Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

2020 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Nominees for 2020

The Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame unveiled the list of nominees for 2020 induction into the institution. The Dave Matthews Band, Soundgarden and Nine Inch Nails are among the 16 acts nominated, which includes nine that are on the ballot for the first time. Inductees will be announced in January and inducted into the Rock Hall during a ceremony at Cleveland’s Public Hall on May 2, 2020.

DMB, Soundgarden, the Doobie Brothers, Thin Lizzy, Whitney Houston, Motörhead, The Notorious B.I.G., Pat Benatar are the first time nominees. NIN, Depeche Mode, Kraftwerk, MC5, Rufus featuring Chaka Khan, Judas Priest and Todd Rundgren are also on the ballot once again.

An individual artist or band must have released its first commercial recording at least 25 years prior to the year of induction to be eligible for nomination. Fans can take part in the induction selection process by casting votes here. The winner of the fan vote will be part of a pool of 1,000+ artists, music industry veterans, journalists and historians.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27November 13, 2019 9:25 PM

Several first time nominees...

Will Whitney be humiliated like some others and have to try for three times before getting in?

by Anonymousreply 1October 15, 2019 2:03 PM

Pat is definitely getting in. Mark my words!

by Anonymousreply 2October 15, 2019 2:20 PM

My guess would be DMB, Whitney, Pat, Depeche Mode and BIG.

by Anonymousreply 3October 15, 2019 2:24 PM

Thin Lizzy man!

Depeche Mode! so good in concert!

WTF has Nine Nich Nails done? NOTHING! not worthy! Trent is a midget!

by Anonymousreply 4October 15, 2019 2:33 PM

Motorhead!!! gotta get in!

by Anonymousreply 5October 15, 2019 2:33 PM

The Doobies haven't been nominated before? Weird.

by Anonymousreply 6October 15, 2019 2:38 PM

Whitney was Rock & Roll?

by Anonymousreply 7October 15, 2019 2:38 PM

I was surprised DMB hadn't been nominated before but I think this was their first year eligible.

Why hasn't Whitney been nominated before?

by Anonymousreply 8October 15, 2019 2:45 PM

Complaining that a nominee isn't "rock n roll" is so 1991.

OP didn't mention it but T. Rex is also a worthy nominee.

I'd be surprised if Pat Benatar got in but if Janet Jackson can do it, I guess Pat can too.

by Anonymousreply 9October 15, 2019 2:53 PM

Yes, but will it take Pat 3 times and a promise to not cancel not even one show on her upcoming tour, to get in?

by Anonymousreply 10October 15, 2019 2:58 PM

I will be really upset if Depeche Mode doesn't make it! They fucking deserve it!

Much better and sold more records than all these unworthy motherfuckers on the list!

by Anonymousreply 11October 15, 2019 2:58 PM

Chaka Khan is a very influential singer. This is like her 7th or 8th time being nominated as part of Rufus or as a solo artist. She deserves to be inducted.

by Anonymousreply 12October 15, 2019 3:01 PM

[quote] Whitney was Rock & Roll?

I really love Whitney but I feel the same. I don't care so much about the HOF but if it's for "rock and roll" artists that's not Whitney. If Barbra Streisand and Dionne Warwick are not eligible then Whitney Houston shouldn't be either.

by Anonymousreply 13October 15, 2019 3:05 PM

Babs is ineligible?

by Anonymousreply 14October 15, 2019 3:19 PM

Is the induction ceremony still not held in Cleveland? If the douchy celebs can't be bothered to go to where the actual museum is, they shouldn't be included.

by Anonymousreply 15October 15, 2019 3:35 PM

They did it at Barclay's last year, if my memory serves. Who the fuck wants to go to fucking flyover state Ohio for the main event? At least people can enjoy NYC if they make the trip.

by Anonymousreply 16October 15, 2019 3:38 PM

If DMB gets in it'd be interesting to see how they handle the Boyd Tinsley situation. Will they allow him to show up?

by Anonymousreply 17October 15, 2019 3:55 PM

I could have predicted that DMB would shoot to the top of the Fan Vote by a huge margin. Their fans are rabid and insane.

by Anonymousreply 18November 13, 2019 2:21 AM

I want a 3 way with Trent Reznor and David Gahan.

by Anonymousreply 19November 13, 2019 2:24 AM

R17 he should absolutely be there however, fans are crying for his head and saying he shouldn't.

From the looks of it though the might not be in the right mental state to show up.

by Anonymousreply 20November 13, 2019 2:26 AM

Snubbed again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21November 13, 2019 2:29 AM

AND WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE GO-GO'S?

by Anonymousreply 22November 13, 2019 2:31 AM

I think it'll take Depeche Mode a few years to get in.

Not that I care too much about the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame. I'm just happy that Roxy Music were able to get in last year!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23November 13, 2019 2:45 AM

Kraftwerk before Depeche Mode

by Anonymousreply 24November 13, 2019 2:55 AM

"Is the induction ceremony still not held in Cleveland? If the douchy celebs can't be bothered to go to where the actual museum is, they shouldn't be included."

Bother yourself to look at the picture at the OP's post. You can clearly see " See you in Cleveland." BTW, the ceremonies in Cleveland far exceed the one in Brooklyn, because the people care more about it; it's not just another in a series of events.

by Anonymousreply 25November 13, 2019 5:09 AM

No Connie Francis? This makes the whole R&R Hall of Fame a colossal joke.

by Anonymousreply 26November 13, 2019 9:08 AM

R26 Connie should have been among the first to get inducted. She had the first rock and roll million seller by a female and she opened the doors for females. Her versatility might be the factor that has influenced her omission.

by Anonymousreply 27November 13, 2019 9:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!