Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is Seattle really as rainy as people say?

Does it ruin what could be a great place to live?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 16, 2019 12:13 AM

It tends to be a "soft rain". It's grey and winter can be particularly depressing---sleet but little if any snow, so nothing to reflectthe limited light.

by Anonymousreply 1October 15, 2019 10:10 PM

Chicago gets more rain per year than Seattle. The thing about Seattle is quality, not quantity. Seattle can be bathed in drizzle for days, with fog and low clouds. Chicago gets hit with rain or thunderstorms, then it can be sunny the next day.

by Anonymousreply 2October 15, 2019 10:10 PM

I went to college in Bellingham, north of there and it was dismal.

by Anonymousreply 3October 15, 2019 10:18 PM

Sounds depressing

by Anonymousreply 4October 15, 2019 10:19 PM

Dreary - the winters there are long, wet, cold and monotonous. LIterally no sunshine for what seems like months.

I'm not a fan of Seattle.

by Anonymousreply 5October 15, 2019 10:20 PM

It’s just a drizzle.

by Anonymousreply 6October 15, 2019 10:22 PM

R5: The upside though is that winter has highs in the 40s and 50s. While in Chicago we're in the 20s and 30s, with 10s and single digits from time to time. It is a trade off.

by Anonymousreply 7October 15, 2019 10:23 PM

Based on OP's picture, it appears to be raining men.

It's raining men, hallelujah.

by Anonymousreply 8October 15, 2019 10:26 PM

Seattle is far more depressing and less fun than Portland.

by Anonymousreply 9October 15, 2019 10:27 PM

[quote]Based on OP's picture, it appears to be raining men. It's raining men, hallelujah.

I googled: gays-rain-Seattle.

But I could find anything that fulfilled the full criteria so I just settled on gays in Seattle (in the sunshine).

by Anonymousreply 10October 15, 2019 10:34 PM

[quote]But I could find anything that fulfilled the full criteria so I just settled on gays in Seattle (in the sunshine).

Here you go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 15, 2019 10:36 PM

At least it makes everything green.

by Anonymousreply 12October 15, 2019 10:38 PM

Nice place to visit, but wouldn't live there. Yes, it often rains (or drizzles), but the deal breaker is the traffic.

by Anonymousreply 13October 15, 2019 10:52 PM

Seattle doesn’t have the fake hate crimes committed in zero-degree weather by Nigerian thugs like Chicago does.

by Anonymousreply 14October 15, 2019 11:34 PM

A fellow who lives in Palm Sprngs told me it's not the rain, but the grey skies that drove him gazonkers batshit depressed. I'm just used to it. My little made up joke about one way you can tell a native Seattleite is when somebody from a location that actually has four seasons says, "What happened? There was no summer this year!?" The native Seattleite's reply? "Oh, maybe next year."

by Anonymousreply 15October 15, 2019 11:49 PM

R9 is accurate.

by Anonymousreply 16October 16, 2019 12:13 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!