Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bloomberg for Prez

I don't always agree with Madam Judy, but she is spot on with her comments about Michael Bloomberg.

I am a NYC social service administrator and having worked with Giuliani, Bloomberg and now De Blasio, I can say without a doubt the city was in the best hands with Bloomberg.

America needs a strong centrist politician at this time to beat Trump. The far left is a turn off to many and even if one wins the election, NOTHING will get done in Congress after.

PLEASE Michael, run...run...run...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77October 17, 2019 8:43 AM

Centrist in the USA is solid Centre Right elsewhere in the west.

by Anonymousreply 1October 13, 2019 11:10 AM

His advisers told him not to run and he wisely listened to them. A rarity these days.

[quote]PLEASE Michael, run...run...run...

It's far too late now and it would be gross to run without having attended a single debate. Also, I'm fed up with billionaires being expected to save the little man. We have enough talent among our own, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 2October 13, 2019 11:11 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 13, 2019 11:12 AM

I thought she was a Trumpster. That's interesting. She may be kind of cunty but at least she's not delusional enough to push for another Trump term.

by Anonymousreply 4October 13, 2019 11:28 AM

[quote]And he was a great mayor of the city of New York for 12 years.

I thought the New Yorkers hated him.

by Anonymousreply 5October 13, 2019 11:42 AM

A Judge Judy endorsement is the kiss of death.

by Anonymousreply 6October 13, 2019 11:48 AM

"He'd make me look like a spring chicken"

--J. Biden

by Anonymousreply 7October 13, 2019 12:00 PM

Too late and too old to run in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 8October 13, 2019 12:05 PM

I try to ignore her support for Trump. I thought she was smarter than that. I have no idea how she rationalizes it. She’s always been a fan of Bloomberg, so her endorsement of him isn’t surprising.

by Anonymousreply 9October 13, 2019 12:20 PM

He should throw his hat in the Democratic ring. They need a real centrist.

by Anonymousreply 10October 13, 2019 12:22 PM

Ugh, America doesn't have a far left, not even a center-left. Trump is the latest in the line of lying hypocritical Republican politicians, whose main aim is to enrich themselves, brutalise the poor and dismantle any possible obstacle to the getting even more rich.

Most people in the political class of any country are filled with sociopaths and narcissists, the richer the country, the worse they are. Without the US Constitution, things would be far worse, for all of US.

by Anonymousreply 11October 13, 2019 12:32 PM

[quote]I thought she was a Trumpster. That's interesting. She may be kind of cunty but at least she's not delusional enough to push for another Trump term

She was a trumpster. But he's a lunatic. There's a certain group of rich New Yorkers who stick together. Barbara Walters was one of them, Judge Judy is. Trump is, Joan Rivers was. They're the type who are of the opinion, "I've made my fortune, I want to keep all of it and everyone else can fuck off"

She may not push for him to get a second term, but when trump leaves office, you can damn well expect Judge Judy to be friends with him and go to his resorts

by Anonymousreply 12October 13, 2019 12:39 PM

He’s 77.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 13, 2019 1:19 PM

[quote]He’s 77.

GREAT!

by Anonymousreply 14October 13, 2019 1:57 PM

A Bloomberg run as an independent would likely lead to a Trump victory in 2020. But the OP already knew that and just wanted to stir shit. This is another example of OP's work:

[quote]Trinitarios to NYC: Fuck You and Thanks for Nothing

[quote]The taxpayers of NYC have been paying for the public housing and Section 8 apartments these hard core pieces of shit have lived in for the past several years, not to mention free health care and food stamps. Why not evict all of the scum relatives from their apartments for allowing such parasites to infest these poor NYC neighborhoods. Lock up the scum and evict the families and send them all back to Santo Domingo. They arrive in NYC not wanting to work or do anything and expect local govt to provide them with everything while they bring nothing but misery to the table. True low life infestation.

by Anonymousreply 15October 13, 2019 2:03 PM

[quote]He’s 77.

What is it with very old people wanting to be President in the USA?

There should be a rule. No one over 60.

by Anonymousreply 16October 13, 2019 2:09 PM

Another fucking New Yorker? Are you kidding?

by Anonymousreply 17October 13, 2019 2:11 PM

Who cares where he's from - he's at death's door.

by Anonymousreply 18October 13, 2019 2:19 PM

[quote] I am a NYC social service administrator and having worked with Giuliani, Bloomberg and now De Blasio, I can say without a doubt the city was in the best hands with Bloomberg.

Well, that's setting the bar pretty low.

by Anonymousreply 19October 13, 2019 4:34 PM

R16 The age requirements in the Constitution were intentional, and surprisingly were intended to prevent crude, uniformed jacaksses without education and experience from being elected to public office, especially the Senate.

The age limit for President was also intended to prevent political dynasties.

We weren’t successful at preventing ignorant jacakasses from getting into office. We largely succeeded preventing political dynasties, though.

by Anonymousreply 20October 13, 2019 7:04 PM

Wendy Williams with Jussie for VP, that is the way to go!!!

by Anonymousreply 21October 13, 2019 8:18 PM

Her son is a crooked Republican.

by Anonymousreply 22October 13, 2019 8:27 PM

Bloomberg fucking rigged it for a third term. He put cameras on every ducking block like his British bro Tony Blair. And his fucking townhouse on East 72nd, to this day, blocks traffic because his security triple parks. Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 23October 13, 2019 8:35 PM

[quote]The far left is a turn off to many and even if one wins the election, NOTHING will get done in Congress after.

Republicans wouldn't cooperate with Michael Bloomberg any more than they would cooperate with Democrats. They'd call him Mr. Soda Tax and he'd be a goner.

As for Judge Judy, she and Trump are birds of a feather. She has nothing but contempt for the ignorant deplorables who appear on her show and who watch it, but she's made a fortune off them. And she knows perfectly well that, as a fellow gazillionnaire, Bloomberg would never take her money away from her.

by Anonymousreply 24October 13, 2019 8:39 PM

I would prefer Bloomberg over Warren. At least his gritty New Yorker persona has some appeal among Middle Americans. We don’t need a Massachusetts professor as nominee

by Anonymousreply 25October 14, 2019 6:09 PM

There is just one (not so) little problem.

by Anonymousreply 26October 14, 2019 6:14 PM

[quote] I would prefer Bloomberg over Warren. At least his gritty New Yorker persona has some appeal among Middle Americans. We don’t need a Massachusetts professor as nominee

Warren is from Oklahoma and sounds like she's from Oklahoma. But by all means, let's float another rich guy from New York since it worked out so well the last time we did it.

by Anonymousreply 27October 14, 2019 6:18 PM

Who's more appealing to purple state voters, Pence or Bloomberg?

by Anonymousreply 28October 14, 2019 6:20 PM

r25 Is right - great professor/PTA board-member, meh presidential nominee.

by Anonymousreply 29October 14, 2019 6:22 PM

r23 cameras on every corner sounds like a smart safety measure. If a crime happens video evidence is preferred. If you want privacy, go into the privacy of your home or backyard.

by Anonymousreply 30October 14, 2019 6:32 PM

We've seen what happens when we turn the reins over to a "billionaire" president: America, Inc.

Selling it all to the highest bidder.

Bloomberg: NO thank you.

by Anonymousreply 31October 14, 2019 6:51 PM

[quote]cameras on every corner sounds like a smart safety measure.

Are you joking? Have you heard of an authoritarian country called China, where the government spies on its citizens? Maybe you've heard of a little book called 1984?

by Anonymousreply 32October 14, 2019 7:31 PM

Too damn old, he would turn 79 about a month after taking office, if he lives that long.

by Anonymousreply 33October 14, 2019 8:32 PM

Bloomberg is *NOT* a centrist. He's a rich dictator. He wants to ban your soda, he wants to ban poor people. He hated middle class and poor people and tried to rid NYC of them all. He's an attention whore that needs to go away!

by Anonymousreply 34October 14, 2019 8:49 PM

Bloomberg was the best mayor we had in decades.

by Anonymousreply 35October 14, 2019 8:52 PM

Oh please!

Born and raised in NYC and while Bloomberg was a breath of fresh air after Rudy G., he began to show his true colors soon enough.

We're talking about another height challenged politician with a heavy dose of megalomania complex again. His "do as I say, not as I do", or "I am a self made billionaire and thus know best" as he began banning all sorts of things got old fast.

MB won't run for POTUS now for same reasons he didn't after (finally) being term limited out of mayor of NYC. Besides "I'm in charge, don't question me" attitude the man is insanely protective of his privacy. There were all those trips out of NYC on his private plane, the hiring of several former officials of his administration to Bloomberg LLC. One of his final acts as mayor was to hire the entire NYPD security detail he had been assigned. But first they all had to put in their retirement papers with city, and then sign legal documents promising never to divulge details of what they saw or whatever during their time while on that NYPD mayoral security detail.

It is one thing to keep employees from talking about things they see or hear after being hired; but to go back and retroactively cover twelve years?

In the run up to his first mayoral run Mike Bloomberg bought up every single possible internet address with his name. Things like "Bloomberg sucks" are all held by his LLC.

Meanwhile in various watering holes of the UES (MB's home turf) such as J.G. Melon tongues wagged that Mike Bloomberg was a "freak" in his private life or maybe just gay.

His push to over turn term limits harmed MB politically more than he thought, and likely is another reason why he's never truly attempted a WH run. That surely would be a club other democrats and certainly republicans would beat him about with; it certainly harmed and doomed Christine Quinn's (his co-conspirator ) mayoral bid and future chances at NY elected office. In fact you could say we got BdeB because people really didn't want Christine Quinn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36October 15, 2019 12:10 AM

I wish. While I didn’t care for the soda nonsense, I think he did a great job as mayor. I’d vote for him again in a heartbeat.

by Anonymousreply 37October 15, 2019 12:16 AM

As DT is finding out being POTUS is not same as running your own private company, and or even being mayor of a large US city.

Yes, a POTUS has considerable power, but so do the courts and Congress

by Anonymousreply 38October 15, 2019 12:25 AM

Bloomberg's "centrism" is right-wing to most Americans: economic policies friendly to Wall Street that screw over everyone's savings. He's insulated enough to think that Warren is some kind of radical leftist who can never win, when her programs are basically regulated capitalism with safety nets à la the postwar years, and also polls 8-10 points above Trump (roughly the same as Biden or Sanders).

by Anonymousreply 39October 15, 2019 12:59 AM

None of you is incorrect regarding your personality perceptions.

There’s an older work called “The Mask of Sanity” by Dr. Hervey Cleckley, which is a primary reference on sociopaths - including the frequency of them in senior leadership positions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40October 15, 2019 1:55 AM

Do you want Mike Bloomberg to enter the race for President in 2020?

46% = Yes

17% = Maybe

31% = No

6% = No opinion

Based on 1,376 responses.

by Anonymousreply 41October 15, 2019 6:16 AM

"judge" Judy is a bain on our democracy. She is a total racist too. CBS needs to cancel her.

by Anonymousreply 42October 15, 2019 6:40 AM

MB is too old and set in his ways to make a WH run, it just won't happen.

First and foremost the man is not going to tolerate media poking around his private personal and business affairs. You think DT is anal about his tax returns? Well Bloomberg is an LLC, so there are bound to be plenty of interesting tidbits in those documents. In fact IIRC MB went to war with NYC election/campaign finance officials about releasing his tax returns while mayor. Reasons given were pretty much as have stated, it would give insight into his personal company.

Then there would be the question of how or if MB would step away from or divest his business due to possible conflicts of interest if he became POTUS. Again you think DT had kittens over that request, MB would likely go into hard labor.

There is a likely good reason Bloomberg is still a LP and not even a closely held corporation. MB is the boss and calls all the shots. That is how he "ran" NYC as mayor, not nearly a public bully as Rudy G. but never the less there was plenty of "all ways around here are mine".

Local news station (NY1) televised a debate between MB and his opponents for third term mayoral run. Question was asked about term limits and their recently having been overturned (by MB). Fernando Ferrer easily answered that the voters wish should have been respected and two terms was enough. MB shot back (under his breath) that two terms was *NOT* enough.

Publicly during run up to and after succeding having term limits overturned (and the legal challenges that followed) MB gloated in media that he was "good at the job" and basically should be allowed to stay on long as he wished.

After narrowly winning his much sought third term, MB realized how his populartiy was decreasing and had to join with Quinn in reversing much of the new term limit changes they had rammed through. But things just kept going badly over next three years.

The bankruptcy and closing of Saint Vincent's hospital in Greenwich Village (along with Cabrini before it, and North General in Harlem after), didn't do MB's popularity any good. While there probably wasn't a whole lot the city could have done to save St. V; image and perception matter.

by Anonymousreply 43October 15, 2019 8:12 AM

Bloomberg did a good job as mayor. (except the soda thing). I wish he would run.

by Anonymousreply 44October 15, 2019 12:44 PM

Ugh. More MIGA.

by Anonymousreply 45October 15, 2019 1:01 PM

Yes! Just what we need - another old billionaire!

The highest paid woman on television can’t be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 46October 15, 2019 1:22 PM

[quote]"judge" Judy is a bain on our democracy.

I can't exactly agree with you.

by Anonymousreply 47October 15, 2019 1:40 PM

To all you people going off about a soda tax and how it will hurt him... 11 states have had a soda tax since 2011 and many of those states that don't have a soda tax have cities that have enacted one. It won't hurt him in the least.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48October 15, 2019 1:41 PM

The only way he could be competitive is as an independent, i.e. a spoiler. Democratic voters are in no mood for a pro-bank, pro-police-power billionaire candidate, even a little eldergay one that's for gun control.

by Anonymousreply 49October 15, 2019 1:53 PM

Well he’s better than Trump. And I don’t think anyone currently running can beat Trump

by Anonymousreply 50October 15, 2019 2:27 PM

Actually, the reality is that they're all better than Trump and all of them can beat Trump. Trump is in a historically bad position for an incumbent President seeking reelection, with atrocious numbers, new mistakes every week, and getting increasingly unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 51October 15, 2019 2:35 PM

If you think “they all can beat Trump” you’re living in a fantasy world/echo chamber.

by Anonymousreply 52October 15, 2019 2:38 PM

Another geriatric billionaire white man. Groundbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 53October 15, 2019 2:38 PM

Deblasio was elected as a progressive because NYers were sick of Bloomberg’s kissing the asses of the rich and pushing the poor out of their neighborhoods so the rich could gentrify.

Bloomberg barely won his last election.

by Anonymousreply 54October 15, 2019 2:39 PM

No more billionaire presidents!

by Anonymousreply 55October 15, 2019 2:39 PM

Mayors don’t become presidents.

Pete B won’t win either

by Anonymousreply 56October 15, 2019 2:41 PM

It's called reality, R52. You should join us here someday.

by Anonymousreply 57October 15, 2019 2:42 PM

[quote]Deblasio was elected as a progressive because NYers were sick of Bloomberg’s kissing the asses of the rich and pushing the poor out of their neighborhoods so the rich could gentrify.

De blasio is just as bad, if not worse.

by Anonymousreply 58October 15, 2019 2:46 PM

The deplorables will lose their minds at him over 1. Guns. 2. Soda tax 3. Judaism. If you think Rs will work with him, you're insane.

Also, he could never get the Dem nomination. He's Mr. Stop and Frisk and I don't think black voters will come out to vote for him.

by Anonymousreply 59October 15, 2019 2:52 PM

Crime is lower now and at least the current major is taking steps to reduce inequity.

Bloomberg did none of that

by Anonymousreply 60October 15, 2019 2:53 PM

R58, and deblasio is no longer running for President

by Anonymousreply 61October 15, 2019 2:53 PM

R60 the current mayor is working to dismantle the city, and his wife misplaced $800 million.

What he’s doing to the specialized high school system is disgusting. Don’t get me started.

However, his Universal Pre-K is a triumph. As much as I despise the man, I’ll praise that. That was good.

by Anonymousreply 62October 15, 2019 3:01 PM

R61, and what does that have to do with de Blasio as mayor? The comment I was responding to specifically addressed de Blasio as mayor, not a candidate.

[quote]Crime is lower now and at least the current major is taking steps to reduce inequity.

Crime has been trending lower in NYC and across the country for decades. And inequality has gotten much worse under "the current major".

by Anonymousreply 63October 15, 2019 3:01 PM

[quote] Deblasio was elected as a progressive because NYers were sick of Bloomberg’s kissing the asses of the rich and pushing the poor out of their neighborhoods so the rich could gentrify

Deblasio is a fake progressive who got elected by pumping out his half black son With a huge Afro in a tv ad

He actually is more in bed with big donors (eg real estate, taxi cab owners) vs Bloomberg who had so much money he wasn’t beholden to anyone.

But keep buying the bullshit and lies if Deblasio aka Warren Wilhelm (yeah he changed his name too)

by Anonymousreply 64October 15, 2019 3:01 PM

[quote] [R25] Is right - great professor/PTA board-member, meh presidential nominee.

And there it is. Because she's a woman, she's not good enough to run for president.

by Anonymousreply 65October 15, 2019 3:33 PM

… and a fish will swim forward claiming he groped/fondled/kissed/raped her in 5-4-3-

by Anonymousreply 66October 15, 2019 5:07 PM

As a mild correction, Bloomberg is an actual billionaire. That other individual is not.

by Anonymousreply 67October 15, 2019 9:41 PM

[quote] I would prefer Bloomberg over Warren. At least his gritty New Yorker persona has some appeal among Middle Americans.

Gritty New Yorker persona? That is so fucking hilarious. SO FUCKING HILARIOUS

by Anonymousreply 68October 16, 2019 1:53 AM

[quote] The only way he could be competitive is as an independent, i.e. a spoiler. Democratic voters are in no mood for a pro-bank, pro-police-power billionaire candidate, even a little eldergay one that's for gun control.

I have a feeling if he were elected he might not be so big on gun control.

by Anonymousreply 69October 16, 2019 1:56 AM

Ugh, a Warren lecture again. This one about abortion.

by Anonymousreply 70October 16, 2019 2:29 AM

His hands are very soft, he loves and supports the arts and he hates guns. I’d vote for him.

by Anonymousreply 71October 16, 2019 2:36 AM

I like Bloomberg a lot, but his girlthang is Queen of the Witchypoos. She hates Democrat’s, so maybe they could send her deep into deplorable territory to badmouth us?

by Anonymousreply 72October 16, 2019 11:20 AM

* Democrats

by Anonymousreply 73October 16, 2019 11:21 AM

[quote] Gritty New Yorker persona? That is so fucking hilarious. SO FUCKING HILARIOUS

I know, but look at the people you're talking to. They think Pete Buttigieg is the epitome of masculinity.

by Anonymousreply 74October 16, 2019 11:29 AM

If some of you think andy Griffith lookalike is the epitome of masculinity then most of you must be very the chaftan wearing gays.

by Anonymousreply 75October 16, 2019 11:57 AM

It ain't over until it's over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76October 17, 2019 8:35 AM

Looking for a lover for one night. My naked photos and videos here - na­.­to/gayfottos

by Anonymousreply 77October 17, 2019 8:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!