Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kathy Griffin Slams Pro-Trump Video That Shows Her And Others Killed

“This video isn’t a joke to his followers. And it will not be taken as such,” she wrote of an animated clip that shows Donald Trump murdering media outlets and critics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58October 20, 2019 8:59 PM

Kathy is right. That video shown at a Trump property is a disgrace. And Trump has not condemned it.

by Anonymousreply 1October 15, 2019 12:29 AM

It’s literally an edit of a scene front kingsman. I cannot stand that asshole Trump yet I think his outrage is a real reach.

by Anonymousreply 2October 15, 2019 12:30 AM

I guarantee the same mainstream media outlets who were shrieking hysterically over Griffin's Trump photo won't make a peep about this. Can we once and for all dispel the Leftist Democratic Media myth? It amazes me, even after the 2016 election how many people still hold this delusion.

by Anonymousreply 3October 15, 2019 12:32 AM

Donny Jr, Sarah Huckabee and the Repug governor of Florida were at the Trump property where the video was shown on a loop. None of the Repigs condemned it.

by Anonymousreply 4October 15, 2019 12:32 AM

What's good for the goose, Kathy...

by Anonymousreply 5October 15, 2019 12:39 AM

I supported her throughout that whole photo thing, but this is stupid. Why is it only okay to make jokes about killing people when they’re directed towards people you don’t like? Don’t dish it out if you can’t take it. What a fucking hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 6October 15, 2019 12:55 AM

There was outrage at Kathy. There should be outrage at Trump for this video.

by Anonymousreply 7October 15, 2019 1:11 AM

Trump didn't make the video, R7.

by Anonymousreply 8October 15, 2019 1:13 AM

Why hasn't the FBI interview the person that made the video and put them on the no fly list Kathy was on? Treat the person that made this video the same as they treated Kathy. Since Trump is a liar he may have publicly condemned the video, but you know he was privately celebrating it.

by Anonymousreply 9October 15, 2019 1:21 AM

It is a disgrace! And it is sinful!

by Anonymousreply 10October 15, 2019 1:23 AM

[quote]Trump didn't make the video, [R7].

No one said he did. The video should be condemed. Full. Stop. The FBI should investigate the maker, just like Kathy was investigated.

by Anonymousreply 11October 15, 2019 1:37 AM

Ugh it’s all just so fucking sad what we’ve become. Kill anyone you don’t agree with. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 12October 15, 2019 1:46 AM

This video is as bad as Justin's Black face.

by Anonymousreply 13October 15, 2019 1:48 AM

[quote] Trump didn't make the video, [[R7]].

Of course that retard didn't make the video. I doubt he even knows how to turn on a DVD player, much less make a video that would play on one.

by Anonymousreply 14October 15, 2019 1:49 AM

R7 Clearly there IS (deserved) outrage at Trump for this video, otherwise this wouldn’t be a headline.

by Anonymousreply 15October 15, 2019 2:11 AM

If Kathy believed she shouldn’t have been persecuted for the photo she took, then shouldn’t she be against this person getting persecuted for making this video? Since at the end of the day it is all “just a joke”? Oh wait, I forgot, it’s only okay to make jokes about murdering people when they’re people YOU don’t like. If anybody does it the other way around it should be punishable to the fullest extent of the law!!!

God, I hate what Republicans and Democrats have turned into. Mentally challenged, hypocritical, narcissism fueled babies, all of them.

by Anonymousreply 16October 15, 2019 2:20 AM

Oh people grow-up. This is Trump 101. No, he didn't film it. But he sanctioned it. And he's sitting back cackling about the effect it's having.

by Anonymousreply 17October 15, 2019 3:19 AM

R16: Then get the fuck out, princess. You're obviously too delicate and pure and uppity to be associating with us. Back to the palace bitch!

by Anonymousreply 18October 15, 2019 3:44 AM

R16 Oh look, a both sides Boris. Shocker.

by Anonymousreply 19October 15, 2019 3:46 AM

R19 Cool, be a divisionist if you want. It’s people like that who are responsible for fucking up our country and getting Trump elected with your “us vs them” bullshit. No wonder Russia thinks we’re such an easy target. Although you’d probably know that already, wouldn’t you, Boris?

by Anonymousreply 20October 15, 2019 3:54 AM

R20 Nope, you are the typical "both sides suck boohoo boohoo" when one side, the GOP, is CLEARLY the bad actor in every situation but go ahead, BORIS, we have your number. I hear the cheap vodka from your shithole country on your breath.

by Anonymousreply 21October 15, 2019 3:58 AM

R21 It crackles in the icy Russian wind when it speaks.......

by Anonymousreply 22October 15, 2019 3:59 AM

The thing is, no one, not even the biggest Kathy Griffin fan, would see her photo of the mask and think hey, I should do that.

Despite the hysteria around it, it was obviously a statement and a bad joke, and also a still photo and not a video. It was referencing Trump's "blood coming out of their whatever" comment. She didn't have a weapon, she wasn't covered in blood, it was obviously a mask. It was directed toward a single politician who is surrounded by Secret Service 24/7 and will be for the rest of his life.

This video takes realistic CGI and practical effects and targets marginalized people who often can't even call the police without putting themselves in danger. It targets individual citizens who aren't politicians, and portrays the government executing them brutally simply for existing and not being far-right enough. It was shown at a pro-Trump GOP event at a Trump property.

There is almost no comparison. She's right, this is unfair and dangerous, but it'll get both-sides to death and nothing will come of it.

by Anonymousreply 23October 15, 2019 3:59 AM

R22 No I meant I hear it in its typing. It types drunk Russian who gets cheap vodka for tiny posts.

by Anonymousreply 24October 15, 2019 4:00 AM

R21 The GOP is evil and abhorrent, which is why playing into their hands by throwing hissy fits and playing the “us vs them” makes you just as bad as the crazy right wingers. This is what they want. This is what got the GOP into power. But I’m smart enough to know that telling an idiot distracted by shiny things that the shiny things are just a distraction is only going to result in them yelling at me, or in this case, calling me Boris. Have fun playing into Trump’s tiny puppet master hands, you stupid fuck. People like you are the reason the Democratic party is in the sad and dilapidated state it is today.

by Anonymousreply 25October 15, 2019 4:03 AM

As R2 said, the video is from an edit of a movie. Where was the outrage when the movie was released? I don’t agree wit the video, but the reaction to it is over the top.

by Anonymousreply 26October 15, 2019 4:50 AM

Those burnt umber eyebrows, OH DEAR

by Anonymousreply 27October 15, 2019 5:47 AM

R26, did they not teach you the difference between fictional characters and threats/harassment of actual people at Chernobyl High School?

by Anonymousreply 28October 15, 2019 6:03 AM

And if someone held up her bloody head she’d scream. Hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 29October 15, 2019 6:05 AM

Has the Trump twittersphere chimed in yet? The trumps were so butthurt about Kathy's image. Poor Barron.... remember?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30October 15, 2019 11:34 AM

didn’t she pose with his decapitated head though?

by Anonymousreply 31October 15, 2019 11:48 AM

So is it a right wing video game?

by Anonymousreply 32October 15, 2019 12:17 PM

No, it's a scene from the film 'Kingsmen' with Drumph's fat head superimposed over actor Colin Firth's face, and the victims are Dems and media.

The idiotic irony of using that scene is that the assassin character is killing off bigoted rightwing assholes in a church.

But that's lost on shithead REthugs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33October 15, 2019 6:35 PM

It’s time for Kathy Griffin to come out with another picture of the decapitated Trump

by Anonymousreply 34October 15, 2019 7:02 PM

[quote]Can we once and for all dispel the Leftist Democratic Media myth?

Do you know why the assholes on the right think the media is "liberal"? Because to them, unless you're spending 24-7 calling every Muslim a terrorist and every Mexican an illegal and drug mule rapist and every black person a thug who deserved to be shot by the cops, then you're "liberal" in their minds.

They don't believe in real journalism. They believe in propaganda that validates their warped views of various groups of people. They were celebrating Shep Smith leaving FOX and they want Chris Wallace gone, too. Anyone who doesn't view the world in the bigoted, racist and hateful way they do, is considered "liberal" and "fake news."

by Anonymousreply 35October 15, 2019 7:08 PM

[quote]The idiotic irony of using that scene is that the assassin character is killing off bigoted rightwing assholes in a church.

It's a wonder they weren't offended by that when the movie came out considering it's every fucking one of them.

by Anonymousreply 36October 15, 2019 7:10 PM

[quote]And if someone held up her bloody head she’d scream. Hypocrite.

Some of you are fucking stupid as hell and you still don't get it. Just like you didn't get it with the John Legend/wife thing.

There is a god damned difference between what a comedian or a member of the public does and what the god damned president of the United States does.

Obama took A LOT of shit, as did his wife. Not. Once. did either feel compelled to respond to any of it.

Trump is a pile of shit surpassed only by his absolute trash heap supporters. Jerry Springer guests have more class than the average Trump supporter. He appeals to the most toxic, cancerous vermin.

by Anonymousreply 37October 15, 2019 7:15 PM

This Wendy interview is good

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38October 15, 2019 8:53 PM

R37 has stated her boundaries.

by Anonymousreply 39October 15, 2019 9:07 PM

R39, yeah, you're using it wrong.

by Anonymousreply 40October 15, 2019 9:10 PM

She’s a hypocrite, of course but I came in here to comment on her uncanny resemblance to Carrot Top in OP’s photo, yikes.

by Anonymousreply 41October 15, 2019 9:29 PM

I can’t believe people are defending her in this thread. If we’re going to be offended by the abhorrent shit like this that the rethugs pull all the time, we have to be prepared to practice what we preach. There’s no use in us pointing out how fucked up it is to make “funny” pictures or videos about brutally murdering public figures if we’re already doing it ourselves. It negates the point of how things like this video are disgusting and makes our party look like nothing more than hypocrites, which makes us no worse than the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 42October 15, 2019 10:22 PM

Equivocate! Equivocate! Then you gonna masturbate!

by Anonymousreply 43October 15, 2019 10:30 PM

Bullshit, r42

by Anonymousreply 44October 18, 2019 12:07 PM

LOL at R38 - post-Trump she has actually turned into a physical clown.

by Anonymousreply 45October 18, 2019 12:29 PM

Apparently Rosie O'Donnell is shown getting stabbed(?). Considering Trump's former harassment efforts against her, she should be concerned, too.

Trump is going to target the wrong person one day- someone more unstable than average- and they are going to retaliate against him.

by Anonymousreply 46October 19, 2019 1:49 AM

[quote] and they are going to retaliate against him.

🤞

by Anonymousreply 47October 19, 2019 2:12 AM

R42 "There’s no use in us pointing out how fucked up it is to make “funny” pictures or videos about brutally murdering public figures " HOW ABOUT A CRUCIFIX?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48October 19, 2019 11:20 AM

R48 Jesus is a magician from thousands of years ago, and also a symbol of religion, which makes him fair game.

by Anonymousreply 49October 19, 2019 11:34 AM

r49. Trump is trademarked symbol. (just ask Ivanka). So trump is fair game...

by Anonymousreply 50October 19, 2019 12:08 PM

R50 Honestly, if it were up to me, none of this shit would be happening and Trump/Kathy would just be laughing at one another’s antics. Unfortunately they’re both egotistical children who are fine with telling the other to go die but collapse into tearful hysterics when they get a taste of their own medicine, so we don’t get to live in that world. We have to live in this one, where everybody is a hypocritical baby and social media gives idiots power.

by Anonymousreply 51October 19, 2019 12:14 PM

How dare you MEN victimize Kathy like this!!!

by Anonymousreply 52October 19, 2019 12:16 PM

[quote] and targets marginalized people

The press are "marginalized people"? Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 53October 19, 2019 12:26 PM

The press ARE marginalized. Have you been paying attention?

by Anonymousreply 54October 19, 2019 12:54 PM

Republicans should be declared a terrorist organization.

by Anonymousreply 55October 19, 2019 1:40 PM

They already had Trump getting his brains blown out in a rap video a few years ago. So cry me a river.

by Anonymousreply 56October 20, 2019 7:00 PM

Hilaaaarious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57October 20, 2019 7:01 PM

{quote]They already had Trump getting his brains blown out in a rap video a few years ago. So cry me a river.

And while that was fake, slimeball, shady, immoral, corrupt Trump thought nothing of saying we should kill people trying to come here. Murder people seeking a better life. WGAS what is done to him in some rap video?

The day he drops dead will be a wonderful day for this planet. Vile cancerous scum who appeals to failures.

by Anonymousreply 58October 20, 2019 8:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!