Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Candidate Who Democratic New Hampshirites Want Most is.. Michelle Obama

[QUOTE] Former First Lady Michelle Obama would be the immediate frontrunner among Dem candidates in New Hampshire if she entered the race, according to a new poll. 26% chose Obama, ahead of Elizabeth Warren and Joe Biden at 20% each.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31October 24, 2019 7:04 PM

Crazy. Michelle was a wonderful first lady but she'd be a miserable POTUS.

by Anonymousreply 1October 15, 2019 1:32 AM

Miserable as in for the country?

by Anonymousreply 2October 15, 2019 1:36 AM

Everyone says this, but she wouldn't be nearly so popular if she was actually a candidate. But I bet she could be an asset to Democrats by campaigning for them next year.

by Anonymousreply 3October 15, 2019 1:48 AM

I think she’d be even more popular as a candidate, especially with her husband by her side.

by Anonymousreply 4October 15, 2019 2:09 AM

Now Bloomberg thinking about getting into the race. I think these are all signs that Dem primary voters aren’t thrilled with their options.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 15, 2019 1:12 PM

Michelle isn't running. Get the fuck over it already.

by Anonymousreply 6October 15, 2019 1:24 PM

She might run if Joe Biden falters and it looks like Warren doesn’t have what it takes to beat Trump.

by Anonymousreply 7October 15, 2019 1:39 PM

Dems are getting desperate.

by Anonymousreply 8October 15, 2019 1:41 PM

R5 no. Bloomberg getting into the race just shows that billionaires are getting nervous at the likelihood of Warren being the nominee. They’re terrified of her.

by Anonymousreply 9October 15, 2019 1:49 PM

[quote] Dems are getting desperate.

Where is your evidence of this?

by Anonymousreply 10October 15, 2019 1:51 PM

R10, pretending to be stupid. Or maybe not.

by Anonymousreply 11October 15, 2019 1:52 PM

[quote] [R10], pretending to be stupid. Or maybe not.

So no actual evidence. Got it.

by Anonymousreply 12October 15, 2019 1:53 PM

[QUOTE] no. Bloomberg getting into the race just shows that billionaires are getting nervous at the likelihood of Warren being the nominee. They’re terrified of her.

Bloomberg, like Tom Steyer, is one of the billionaires who are more terrified of a Trump second term than her. He’s one of the good guys. Don’t try to villainize him. Most of the shit Warren proposes won’t ever become law, and he knows it.

by Anonymousreply 13October 15, 2019 1:54 PM

Bloomberg is 77. How's his mental and physical health?

by Anonymousreply 14October 15, 2019 1:56 PM

R14: Bernie is also 77.

by Anonymousreply 15October 15, 2019 1:59 PM

Bernie is actually 78.

by Anonymousreply 16October 15, 2019 2:02 PM

Can Bloomberg beat Trump? That’s my only criteria.

by Anonymousreply 17October 15, 2019 4:41 PM

The results aren't surprising. The Obamas remain extremely popular figures. Why do you think Biden brings up Barack all the time.

by Anonymousreply 18October 15, 2019 5:39 PM

Michelle hates politics and despite the image she portrayed, was more than happy to leave the White House. The last thing she would ever do is run for any office herself (much less president). The thought is laughable.

by Anonymousreply 19October 15, 2019 6:18 PM

That’s sad. I wouldn’t want to live in the White House either. But when your country needs you you need to stand up. Defeating Trump is the goal. If Michelle can help with that goal- amen!

by Anonymousreply 20October 15, 2019 7:07 PM

[quote] Michelle hates politics and despite the image she portrayed, was more than happy to leave the White House.

Are you under the impression that Americans thought Michelle Obama was happy as first lady? She looked unhappy almost all of the time.

by Anonymousreply 21October 15, 2019 8:23 PM

A woman who said that she was proud of America for the first time in over 40 years is not the type to put her country first.

by Anonymousreply 22October 15, 2019 8:31 PM

And yet the country loves her r22. Most burn up you trolls that despite your best effort America loves Barack and Michelle.

by Anonymousreply 23October 15, 2019 8:49 PM

Yawn. I'm not a troll. I'm just able to think for myself. The fact that she can't find anything to be proud of in this country in over 40 years, tells you that she is not the most patriotic person and would not put this country first. I don't really put much stock in what the majority of idiot Americans think. Many of them thought a reality tv star would be a good president.

by Anonymousreply 24October 15, 2019 8:53 PM

She would make a great reluctant president. If the Democrats win the Senate as well then she will be okay, otherwise she’ll be miserable.

by Anonymousreply 25October 15, 2019 8:57 PM

[quote] Yawn. I'm not a troll. I'm just able to think for myself.

But, y'are, Blanche, y'are a troll. And repeating a right-wing talking point is hardly evidence you think for yourself.

Taking one statement Michelle made and pretending it was the core and essence of who she was while ignoring the evil Republicans do daily is the very definition of unthinking troll.

by Anonymousreply 26October 16, 2019 8:09 PM

Most black people feel the way Michelle Obama felt when she maid that statement.

You have to remember, blacks and whites have completely different experiences in America than so called patriotic whites do. I believe she was speaking from the point of view that America isn't always fair to black Americans and that their constantly given a hard way to go.

That's why a lot of black people don't say the pledge, for what? There's not liberty and justice for all. No one knows that better than African Americans.

So Michelle was absolutely right with her original feelings. But ignorant whites can't see the reason why.

by Anonymousreply 27October 24, 2019 7:05 AM

Well said R27. I think many minorities and other progressives around the world felt America hadn't quite reached her potential yet.

by Anonymousreply 28October 24, 2019 7:18 AM

Thanks R28.

by Anonymousreply 29October 24, 2019 5:36 PM

I don't blame Michelle, who the hell would want to go back into the white house willingly for another 8 years possibly,and deal with Washington's bullshit? Not me.

The white house is a pressure cooker and not something you pursue casually. You better really genuinely want to be president for exact reasons, or otherwise you won't last.

Barack and Michelle are both living the post white house dream.

I wouldn't give that up either to make a go for the white house a second time.

No thanks!

by Anonymousreply 30October 24, 2019 5:42 PM

I'd vote for her, if she ran, but she's made it clear she never will.

by Anonymousreply 31October 24, 2019 7:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!