Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kathy Griffin on Wendy Williams, 10/14/19

I haven't followed Kathy much, only due to lack of interest. But as someone who was a huuuge fan in the 00s and sporadically kept up with her this decade, I can only say that this interview is... sad. This is a changed woman, for the worse. Post-Trump scandal, I can hear PTSD in her voice, her mannerisms. She's as composed as she can be, but clearly this is frightening for her. Wow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59October 19, 2019 10:40 AM

I didn’t think that she sounded too bad. Is there a time in the video I should check out?

by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2019 8:01 AM

She's lost it. Not one laugh..just woe is me.

by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2019 8:10 AM

A whole movie about this whole old, boring story? I think I'll pass.

by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2019 8:11 AM

She did seem shaken about the Trump church-shooting video. I've always loved Kathy but I have also noticed a desperate, dancing-as-fast-as-I-can quality about her ever since that picture came out. Losing her sister to cancer and her mom developing dementia can't have helped. I hope she can find peace though I suspect she won't unless she is willing to step away from the spotlight for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 4October 16, 2019 8:20 AM

She most certainly looks healthier and better here than even recently. I think she looked too thin and haggard.

by Anonymousreply 5October 16, 2019 8:27 AM

[quote] I suspect she won't unless she is willing to step away from the spotlight for awhile.

It's all she knows.

She was genuinely funny and that's what her success was based on. No one wants to hear about her misery. She made a mistake and then made it worse.

by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2019 8:28 AM

I think her mom's dementia is really hitting her hard, that's a tough one. I hope she rebounds and shows those deplorable fucks they can't break her. Screw everyone who threw her under the bus as well.

by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2019 8:30 AM

Yeah her Mom doesn't recognize her anymore. That has to be tough.

by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2019 8:35 AM

Still love her. Her new hair looks good.

by Anonymousreply 9October 16, 2019 8:39 AM

Soooo self important. And Jesus, how suppressed can she be appearing on the Wendy Williams Show (and everywhere else)? She desperately wants to a persecuted figure a la Lenny Bruce. Go back to making fun of Brooke Shields, Clarabella.

by Anonymousreply 10October 16, 2019 8:42 AM

Joan Rivers pubic hair would be more interesting to watch than these 2 hags.

by Anonymousreply 11October 16, 2019 9:01 AM

She was treated like shit by the tRumpist right wing, the milquetoast middle and the sanctimonious left over a constitutionally protected classic depiction of a political message presented in a cartoonish image be an internationally renowned insult comedian. It was a cartoonish image of the decapitated head of an unpopular authoritarian. BFD. This type of graphic political imagery as a rejection of oppression has been commonplace in political art for thousands of years.

Alternately, the neo-fascist video depiction of a mass murdering tRump in a church where he is shooting, stabbing, beating, and maiming his political enemies doesn't satire, lampoon, nor is it wry or ironic. It fails the test of timely appropriateness and more importantly of decency in political satire though admittedly it remains protected as free speech. With that said, the video is poorly produced neo-fascist propaganda and is nothing more than a blatant and flagrant call to violence to the blood thirsty base, pure and simple. It has no redeeming value in the world of political satire unlike Kathy's photo which is already iconic and will go down in history.

And I'm not really a Kathy superfan to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 12October 16, 2019 10:35 AM

People who explain again and again why what happened to Kathy Griffin was wrong are missing the point. Of course it was wrong.

But she needs to let it go. She's not able to make it funny, so it's just her bitching, and people get tired of that, no matter how righteous the position of the person doing the bitching.

Let her keep going over and over this with her therapist if she needs to, and then come up with some new, funny, material for her audiences.

Or she could retire.

by Anonymousreply 13October 16, 2019 11:08 AM

Oh god, is she still going on about Trump and pushing the SJW shtick? She’s such a hypocritical asshole. She’s trashed every woman in the country and then couldn’t do Joan Rivers’ gig because it was too mean. She’s borderline. Everyone was supposedly a good friend. They tell a different story. She was an obsessed hanger on. Where’s the dirt she was going to spill on Trapper? Still waiting, Kathleen.

by Anonymousreply 14October 16, 2019 11:26 AM

She only cares about Trump because he cost her money. That’s all she cares about.

by Anonymousreply 15October 16, 2019 11:27 AM

I’m a long time fan of Kathy Griffin- loved her standup specials. I’ve seen her live twice back in the day. It pains me to say that she does seem whiny and martyr-ish on the circuit ever since the controversy. I get it- there was a huge firestorm and backlash. But she sticks to the same talking points in a way that makes you feel like you’re seated by a bitter divorcee who says the same thing over and over about her ex. She really does need to move on and when it’s discussed, address it with speed and show triumph. If I have to hear one more time about the Interpol and this and that... it’s tired. If she goes back to her core talent and what built her fan base and fortune- she will be back .

by Anonymousreply 16October 16, 2019 11:29 AM

I'm with R12.

Love you, Kathy. You're not alone.

by Anonymousreply 17October 16, 2019 11:31 AM

Right on, R12. I’m glad Kathy is still standing and hope she gets as Well as she can be,

by Anonymousreply 18October 16, 2019 11:48 AM

He broke me. Wahhhhhhh!!!

by Anonymousreply 19October 16, 2019 12:06 PM

Another great troll killing thread. Bye, R19.

by Anonymousreply 20October 16, 2019 12:07 PM

Ignore the trolls. Easy as pie.

Yeah, she's REALLY going through it. Her post about her mother really stuck with me. Does she have any more family?

by Anonymousreply 21October 16, 2019 12:23 PM

She showed the world a picture of Trump dead, his head in her hands.

Now Trump was shown a video of him killing her.

Why is she shocked? Didn't he just do her what she did him in the first place?

by Anonymousreply 22October 16, 2019 12:59 PM

What happened to Kathy was wrong and in a way we're all complicit because we sat back and allowed it to happen.

by Anonymousreply 23October 16, 2019 1:07 PM

I love Kathy, but she needs to retire. Doesn't she have more $$ than God at this point?

by Anonymousreply 24October 16, 2019 1:15 PM

How is her mother Maggie? Does anyone know?

by Anonymousreply 25October 16, 2019 1:27 PM

The people who complain the loudest about Kathy and the mask photo are people who don't actually care about it, they just want to whine about liberals who hate Trump. It's the only thing they think about 24/7.

by Anonymousreply 26October 16, 2019 1:38 PM

I like her but I’ve never found her funny. There’s always this air of desperation surrounding her. It’s just sad at this point. x

by Anonymousreply 27October 16, 2019 1:45 PM

Kathy? Carrot Top called. He wants his hair and face back.

by Anonymousreply 28October 16, 2019 1:59 PM

It's not Trump's fault and she doesn't have PTSD.

Her shtick was to make fun of celebrities by revealing private, back stage comments and incidences that these celebrities would've preferred to keep quiet and Griffin is pretty much shunned by those who supplied her with material so now she has nothing.

She could've easily recovered from the Trump thing, he is not exactly beloved, you know.

You're not seeing PTSD or Trump-related trauma, you're seeing a once popular comedienne who is desperate for attention and who desperate for paying jobs.

by Anonymousreply 29October 16, 2019 2:04 PM

God Griffin used to riff on Whitney Houston's wigs and now look at her.

by Anonymousreply 30October 16, 2019 2:05 PM

Go, Kathy. I wish she'd go to Times Square with Stormy and broadcast on the street with their cellphones and heckle Anderson and Andy streaming live.

by Anonymousreply 31October 16, 2019 2:06 PM

I used to like her, till she drank the Hillary koolaid. Just like all the other neoliberals, she wants liberalism that she can live with, but dear lord, don't raise her taxes.

I have no patience for her.

by Anonymousreply 32October 16, 2019 2:11 PM

It pretty much is Trump's fault and the media's fault, too, for all the "poor Barron thought that was his father's actual head" and all the op-eds about how evil Kathy was, and for the harassment by the FBI as if this was a real threat, and the media types on Twitter who worded their indignant tweets to make it sound like it was real blood and a real head and a legitimate threat.

by Anonymousreply 33October 16, 2019 2:25 PM

I'm curious to see what she does when this Trump story has run its course. After the movie is long forgotten, will she go back to making jokes about the Kardashians and Real Housewives? Or will she create a new "woke" persona that is political? What do her fans want from her in 2020 and beyond? Hm.

by Anonymousreply 34October 16, 2019 2:39 PM

I used to like her and thought she was funny. I've been to a few of her live shows.

But, her bitterness over the picture has made her a lot less funny.

Also, let's face it, she's morphing into Carrot Top.

by Anonymousreply 35October 16, 2019 2:55 PM

she's an idiot and she always has been. you make a career of dissing people (not unlike WW) and you find yourself alone and unwanted. she made her bed.

by Anonymousreply 36October 16, 2019 2:56 PM

I remember her saying she burst into tears when David Letterman agreed with her when she said she was attractive. She didn’t see the irony. She’s such a dumb cunt. She even lost Howard Stern who was completely embarrassed for her when she started crying like a little bitch at the press conference she called. She’s not bright.

by Anonymousreply 37October 16, 2019 2:59 PM

I remember her saying she burst into tears when David Letterman agreed with her when she said she was not attractive. She didn’t see the irony. She’s such a dumb cunt. She even lost Howard Stern who was completely embarrassed for her when she started crying like a little bitch at the press conference she called. She’s not bright.

by Anonymousreply 38October 16, 2019 3:00 PM

R5 Really? In OP's screen capture, KG looks like Carrot Top more than ever.

by Anonymousreply 39October 16, 2019 3:07 PM

I love Kathy and her comeback.

by Anonymousreply 40October 16, 2019 3:58 PM

What Kathy went through was rough, being investigated and put on FBI lists was too much. But I think what really got to her was finding out that people she thought were friends, were not her friends. Kathy, had more or less, clawed her way off the D list and had arrived so to speak. She wasn’t an A lister, but she was going to the all the big awards shows and invited to all the right parties. Then it all dried up because people were stupid enough to believe that Barron thought she had really cut his father’s head off. But this was still early in his presidency. Now we know that Barron hardly ever sees the man, hell he barely even knows the man.

by Anonymousreply 41October 16, 2019 4:46 PM

Pathetic that your Republican Party and crooked President are going down in flames and this is ALL OP can find to take pleasure in.

I didn't follow "The Apprentice" much, only due to lack of interest. But as someone who was a huuuge fan in the 00s of Donald Trump admitting his partnership with the mafia to David Letterman and getting his fat ass beaten to the ground on the WWE, I can only say his legal defense against impeachment is ... sad. This is a changed psychopath, for the worse. Post-Ukraine scandal, I can hear PTSD in even this hardened sociopath's voice, his mannerisms and his toadstool-shaped penis. He's as ballistic as ever, but clearly this is frightening for him. Wow.

Watch the little fascist eat his most loyal cronies and throw them under the bus before going to jail, where he still won't admit he's ever done anything wrong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42October 16, 2019 5:02 PM

I found many of her stand up comedy routines hilarious.

If handled correctly, the Trump incident could have left her with a patina of subversive bad-girl cool but she blew it.

by Anonymousreply 43October 16, 2019 5:13 PM

Nearly every single celeb (of any importance) is anti-Trump or a non-supporter of Trump. Why does it seem that only Kathy Griffin gets this treatment from Hollywood, TV networks and the media? Maybe the answer is her. The Trump thing finally gave all these people an excuse to distance themselves from her after she shit-talked all these years.

by Anonymousreply 44October 16, 2019 5:38 PM

[quote]make fun of celebrities by revealing private, back stage comments and incidences

Incidences?

by Anonymousreply 45October 17, 2019 3:08 AM

I have seen Kathy twice like many other here and was a fan. I think she was at are peak in 08-12, when pop/TMZ culture was at a zenith. We had Britney, Lindsay, Paris, Anna Nicole, The Hills, etc. Kathy had tons of material. Maybe she was better off when she was still striving and firmly on the d-list. She was still funny but even her pre-trump, later years were mostly Maggie jokes and Cher stories. I hope she does have a comeback. Times have changed a lot over the last 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 46October 17, 2019 3:23 AM

I stopped following her on Instagram. Is she still begging people to buy her “Fuck Trump” Xmas ornaments and other crap merch?

by Anonymousreply 47October 17, 2019 12:51 PM

[quote] But I think what really got to her was finding out that people she thought were friends, were not her friends.

I think friends is too much of a word. She might have framed it in her statements as close friendship for public consumption, but what she really was pissed about was the complete lack of professional loyalty from the ones (like Anderson Cooper) she has worked with in the past and then, like shallow high school kids, turned their backs on her when things got tough for a minute. She was expecting press releases where they say "I know Kathy Griffin, and she wouldn't hurt a fly!", but they were too afraid of Trump's tweets and the Deplorables being such an important viewer and consumer demographic *rollingeyes*.

And I love Kathy Griffin, but I think behind the scenes she was already on thin ice for the Fashion Police disaster where she took over Joan's show and then had to leave with some bogus excuse. I think that career misfire made her unpopular with a lot of people in Hollywood.

In a perverse way the Trump scandal gave her the final push to leave the US and tour overseas and kind of re-invent herself as SJW comedienne.

by Anonymousreply 48October 17, 2019 3:57 PM

She has lost the identities on which her comedy was based. I'm surprised she is too dumb to figure that out. In that sense, I think it is indeed possible that she really has PTSD because she hasn't been Show Business shrewd about the last couple years. Nor about her material success and the access she finally got when she was no longer D list. She's back on the D list and isn't funny. And is old.

by Anonymousreply 49October 17, 2019 4:12 PM

Isn't it strange how the anti-Kathy Griffin people turn out also to be deplorable moronic trash?

by Anonymousreply 50October 17, 2019 4:48 PM

You're trash.

by Anonymousreply 51October 18, 2019 4:12 AM

Did anyone catch Wendy saying, "My gays, " during her hot topics?

by Anonymousreply 52October 18, 2019 7:42 AM

She's going to Blow on Friday night while in LA for her walk of fame star

by Anonymousreply 53October 18, 2019 7:53 AM

Straight women who use the "my gays" expression should be whipped.

by Anonymousreply 54October 18, 2019 9:01 AM

love u Kathy !!!!!

ur our hero !!!!!

by Anonymousreply 55October 18, 2019 10:00 AM

[quote] This is a changed woman, for the worse. I can hear PTSD in her voice, her mannerisms.

He broke her.

by Anonymousreply 56October 18, 2019 5:58 PM

[quote]I wish she'd go to Times Square with Stormy and broadcast on the street with their cellphones and heckle Anderson and Andy streaming live.

Won't happen. KG doesn't get out of bed for less than $10k and what you're describing doesn't include a paycheck.

by Anonymousreply 57October 19, 2019 9:42 AM

[quote]what really got to her was finding out that people she thought were friends

Didn't she build her career on trashing and backstabbing other celebs?

by Anonymousreply 58October 19, 2019 10:03 AM

I used to love how she'd drop an octave when she was about to reveal some celebrity gossip. She really knew how to relate to and be intimate with her audience.

But I'd never sit through 90 minutes of her yakking. I hate stand-up comedy in general. a 5 minute clip on YouTube is fine.

Back to Kathy. That thing she did on Oprah & Streisand was a good a stand-up "monologue" as I've ever seen or heard. She was at the height of her powers. When people fall you mustn't forget them when they were at their height.

by Anonymousreply 59October 19, 2019 10:40 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!