Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who do you think won the 3rd Democratic Debate?

Well?

by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2019 8:27 AM

Oh screw it! I tried to do a debate thread TWICE and this site is so janky I just can’t.

If someone else’s can, feel free.

by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2019 5:50 AM

I'm unpersuaded any of them won a thing, but Biden's " I am not a crook" moment probably made him the big loser.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2019 5:50 AM

(CNN) A dozen (!) Democratic presidential candidates took the stage in Ohio for the fourth debate of the 2020 election, the largest field ever to participate in a single debate.

I watched, took notes, tweeted and picked some of the best -- and the worst -- of the night. My winners and losers are below.

WINNERS

* Pete Buttigieg: The South Bend mayor had one clear goal in the debate: Hit Elizabeth Warren on her support for "Medicare for All," and make sure Democratic voters knew he had an alternate plan that would not eliminate the private health insurance market. Mission accomplished. And remember: The polling I've seen makes clear that voters prefer a plan that preserves the right to choose a private insurance plan than one that gets ride of the private market in favor of a government-run plan. Buttigieg didn't stop there. His response to Rep. Tulsi Gabbard's call to end "endless wars" was powerful, leaning heavily on his own military service. He slammed former Rep. Beto O'Rourke on gun control, with one of the lines of the night: "I don't need lessons from you in courage, political or personal." From beginning to end, Buttigieg was a dominant and commanding force. Yes, some will say he was "mean." But debates -- and primaries! -- are about drawing contrasts, and that is what Buttigieg did. And did very well.

* Andrew Yang: If I told you even three months ago that there would be a time in mid-October in which there was an extended conversation in a Democratic debate about the dangers of automation, you would have laughed at me. And yet, there we were on Tuesday night -- a full debate within the debate, about Yang's pet issue. It's a testament to Yang's remarkable rise in this race -- second only to Buttigieg's -- and to the fact that he is already having a significant impact on the conversation within the Democratic Party. Plus, that "MATH" pin was straight fire.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2019 5:55 AM

Sorry, I didn’t know it was the fourth debate. If somebody redoes the poll it won’t hurt my feelings but I’m not going to type all that up again just for the website to time out and have it all go blank on me again.

Otherwise I got most of them in there before the post to decide to post itself.

by Anonymousreply 4October 16, 2019 5:57 AM

Pete is a pissy little bitch. No one wants to vote for someone with his demeanor. He loves to correct everyone and he's turned nasty. Very loserish tactics.

Klobuchar and Yang were very good - focused, rational and natural. Bernie had his moments and looks well, Corey just wants everyone to get along, Kamala is TRYING so HARD and Warren is never cornered. She does have a plan and an answer for everything, but she's inflexible. Biden is a mean SOB and that works in his favor when speaking about Trump but not about anything else. Very short tempered. Everyone but Bernie, Pete, Warren and Castro seemed nervous.

Castro is strangely SEXY and Beto is homely and dumb as fuck. He looks anemic. Beto and Pete had a little bitch off and Pete won the bitchy part. Beto won for maintaining his blank look.

Tulsi Gabbard is dunzo.

by Anonymousreply 5October 16, 2019 6:43 AM

R5, projecting much?

by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2019 6:52 AM

OP: where’s Beto?

by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2019 8:24 AM

Biden was the biggest loer. Most of the lower tier candidates didn't improve their standing as well.

by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2019 8:27 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!