Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

TCM Moved to Comcast-Xfinity Sports Entertainment Package

At least in my area, Comcast-Xfinity moved TCM to its Sports Entertainment Package. So bye-bye Bette Davis, you’re now with the NFL NBA WWW and, oh yes, the Military Channel.

by Anonymousreply 11October 18, 2019 5:43 PM

It’s everywhere, OP. Those fuckers bundled TCM with some lame sports channels and want you to pay $10/month for the new “add-on”.

by Anonymousreply 1October 13, 2019 1:29 PM

Fuckers. No wonder I got the no service message on Friday. I’m dumping them altogether.

by Anonymousreply 2October 13, 2019 1:45 PM

I hate Comcast for this. At least I can still watch some TCM content online.

by Anonymousreply 3October 13, 2019 1:48 PM

I have had both Comcast and Verizon. Much as I hate Comcast, Verizon is worse

by Anonymousreply 4October 13, 2019 1:54 PM

Comcast says their research shows that most viewers who had TCM watched "two movies per month."

What liars! When I called, my representative (Hope) told me that there had been a notice in my bill and an email about the change - I didn't remember getting either.

I dropped HBO and went for the S/E package even though I already had several of the sports channels....

Scum....they'll take a few days of bad will to collect several million dollars a month more.....

by Anonymousreply 5October 13, 2019 2:36 PM

[QUOTE]Comcast says their research shows that most viewers who had TCM watched "two movies per month."

Bullshit. Their research shows that TCM viewers are older and thus adverse to change, with more disposable income and not very tech savvy.

That's why they know they can get away with this shit.

by Anonymousreply 6October 13, 2019 2:46 PM

plus TCM viewers would be least likely to already have the sports package.... so they are catching a whole new untapped customer. to buy in

i can't say enough bad about them / penalizing subscribers who've supported his bloated hideous corporate crapfest for 30 years or more is there a link where users give feedback on alternate streaming services that include TCM ( Sling, etc) thanks in advance . this eldergay needs to go swig a bottle of geritol to calm down.

by Anonymousreply 7October 13, 2019 3:01 PM

AT&T TV Now streaming app.

$50 flat every month and you get a decent selection of channels plus 20 hrs DVR service.

Cut that Comcast Xfinity bullshit out now!

by Anonymousreply 8October 13, 2019 3:02 PM

I just learned of this when I checked to see why several TCM films I had marked to record had not done so.

I don't watch even a moment of the sports channels they already shove down my throat. As much as I wish to keep TCM I'll get Britbox before I pay this shakedown.

by Anonymousreply 9October 18, 2019 5:13 PM

Sports franchises are hemorrhaging viewership, so the media corporations have decided that you, the viewer of classic movies (or sitcoms, or cooking shows), have to dig deep to subsidize these pituitary cases and the WOOOOOOOOO!-shrieking mooks that obsessively watch them.

Let the Fantasy Football players and sports bores subsidize their own overpriced habit.

by Anonymousreply 10October 18, 2019 5:29 PM

I fired COMCAST 2.5 years ago and bought a Mohu digital antenna.

Now I watch television for free again after 31 years of paying cable bills.

Smarted financial move I have made in years.

I realized that there is really nothing that I absolutely have to watch. An antenna is fine for me -- 31 free channels in my area.

by Anonymousreply 11October 18, 2019 5:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!