Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Seeking advice on facial fillers

I’m starting to develop “AIDS face.” (Don’t have aids, just sunken cheeks) I’m mid 50s and fairly attractive still, and I’d like to fill my under eye area and cheeks with filler. Anyone have any experience with that procedure? We’re you happy with the results?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33October 15, 2019 8:41 PM

Under the eyes is a very tricky area to fill. The people I've seen in person who've had that done have visible bumps under their eyes. It's quite lumpy and noticeable.

by Anonymousreply 1October 14, 2019 11:39 PM

There’s already been a thread on this OP. Could you not have used the search feature before you posted this? Is that not too much to ask?

by Anonymousreply 2October 14, 2019 11:41 PM

The only other guy I've ever heard speak of fillers was the vainest person I've ever met.

Are you vain too, OP?

by Anonymousreply 3October 14, 2019 11:41 PM

Are you thin also? A little extra weight will do wonders to your face.

by Anonymousreply 4October 14, 2019 11:45 PM

When I’m at my goal weight my face isn’t as attractive as when I’m 20lbs over. Decisions, decisions...

by Anonymousreply 5October 14, 2019 11:50 PM

The "before" in OP's photo looks better than the "after".

It might help if "after" wasn't smelling cookies from 3 blocks away, but the puffy, shiny forehead and preternaturally unlined face is freakish and unattractive regardless of his expression.

by Anonymousreply 6October 14, 2019 11:52 PM

I’ve always loved frown lines and crows feet on a man over 40. Am I a freak?

by Anonymousreply 7October 14, 2019 11:54 PM

I see no difference between the two.

by Anonymousreply 8October 14, 2019 11:55 PM

Don’t do it. I know 2 men who got it done. One is stinking rich and went to some top Bev Hills doc. The other is from Phoenix and had it done there. Both of them got the same result - swollen, puffy under the eyes, the eyes look smaller, they look almost feminine now. Both look “done” too so that comes with its own price I think because as much as people can be ageist, people also judge people who look “done”.

by Anonymousreply 9October 14, 2019 11:55 PM

Go for surgery instead. It does work -- but only lasts for a year or two., alas. I would highly rec it if we got ten years out of it for that price.

Connie Stevens was right too: a little weight in the fact helps. I have no wrinkles because of the extra weight.

by Anonymousreply 10October 15, 2019 12:04 AM

Guy looks just fine in the 'before' picture, if you ask me. I like some crows feet and laugh lines on a person....

by Anonymousreply 11October 15, 2019 12:04 AM

The only thing I would do for your eyes is some Botox and an upper-eyelid lift if you need it. An eyelid lift looks great on men without giving them a feminine appearance the way a full facelift does.

by Anonymousreply 12October 15, 2019 12:06 AM

R8, he's frowning in Pic One, smiling in Pic Two. See? Fillers made him HAPPY!

by Anonymousreply 13October 15, 2019 12:06 AM

The after pic looks good, they just smoothed out the crows feet/outer edge. They didn't try to give him a perfectly plump result.

I had belotero for undereyes done a few months ago and had no crazy side effects. I just looked a little less tired. The doc also applied it in in stages so I could see. My doctor was honest and said some hyperpigmentation exaggerates circles so I'm using lightener and eyecream for that. I'm getting a refill next year. My blunt family and friends have no idea and wouldn't hesitate to tell me to stop.

It is possible shitty undereye fillers are due to people demanding too much and not addressing things like hyper pigmentation, allergies, etc. that make things worse.

by Anonymousreply 14October 15, 2019 12:10 AM

another vote for Before

by Anonymousreply 15October 15, 2019 12:14 AM

He needs a shampoo and set.

by Anonymousreply 16October 15, 2019 12:18 AM

Note the bloated Cro-Magnon brow, always a dead giveaway of narcissism

by Anonymousreply 17October 15, 2019 12:19 AM

OP, is there really any point at your age?

by Anonymousreply 18October 15, 2019 12:22 AM

Restalyne can work wonders for hollowness. Just make sure you have an excellent, conservative dermy.

by Anonymousreply 19October 15, 2019 12:26 AM

[quote]Is that not too much to ask?

Oh dear. Is it too much to ask of trolls that they consult a grammarian before posting?

by Anonymousreply 20October 15, 2019 12:33 AM

Can you undo fillers if they don’t turn out the way you want. Anyone I know who had them never lost the puffy look but I’m not sure if it’s because it’s not fully reversible or if they just keep doing it and don’t know it looks bad. You have to be so, so conservative on a man’s face because a man’s face naturally is more angular and chiseled than a woman’s so when you start filling it you quickly go into drag queen/feminine territory.

by Anonymousreply 21October 15, 2019 12:36 AM

I get Voluma every January to start the year off looking good Its a big difference, more in my cheek & temple area.

by Anonymousreply 22October 15, 2019 12:43 AM

OP can go from Mr. Furley to Mr. Roper in just three easy sessions!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23October 15, 2019 12:55 AM

Yes some fillers are reversible and it depends on what is being done

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 15, 2019 2:00 AM

I like the eyelid lift idea - but fear I’ll look like Nancy Pelosi. My eyelids droop more every year.

by Anonymousreply 25October 15, 2019 3:34 AM

Come to my Spackle party, OP- we'll get you pumped.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 15, 2019 3:44 AM

Why does some plastic surgery feminize men? I've noticed with women as they age their features becomes more masculine and plastic surgery can soften their looks. I would like to get rid of my wrinkles, but after seeing the before and after I'm not sure it is worth the money.

by Anonymousreply 27October 15, 2019 4:19 AM

The features that signify femininity and fertility in women are full lips, smooth skin, softness and curviness, a pad of fat under the skin or “baby fat”. There’s a reason straight men are not as taken by the beauty of square jawed models as women and gays are. So when men start messing with their faces they plump them, smooth them, inject the lips and end up with all the features we associate with femininity and it’s jarring. Men have a more pronounced brow than women too and face lifts seem to make this less obvious.

My mid 30s hairdresser is a tall, muscle queen who has gone overboard with the fillers and lip injections. He just looks plain weird. This big, strapping man turns around and it looks like a middle aged woman is peeking out from his face.

by Anonymousreply 28October 15, 2019 8:10 AM

The guy in OP's photo looks better in the before photo. He looks like a normal man aging naturally. In the after photo he looks like yet another narcissistic, shallow queen.

by Anonymousreply 29October 15, 2019 8:28 AM

Skinny always trumps "youthful".

The people thinking that a fat face is preferable to a skinny wrinkly one are dumb.

by Anonymousreply 30October 15, 2019 9:27 AM

Before photo: Gayface

After photo: Gayface on steroids!

by Anonymousreply 31October 15, 2019 10:18 AM

Don Burns looks like he has filler face.

by Anonymousreply 32October 15, 2019 8:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!