Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Terminator: Dark Fate

The last Terminator movie I watched was a pile of shit. But 63 year old Linda Hamilton looks badass stepping out of that Jeep. I'll probably go see this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47November 4, 2019 3:17 AM

The most offensive thing about this is that they butchered the original Bjork song.

by Anonymousreply 1October 15, 2019 5:01 AM

I don't know. I saw the trailer. Explosions, fires and other action movie tropes. Seems unimaginative already.

by Anonymousreply 2October 15, 2019 5:23 AM

Tracking says this one will not do well. Too many bad revisits after T2. Look at how badly all of Arnie's movies did after his post-governor revival.

by Anonymousreply 3October 15, 2019 5:40 AM

It’s a direct sequel to T2. All the other films are being ignored. James Cameron has nothing to do with them. He finally got the rights back and went to work on this.

by Anonymousreply 4October 15, 2019 5:43 AM

I would say she hasn't aged well, but she was never much to look at to begin with

by Anonymousreply 5October 15, 2019 5:51 AM

She looks great, like a real 63 yo woman and not some hiper botoxed mutant.

I'm seeing the film just for her.

by Anonymousreply 6October 15, 2019 5:59 AM

Of course I’ll see any Terminator. But since they’re getting the original band back together, I have a feeling it will be good!

by Anonymousreply 7October 15, 2019 6:10 AM

Yes, OP, we must have more geriatric females being Bad-ass.

I want a Badass Olivia de Havilland.

by Anonymousreply 8October 15, 2019 6:13 AM

I was Cameron's first choice! I turned it down because there were no sex scenes with Arnold.

by Anonymousreply 9October 15, 2019 6:23 AM

Jamie Lee Curtis’ characterization in the new HALLOWEEN sequels was totally stolen from Linda Hamilton’s in TERMINATOR 2.

Battle Laurie.

by Anonymousreply 10October 15, 2019 6:28 AM

Hope her twin sister also turns up

by Anonymousreply 11October 15, 2019 6:38 AM

Why does the Terminator/protector look so genderfluid?

by Anonymousreply 12October 15, 2019 6:57 AM

I'm going to a double feature: T2 and then Dark Fate, which will either be wonderful or the most terrible idea ever.

by Anonymousreply 13October 15, 2019 9:44 AM

Going off on a tangent here but James Cameron really has the oddest tastes in women for a rich prominent straight guy. Linda wasn't terrible-looking in her youth but she was hard and butch, and the current wife looks like an anorexic crazy cat lady.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 15, 2019 9:59 AM

Holy shit - she looks like a halloween prop.

by Anonymousreply 15October 15, 2019 10:20 AM

I thought it was Steven Tyler from Aerosmith in the trailer at first.

I am gonna see this unless the reviews are unanimously bad. Thought the last one was shockingly dull and just a bad film though so it needs to be better than that.

by Anonymousreply 16October 15, 2019 10:27 AM

Linda said she wants people to see her in the film and think, “She looks horrible.” She’s not in the dark about this and made herself look even worse. The character has been through a lot.

by Anonymousreply 17October 15, 2019 3:00 PM

R12 You mean Mackenzie Davis?

by Anonymousreply 18October 15, 2019 4:13 PM

Sounds good to me R13 , since T2 is basically a bigger budgeted version of T1, and a sequel too.

I'm still trying to forget T3, Salvation, and Genysis.

All throughout Genysis I thought "Did Jai Courtney have to get fucked or just present hold to get a leading role in a Hollywood film?"

by Anonymousreply 19October 15, 2019 11:53 PM

Oops, I meant HOLE

by Anonymousreply 20October 15, 2019 11:59 PM

Please, R8, Olivia de Havilland could chew your ass a new one and spit it out. That woman is pretty terrifying. She got that old being mean and spiteful.

by Anonymousreply 21October 16, 2019 12:07 AM

[Quote] I'm still trying to forget T3, Salvation, and Genysis.

Looking back, T3 wasn't that bad. The humour was way off though. And there wasn't really anything to look forward to with Genisys since they spoiled everything in the trailers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 16, 2019 6:37 AM

T3 is a masterpiece compared to Salvation and Genisys; I love Jason Clarke as an actor but faces like his were NOT meant to be watched on the big screen for 120+ minutes.

by Anonymousreply 23October 16, 2019 9:11 AM

Cannot wait. I’m going to watch The Terminator and T2. I can skip the rest, right?

by Anonymousreply 24October 17, 2019 8:32 AM

R24 yes

by Anonymousreply 25October 17, 2019 9:34 AM

Thanks r25. T1 and T2 it is. I love Michael Biehn.

by Anonymousreply 26October 17, 2019 2:12 PM

R4 ahh, yes. Just as I returned to BAT OUT OF HELL after Meat tried to make it on his own and came craaaaaawwling back, defeated.

by Anonymousreply 27October 22, 2019 8:20 PM

R23 Nick Stahl was totally gorgeous in RISE OF THE MACHINES. I've watched it a dozen times just for him...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 22, 2019 8:23 PM

more Nick!J.C….

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 22, 2019 8:27 PM

#3 and Genisys weren't that bad. They were nowhere near as good as the first two but not awful. Salvation I thought was a complete bore. I'll probably see this one. Love the fact they have LH back.

by Anonymousreply 30October 22, 2019 11:46 PM

I loved Nick Stahl from Disturbing Behaviour and Carnivale even though I saw the former with my mother and upon seeing the poster she called him and James Marsden Beauty And The Beast.

by Anonymousreply 31October 25, 2019 12:50 PM

[Quote] she called him and James Marsden Beauty And The Beast.

Lol! Disturbing Behaviour is a classic though. I still wish they'd gone with the alternate ending.

by Anonymousreply 32October 25, 2019 1:30 PM

Ummmm I like Salvation. I don’t get the hate for it. I hated 3.

Genisys was stupid but at least fast paced.

by Anonymousreply 33October 25, 2019 2:29 PM

R31 love to your Moms but, Stahl is sexy albeit in a scuzzy offbeat tragic way. Nick has beautiful eyes and flawless skin when he scrubs up.

I remember thinking that I wanted to lick the sweat off his chest in the opening scene of T3, when we first meet a mid-20s John working construction/demolition.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34October 25, 2019 3:42 PM

R14 Cameron's present wife barely has any meat on her. She looks very white trash and has homeless chic written all over her. Like he picked her out of one of the thousands of mentally ill, homeless trash in LA's Skid Row. Good thing is she probably does what she is told which is what an old school chauvinist like Cameron would prefer. He just has to lift up a garbage can every time she mouths off at him.

Anyway, I finally found the opening scene of the new Terminator shitfest. They are so bankrupt of ideas they had to show all these scenes from T2. Why the fuck would the Terminators come out of the ocean? Absurd.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35November 3, 2019 5:26 PM

^ I heard that John Conner gets killed off in the first 5 minutes of the new movie.

SPOILER ALERT!

by Anonymousreply 36November 3, 2019 5:40 PM

Loved Terminator: Dark Fate. Too bad about the bad box office, but now Tim Miller can put the blame on James Cameron who said that he battled with Miller over the script.

by Anonymousreply 37November 3, 2019 5:45 PM

It seems like every one of the post T2 films has its fans and detractors and this latest is no exception. Count me as one who enjoyed all the movies while at the same time admitting they do nothing to build on or add depth to this iconic franchise.

by Anonymousreply 38November 3, 2019 7:10 PM

In this movie about near-future machines ruling the world have they come up with drones yet? Satellite surveillance? Sonic weapons? Or is is all still boom boom machine guns and explosions?

by Anonymousreply 39November 3, 2019 8:19 PM

R39 it's a Cameron film, so what do you think? Just be grateful no-one's shagging any magical trees and we don't have to listen to Celine Dion.

R35 wtf? How did they do that scene with little Furlong as John? Did they just dub in his current voice (strangely enough, still that pubescent) over a CGI body & face of a different kid, or is that a T2 deleted scene from 1992 that never got used or released so they recycled it for this shitfest?

by Anonymousreply 40November 3, 2019 9:00 PM

[Quote] Just be grateful no-one's shagging any magical trees and we don't have to listen to Celine Dion.

Lol I knew there was something missing from Avatar. Wonder how the sequels will do?

[Quote] How did they do that scene with little Furlong as John? Did they just dub in his current voice (strangely enough, still that pubescent) over a CGI body & face of a different kid, or is that a T2 deleted scene from 1992 that never got used or released so they recycled it for this shitfest?

I thought maybe it was a scene from the Terminator ride??

by Anonymousreply 41November 3, 2019 9:46 PM

[quote]wtf? How did they do that scene with little Furlong as John? Did they just dub in his current voice (strangely enough, still that pubescent) over a CGI body & face of a different kid, or is that a T2 deleted scene from 1992 that never got used or released so they recycled it for this shitfest?

Visual effects. John was played by Jude Collie as a body double with CGI applying the likeness of Furlong. The voice was provided by another actor Aaron Kunitz.

by Anonymousreply 42November 3, 2019 9:58 PM

Now that I think of it it's baffling that they used Furlong's likeness from T2 and not the T2 Ride or any of the number of films Furlong appeared in in the late nineties.

SPOILER

I had no problem with them killing off John Connor as they milked that character for all it was worth in previous movies, but it just sucks that they didn't give him a heroic death.

by Anonymousreply 43November 3, 2019 10:14 PM

R43 The movie implies that he was killed minutes after end of T2. How sad. James Cameron takes credit for pushing this horrible scenario.

by Anonymousreply 44November 4, 2019 1:24 AM

If Skynet keeps making smarter more complex machines then wouldn't they eventually begin to think and reason for themselves and realize mommy/daddy was a revenge obsessed psycho that needed to go?

by Anonymousreply 45November 4, 2019 2:31 AM

Another reason for the failure of every Terminator after T2 is the main threat of nuclear conflagration was eliminated with the collapse of the phony Cold War and Soviet Union. T1 and T2 were all about averting the nuclear catastrophe coming in 1997. After 1997, every new Terminator had no real enemy or bogeyman to fight. So they all just repeated the same crap over and over again. None of the sequels, including the latest one, had any credible threat or purpose. So I think the failure of all the sequels after T2 is mainly to do with global politics. Hollywood is trying to push a new fake Cold War but ain't nobody buying it.

by Anonymousreply 46November 4, 2019 3:17 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!