Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

HBO Max greenlights Grease series Rydell High

It just gets worse and worse over there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 16, 2019 6:20 AM

So Glee but for nostalgic boomers?

by Anonymousreply 1October 15, 2019 4:53 PM

This is bound to suck bigly.

by Anonymousreply 2October 15, 2019 4:55 PM

They could use the original cast and position it as a horror series.

by Anonymousreply 3October 15, 2019 5:15 PM

[quote]They could use the original cast and position it as a horror series.

Especially if they include Jeff Conaway.

by Anonymousreply 4October 15, 2019 5:38 PM

What is odd about this is that HBO Max is supposed to exist so AT&T can mine Warner Bros IP, and yet they’re ordering this from Paramount.

by Anonymousreply 5October 15, 2019 5:41 PM

As an HBONow subscriber, I guess HBOMax is good because basically it will be the same as Now but with even more content and for supposedly the same basic price.

by Anonymousreply 6October 15, 2019 5:43 PM

No HBO Now will not include HBO Max. You will have to subscribe to both.

by Anonymousreply 7October 15, 2019 5:49 PM

I wish Eve Arden and Dodie Goodman were still around for it.

by Anonymousreply 8October 15, 2019 5:54 PM

Well I think the idea is everyone will cancel HboNow and get HboMax. I expect that HboNow will be going the way of the Dodo.

The rumor is Max will launch for $17, and why i am going to pay not pay two more dollars.

Though whether people who don't subscribe to HBO now will be tempted like Max like they are hoping, I am not so sure.

by Anonymousreply 9October 15, 2019 6:07 PM

HBO Max will not include any new content from HBO.

by Anonymousreply 10October 15, 2019 6:34 PM

You are mistaken r10. HBOMax is going to include everything that HBONow does. It's going to make HBONow largely obsolete.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 15, 2019 6:57 PM

Ok I misunderstood. It’s very confusing.

So HBO Max will include HBO Now and may even cost the same. That means they may lower the cost of HBO Now. So, they may lower it to 10 and price HBO Max fifteen, to compete with Netflix

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 15, 2019 7:19 PM

In a short while just streaming channels will cost than what a month of cable costs now.

by Anonymousreply 13October 15, 2019 8:01 PM

Yes that is basically the point

Streaming is just a more efficient way of delivering the same garbage

by Anonymousreply 14October 15, 2019 8:53 PM

Efficient for whom? It's a pain in the ass to Roku all these channels and smart TV's ain't that smart to get them all either.

by Anonymousreply 15October 15, 2019 9:29 PM

Will there be male nudity?

by Anonymousreply 16October 15, 2019 9:40 PM

Only Eugene!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 15, 2019 10:23 PM

R16 I seriously doubt it 😄

by Anonymousreply 18October 16, 2019 6:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!