Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The 10 Largest Cities In The Year 2100

None of them are in the Americas or China, and some of them you've probably never even heard of.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 17, 2019 2:34 AM

[quote]The 10 Largest Cities In The Year 2100

Largest doesn't mean the best city. It just means the population will explode.

Your video says Afghanistan will have one of the top cities. LOL, history nor climate change will be or have been kind to the Middle East. Afghanistan is expected to be a boiler room as climate changes. Saudi Arabia is expected to run out of fresh water by 2040. Girl those populations will migrate or slow down before they get the chance to see become big cities.

Los Angeles has never been one of the the top 10 cities, like ever, yet she still one of the most important cities of the present and probably the future as well.

by Anonymousreply 1October 15, 2019 10:09 PM

Who said anything about what cities would be the best? Start your own thread about that pal.

by Anonymousreply 2October 15, 2019 10:26 PM

Won't they all be underwater or scorched to oblivion? Or both?

by Anonymousreply 3October 15, 2019 10:30 PM

It's hard to think of a more trusted predictor of the future than The B1M, OP.

by Anonymousreply 4October 15, 2019 10:31 PM

And of course R1 knows more about everything than anyone else. By 2100 L.A. may be a desert wasteland. The movie industry may be completely dead by then. Who knows what kind of entertainment people enjoy by then. L.A. may have been completely washed away by a massive tsunami by then.

by Anonymousreply 5October 15, 2019 10:31 PM

And, by then? By then? By then...by then....by then....by then........

by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2019 12:06 AM

So for those of us who aren’t sitting through an 11-minute video, what are the ten cities?

by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2019 1:06 AM

I hate it when these lists turn out to be overlong videos - no one has time for that shit! Here's the list:

10. Kabul, Afghanistan – 50.3 Million

9. Kolkata, India – 52.4 Million

8. Dhaka, Bangladesh – 54.3 Million

7. Niamey, Niger – 56.1 Million

6. Khartoum, Sudan – 56.6 Million

5. Delhi, India - 57.3 Million

4. Mumbai, India - 67.2 Million

3. Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania - 73.7 Million

2. Kinshasa, Democratic Republic Of The Congo - 83.5 Million

1. Lagos, Nigeria - 88.3 Million

by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2019 1:26 AM

All shithole cities in shithole countries.

by Anonymousreply 9October 16, 2019 1:37 AM

R8 - we love you. Thanks.

Ugh - thanks god I’ll be dead.

by Anonymousreply 10October 16, 2019 1:46 AM

If they think Sudan can support a city of 50+ million people, they are fucking idiots.

Where do they think the water will come from to sustain a city that large in the middle of the desert?

by Anonymousreply 11October 16, 2019 1:57 AM

Also, Mumbai does not have the physical room to sustain that many more people.

by Anonymousreply 12October 16, 2019 1:58 AM

I wonder if we will be able to see what is going on here on earth from heaven?

by Anonymousreply 13October 16, 2019 2:06 AM

I can easily see Lagos being one of the most populous, if not the most populous city but Niamey in Top 10?? No fucking way! There's hardly anything in the landlocked Niger which is an arid, Saharan place to support the population of that size without any major source of wealth - unless they find a way to turn uranium into food.

by Anonymousreply 14October 16, 2019 2:14 AM

Don't worry if those cities in Africa and the Middle East get too congested, they can always go repopulate the aging continent of Europe and the UK. They're working on it already.

by Anonymousreply 15October 16, 2019 2:29 AM

It would be bad enough to have a plague outbreak in some western nation with a first world medical infrastructure. I can just imagine what you would see in some third world megalopolis situate in Sudan or Bangladesh.

by Anonymousreply 16October 16, 2019 5:25 AM

Who hasn't heard of all of those cities? OP, you'd have to be a fucking ignorant moron to have not heard of all those listed cities.

by Anonymousreply 17October 16, 2019 6:08 AM

Bullshit R17. I bet if you ask 10 people on the street if they've ever heard of Niamey, Niger, or Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania you'd be lucky to find 1 who had.

by Anonymousreply 18October 16, 2019 3:45 PM

I am SO glad I'll be dead by then. There is no way that we can accommodate that many people. Everyone needs to go to a one-child only policy now.

by Anonymousreply 19October 16, 2019 4:33 PM

First of all I've heard of all those cities, I have a fifth grade education and then some.

Second there is no way in hell those cities will be that big, you don't have enough water to support them.

Third, the figures are taking a ratio and assuming it will always grow. If I have a population of 100 and ten years later it's now 1,000, it's unlikely the place will grow ten times every upcoming decade.

by Anonymousreply 20October 16, 2019 4:45 PM

What are they basing those populations on, UN projections? Because they’re probably way off. In fact in 2100 there will be fewer people on earth than there are today:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 16, 2019 4:51 PM

Uh, no. I'll take care of this.

by Anonymousreply 22October 17, 2019 2:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!