Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Don't Mess With Me Bitch - I Am THE QUEEN!

Elton John is dishing on Queen Elizabeth in his new book.

The British monarch once slapped her nephew across the face repeatedly, John writes in his new book, “Me,” according to a report in the Sunday Times of London.

While at a party, the Rocketman claims, QEII asked her nephew, Viscount Linley, to watch over his sister, Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones, because she wasn’t feeling well and had left the festivities to go rest. Linley had no interest in doing so.

“When he [Linley] repeatedly tried to fob her off, the Queen lightly slapped him across the face, saying ‘Don’t’ – slap – ‘argue’ – slap – ‘with’ – slap – ‘me’ – slap – ‘I’ – slap – ‘am’ – slap – ‘THE QUEEN!'”

Linley then followed the Queen’s instructions.

When the Windsor matriarch noticed John had witnessed her out-of-character behavior, she winked at him and walked away, he writes.

“I know the Queen’s public image isn’t exactly one of wild frivolity, but . . . in private she could be hilarious,” John writes.

This item isn’t the only piece of royal gossip the singer reveals in his book. He also discusses Princess Diana, whom he was extremely close with.

One intimate revelation details the time Richard Gere and Sylvester Stalone fought over the newly single princess at a party.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49October 21, 2019 3:49 AM

Oh Elton, you tea-spewing fat queen.

by Anonymousreply 1October 12, 2019 5:18 PM

Grandma’s gonna Grandma.

by Anonymousreply 2October 12, 2019 5:19 PM

This sounds like it never happened.

by Anonymousreply 3October 12, 2019 5:24 PM

[quote]Queen Elizabeth slapped her nephew across the face in front of Elton John

That headline makes it sound like she whacked him with the full force of her wizened old body, rather than what she probably did which was tap him open handed on the cheek.

by Anonymousreply 4October 12, 2019 5:26 PM

Boom!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 12, 2019 5:27 PM

“saying ‘Don’t’ – slap – ‘argue’ – slap – ‘with’ – slap – ‘me’ – slap – ‘I’ – slap – ‘am’ – slap – ‘THE QUEEN!'”

She was probably angry that she had to move her handbag to her less dominant hand to punctuate her words with the whacks.

by Anonymousreply 6October 12, 2019 5:34 PM

“Don't Mess With Me Bitch - I Am THE QUEEN!”

Bitch stole my (left) hook!

by Anonymousreply 7October 12, 2019 5:39 PM

I'm not seeing a problem here.

by Anonymousreply 8October 12, 2019 5:53 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 12, 2019 6:05 PM

Wish she'd slap Harry's "colony" wife a few times.

by Anonymousreply 10October 12, 2019 6:19 PM

[quote] I know the Queen’s public image isn’t exactly one of wild frivolity, but . . . in private she could be hilarious

I wonder if that perception is caused by her being the queen. I imagine if anyone else said the same lines, even a comedian, it wouldn’t be funny.

by Anonymousreply 11October 12, 2019 6:35 PM

His story was believable until she supposedly said, "I am the Queen". Totally out of character for her. She doesn't need to say she's the Queen because everyone KNOWS she's the Queen.

Her nephew, Linley (now the 2nd Earl of Snowdon) was the target of attempted blackmail a few years ago involving drugs and homosexuality. Linley immediately went to the Queen to tell her the details, which apparently she took quite calmly. She advised him to call the police and let them handle it, which they did.

by Anonymousreply 12October 12, 2019 6:36 PM

[quote] One intimate revelation details the time Richard Gere and Sylvester Stalone fought over the newly single princess at a party.

Why? Did Richard Gere want to wear her dress and Stallone wanted to fuck her?

by Anonymousreply 13October 12, 2019 6:38 PM

[quote] Why? Did Richard Gere want to wear her dress and Stallone wanted to fuck her?

No, Stallone wanted to fuck Richard Gere and Diana wouldn't let them leave together. Since she wasn't getting any, she wanted to make sure that nobody who attended one of her dreary parties got any either.

by Anonymousreply 14October 12, 2019 6:42 PM

[quote] His story was believable until she supposedly said, "I am the Queen"

So, you actually think he'd be stupid enough to tell a lie about The Queen, while she's still alive to refute it?

by Anonymousreply 15October 12, 2019 7:01 PM

[quote] So, you actually think he'd be stupid enough to tell a lie about The Queen, while she's still alive to refute it?

She's a billion years old. What's she going to do about it? She won't draw negative attention to royalty by stooping to comment on the lies of some bitter, old poof. She has more important things to think about. Like is George Michael's ex-butt boy getting anywhere near the tourists?

by Anonymousreply 16October 12, 2019 7:15 PM

Why is Elton suddenly so thirsty? He just can't keep his fat maw shut these days.

by Anonymousreply 17October 12, 2019 8:04 PM

[quote]So, you actually think he'd be stupid enough to tell a lie about The Queen, while she's still alive to refute it?

Like she would bother. It's a minor story with zero consequences. If anyone would care to refute it, it's the nephew.

by Anonymousreply 18October 12, 2019 8:10 PM

The only slap-happy queen in that room was Elton himself.

by Anonymousreply 19October 16, 2019 2:13 AM

Ok, I'm now interested in this book. Finally, someone pulling back the curtain on that family. I assumed that they weren't above beating their children's asses. I knew the Queen would be a, "Do you know who I am!' type of person. Her staff usually get that out for her, but it's apparent that these people throw their weight around, probably obsessed with the pecking order.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 16, 2019 2:50 AM

r12 I think that proves that she was saying it all in jest. That sounds like how a grandmother would be slightly serious, but playfully, chastise a young child. She was playing. Now when Charles was growing up, I'm sure she and Phillip stayed on his ass.

by Anonymousreply 21October 16, 2019 2:55 AM

The nephew in question was not a child, but an adult, born 1961. He’s the son of Princess Margaret, grandson of King George VI and Elizabeth, the Queen Mother. He is God Child of the Queen Elizabeth II. He’s accomplished in his own right with homes in London, the country, and Provence. He has a wife and two children, with some drug filled homosex on the side.

My hunch is that this event with the Queen was something that the man struggled to suppress a beaming smile throughout.

by Anonymousreply 22October 16, 2019 4:02 AM

Elton is just jealous that he wasn't the one being slapped around by the Queen.

by Anonymousreply 23October 16, 2019 5:21 AM

Someone should slap Elton John across the face.

by Anonymousreply 24October 16, 2019 6:47 AM

I can actually see her doing something like this but definitely not in the presence of some random outsider like Dame John.

by Anonymousreply 25October 16, 2019 8:50 AM

QEII would NEVER do that. Princess Margaret would totally do that, only it wouldn't have been a light slap but a total ass whooping.

So either Elton is confused (likely) or it never happened

by Anonymousreply 26October 16, 2019 9:28 AM

R26 and how many of the Queen's events have you attended?

by Anonymousreply 27October 16, 2019 9:35 AM

Someone needs to slap the fuck out of Elton.

by Anonymousreply 28October 16, 2019 9:42 AM

I'm betting she was only lightly tapping his face as she said this. She was clearly half making fun of herself and half telling him to do what she was telling him to do.

by Anonymousreply 29October 16, 2019 10:20 AM

r27

QEII has a perfect record, and she isn't going to spoil it on a pseudo-queen like Elton, especially one that spent most of his life high and strung out

Look at Princess Margaret, you can see literally thousands of actions where she exhibits this kind of behavior, but not her sister.

by Anonymousreply 30October 16, 2019 3:28 PM

Queen Elizabeth doesn't have to tell anyone she is the queen, they know it.

by Anonymousreply 31October 16, 2019 3:29 PM

R30 there are plenty of stories where she says or does something cheeky behind the scenes. You're cherry-picking.

by Anonymousreply 32October 16, 2019 4:03 PM

The queen is a complete enigma, who knows what she gets up to behind closed doors.

by Anonymousreply 33October 17, 2019 11:58 PM

I would expect nothing less from a queen.

by Anonymousreply 34October 18, 2019 12:05 AM

She is supposedly a lot of fun behind closed doors. She once referred to Princess Michael of Kent as "far to grand for us" which is a brilliant put down, considering Her Majesty is at the pinnacle of society.

by Anonymousreply 35October 18, 2019 12:10 AM

R30, the understanding is that if one has been the guest of the queen or a fellow guest of someone else where the queen also is a guest, one does not talk about specifics of conversations or actions.

Elton hardly would have jeopardized his continued close access to some of the family members, and therefor he would have submitted the "I am the QUEEN!" piece to the palace for approval. As it shows Elizabeth being very funny in an unexpectedly arch, yet endearing, way, the palace no doubt gave its enthusiastic okay.

Despite the queen's well-known gift for imitations of public and famous figures she reduces to powder with her keen eye, almost no specifics ever have come out. Her comment about the Duchess of Kent ("Oh, she's more royal than the rest of us.") was a rarity, but also another example of an approved release. In this case it made a point the family wished to be made to distance themselves from this horrid woman.

by Anonymousreply 36October 18, 2019 12:21 AM

[quote]In this case it made a point the family wished to be made to distance themselves from this horrid woman.

The family can talk. Liz's uncle loved Hitler and he married a man in drag whose banged out cooter needed it's own postal code.

And then her grandson married a blackamoor. Hardly anything to brag about someone else being grand.

by Anonymousreply 37October 18, 2019 2:42 AM

David, Viscount Linley and Lady Sarah Chatto are my third cousins through their father and his horrible mother. I've never met them.

by Anonymousreply 38October 18, 2019 3:13 AM

I'm Prince Philip's illegitimate great-granddaughter by his sister Cecilie's. maid who managed to avoid the fatal flight in 1937 because she had been fired for being in the family way. She lost her mind when she heard that Cecilie and Grand Duke Georg and two of the girls had died after Cecilie gave birth on the plane unexpectedly and it hit a chimney trying to land in bad weather. And all that on the way to Papa Philip's other sister's wedding. Großmutter was placed for adoption but the family was told at the orphanage who the real father was it was Catholic and they hated the fact that Philip's sisters, including Cecilie, were Nazis and they refused to hide his little bastard, Edeltraut's, paternal connection to the Glücksburgs. Philip was only about sixteen when she was born, the little fucker. The SIS found her after Philip was being set up for Elizabeth, and the adoptive family, who had moved from Darmstadt to Denmark after the war, were stalked and warned that if they ever said anything to anyone the entire family would be killed.

I've never met them. The Windsors, or the Mountbattens, for that matter, I mean. I do have Philip's nose, although I had most of it rearranged after a fencing accident at Brown many years ago.

by Anonymousreply 39October 18, 2019 11:38 PM

Remember when an intruder entered her bed chamber? She kept him chatting while frantically pressing the emergency button.

There’s a story about Elizabeth walking with a friend through some rural area. When someone learned that she lived in London, they asked her if she’d ever met the Queen. She replied that she hadn’t, but pointed to her friend, and said, that he has.”

There a story about how she went for a nighttime stroll through the garden, and was almost shot buy a sniper.

During WWII, she worked as a mechanic.

On VJ Day, The Queen begged her parents to allow her and Margaret to leave the palace and celebrate with the crowds. The King and Queen, agreed, provided that they go with a gaggle of others.

Princess Anne was once attempted to be kidnapped, but she fought the assailants and won!

by Anonymousreply 40October 19, 2019 5:40 AM

It was one assailant, [R40], and her bodyguard was shot something like 7 times. Her husband, Mark Phillips, was also in the car. It was so nasty. Princess Anne talked about it in detail on Australian telly. It's on youtube.

by Anonymousreply 41October 19, 2019 5:49 AM

[quote]On VJ Day, The Queen begged her parents to allow her and Margaret to leave the palace and celebrate with the crowds. The King and Queen, agreed, provided that they go with a gaggle of others.

There was a movie made on this premise. "A Royal Night Out" Unfortunately, to add comedy to the story, they made Margaret much stupider than she actually was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42October 19, 2019 4:25 PM

R39, Prince Phillip's family is Greek Orthodox not Catholic. And apparently he has quietly returned to the faith importing Greek Orthodox priests into Windsor to say private Divine Liturgy. I don't blame him. Anglicanism is not a real religion.

by Anonymousreply 43October 19, 2019 4:42 PM

[quote] Philip’s four sisters married German princes and moved to Germany. Philip was alone in England.

There’s an interesting movie I can’t recall the name of right now, but his sister, Princess Sophie of Hesse, and her family were required to vacate their German home/castle immediately after the war so that the Allies could use the place to facilitate their occupation. In the movie, they hid their jewels in a hidden room and bricked-up any access to the room. In the movie, a US soldier found them, but found that he couldn’t fence them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44October 19, 2019 5:27 PM

[quote] And apparently he has quietly returned to the faith importing Greek Orthodox priests into Windsor to say private Divine Liturgy.

Must be the senility. He was never big on organised religion.

by Anonymousreply 45October 20, 2019 7:33 PM

Has anyone read Elton’s autobiography yet? Wondering if I should give it a go. x

by Anonymousreply 46October 20, 2019 7:36 PM

[quote] There’s an interesting movie I can’t recall the name of right now, but his sister, Princess Sophie of Hesse, and her family were required to vacate their German home/castle immediately after the war so that the Allies could use the place to facilitate their occupation. In the movie, they hid their jewels in a hidden room and bricked-up any access to the room. In the movie, a US soldier found them, but found that he couldn’t fence them.

I never heard of the movie, but the theft of the Hessian jewels involved three Americans, two male and one female. The jewels belonged to Princess Margaret, Landgravine of Hesse. She was a sister to the last Kaiser, and grand-daughter of Queen Victoria. The jewels were hidden in Schloss Friedrichshof, a castle inherited by Margaret from her mother, Victoria, Kaiserin and also Princess of Royal of Britain. Only a small portion of the jewels were ever recovered. Margaret died in 1954, the same year her sister-in-law (and cousin) Princess Irene, both of whom opposed the claims of Anna Anderson as Grand Duchess Anastasia. Princess Irene was sister to Tsarina Alexandra and Prince Philip's maternal grandmother.

by Anonymousreply 47October 20, 2019 7:44 PM

R47, it’s titled [italic] “The Hessen Conspiracy” [/italic] it’s not the best movie, but I like war movies, heist movies, and historical movies, so I enjoyed it. I had forgotten it was based on true events.

Part of what makes ”American Exceptionalism” a real thing, were things like this. While there certainly were bad actors, the American policy was NOT to loot its occupied nations of their jewels, artwork, and gold reserves. The Russians stole all those, even from erstwhile allies like Poland, and even packed-up entire German factories and shipped them back to Russian for reassembly and operation.

by Anonymousreply 48October 20, 2019 8:04 PM

This---

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49October 21, 2019 3:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!