Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Got this email from my boss...

Please be prepared to discuss the failure to unload trailer 861664 (go carts) on 10/3/2019.

Also on Wednesday 10/9 please be prepared to discuss why you all were only able to unload (1) jiffy trailer and change over line 5 mailers (20 hours of labor). There may be a good reason but I am absolutely baffled at last night’s performance from you both. Looking at the wash there was a great deal of gaps and I would like to know what you were doing to fill those gaps. I am curious to hear about the barriers you faced that caused this performance. Also please come armed with recommended changes so as not to put the team in this position again.

As you know when one shift encounters barriers like this it causes the next shift to have to scramble to get caught up.

Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 38October 19, 2019 10:33 PM

OP, are you a “cast member” or just a member?

by Anonymousreply 1October 15, 2019 6:01 PM

Time to find a new job.

by Anonymousreply 2October 15, 2019 6:01 PM

OP=toast

by Anonymousreply 3October 15, 2019 6:01 PM

Inquiring minds like mine want to know as well , what happened to you two!

by Anonymousreply 4October 15, 2019 6:01 PM

They definitely were fucking.

by Anonymousreply 5October 15, 2019 6:03 PM

A little context. What is the usual requirement, how long have you been there and what is going on?

by Anonymousreply 6October 15, 2019 6:04 PM

How old are you, OPee?

by Anonymousreply 7October 15, 2019 6:05 PM

OP, sounds like it's time for a performance improvement plan. If you don't have a logical explanation for your team's deficiencies.

by Anonymousreply 8October 15, 2019 6:05 PM

I miss the good old days before decades of HR self-justifying “refinements.” Back then, a boss could just say “Don’t bother showing up for tomorrow’s shift. You’re fired.”

by Anonymousreply 9October 15, 2019 6:06 PM

Who’s the other person involved?

by Anonymousreply 10October 15, 2019 6:06 PM

Boss was upset one trailer didn't get unloaded 2 weeks ago. We didn't unload it because there was no available space. I also ended up leaving early with some personal time.

Did roughly the same amount of work the prior shift did which had triple the same amount of labor.

by Anonymousreply 11October 15, 2019 6:07 PM

Boss was upset one trailer didn't get unloaded 2 weeks ago. We didn't unload it because there was no available space. I also ended up leaving early with some personal time.

Did roughly the same amount of work the prior shift did which had triple the same amount of labor.

by Anonymousreply 12October 15, 2019 6:07 PM

Other person involved is my fellow shift mate.

by Anonymousreply 13October 15, 2019 6:08 PM

Pleased be prepared to get fired.

by Anonymousreply 14October 15, 2019 6:08 PM

Won't get fired over this. We have a verbal, then written then final system.

by Anonymousreply 15October 15, 2019 6:09 PM

Immediate terminations are handed out for safety violations, assaulting a fellow employee or willful destruction of company property.

by Anonymousreply 16October 15, 2019 6:11 PM

[quote]They definitely were fucking.

push push push

in the bush

down on their knees

with the birds and the bees

by Anonymousreply 17October 15, 2019 6:12 PM

[quote]Boss was upset one trailer didn't get unloaded 2 weeks ago. We didn't unload it because there was no available space. I also ended up leaving early with some personal time.

I think I would have emailed him to explain why the trailer couldn't be unloaded and remind him that you were taking personal time. He's aware of it and it's up to him to shift resources to complete the job and you have an email trail showing that you kept him informed.

by Anonymousreply 18October 15, 2019 6:27 PM

OP, the big mistake you made was not telling your boss the next day why the trailer had not been unloaded. Never saying a thing makes him think you were trying to hide something. Don't let performance failures go unexplained, especially if there's a perfectly logical reason.

by Anonymousreply 19October 15, 2019 6:28 PM

Just reply “I would prefer not to.”

by Anonymousreply 20October 15, 2019 6:34 PM

Or "can we just not, and say we did"?

by Anonymousreply 21October 15, 2019 6:36 PM

[quote] Other person involved is my fellow shift mate.

Did you imagine scenarios, exchanges, fucking him?

by Anonymousreply 22October 15, 2019 6:36 PM

[quote]OP, the big mistake you made was not telling your boss the next day why the trailer had not been unloaded.

Actually my co-worker did send an email letting him know the door was stuck and a lack of storage space. I have been on vacation from Oct 3rd til last night so this was all news to me when I returned. It has been 2 weeks now so I cannot figure out why he wants to keep needling this situation.

by Anonymousreply 23October 15, 2019 6:41 PM

Can we have your stuff? (Assuming it’s not still in the trailer)

by Anonymousreply 24October 15, 2019 6:42 PM

Well then, either he forgot about the coworker's email, or he's a buffoon and shouldn't be in management.

by Anonymousreply 25October 15, 2019 6:48 PM

[quote]he's a buffoon and shouldn't be in management.

It is funny you mention this. His job used to be split between two people until we lost our other boss two months ago to a promotion. The other boss always told us he was carrying this guy and he only handled one aspect of the job while the other handled multiple responsibilities like ordering, dealing with our team, etc. A few of our team have theorized that he is stressed now that all the responsibility is on him alone and he is lashing out due to stress. He also just got a new boss and I know some said his old boss, also former military, did a lot to cover for him.

I was discussing this earlier today with a former co-worker who recently moved on and about a year ago on a weekend he showed up yelling at this guy about his time and you could smell liquor on his breath. He ended up going to HR but then our boss went out on personal leave for a few weeks and it was never really addressed again.

by Anonymousreply 26October 15, 2019 6:56 PM

Is that a good job - trailer unloader? You get to travel around and stuff?

by Anonymousreply 27October 15, 2019 7:06 PM

Update, OP? I'm interested as to how this will be resolved.

by Anonymousreply 28October 16, 2019 12:46 AM

Guess when OP's posts start coming in 24/7, we will have an answer as to the outcome.

by Anonymousreply 29October 16, 2019 12:53 AM

The meeting is not until tomorrow. Just as a side note, my boss's new boss is paying a site visit tomorrow.

We'll see what happens.

by Anonymousreply 30October 16, 2019 3:40 AM

A gay man has a job unloading trailers?

Wait ... are you a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 31October 16, 2019 3:51 AM

We’ll see!

by Anonymousreply 32October 16, 2019 4:07 AM

October 3rd is nearly two weeks ago. October 9th is a week ago today. So were you "prepared"?

by Anonymousreply 33October 16, 2019 4:14 AM

Get out the kneepads OP.

by Anonymousreply 34October 16, 2019 4:18 AM

Update, OP?

by Anonymousreply 35October 19, 2019 1:38 PM

It was a big nothing. Just wanted to know about the "breakdown in communication."

by Anonymousreply 36October 19, 2019 5:38 PM

I'm glad everything worked out alright, OP

by Anonymousreply 37October 19, 2019 6:03 PM

Your boss sounds like a douche. He reminds me of my last boss except her can form an actual sentence. She was a fat cunt so I quit.

by Anonymousreply 38October 19, 2019 10:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!