval compared to Meghan's 46%. York girls in low 20s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127October 19, 2019 2:49 AM

Meghan is a beautiful woman and love she does her Prince Harry. He lost his good mother at too young an age and fatherhood has triggered a PTSD response in the darling boy. What a sadness, but what a triumph their love is! Meghan and Harry will make a beautiful King and Queen. God bless them.

by Anonymousreply 128October 19, 2019 2:56 AM

At the height of HM's annus horribilis, when the media daily headlined and the public talked endlessly about the on-going Charles/Diana/Fergie/Andrew endless bitterness, backbiting, whinging, and ever more appalling behaviour, one of the tabs (IIRC, the Sun) had the wherewithal to express Britain's thoroughly disgusted with it all sentiments with the headline:

[bold]SORT 'EM OUT, MA'AM[/bold]

I expect the same to happen in the very near future with the Knight in Whining Armour and his Cheap Actress missus.

by Anonymousreply 129October 19, 2019 7:17 AM

They won't do that this time, r129. HM is too old, and the media too weak (comparatively) to make public demands like that now. They'd merely look like they were overtaxing an old lady.

Also, since Diana's death, and then later on, the Leveson Inquiry, the tone the media has taken with the Royals has been increasingly deferential, with only a hint of shade when they are trying to make a criticism. VERY different from back in the Wild-Westesque Redtop Heyday of the 80's and 90's, when the tabloids seemed at WAR with the BRF and openly criticised and goaded them constantly.

You think the comments under the articles at Daily Mail are bad? They're NOTHING compared to the Sun's actual articles about Charles, 'Randy Andy' and 'Flirty Fergie' back in the day. Diana was always a relative exception to their most scathing attacks, even though she was always front-page news and was unbelievably hounded, papped and leaked about constantly. After C and D's separation the published more critical articles on her, but even at that time Unfeeling Charles and Demon Camilla were the true daily targets.

The whole thing was seriously vicious and seriously nonstop. It's actually a relative picnic for today's Royals, which is why so many commenters under, say, DM stories about Harry comparing Diana to Meghan are so outraged at the idea that Meghan's experience is anything like his mother's. After all, how many times has Meghan been papped? Very few times and now, never. There is truly no comparison.

Anyway that was an overly long explanation for why, if the UK papers do try to influence HM, they will only do it via passive aggressive means. Never directly as they used to do.

by Anonymousreply 130October 19, 2019 8:29 AM

Excellent comment, r30.

by Anonymousreply 131October 19, 2019 10:29 AM

I meant r130. Excellent comment.

R30, yours was, too.

by Anonymousreply 132October 19, 2019 11:09 AM

Thanks, r131

by Anonymousreply 133October 19, 2019 11:36 AM

The fraus on CB are, of course, swallowing Meghan's tearful tantrum hook, line, and sinker. And they are, of course, blaming an endless racial smear on a WoC.

As it has from the beginning, what I find fascinating about all this is the parallels to Diana's and Charles's situation, and Diana's relationship with 1) the press, an 2) the truth.

The comparison of the notorious Panorama inteview with Diana casting aspersions on the BRF and her husand, whilst looking soulfully and tearfully at the camera, and this disgraceful bit of sympathy-fishing of a woman who three years ago was a 35 year old divorced C-list actress with dwindling professional prospects, no husband, no children, and looking at likely oblivion, complaining about how badly she has been treated by the people who rescued her from that likely oblivion, put her on the global map, and allowed much poorer taxpayers to contribute to what, by any measure of the planet, is a lifestyle out of the reach of 99..5% of its population.

It really was a shameful performance by a calcuclating narcissist who has nothing to complain about except being called out by the press on mistakes that she herself has made, including sticking two fingers up to the British government whilst on tour representing them.

Like Diana, who had been obsessed with marrying Charles from the age of 16, Meghan Markle got exactly what she wanted: global stardom in a role that would last her a lifetime, accommpanied by wealth, status, and membership in the highest profile royal family on earth.

And like Diana, Meghan found out that the price of entry was a certain level of duty toward the institution, a national government, and the necessity of occasionally not being herself on her own terms.

The difference this time is that the relationship that has broken down isn't between husband and wife, but amongst the married couple and the institution to which they owe everything they now are and have, and, more recently, the British Foreign Office.

It's that last that is really, I think, or should be, the sticking point for the BRF: this isn't about Harry and Meghan's marriage, it's about Harry and Meghan and THEM.

The Sussexes pulled all this shit whilst the Cambridges were on tour for that same Foreign Office, a no-no of similar proportions to abandoning their duties to push Meghan's lawsuit forward at the end of the Africa tour.

This all cannot have been lost on the Queen and Charles: Meghan and Harry are making it clear that they do not accept the rules as being applicable to them, and are going to do as they please, when they please - but will be happy to go on taking the perks that come with those HRHs and the Sovereign Grant and Charles's generosity.

I suppose it is possible that behind the scenes, this is more of the Sussexes laying the groundwork for their eventual departure, laying out there, "They made us do it with their terrible treatment of WoC Meghan."

If they aren't, and the BRF really are going to let them get away with this, then the BRF are looking as bad as the Sussexes.

by Anonymousreply 134October 19, 2019 12:34 PM

This Portuguese woman look ten times the qualifying that Mrs. Markle claims. TEN times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135October 19, 2019 12:45 PM

Well SAID,r134

by Anonymousreply 136October 19, 2019 12:49 PM

R134-You've summed up perfectly why it's time to Sweden the Sussexes. If the BRF don't, it's at their own peril.

by Anonymousreply 137October 19, 2019 4:06 PM

How sad R134's life must be.

by Anonymousreply 138October 19, 2019 7:59 PM

Right on target, r134.

But how “racist” and “misogynistic” of you to say it, etc.

by Anonymousreply 139October 19, 2019 9:44 PM

Ah, yes, R134-I was called a racist for pointing out that Markle adored her father on her blog but then ghosted him as soon as she met Harry.

by Anonymousreply 140October 20, 2019 3:10 AM

R140, I’m racist because she didn’t curtsy properly to a black queen.

But ANYWAY...

She and her husband will have a lovely vacation now, to gather their marbles and “spend time as a family”.

by Anonymousreply 141October 20, 2019 11:17 AM

The level of dystopian tone-deafness to reality being played out by these two borderline people is rising by the day. The DM has up today and article finally stating aloud what everyone is thinking, quoting and ITV journo stating that Harry wants to leave the UK altogether, and other pieces stating the couple as saying that "We're existing, not living" (which should come as quite a surprise to people interned in migrant camps in Libya where women are raped and sold into prostitution, the people sleeping rough on the nation's city streets, and the victims of the exploding knife crime across England, looking at the Sussex's five bedroom, $4 million home, security, staff, and Meghan's million dollar wardrobe and jewellery collection), and another piece quoting the couple as having decided to "take six weeks off at Christmas to "spend time together as a family".

If the latter is true, it's the most interesting bit, because it suggests (as one savvy poster btl on DM stated) that the decision is based not on not having enough time together (the royals have longer vacations than anyone else in the country, and most of the royals are "off" for that same six weeks absent turning on the lights in London), but on the knowledge that the BRF now can't stand being in the same room with them, doesn't want them along, and is no longer willing to the Happy Families panto on the way in and out of church at Sandringham.

They've been "spending time together as a family" since May when Meghan went on maternity leave. They took a lux vac. in Ibiza with the baby in the summer hols., They're not doing much now.

So it's a blind - a way to get in front of the story that there's no point in them going up to Sandringham for Christmas because the BRF has turned its collective back on them, they are now outcasts in the family. Just the way they got in front of the "No grand KP apartment for Meghan" by insisting they didn't want to live there anyway, and got in front of the "No HRH for Archie" by insisting they don't want titles for their kids so they can live "normal" (but wealthy and privileged) lives.

That these two rich twats posted this self-pitying trash whilst the country is being torn apart politically, and whilst the Cambridges were on tour in Pakistan, shows that they have absolutely no real connection to the BRF except through their titles and accidents of birth.

The whole thing is starting to seem psychotic.

It also looks as if their PR is carefully building the platform from which HMS No Longer Royal will be launched some time after New Year's - when the couple announce that after six weeks' reflection, they have come to the conclusion that they can do the most for humanity by freeing themsevles from the restrictions of royalty, and are surrendering their titles and Harry's and his children's places in the line of succession, and taking off for sunnier, freer climes where they can at last do the work they have always dreamed of doing together, on their own terms.

The papers and settlements are probably being drawn up now.

by Anonymousreply 142October 20, 2019 12:50 PM

Why are all the royal threads being closed?

by Anonymousreply 143October 20, 2019 1:50 PM

Roya Nikkhah on Twitter (and The Sunday Times) has more.

Some on Twitter believe Harry will be working on his Oprah documentary while in the US. Perhaps the plan is for the Sussexes to live part-time in LA and part-time in Windsor, while traveling extensively throughout Africa (with the blessing of the rest of the BRF.)

by Anonymousreply 144October 20, 2019 1:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!