Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bon Voyage to Gay Cities!

We all know that places like Provincetown/Wilton manners/ Palm Springs/Russian rRiver /every other gay enclave and resort are dying out. They’re mostly full of old men named Ron Don Ron or Don. Millennials and Gen Z’s are not interested in surrounding themselves with all gay men. They live out loud everywhere and are friends with everybody. They don’t find it necessary to run away to these gay resorts to be themselves. So now that Ron Don Don and Ron are dying off.. what will become of these cities?

by Anonymousreply 127October 24, 2019 11:51 PM

Manors.. I need to put that in there before the spelling troll gets me

by Anonymousreply 1October 9, 2019 8:53 PM

Local gay orgs and institutions are all dying off cause boomers were joiners, before social media that's how you met people and got things done. Subsequent generations aren't joiners.

by Anonymousreply 2October 9, 2019 8:56 PM

Gay cities are dying because hets moved into them and worked hard to tamp down the homos. Seeing it in Toronto's gaybourhood.

by Anonymousreply 3October 9, 2019 9:04 PM

Even SoHo in London is barely gay anymore.

by Anonymousreply 4October 9, 2019 9:36 PM

so from the threads tonight I learned that "friendship" and "gay" are so 1992

by Anonymousreply 5October 9, 2019 9:41 PM

From OP’s incoherent, welp-style prose, are Gen Z exterminating Elder Gays in their native habitats? What, precisely, was the point of this ageist trollery?

by Anonymousreply 6October 9, 2019 9:44 PM

R6 It’s not ageist. You’re missing the whole point of the thread. Younger people don’t feel the need to rush off to gay resorts and cities because we no longer have to hide who we are. I have friends of all races and sexual orientation’s that I interact with every day in myriad of social settings including gay and straight bars and events. Going to Provincetown is not a destination of choice for us younger people because again it’s simply not necessary. I’m glad older people had these places to run to .. to feel safe. Cities evolve and change… I’m just wondering what will happen when older gents die off. Yes straight people have taken over many of the traditional gay neighborhood… so what? They have every right to be there.

by Anonymousreply 7October 9, 2019 10:27 PM

[quote]Yes straight people have taken over many of the traditional gay neighborhood… so what? They have every right to be there.

You are so fucking stupid.

by Anonymousreply 8October 9, 2019 10:30 PM

Fuck OP! No MANcation for him!

by Anonymousreply 9October 9, 2019 10:33 PM

R8 Why can’t gays live in an integrated neighborhood with everybody? Why is it so wrong to interact with all types of people?

by Anonymousreply 10October 9, 2019 10:35 PM

We live in an integrated housing development in Florida with old ones and young ones, straights and gays.

I hated being isolated in Palm Springs. It sucked.

by Anonymousreply 11October 9, 2019 10:37 PM

AIDS wiped out the thriving West Village. Straight women with baby carriages colonized the place almost immediately.

That's what will happen in all the other gayborhoods, too. Straight women just keep having babies. And they don't care about our history.

by Anonymousreply 12October 9, 2019 10:39 PM

LOL R10. People like you must be fucking blind, deaf or both. Straight people de NOT want gay men around. Why do you think they still throw gay and fag around as insults and laugh at you behind your back, dumbass?

by Anonymousreply 13October 9, 2019 10:49 PM

Come on, R12. Without babies and frauen to raise them, where would the new generation of twinks come from?

by Anonymousreply 14October 9, 2019 10:49 PM

R13 Dude how old are you? Most of us that graduated high school in the late ‘00s… At least in big cities have a lot of different kinds of friends. People in general laugh behind your back. Gay people are the absolute worst when it comes to talking shit about people. Who the fuck cares? Again that’s not the point of this thread is questioning what will happen to the cities when the older generation dies off?

by Anonymousreply 15October 9, 2019 11:04 PM

R7 You seem tiresome

by Anonymousreply 16October 9, 2019 11:08 PM

The reasons places like a place Fire Island Pines is still there are because gay guys like to hang out with each other and hang out and hook up. I've never seen more 20s and 30s guys there than in the last few summers.

by Anonymousreply 17October 9, 2019 11:13 PM

OP has never been to any of these places.

by Anonymousreply 18October 9, 2019 11:15 PM

R18 As someone in their late 20s .. well 29 has no business being in Palm Springs. We don’t give a shit about Palm Springs. It’s all old men that ran out there to seek refuge from the world. We can hang out in our backyard with all of our friends and have a barbecue amongst many different types of people. We don’t need to book special hookup trips or cruises etc.

by Anonymousreply 19October 9, 2019 11:27 PM

Oh and silly me I pick my friends based on things we have in common… If we only have sucking dick and getting fucked in the ass in common that’s not enough for me.

by Anonymousreply 20October 9, 2019 11:29 PM

R20 You are so tiresome

by Anonymousreply 21October 9, 2019 11:39 PM

R21 If I making you so tired take your Metamucil and go back to bed gramps

by Anonymousreply 22October 10, 2019 12:03 AM

R22 If you hate gay men so much, why on earth are you on this board?

by Anonymousreply 23October 10, 2019 12:13 AM

"As someone in their late 20s"

Who has never been to college.

by Anonymousreply 24October 10, 2019 12:16 AM

Wilton Manors is BOOMING.

by Anonymousreply 25October 10, 2019 12:19 AM

R24, I have two friends, one is a plumber, the other an electrician Neither went to college. Their trade school got them where they are today ... both making three figure salaries. The real world needs electricians, plumbers, welders and auto repair guys, not Art History majors.

by Anonymousreply 26October 10, 2019 12:20 AM

R24 Def went to college. Now Im a lacrosse coach and teacher Not gay enough for u?

by Anonymousreply 27October 10, 2019 12:25 AM

R25. Honest question, is that true. Been there once, it seemed so small. Florida is sorta homophobic but I'm guessing Ft Lauderdale and Miami aren't.

by Anonymousreply 28October 10, 2019 12:30 AM

R26 Your friends make three figure salaries...I'm impressed.

by Anonymousreply 29October 10, 2019 12:32 AM

OP is ill informed and has never been to any of these places. Go to P-Town during the summer and it’s twinks everywhere. Same with Palm Springs.

That you don’t go? Well, you aren’t the voice of a generation regardless of your sense of entitlement. I wouldn’t care if you didn’t, though. Your generations lack of manners, social skills and inability to hold a conversation is tedious.

We’ve indulged your parents failures long enough.

by Anonymousreply 30October 10, 2019 12:46 AM

R30 Well I guess I would learn manners if I went to one of your boring dinner parties where everybody sits around and talks about pop-culture antiques and dicks…

by Anonymousreply 31October 10, 2019 12:50 AM

But nobody will ever invite you.

by Anonymousreply 32October 10, 2019 12:53 AM

Furthermore… If you’re over 50 are you still uncomfortable in an all straight setting such as barbecue or event? Do straight people still intimidate you? What would happen if there is another gay person there? Would you run over to him and talk about cocks an ass and how dreadful the food was? Do most of you stress out during a straight event and wish you could get out of there as soon as possible and rush to the gay bar to talk about cocks and ass? Our generation is way more relaxed… Time has helped with that. Straight people talk about cocks and ass as well.. If you stayed in an event long enough you would find out.

by Anonymousreply 33October 10, 2019 12:56 AM

Helpful hint: nobody serves chicken nuggets and tater tots at a dinner party. They involve non-disposable utensils. You’d be horribly bored as your anime and social media “celebrities” aren’t of interest to adults. R31

by Anonymousreply 34October 10, 2019 12:57 AM

R26, that wasn't what that comment meant. Boy, some of you need help.

by Anonymousreply 35October 10, 2019 12:59 AM

I've only been to Palm Springs in January. But there are NOT a bunch of twinks there. Spotting anyone under 65 is EXTREMELY difficult, let alone gay men under 65.

It was always a drought looking for 20- or 30-something gays there at either the bars or on the apps. The go-go boys hired for the bars was about it.

by Anonymousreply 36October 10, 2019 12:59 AM

R36, look at IG.

by Anonymousreply 37October 10, 2019 1:00 AM

R30

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38October 10, 2019 1:00 AM

R34 FYI I’ve been to a dinner party with a bunch of old queens and no one was interested in what I do for a living or that I coached. All they cared about was their fucking antiques who made the best rump roast and other old queen shit. Just because we’re gay doesn’t mean we all have to be friends or have anything in common.

by Anonymousreply 39October 10, 2019 1:01 AM

OP - “Millennials and Gen Z’s are not interested in surrounding themselves with all gay men.”

And we couldn’t be happier, you shallow Instagram twits.

R2’s post is spot on.

by Anonymousreply 40October 10, 2019 1:05 AM

The antique thing is definitely eldergay shit. That's really dying out, as far as something gay men are interested in. Gen X/Millennial men aren't into it at all.

by Anonymousreply 41October 10, 2019 1:05 AM

R36 Exactly! It’s gods waiting room. It’s full of all the little boys that ran away from Podunk Missouri to live an authentic gay life. My generation doesn’t have to do that especially if we were raised in the city.

by Anonymousreply 42October 10, 2019 1:07 AM

Hmmm .. Im hoping your lack of interest in PTown means real estate prices will go down and I can buy more properties there ....feel free to keep staying away ...

by Anonymousreply 43October 10, 2019 1:11 AM

Tedious children afflicted with self hatred and lack of social skills are not entertaining. Your mind is still in Podunk, Missouri. The mere fact that you are here spewing your pablum contradicts your premise. Sounds like someone got dumped for being a vapid twink. Be gone, troll-in-training, being an eldergeigh will soon engulf you if you live long enough. Being old is a privilege denied to many. Your level of vitriol will create a face that will soon scare small children and that will be impervious to any plastic surgery intervention. Hateful hag is a destination you are fast approaching...enjoy it....alone. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 44October 10, 2019 1:12 AM

R40 Not all of us are obsessed with Insta. We’re also not intimidated by straight guys. We can have a normal conversation with them and find something in common. We don’t find it necessary to run and drown our sorrows at the gay bar while listening to Britney Spears or another horrible music blasting from the television.

by Anonymousreply 45October 10, 2019 1:13 AM

R44 Thanks but I have a boyfriend. He teaches mountain biking classes and wilderness survival. The guys don’t like that either.

by Anonymousreply 46October 10, 2019 1:16 AM

R46 The gays don’t like that. They’d rather rather run away from us and have a conversation

by Anonymousreply 47October 10, 2019 1:17 AM

Girls, girls, you both cunts!

by Anonymousreply 48October 10, 2019 1:17 AM

R46, don’t get out much, do ya hun? Lol & smh

by Anonymousreply 49October 10, 2019 1:18 AM

R48 Oh I’m a certifiable cunt I know that.

by Anonymousreply 50October 10, 2019 1:19 AM

R49 yes we get out all the time… In fact this weekend we’re going camping. God forbid we miss the Cocks and ass festival in some random city

by Anonymousreply 51October 10, 2019 1:21 AM

PTown is shallow, status-obsessed snobs. And your stereotypical "Aren't I FABULOUS?" queens. Ogunquit, ME is a lot more laid-back and chill.

by Anonymousreply 52October 10, 2019 1:22 AM

R47 Have you always been self-absorbed and pretentious? Many of us served long careers in the military, law enforcement and public safety. Translation: doing vastly more masculine activities that involved actual danger than you can comprehend.

But here you are asserting masculinity on the basis of children’s games and toys.

If you stopped stomping around and practiced what you claim you do, which is engage in conversation- you’d learn how many of us have long, successful careers in science, law, government, banking.

In short, we’ve done all the things you pretend to be doing, and we were actually successful on the merits of our competence. Whatever foolish notions you have between your ears are childish.

Everything you whined that old gay people do - you’ve been doing here R46

by Anonymousreply 53October 10, 2019 1:24 AM

Weirdly, despite the OP's many proclamations on behalf of "us young people", "we young people", and "our generation", he doesn't sound like he's even close to actually being young.

by Anonymousreply 54October 10, 2019 1:25 AM

R54 Well according to DL Im not young I should just pick out my own pine box. I was born in 1990.

by Anonymousreply 55October 10, 2019 1:27 AM

"We can have a normal conversation with them and find something in common."

So when the conversation inevitably turns to fucking pussy and big DDD titties, what is your contribution (and don't tell me some happy horseshit story about how straight guys don't talk about sex). Do you mention how you plowed your mountain bike instructing boyfriend's tight, warm ass, and how you then flip fucked and he shoved a foot long dildo up your prolapsed hole? I'm sure your straight friends were eager to hear more of your gay sexcapades.

by Anonymousreply 56October 10, 2019 1:28 AM

'course you were, R55.

by Anonymousreply 57October 10, 2019 1:30 AM

R56 Have you met anybody in their 20s? Most of my friends are an open book. We talk about everything.

by Anonymousreply 58October 10, 2019 1:30 AM

R57 Dude how my supposed to sound as an almost 30-year-old? I’ve been alive long enough and observed many things my opinions are just as valid as anybody that’s older.

by Anonymousreply 59October 10, 2019 1:33 AM

Ugh, this is all so tedious. OP, it is wonderful that your generation feels so comfortable in the world. I think all gay men feel good about that progress. But don’t forget that you’re standing on the shoulders of older generations who struggled to get you there. You will hopefully never know the stigma they fought. And though regretfully gay clubs have mostly died out, at least for now, gay destinations like PTown still seem to thrive for all ages. I for one am glad to see places exist where gays of all generations can still gather. Maybe it would help bring down some of the odd hostility we’re seeing in this post.

by Anonymousreply 60October 10, 2019 1:34 AM

R51, I doubt you’re even geigh. Perhaps merely homosexual. Maybe a self loathing, bisexual Republicant ? Why not waddle back over to the daily stormer where they can accommodate your outrageous lies and self-hatred? Otherwise, keep playing here by/with yourself. Buh bye.

by Anonymousreply 61October 10, 2019 1:35 AM

I wonder what would happen if OP started a thread worrying about the fate of Spellman, Howard, and other HBCUs, now that American society is all integrated an everything. She is friends with everyone, you know.

Maybe Brownies and Girl Scouts are no longer necessary either, not with all genders being equal now, and nonbinary an option, to boot. There's just no need.

It will probably be a good thing, too, now that Millennials are here to show us a better way to live, because all those drafty, big synagogues and churches can all just be combined since everyone's the same. Much more efficient.

by Anonymousreply 62October 10, 2019 1:36 AM

In MY day, respectable gays didn't talk about "cocks and ass." Rather, we talked about Judy and chiffon and shit like that.

by Anonymousreply 63October 10, 2019 1:40 AM

I dunno, seems like a lot of the young ones can't stand to be around each other. Eldergays had and still have their humor and and hearty laughter. Nothing's off the table when a bunch of raucous queens got together for some fun. Under;ying that was often genuine affection and tenderness. PC culture killed bonding, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 64October 10, 2019 1:47 AM

^ get together*

by Anonymousreply 65October 10, 2019 1:48 AM

I've been to p-town on and off & it seems like it was getting more and more hetero... but at the same time full BnBs are being bought by older gay people (I think it's them - not straights) to retire. There are fewer places to stay. The prices there are also so high for tourists. They have to make all of their money in a few months, so paying $10 for a drink with a $25 hamburger are keeping people away to some extent.

That being said, I've never seen a tea dance that wasn't packed. The ferry, oddly enough, feels like it's 75% straight people - but then you get there and the gays are still there.

The gay scene in p-town seems extremely cliquey for a gay vacation spot. I've rarely met anyone more except when a mutual friend will introduce me to a group of gays and they do that stupid thing where they recite their name s "I'm Michael - I'm Andrew - I'm Stephen - I'm Jason" - and then walk away never to be seen again. I've met gay guys in cities all over the place but p-town gays always seemed a little bitchy.

by Anonymousreply 66October 10, 2019 1:51 AM

R66 I bet you would’ve fallen off the pier if they said their names were Mike Andy Jason and Steve.

by Anonymousreply 67October 10, 2019 1:53 AM

R67 they’re the ones under the pier at Dick Dock.

by Anonymousreply 68October 10, 2019 1:58 AM

R68 lol.. So the gays under the pier are the ones that chose nicknames and the ones on the pier use their exact given birth names.. yawn gay tired bs

by Anonymousreply 69October 10, 2019 2:01 AM

How interesting that Andy Jason and Mike and Steve are ready to socialize and make friends. Yet Michael Andrew and Stephen still have sticks up their ass.

by Anonymousreply 70October 10, 2019 2:04 AM

[quote] All they cared about was their fucking antiques who made the best rump roast and other old queen shit.

Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 71October 10, 2019 2:08 AM

Poor thing R69. When you actually have sex, should that happen - you’ll learn that horny men and social men can inhabit the same body. They just happen to have different names and different contact info depending on how you met.

Lots of young guys I’ve fucked the hell out of would greatly prefer I give no hint we’ve ever met, should we encounter each other in public. But they’ll be over to get laid. Men like sex, and sometimes the sex they really like isn’t what they want their friends to find out about.

by Anonymousreply 72October 10, 2019 2:09 AM

This would make a great stage play.

by Anonymousreply 73October 10, 2019 2:13 AM

i knew a gay guy named Benjamin. I called him Ben just to piss him off. He wanted to be called by his proper given name. Duh like most gays!

by Anonymousreply 74October 10, 2019 2:15 AM

Oh, yes. R20 is most tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 75October 10, 2019 2:16 AM

[quote] us younger people

Anyone who says they are “us younger people” clearly isn’t. One look at some of OP’s comments on other threads clearly reveals that he is hardly someone who graduated high school “in the late 00s.”

by Anonymousreply 76October 10, 2019 2:16 AM

R73 It was called Boys In the band.

by Anonymousreply 77October 10, 2019 2:17 AM

R55 - “Well according to DL Im not young I should just pick out my own pine box. I was born in 1990.

Let me help you pick out that box. And don’t worry, we’ll bury you with your iPhone. Waaaa-waaaa.

r 40

by Anonymousreply 78October 10, 2019 2:41 AM

An interesting discussion. My straight nephew had a gay friend from Seattle who visited my town. My nephew, who's known since he was a teen that I'm gay, asked me to come down to join them for a drink - in a straight bar. After sipping one drink, the gay friend said let's get out of here. When we were outside, I asked him where else he'd like to go. He said, "a gay bar". In other words, he was fine meeting in a straight bar, but he wanted to see his peeps, as we all do. I'm very suspicious of the guy who keeps insisting that gay people only want to live among the straights 24/7 365 days a year. Settling or living in a predominantly gay environment is another decision - one that many gays ultimately reject. But that's only because they have carved out a life for themselves which includes having enough gay friends where they are. Gay people who have never met still have something in common, other than interest in cocks and asses and antiques. They have grown up as part of a tiny minority, who cannot escape a certain amount of discrimination in their lives - whether from conservative religious people, from political parties who seem to desire to take away their civil rights, or from family members who are convinced that they are ultimately going to be miserable as gay. That's not enough to form a friendship, but it's enough to start a conversation - a conversation that can never be fully understood by a straight person.

by Anonymousreply 79October 10, 2019 2:43 AM

1990? You are young - on DL. You're old on Reddit maybe.

by Anonymousreply 80October 10, 2019 2:43 AM

R79 - great post. Exactly my thought after I read all this. I’m fine in straight bars and straight friends houses. But in my 20s and 30s I wanted to have potential sexual partners - which are at gay bars and gay neighborhoods. I get you can be at a straight bar and be on Grindr. But seems like chances are better in a gay environment to meet a hookup.

Also agree with your point about conversation. I find I can converse with gay people at a different level than most straight people. Easier with more subjects, reference points and viewpoints in common. Yes there are exceptions. But if I have one Friday night, I’d rather spend it at a gay bar than a straight bar 7 out of 10 times. I’m surrounded by straight people all day every day. I find comfort in an easy environment on my free time,

by Anonymousreply 81October 10, 2019 3:31 AM

I have some younger gay peers, acquaintances and friends. A LOT of them have brutal social skills, rough manner, are often boring. They seem to find these desired qualities in other young gay guys.

I don't recall these being so valued when I was in my 20s and early 30s.

by Anonymousreply 82October 10, 2019 4:31 AM

So much weird, ageist projection in this thread. Anyone who thinks gay men over 40 or 50 are all about antiques, Judy, Barbra, and rump roast really needs to get out more. Here's a newsflash: older generations of same-sex attracted people are just as diverse in their values and interests and social activities as the younger ones are. Go figure!

by Anonymousreply 83October 10, 2019 5:16 AM

Everyone knows gays have good taste.

If the old hangouts are no longer amenable, I'm sure we'll find others.

by Anonymousreply 84October 10, 2019 6:08 AM

I was in P-town this summer and it was so nice to NOT see very many 20somethings or even 30somethings.

I think the main reason P-town skews older is the fact it's expensive. There's no cheap lodging and the restaurants are ridiculously overpriced.

by Anonymousreply 85October 10, 2019 6:15 AM

R79 is the voice of reason. I love Ptown and didn't even notice the lack of Millennials. I also don't go there looking to fuck 20 somethings. I work all year in a majority straight environment, go out and hangout with straight coworkers with no issue whatsoever. I do enjoy being around more gay people because we share many life experiences. OP is obviously a douchebro wannabe trying to differntiate himself from the stereotypical old queens with their dinner parties and antiques. I say we all send him a pot roast (? seriously?) recipe and a place setting of Limoges for his elder years when he's entertaining adorned with his sagging piercings and faded tats.

by Anonymousreply 86October 10, 2019 6:33 AM

I'm 53 and face fucked a 22 year old twink a couple of nights ago. He was so grateful. For me it was meh.

by Anonymousreply 87October 10, 2019 6:48 AM

[quote]I dunno, seems like a lot of the young ones can't stand to be around each other.

I don't think that's just gay people. I'm taking a class this fall in which I'm the only adult, i.e., not between 18 and 22, and at first, I thought these kids were ignoring the fuck out of me because I'm so much older than they are. Gradually I came to realize they don't want to be around each other, either.

The only relationship any of them seems to have is with his or her phone, which they stare into until the moment class starts, and many of them turn on as soon as possible after class. There's a core group of three girls who talk to each other before class, but other than that, they do not engage.

They ignore the professor, too. He says "buongiorno, ragazzi" to us at the beginning of each class, and I am the only one who responds. Such robots, this bunch.

by Anonymousreply 88October 10, 2019 7:24 AM

[quote]That's really dying out, as far as something gay men are interested in

First of all, you don't speak for ALL millennial gay men. In fact, you speak for no one but yourself. Second of all, I'm Gen X. I turn fifty in a couple of months. And I was NEVER interested in antiquing, and don't know anyone who was.

by Anonymousreply 89October 10, 2019 8:17 AM

[quote]I'm 53 and face fucked a 22 year old twink a couple of nights ago. He was so grateful. For me it was meh.

Because millennials don't know how to give a good blowjob. It's one more area that they are deficient in out of sheer laziness.

by Anonymousreply 90October 10, 2019 8:18 AM

Palm Springs is more gay than it was 20 years ago. Sure, its mostly elder, but that's only because it's a good place to retire. You get a lot of house for your money, no big city problems, a sense of community and even if you are not gay, the architect is unmatched anywhere else in the country for mid century modern. It's fun to be in a place that celebrates architecture and design instead of a dirty city full of crime, filth and rude self involved assholes. Iv lived in cities most of my life but that shit is really getting old.

by Anonymousreply 91October 10, 2019 9:40 AM

The thing you don't realizes about Palm Springs is that it's a resort town. Like most resort towns straight or gay, they get waves of people who visit at certin times of the year. PS has its share of young people that flock into the city by the thousands. It just wasn't happening when you were there. Old men are not staying at the Ace Hotel or going to the White Party if they live there, they hate that shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92October 10, 2019 9:44 AM

R3 Yup. In the gay village in Montreal they are building condos now. The beginning of the end. Enjoy it now.

by Anonymousreply 93October 10, 2019 9:48 AM

[quote]Millennials and Gen Z’s are not interested in surrounding themselves with all gay men. They live out loud everywhere and are friends with everybody.

You live in LA, SF, NY or another big city right? Try that in some of the flyover states. They still hate gays there. Many voted against gay marriage when they had a chance. They voted for Trump who put in judges who will probably vote down our right not to be fired just for being gay.

FYI most elder gays never lived in totally gay cities, they would have been a lot bigger if they did. 95% of us lived just like you do with a mix of friends of all types and go to their weddings, BBQs Movies, and every other event just like you do. We are not all hairdressers and decorators busy collecting antiques. Some of us are lawyers, doctors, scientists, engineers, and programmers. You go where the jobs are. Stop with the ageist projection.

by Anonymousreply 94October 10, 2019 9:58 AM

OP has somehow turned most of the responders on this post into acting like Mike from Palm Springs.

by Anonymousreply 95October 10, 2019 10:33 AM

[quote]Straight women with baby carriages colonized the place almost immediately.

All by themselves? Did they reproduce asexually?

by Anonymousreply 96October 10, 2019 10:44 AM

Mountain bike classes and wilderness survival. Skills?

If that isn’t made up (it is), then the whole generation is lost. Only a child raised in some Bizzarre helicoptered existence would need a class on how to ride a bike and camp.

But we know that’s bs anyway.

Jesus

by Anonymousreply 97October 10, 2019 10:58 AM

[quote]They ignore the professor, too. He says "buongiorno, ragazzi" to us at the beginning of each class, and I am the only one who responds.

Honey, why would you respond? You haven't been a "ragazzo" since Mussolini was in power.

by Anonymousreply 98October 10, 2019 2:49 PM

When we have a family get together all of my nieces and nephews under 30 just sit around staring at their phones. Even in restaurants.We gave up trying to shame them. They cant go five minutes without them.The most boring generation ever.

by Anonymousreply 99October 10, 2019 2:59 PM

Emerald City wasn't all that. I got out as soon as I could.

by Anonymousreply 100October 10, 2019 2:59 PM

Even more to my point, r98.

by Anonymousreply 101October 10, 2019 4:04 PM

Most summer weeks, the line to get into the Provincetown Tea Dance or the various underwear parties is down the block. I can't tell you how many times people have said they had to leave because it was too crowded.

by Anonymousreply 102October 10, 2019 4:08 PM

I can't tell you how many Gen Z sluts sucked my old man cock over the summer at the Underwear Party on Fire Island. OP is a transparently bad EST.

by Anonymousreply 103October 10, 2019 4:17 PM

R97 Dude it’s not made up. We live in Salt Lake City. There’s a huge amount of dumbasses that come out here thinking they know how to camp mountain bike etc. most have never been on a mountain bike. Most of these idiots end up careening down the mountain side and getting seriously injured because they don’t know how to control the bike. There also people mostly dumbasses from big cities that think they know how to camp and survive and end up getting lost in the Wasatch. My boyfriend teaches them how to ride, had a fall the right way so they don’t break a bone etc.

by Anonymousreply 104October 10, 2019 5:08 PM

I guess all those young gay guys partying at Ptown all summer on Instagram were optical illusions.

by Anonymousreply 105October 10, 2019 5:13 PM

R104 so you’re a super popular couple at your ward?

by Anonymousreply 106October 10, 2019 5:18 PM

"Lots of young guys I’ve fucked the hell out of would greatly prefer I give no hint we’ve ever met,"

Maybe you should reflect on that.

by Anonymousreply 107October 11, 2019 3:19 AM

R107 selective parsing is what children do.

by Anonymousreply 108October 11, 2019 3:47 AM

I get the stereotype of antiques and Judy, but since when is cooking "rump roast" a gay thing?

by Anonymousreply 109October 13, 2019 2:16 PM

[quote]Even SoHo in London is barely gay anymore.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 110October 13, 2019 2:18 PM

r110 = Southern Ho

by Anonymousreply 111October 13, 2019 3:39 PM

I’m 63 years old and I have some friends who are gay and straight and, although I’m not anxious in all straight gatherings, I do feel some resentment in that the world and the culture support them. They don’t give it a thought, of course, being part of the dominant culture but I can’t get past my resentment.

by Anonymousreply 112October 13, 2019 3:59 PM

What a horrendous waste of energy R112. At your age,no less.

by Anonymousreply 113October 13, 2019 4:57 PM

R40 probably spends all his time hitting on 20 year old guys

I love the eldergays who blame millennials for everything they don't like. Will they blame Baby Boomers for supporting Trump?

by Anonymousreply 114October 13, 2019 5:01 PM

Nah we'll just blame you for not voting at all.

by Anonymousreply 115October 15, 2019 1:28 AM

There’s already been a thread on this OP. Would it have killed you to do a search before you posted this? I mean really? Do you think you could have just done a search?

by Anonymousreply 116October 15, 2019 1:29 AM

R114 We’ll blame you for your generations endless self-absorption with emotional support animals, avocado toast, and not seeing wee-wee in the locker room as your big trigger issues.

The self-supporting adults are more concerned with treason, and mass slaughter of innocents in Kurdistan. But please, do tell us more about why everything hinges on why you have butthurt over today’s trigger word.

by Anonymousreply 117October 15, 2019 1:32 AM

When are you signing up to go fight in Kurdistan r117?

by Anonymousreply 118October 15, 2019 1:34 AM

R118 I did my years in the military on active duty. Multiple weapons qualification. How about you?

by Anonymousreply 119October 15, 2019 1:38 AM

Then by all means you need to get back over there r119!

by Anonymousreply 120October 15, 2019 2:00 AM

R120 Are you furiously applying for jobs as a concentration camp guard? You Trumpies adore anything involving uniforms and guns, so long as you get to torture and murder children. Your party’s slogan “Now with EXTRA rape!”

by Anonymousreply 121October 15, 2019 2:04 AM

Hardly a Trumpie, just tired of well-off people in first world countries wringing their hands about the poors in other lands while they do nothing.

by Anonymousreply 122October 15, 2019 2:46 AM

R122 So you're a Trump Fellow Traveler. You might eschew him, but you embrace his actions. Ergo, fellow traveler.

by Anonymousreply 123October 15, 2019 9:19 PM

[quote]Will they blame Baby Boomers for supporting Trump?

Oh, just STOP. I'm a baby boomer and I no more support Trump than any other reasonable person, or classification of person, does, you fucking moron.

by Anonymousreply 124October 15, 2019 9:22 PM

Typical generational bitch fight. Who benefits from that? Trump's alt-right.

"Hey, young gays! Eldergays are THE WORST, are they not? Let's stick it to those grumpy old gays and join Twinks For Trump!".

by Anonymousreply 125October 15, 2019 9:36 PM

Different gays want different things. Some want the heterornormative home with the white picket fence and others want to be independent and explore the nice, juicy cocks of this world.

Anyone who claims to feel like an outsider really fails at life where you are supposed to find like-minded people you can form bonds and relationships with. And it's fairly easy to find like-minded people online.

by Anonymousreply 126October 15, 2019 9:42 PM

I'm not sure we have gay cities as such here in the UK. Brighton perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 127October 24, 2019 11:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!