Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Veronica Mars

Teenage detective and social outcast Veronica teams up with her father to solve crimes in her hometown of Neptune. Have you watched the show? What do you think?

by Anonymousreply 24October 19, 2019 9:25 AM

One of my favorite shows - It worked best when she was still in high school. Mostly well cast, especially Colantoni. And Harry Hamlin seemed to be having a grand old time.

by Anonymousreply 1October 12, 2019 8:55 PM

R1 I came across it in August only. Watched all the seasons in two months. Loved it! I have heard there will be a 5th season, hoping it's true.

Who was your favourite and least favourite character? And why?

by Anonymousreply 2October 13, 2019 5:31 AM

I've seen seasons 1 and 2. And the movie (which I didn't really like). I'll eventually catch up on the new series after doing a re-watch.

by Anonymousreply 3October 13, 2019 5:44 AM

I loved it!

by Anonymousreply 4October 13, 2019 5:54 AM

Enrico Colantoni was very sexy

by Anonymousreply 5October 13, 2019 6:12 AM

R3 Yes, the ending of the movie was underwhelming. The guy - the killer - sort of came out of nowhere, he was never introduced before the movie and we had no idea of his background. In the previous seasons, the offenders were introduced well before the mystery was ever solved.

R5 I loved him too! He was one of my favourites besides Mac. I really missed Mac in season 4.

by Anonymousreply 6October 13, 2019 6:29 AM

So there are theories floating around that Logan isn't dead. He had to go undercover and that's why he faked his death. The Sorry he texted before the wedding - about which he later made an excuse to Veronica - that was for what was about to happen. It also helps that the death was shown off screen, no funeral etc. What do you think?

by Anonymousreply 7October 15, 2019 6:51 AM

We just had a friend a few weeks ago for the new season. Not yelling at you, just saying you might find more responses if you can track that one down.

by Anonymousreply 8October 15, 2019 8:00 AM

THREAD* sorry. Here it is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 15, 2019 8:00 AM

R9 I just read that thread! But they were only discussing season 4 and nobody is commenting anymore. Let's continue here for as long as we can. I don't see much hope though.

by Anonymousreply 10October 17, 2019 12:53 PM

Weevil was cute.

by Anonymousreply 11October 17, 2019 1:14 PM

I found him cute in season 1 and 2. By season 3 he started getting terrible acne. I liked his dynamic with Veronica though.

by Anonymousreply 12October 17, 2019 1:18 PM

Did anyone like Duncan? Was it weird how he was never mentioned once he left with his baby?

by Anonymousreply 13October 17, 2019 3:04 PM

I liked Duncan too. He seemed too nice and sane to be someone with epilepsy or bipolar disorder.

I’m rewatching the first two seasons and Logan is both more racist and stupid than I recalled.

It’s almost a shame that Rob Thomas focuses on romance when Veronica’s friendship with Wallace and later Mac were the strongest thing on the show.

by Anonymousreply 14October 17, 2019 4:04 PM

R14 I don't recall him being bipolar, just having epilepsy. Duncan WAS a lot nicer and more understanding than Logan. I think Duncan and Meg were better suited for each other .Veronica -atleast Veronica post Lily's death - was just not the girl for him.

I never imagined Meg to die in the show. I figured she would get better and then her and Duncan would raise the baby somewhere away from Neptune - and there will be minor crossover with Veronica's life every few episodes.

by Anonymousreply 15October 17, 2019 4:15 PM

It's also kind of weird how Logan is still friends with Dick after Veronica's rape. If I was her, I wouldn't be talking to either of them.

by Anonymousreply 16October 18, 2019 2:18 AM

It is insane that this has never come up in any discussion I have had about the show with people. For the record I can't believe it either. And they were friends even in season 4! Wtf?! Did they feel so guilty for Cassidy dying right in front of them that they forgave dick for his predatory behavior?! I mean it's still wrong, I would have never forgiven him or trusted him again and would have immediately dumped Logan's ass too.

This was one of the few inconsistent things about Veronica Mars. Also the fact that they never showed Mac's birth parents again, even though they made an entire episode about it.

by Anonymousreply 17October 18, 2019 8:58 AM

Mac’s birth mother would have at least paid for her college, right?

by Anonymousreply 18October 18, 2019 11:53 AM

My fave was Francis Capra, so hot.

by Anonymousreply 19October 18, 2019 12:13 PM

R18 Girl I hope so! I mean poor girl lost her entire life to someone else.

R19 Did you find him odd looking in season 3 and onwards?

by Anonymousreply 20October 18, 2019 1:16 PM

Weevil got kinda fat but in the early days he looked kinda cute. big lips, handsome dark features. He did kinda look like a 35 year old high schooler though, but then again so did most of the cast.

Did anyone else secretly love Charisma Carpenter as Kendall Casablancas? She seemed to understand the tacky nature of her character and play up the campier elements of the show's tone.

by Anonymousreply 21October 18, 2019 2:25 PM

Yes R21 He looked good in season 1 and somewhat in season 2. I think the whole bad boy thing he had going early on made him look more desirable.

I loved Kendall. I also loved how bitchy she could be around V - who would get all riled up by Kendall every time. Sad how things turned out for the character.

Btw is it just the two of us going back and forth here with one more person chiming in? I feel so. Lol.

by Anonymousreply 22October 18, 2019 2:54 PM

[Quote] Did anyone else secretly love Charisma Carpenter as Kendall Casablancas? She seemed to understand the tacky nature of her character and play up the campier elements of the show's tone.

Well she's had prior experience with that thanks to playing Cordelia Chase on Buffy. And speaking of Buffy, I enjoyed Alyson Hannigan playing Logan's bitchy sister, Trina.

by Anonymousreply 23October 18, 2019 4:15 PM

I enjoyed Trina too. Was hoping they would keep showing her intermittently.

On that note - I initially thought Logan's mom didn't jump off the bridge, she just wanted to get away from his dad and staged that "accident" But then in the end they discovered some kid's tape and you could see her jumping off the bridge! I was heartbroken.

by Anonymousreply 24October 19, 2019 9:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!