Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

British Royal Family Gossip Part 98

Alms for the poor...

by Anonymousreply 447October 20, 2019 1:35 PM

Thanx OP!

by Anonymousreply 1October 13, 2019 6:53 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 13, 2019 3:21 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 13, 2019 3:25 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 13, 2019 3:30 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 13, 2019 6:00 PM

Thank G*d for the paywall!

by Anonymousreply 6October 13, 2019 6:32 PM

Where to post? Is 97 closed? I wrote this on 98:

Where are the comments about the Cambridge tour to Pakistan? The political and security issues are mind-boggling.. I assume everything has been orchestrated down to the last detail and that they wouldn't go if they didn't feel safe doing so. Regardless, the Cambridges will have to tread carefully. Harry and Meghan's SA tour looks like a junket to Ibiza or Cabo in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 7October 14, 2019 2:24 AM

^Sorry, on 97

by Anonymousreply 8October 14, 2019 2:25 AM

I don't stay abreast of royal affairs. Why are their political and security issues with the Pakistani trip?

by Anonymousreply 9October 14, 2019 2:29 AM

Meghan’s dress in r5. Wow. Can she not find clothing that fits, ever?

R7, unfortunately I don’t have much to say about that topic. Maybe after it happens. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 10October 14, 2019 2:30 AM

Is discussion of the tour verboten for some reason, R10?

by Anonymousreply 11October 14, 2019 2:35 AM

Why are you on a British Royal Family thread if you don't stay abreast of royal affairs, R9?

by Anonymousreply 12October 14, 2019 2:37 AM

R11, not verboten at all. I just don’t have many opinions about it because it hasn’t happened. It sounds more demanding and tricky than the South African tour the Sussexes made. It’s already weightier because of William’s proximity to the throne.

by Anonymousreply 13October 14, 2019 2:40 AM

I'm broadening my horizons R12

by Anonymousreply 14October 14, 2019 2:43 AM

It seems weightier to me than any BRF tour in recent memory. I hope it goes well for them.

by Anonymousreply 15October 14, 2019 2:49 AM

I'm narrowing mine, R12. Blocked.

by Anonymousreply 16October 14, 2019 2:52 AM

'I don't stay abreast of royal affairs. Why are their political and security issues with the Pakistani trip?'

I just found the least intelligent person on Datalounge! Pakistan has been a hotbed of terrorists for decades. It has porous borders with Afghanistan and is teeming with Al Qaeda. It was where Bin Laden was finally tracked down and shot.

by Anonymousreply 17October 14, 2019 2:52 AM

^R14 and where is the edit button?

by Anonymousreply 18October 14, 2019 2:53 AM

The sex tape is of someone taller and bigger and much younger than her. The voice is all wrong too and the skin is too pale.

by Anonymousreply 19October 14, 2019 2:58 AM

Several radical Islamic groups in Pakistan are known to be Meghan fans and they blame Catherine for Meghan's troubles. There is great concern that they will try to disrupt the trip.

by Anonymousreply 20October 14, 2019 6:51 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 14, 2019 7:23 AM

[QUOTE] Several radical Islamic groups in Pakistan are known to be Meghan fans and they blame Catherine for Meghan's troubles. There is great concern that they will try to disrupt the trip.

This is a real concern. The tour starts today.

by Anonymousreply 22October 14, 2019 8:30 AM

Perhaps William should grow a longish beard to fit in better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23October 14, 2019 8:37 AM

R20, I can’t tell if you’re serious.

Why would radical Muslims be fans of Meghan? Except for being part black, I can’t imagine.

by Anonymousreply 24October 14, 2019 12:44 PM

I think r20 was being facetious, r24.

Wonder if we'll be able to get through the Pakistan tour without the Harkles causing some nonsense in an attempt to garner attention?

by Anonymousreply 25October 14, 2019 12:48 PM

R25, okay, thank you. You never know, around here.

It would be surprising if there weren’t a little Sussex stunt while the Cambridges are in Pakistan. They might have learned a thing or two from the latest debacle, though. And the press might ignore the Sussexes for a while. The new little family desires its privacy.

by Anonymousreply 26October 14, 2019 1:02 PM

R3 - as usual, all air, no proof, no documents, just click-bait and questiones dressed up as research.

And the terms of the Queen Mother's will were posted on the royal website. She left her entire estate to her daughter, the Queen. Stamp collection, jewellery, etc., aren't liquid assets. After Margaret's death, her children had to sell off a great deal of the property she left, including the Poltimore Tiara that was bought for Margaret upon her wedding, to meet death duties.

The two real issues in my view are 1)the continuance of the Duchies of Cornwall and Lancaster going to the Prince of Wales and the Sovereign as birth rights, untaxed, that are absurd in the modern era when those funds are used to enrich personally each one, even with a volunatry contribution to the Exchequer. Each one is now personally worth hundreds of millions, accrued through ridiculous tax deals (that much is true) throughout the 20th century, when every coal miner in Britain had to pay the share he was ordered to pay. And, 2) the extension of the Sovereign Grant to people beyond the two direct heirs and their families.

No one in the public arena even knows by name the "patronages" undertaken most of the time by the Wessexes, Gloucesters, Kents, and even Pss. Anne. The Sussexes are just the beneficiaries of an outdated system which they themselves cannot even seem to honour properly. All those patronages should be abolished and limited to a few high profile ones shared out amongst the Heir (Charles and his wife) and his heirs, i.e., the Cambridges. If they insist on making work for the younger son, then limit it to a few national patraonges, and limit his share of the SG accordingly, and have his father and grandmother pay for his perks - like renovations to his home and clothes and jewellery for his grifter of a wife.

The biggest mistake made outside of letting the Celebrity Trojan Horse in, and the Sussex's own mistakes over the last two years, was the Queen and Charles not paying for the renovations to Frogmore Cottage themselves. They should have seen that that kind of monies from public funds for the sixth in line and a 36 year old divorced American c-list actress wouldn't go down well. They got away with it at Kensington Palace for William and Kate because it is a historic building in the middle of London, and William is second in line.

But Harry and Meghan and Frogmore Cottage were another kettle of fish, and Charles and the Queen should have seen the handwriting on the wall and headed off the criticism of people far down the line living off the fat of the land in difficult times, especially when they could already see what an obstinate, unsuitable for royal life, bitch Meghan was, and paid for it themselves or bought them a home. They could each well spare two million quid each.

by Anonymousreply 27October 14, 2019 1:04 PM

This is one of the groups set to protest Catherine's visit. They have covered their faces because they fear retaliation-- not so much from their fellow countrymen, but online, from the fraus at Celebitchy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 14, 2019 1:13 PM

Would love to the WHOLE truth about the Frogmore House debacle.

by Anonymousreply 29October 14, 2019 1:14 PM

[quote] as usual, all air, no proof, no documents, just click-bait and questiones dressed up as research.

Yes, what this thread needs is you to repost your long-winded, angry post about the Queen Mother's will! I feel so much more educated now!

by Anonymousreply 30October 14, 2019 1:15 PM

"Why the Queen wore her oldest tiara for today's State Opening of Parliament"

She usually wears THE Crown, but it's become to heavy for her.

But that looks more like a crown and less like a tiara to me. Does anyone know what the technical differences are?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31October 14, 2019 1:18 PM

R29, me too. There’s a story there. I remember that shortly after the wedding, Town and Country ran a few articles about the homes that the Queen had given the couple, as a wedding present. The story kept changing; York Cottage, Adelaide Cottage and some Lodge place. Then it was Frogmore. I don’t think Betty Windsor is quite so fickle as to change her mind that often, but perhaps she is...

I get skewered for saying this, but I think it’s true: If Meghan hasn’t downright refused to live at Frogmore, then she’s making every effort to avoid staying there for any length of time. I can guarantee she’s making excuses and scheduling renovations and late appointments in town, etc. Anything to avoid capitulation. She’s tungsten, remember.

by Anonymousreply 32October 14, 2019 1:33 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33October 14, 2019 2:12 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34October 14, 2019 2:17 PM

Love Kate's outfit!

by Anonymousreply 35October 14, 2019 4:42 PM

I love the pageantry and all when the Cambridges arrive for a tour. Red carpets, flowers, the whole shebang. Plus, everyone looks happy to have them there.

In contrast, with the Harkles it's "your Uber is waiting in front of Gate B".

by Anonymousreply 36October 14, 2019 4:51 PM

Look, Harry, you can do a tour without looking homeless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37October 14, 2019 5:00 PM

R16 why would anyone care if you block someone? Why the announcement? Their comments are still here for everyone else to read.

by Anonymousreply 38October 14, 2019 5:00 PM

R27 Agreed with most of your comment, however there is more that is hidden than apparent in terms of the complicated finances of the royal family and how they pass that wealth down between generations.

“In 1910... Queen Mary persuaded a judge to ban public access to the will and the countess was paid £10,000 – around £700,000 today – to return the jewels. A precedent was set and today, Royal wills are locked up in a metal safe behind an iron cage in Somerset House.

“The power to seal wills is certainly useful for those wishing to avoid awkward questions.

“In May 2002, I asked the then Prime Minister Tony Blair to publish the Queen Mother’s will after her death earlier that year. He refused, referring to ‘the longstanding convention’ that Royal wills are private.”

“Although the details of Margaret’s will remain inaccessible to this day, it was eventually estimated that the Queen’s sister had left an estate of some £7.6 million – having previously disposed of £12 million of assets to her family, including her house on the Caribbean island of Mustique, to minimise death duties. Where did the heavy-spending Princess get £20 million? The Royal Family is not inclined to tell us.”

by Anonymousreply 39October 14, 2019 5:18 PM

Just as the Cambridges begin their Pakistan visit, a trailer for a Sussex documentary of their trip to Africa is released. Oh what timing!

by Anonymousreply 40October 14, 2019 8:04 PM

The queen looked a bit frail today for the opening of Parliamemt....

by Anonymousreply 41October 14, 2019 8:12 PM

R31, a crown these days usually has got arches. And on top of the arches an orb and a cross. Of course these things are not necessary for a crown to be a 'true crown'.

Personally, I consider the 'tiara' worn by Her Majesty today to be a crown. A small one, but a crown nevertheless.

by Anonymousreply 42October 14, 2019 8:38 PM

Kate looks gorgeous in her First Photo Op outfit. Great colour on her and the earrings are perfect.

by Anonymousreply 43October 14, 2019 10:23 PM

R40 - I'd be surprised if it's widely watched in Britain - what with Parliament putting on such a spectacular show.

Kate's already blown Meghan out of they water with her first photos. Love the one taken from behind them, they look so royal and Kate's dress shows magnificently from the back.

Looking forward to the writhing, tossing, screeching of the CB fraus as they watch Kate dress impeccably, behave impeccably. and draw inevitable comparisons to the mess Meghan looked like and how she ruined the tour at the end with her Dona Quixote act tilting at Press Windmills.

by Anonymousreply 44October 14, 2019 10:38 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45October 14, 2019 10:40 PM

R28 Aren't those guys Megan "sugars"?

by Anonymousreply 46October 14, 2019 11:26 PM

“Documentary”?

It’s a public relations vanity project.

by Anonymousreply 47October 15, 2019 12:32 AM

K and W have deep tans which they definitely didn't get in London, where it has rained nearly every day for the last fortnight. Probably had a few days in Dubai beforehand.

by Anonymousreply 48October 15, 2019 8:57 AM

Odd that Harry gets to be duke of a whole county while Bald is only duke of a city.

by Anonymousreply 49October 15, 2019 9:01 AM

Won't end well for Their Wokenesses.

They are well and truly fucked in Britain.

Where to next?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50October 15, 2019 9:06 AM

R49, Duke of Cambridge sounds better than Duke of Cambridgeshire. Same as Duke of York sounds better than Duke of Yorkshire. Gramted, Duke of Sussex just sounds like Duke of Sucks, so who knows.

by Anonymousreply 51October 15, 2019 9:56 AM

I love that they gave the actress a poison chalice of a title that sounds exactly like "Suck=Sex". Humiliating for both.

The Queen is no fool.

by Anonymousreply 52October 15, 2019 10:46 AM

Yes, and the subsidiary title for Duke of Sussex is Earl of Dumbarton. Ain't no shade like Windsor shade.

by Anonymousreply 53October 15, 2019 11:09 AM

All these fantasies about them moving to France, Africa, Canada. Not happening.

by Anonymousreply 54October 15, 2019 11:18 AM

No. Not happening. Because the Harkles were too stupid to pick up the golden bough that was handed to them. Why? because your Megs identifies as white and anything African is beneath her.

Wait and see.

by Anonymousreply 55October 15, 2019 11:23 AM

Jeez, I LOVE how the CB's haters a seething.

Keep going Team Cambridge.

by Anonymousreply 56October 15, 2019 11:43 AM

The Cambridges are already killing the Pakistan tour and it's only the second day. Kate wearing gorgeous clothes in gorgeous colours all perfectly fitted and a mixture of British and Pakistani designers. The earrings Kate wore on her arrival are by a Pakistani designer and cost $10. She and William look simultaneousy relaxed, warm, and regal, and I notice that rather than pushing herself forward the way Meghan does, Kate makes sure William is slightly ahead of her.

The Sussexes, who managed to ruin even that second-tier little African tour, have only managed, as usual, to get themselves a flash of hysterical PR and then make the Cambridges look like the Golden Royals. There they are, out doing their jobs perfectly, no muss, no fuss, no grand pronouncements about how royal duties won't stop one of them from fulfilling her heart's desires. The Cambridges, instead, have mastered the art making it look like fulfilling their royal duties IS their hearts' desires, which is the alpha and omega of the whole royal show. It's a gift the Queen Mother had - making it looke like there's nowhere else on earth she'd rather be than a mundane visit to a garden show in a little town in Yorkshire.

I'm sure the Queen, Charles, the courtiers, the PR chiefs, are all looking at the Cambridges are performing on behalf of the government and the nation and the monarchy, and making mental notes about how immature, self-regarding, and just not up to the Real Thing the Sussexes look in comparison.

Especially the Queen.

It's unfortunate for the Sussexes that the Pakistan tour followed hard on the heels of their little debacle in Africa, so that memories of how they blew off coverage of the last stage of the door to pursue their press vendetta, and of Meghan's wrinkled, ill-fitting horrible clothes and ridiculous hair are fresh in the public's mind as the polished Cambridges do what they're supposed to do.

by Anonymousreply 57October 15, 2019 1:02 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58October 15, 2019 1:09 PM

[quote]Kate wearing gorgeous clothes in gorgeous colours

Except for this monstrosity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59October 15, 2019 1:17 PM

R59 - Green is the national colour of Pakistan, and if that's what you call a monstrosity, you need your eyes checked.

No Green Evah isn't a possibility on a formal tour with Pakistan given the colour's symoblism in the country - note the sea-green tea-length dress Kate wore to the Aly Khan Center in London prior to the tour, to honour her hosts at the event.

You meet with Imran Khan in Pakistan, you wear green. And Kate's hair and skin and eyes can well carry it.

by Anonymousreply 60October 15, 2019 1:22 PM

R60 As my late mum would say, your taste is in your mouth.

by Anonymousreply 61October 15, 2019 1:35 PM

R61 - And as my late Mum would have replied, "Needs must."

As I mentioned, and you forbore to respond to, not wearing green isn't a choice for Kate: wearing it as a necessity.

Your hatred of the colour, I'm sure, stems from some terrile childhood experience, but the fact remains, she can't not wear it, and given that she did have to wear it, the outfit is tailored well, styled to honour her hosts, and looks fine with her hair and skin.ou

Your taste is up your arse.

by Anonymousreply 62October 15, 2019 1:42 PM

The green is fine; it’s the stark white pants that are wrong.

by Anonymousreply 63October 15, 2019 1:48 PM

R62 got her psych degree from the same place as her taste. The local pub.

by Anonymousreply 64October 15, 2019 1:55 PM

Someone on another site commented that, since Catherine Walker died years ago, there's no designer at the company and Walker's husband simply makes clothes for Kate using the same exact patterns his wife used for Diana decades ago. I don't believe this, as the Catherine Walker clothing Kate's been wearing on tour doesn't look the same as Diana's. Also, Catherine Walker (the company) comes out with new additions periodically. Does anyone know if this was just a "sour grapes" comment or if there is truth to it?

I think it's hard to tell the actual shade of green she wore today because it varies so much depending on the lighting. Light pink slacks would have been nice with it.

by Anonymousreply 65October 15, 2019 1:59 PM

Kate wearing a blue kurta.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66October 15, 2019 2:13 PM

So Will and Kate have already met the Prime Minister and President of Pakistan.

by Anonymousreply 67October 15, 2019 2:15 PM

Arriving at the National Monument by rickshaw.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68October 15, 2019 2:19 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69October 15, 2019 2:20 PM

R66, Gorgeous color on that outfit. So much better than most current trendy colors for winter of khaki, army green, grey, tired old black, dull dark purple and overdone burgundy and the other colors MM was wearing in Africa.

by Anonymousreply 70October 15, 2019 2:20 PM

William looks good in the traditional garb.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71October 15, 2019 2:24 PM

Beautiful color.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72October 15, 2019 2:35 PM

I like the green outfit too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73October 15, 2019 2:37 PM

Swipe for Will and Kate photos. They both look fabulous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74October 15, 2019 2:42 PM

The world is a small place...Prime Minister Imran Khan was a friend of Diana when he was married to Jemima Khan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75October 15, 2019 2:45 PM

The embroidery on Kate's dress and the fabric of Will's outfit can be seen better in this photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76October 15, 2019 2:52 PM

Agree with r63 that it’s the white pants that ruin the green outfit. And maybe a different shade of green. And maybe a more luxe fabric. That looks like polyester...

by Anonymousreply 77October 15, 2019 2:53 PM

Meh, I take it back. The shade of green is fine. Kate can certainly wear that difficult color. I guess my quibble is with the pants and the fabric. As usual, her clothing fits perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 78October 15, 2019 2:54 PM

William looks fab. He has a very good body, Kate must be a very happy wife.

I love Kate's dress.

They're killing this Tour, the Harkels look like Hobos compared to them.

by Anonymousreply 79October 15, 2019 3:14 PM

Their dancing won the hearts of a nation!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80October 15, 2019 3:25 PM

Contrary or that bitch Kaiser's sour prediction that Kate wouldn't wear anything by Pakistani designers, the beautiful blue kurta was by a local designer.

And that beaded gown Kate is wearing to the National Monument is the fucking bomb. Eat your heart out, Meghan Markle, she makes you look like the dumpy frump you are.

by Anonymousreply 81October 15, 2019 3:30 PM

For those bitching about the white pants: the white pants are a very Pakistani style element. For several years now, outfits that were traditionally sold as 3 piece sets (kameez, shalwar and dupatta or shirt, pants and scarf) are being sold as separates as pret wear took a strong foothold in Pakistan. In previous generations, almost everything was custom made for women, who went shopping for fabrics not ready made clothes. But with this sartorial shift, women buy shirts and pair it with separately purchased white trousers. The Foreign Minister’s wife who received them at the airport is a good, walking example of the trend. Red shirt, white bottoms. Basically, Kate wore what a typical Pakistani woman would have worn.

by Anonymousreply 82October 15, 2019 5:39 PM

Thanks for the good info, r82.

by Anonymousreply 83October 15, 2019 6:04 PM

Meghan bitch trying to outshine Kate and William by re-wearing her green engagement frock.

But I can't help the impression that this dress is NOT the one she wore in that cringeworthy engagement interview. It looks different, but I can't put my finger on it.

by Anonymousreply 84October 15, 2019 6:55 PM

And what's the stupid coat all about if you don't wear it properly?

Did she hang the coat around her shoulders to make sure nobody will get to see her monstrously HUGE arse?

by Anonymousreply 85October 15, 2019 6:57 PM

Well for one thing it would need to be twice as big.

by Anonymousreply 86October 15, 2019 6:58 PM

[quote] The couple are also, for the first time, taking their own medic as part of their official entourage , a friend from William's days working as a pilot for East Anglian Air Ambulance.

Hmmmm ... due to very early stage of pregnancy?

by Anonymousreply 87October 15, 2019 7:11 PM

R87 No, dengue fever epidemic in Pakistan.

by Anonymousreply 88October 15, 2019 7:25 PM

R84 It’s the same dress. It looks different because she’s fat now, especially around the middle. That baby weight sure is stubborn. Shoulda spent $99,000 on a trainer than a Dior caftan.

by Anonymousreply 89October 15, 2019 7:27 PM

The Daily Mail is really playing at clicking. William and Kate are on an important diplomatic tour, and what's the headline? Meghan re-wears a green dress. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 90October 15, 2019 8:30 PM

MM’s dress was a little tight. But she got the hair right.

by Anonymousreply 91October 15, 2019 8:43 PM

“Look at me, I’m wearing green too!”

by Anonymousreply 92October 15, 2019 8:49 PM

William fills out his clothes.....um.....well.

by Anonymousreply 93October 15, 2019 9:06 PM

[quote]The couple are also, for the first time, taking their own medic as part of their official entourage , a friend from William's days working as a pilot for East Anglian Air Ambulance.

... well there were three of us in this marriage so it was a bit crowded ...

by Anonymousreply 94October 15, 2019 9:31 PM

r94, thereis no way Will is gay with that hair

by Anonymousreply 95October 15, 2019 9:33 PM

You just have to love how Meghan can't hide her envy, competitiveness, and resentment of Kate: Kate is on a tour of Pakistan whose national colour is green, and comes out in two green outfits, and there's Meghan . . . wearing a green dress the next day, her engagement day dress no less (for that extra bit of PR), her camel hair coat draped over her shoulders like a visiting Colonel, and, as you can see in the video, striding forward to greet the hosts, as always, five steps ahead of Harry.

She never fails to expose herself.

by Anonymousreply 96October 15, 2019 9:38 PM

Jesus, Meghan and Harry are like a touring vaudeville act. He broke down in tears talking about the moment he found out his wife was pregnant! She joins him onstage! Oh, the persona-lness of it all! The depth! The emoting! No other man has ever experienced that special moment so exquisitely, acutely, awarely, and wokely!

They are truly beginning to make me want to puke.

by Anonymousreply 97October 15, 2019 9:44 PM

R97-I keep trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I'm to the point where their mere appearance is like nails on a chalkboard. They are just two of the most annoying celebrities I've ever seen. I'm beginning to hate the BRF for foisting them on us.

by Anonymousreply 98October 15, 2019 9:46 PM

R98 - You should see the comments BTL in the DM - one said they're like a pair of low-grade TV hosts; another said "One needs treatment. I mean it." Others also suggested there is something wrong with Harry mentally; and yet someone else also noted as I did above in the video that she strode ahead of him as if she were the royal, and he were the royal spouse.

I can't believe the BRF are going to let this go on forever.

by Anonymousreply 99October 15, 2019 9:49 PM

R99-I've always loved following the BRF as I've been a British history buff since a child, but I may have to do what I do with Trump: total news blackout. I literally can't take them anymore. Great. No more US politics, which I used to follow avidly, and now my guilty pleasure is gone. Harry and Meghan really are fuckwits.

by Anonymousreply 100October 15, 2019 9:54 PM

SA documentary about Harry and Meghan to lay bare the “world of pressure and pain behind the brave faces”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101October 15, 2019 9:58 PM

Harry is either whining or crying. He seems to be cracking up.

by Anonymousreply 102October 15, 2019 10:10 PM

The Cambs are a breath of fresh air against the Harkles' drama. Seriously, Harry can't even give a speech promoting an organization without making it all about him and his harpy of a wife. How anyone can tolerate being in a room with these two for more than 10 minutes is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 103October 15, 2019 10:14 PM

R102 - "Harry is either whining or crying. He seems to be cracking up."

I really think you and many of the posters on the DM, like the one who said Harry needs treatment, are on to something quite real.

He does seem to be cracking up. The irrational rant on the IG account, the public weeping, the appalling dereliction of duty on the Africa tour . . .

I think Harry needs help and is experiencing a psychotic break of some kind. This was a public engagement. It's supposed to be about the charity, not him and his tears, which is now all the headlines are trumpeting. It ALWAYS ends up being about them and their personal psychodrama.

And the tag line in the Telegraph for their "documentary" about their tour is that it exposes all the pressure behind the scenes, and the difficulty of blending public and family life.

For fuck's sake, his brother and sister in law don't seem to be having any trouble at all performing their duties smoothly and raising a family!

Christ on a crutch, is anyone at Buck House or Clarence House paying attention here?!

by Anonymousreply 104October 15, 2019 10:25 PM

Meghan is wearing recyled clothes and proving she's almost back to her pre baby weight. The jobless, barren trolls here who said she would never regain her former figure must be crying.

by Anonymousreply 105October 15, 2019 10:29 PM

Charles needs to step in now. Cut the BRF down to the top 5 like Sweden and let Harry and Meghan go off to live their lives. It's time.

by Anonymousreply 106October 15, 2019 10:32 PM

For crying out loud, he made a choice to leave the army and live off the public purse..HIS DECISION. He married and she also had a choice but decided to live off the taxpayer. The pair of them can fuck right off. What whinging gits they are.

by Anonymousreply 107October 15, 2019 10:34 PM

r106, Yes, as they have no relevance to the nation they should not be paid for.

by Anonymousreply 108October 15, 2019 10:35 PM

Harry wasn’t such a whingher before his marriage. I would hazard a guess their pillow talk is about how hard done by they each were growing up.

by Anonymousreply 109October 15, 2019 10:40 PM

Harry had to leave the Army because he was too much of a dimwit to pass promotional exams.

Agreed, the BRF need to step in at this point and remove the Harkles from their duties. I don't think Harry is having a breakdown. At most, he's coke addled. Mainly, he's filled with rage and seems to be trying to embarrass his family for... his own PR, hoping to get a "go-away" settlement... At this point the BRF should just give them the money on the agreement that they have to leave the country.

by Anonymousreply 110October 15, 2019 10:41 PM

I will give Harry this, he has better acting chops than Meghan. But then, who doesn't?

by Anonymousreply 111October 15, 2019 10:47 PM

r111 yes, getting Gabby to support his mini breakdown was classic. i can't imagine the rolling ofeyes in the Well Child audience

by Anonymousreply 112October 15, 2019 11:09 PM

Silliest headline I've seen in a while: "Sarah Ferguson's surprising Irish heritage revealed and why it's not immediately obvious".

1. Irish ancestry isn't exactly unusual among Brits

2. She has red hair

3. The kicker: Ferguson is an Irish/Scottish surname

In what universe is her Irish heritage surprising? Someone's actually getting paid to write this stuff?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113October 15, 2019 11:16 PM

Why is Hillary Clinton now defending Archie's Mum ....is Hillary also a Sunshine Sachs client?

by Anonymousreply 114October 15, 2019 11:18 PM

r114, i think all those people are in bed with each other in one way or another. It isn't Markle it is SS and the ones that want to suck up to royalty..Amal is definitely after a damehood,so now she is in with Charlie she doesn't need mm.

by Anonymousreply 115October 15, 2019 11:23 PM

I am just imagining those Hollywood mates..Oprah and Ellen etc, writing Dame Oprah or Dame Ellen on a pencil case like at school hehe

by Anonymousreply 116October 15, 2019 11:27 PM

Thank god that will never happen, R116.

by Anonymousreply 117October 15, 2019 11:31 PM

Sir Ellen more likely if it ever came to it!

by Anonymousreply 118October 15, 2019 11:57 PM

That video of Harry is so strange. Laughing and snorting, then come the tears. He’s very unstable.

by Anonymousreply 119October 16, 2019 3:01 AM

Kate looks raddled as hell. You can tell she still smokes and all those bright greens really drain her complexion. Her sister Pippa will be getting Botox and fillers and will soon look so young compared to haggard Kate.

by Anonymousreply 120October 16, 2019 3:21 AM

It really gets better and better, from a gossip point of view.

by Anonymousreply 121October 16, 2019 3:22 AM

Harry has given LIFE to Skippy and Danja Zone by breaking down during that ceremony. It's because he's been saddled with Meg, y'all! He can't stop howling because he hates her sooo much. The Celebitchy Troll and the Welp Troll at R94 who thinks William is gay will no doubt run with this theory too.

by Anonymousreply 122October 16, 2019 3:28 AM

'I can't believe the BRF are going to let this go on forever.'

Really? This is NOTHING compared to the hatred Camilla got and still gets. The Brits don't reserve their worst venom for someone who makes Military Hero Harry happy, and has a cute Harry lookalike baby. There are far worse crimes than spending too much on your house and clothes, and Hoemilla committed those crimes. She will always be Most Hated.

by Anonymousreply 123October 16, 2019 3:31 AM

'Harry had to leave the Army because he was too much of a dimwit to pass promotional exams.'

Nope, he was already doing what he wanted to do, piloting the helicopters. He passed the exams for that or he wouldn't have been doing it. He got out of the army because it's a young man's game.

by Anonymousreply 124October 16, 2019 3:34 AM

ITV reporter Tom bradby......bye bye career

by Anonymousreply 125October 16, 2019 3:45 AM

William and Catherine doing a fabulous job fo UK and Pakistan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126October 16, 2019 3:49 AM

Will and Kate are on a serious and sensitive tour of Pakistan. Meanwhile, back in the UK, Harry and Meghan are crying and whining about how hard life is for them. Que the SA documentary about the intense pressure they face as rich, woke members of the BRF who crave publicity (but only the kind they like) and privacy for Archie unless Desmond Tutu or similar high profile person is available for good IG photo ops.

by Anonymousreply 127October 16, 2019 3:49 AM

r127, big sad for H. Actually the news crews usually jog all their footage together for a one off. This is nothing..it is just all the film they took cobbled together because news only will take 2 minutes. Upthread someone mentioned documentary making, this is not it. Unless saddo and his missus have given special interviews, it will just be the run of the mill stuff.

by Anonymousreply 128October 16, 2019 3:58 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129October 16, 2019 3:59 AM

r129, just wow. and also , how does being an annoying radio presenter help in this situation? hahaha

by Anonymousreply 130October 16, 2019 4:02 AM

I hope the "documentary" involves lots of whinging from the pair about how hard their lives are. I feel like a schadenfreude afternoon followed by a massive bitch-fest.

by Anonymousreply 131October 16, 2019 4:03 AM

Nobody watches ITV though do they? Anyone that sees it will be creased up laughing. At least Diana got Panorama fgs.

by Anonymousreply 132October 16, 2019 4:10 AM

Kirsty Young is quite famous in the UK, and will come with a relatively hefty price tag. Wonder how much money will go to actual charitable causes once Sunshine Sachs's fee is paid, and Young is paid, and Harry and Meghan are paid....

by Anonymousreply 133October 16, 2019 4:11 AM

r132, ITV is known for favourable coverage of the Royals, especially in terms of specials and documentaries.

by Anonymousreply 134October 16, 2019 4:15 AM

R123,

[quote] Military Hero Harry [...] cute Harry lookalike baby

Hahahahahahaha

Thanks for the laugh early in the morning! Greetings from Europe!

by Anonymousreply 135October 16, 2019 4:26 AM

At an event full of parents of ill or disabled children, his emotional display was tone deaf, to say the least.

by Anonymousreply 136October 16, 2019 4:32 AM

Exactly. He's talking to children whose lives and futures are permanently blighted by serious health problems, and to he talking to their parents, who've likely given up their own lives and futures to care for their seriously ill children.

These people know real hardship, and know real tears. They don't need to hear a rich, healthy Prince of the United Kingdom weeping about himself and his rich, healthy wife and baby.

by Anonymousreply 137October 16, 2019 4:38 AM

r136 and r137, Shocking!! No Really it it was massively self indulgent but hey! that's our cute Prince R134, ITV might suck up but it doesn't mean anyone watches.

by Anonymousreply 138October 16, 2019 5:08 AM

Harry seriously needs help, it's not normal to be so emotionally raw.

But he cut himself from his family, his last and only friend is Nacho the Polo famewhore and his support group is celebrities using him and Meg to gain browny points. I won't even speak about Meghan who must think it's great he's such a dependant mess.

It's not a nice show.

by Anonymousreply 139October 16, 2019 5:44 AM

He seems to have involved himself in some kind of SoHo House-centred weirdness. The whole Harkle thing is getting more bizarre by the day.

by Anonymousreply 140October 16, 2019 6:06 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141October 16, 2019 7:33 AM

Lol. Kate’s copying Meghan again with that over the shoulders coat (thank God, because the rest of her outfit is ugly as hell).

by Anonymousreply 142October 16, 2019 9:59 AM

R142 You're trying too hard, give it a rest.

by Anonymousreply 143October 16, 2019 10:04 AM

r142. I promise you, there are better, more satisfying jobs than making an ass out yourself daily for SS.

by Anonymousreply 144October 16, 2019 10:13 AM

In the first video in R141's link, after they enter, Megs charges ahead to shake the hand of the woman wearing black, who curtsies to her. Yet this woman doesn't bother to curtsy when shaking Ginger's hand. Guess she realizes who the real "royal" is.

by Anonymousreply 145October 16, 2019 10:18 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146October 16, 2019 10:37 AM

After all this time she still alienates the British Public by racing ahead of Harry to greet. It's rule number one of protocol for spouses, and it's such a small, easy change for her to make, but she just won't make it. She's done.

by Anonymousreply 147October 16, 2019 10:54 AM

I suppose the truth hurts, R143&R144. Or do you seriously consider that awful brown skirt with those tragic boots and vest and shirt a fashion success?

by Anonymousreply 148October 16, 2019 11:14 AM

R148 You're just dumb.

You can not like her outfit but saying she's imitating Meghan with the coat was just stupid.

Now go back to Celebitchy, they're missing you.

by Anonymousreply 149October 16, 2019 11:18 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150October 16, 2019 11:46 AM

Meanwhile, as Harry and Mehghan put on public displays of their sensitivity, Wokeness, hard lives, and challenges, Kate managed to look great in traditional village wear - and in a long suede skirt and plain black shirt. Can you imagine how Meghan would have looked in that outfit. Kate managed to look utterly pretty in it.

Harry and Meghan are hopless, just hopeless. I do hope I live to see the BRF shove them gently off the royal plank before I'm raptured.

I was always given to understand that the royals have an unspoken agreement not to undermine other royals abroad on tour. I guess Harry and Meghan didn't get the memo. Of course, if a Cambridge "documentary" came out about their tour just as the Sussexes were about to set of theirs, Kaiser and the CB fraus would be shrieking that the Cambridges were throwing the Sussexes under a bus.

But I doubt they'll see this documentary that way, will they?

by Anonymousreply 151October 16, 2019 11:48 AM

Harry and Meghan got the memo, passed it over to Sunshine Sachs, who then along with the two of them fucked everything up by pretending that Meghan is in a Real Housewives battle with Kate. This is destroying all the mystique.

Tacky Meghan will be the end of the British Royal Family.

You heard it here first.

by Anonymousreply 152October 16, 2019 11:53 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153October 16, 2019 12:02 PM

In fairness, no one could work that feather thing.

Though Megantoinette would probably have enjoyed working the roasted leg joint of the bird that provided it.

by Anonymousreply 154October 16, 2019 12:12 PM

LOL, at the Telegraph, the headline says Megantoinette is stealing fashion ideas from Kate.

Successful ideas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155October 16, 2019 12:16 PM

Just look at her wide-stance and general sloppiness. She should show more respect for the charity.

by Anonymousreply 156October 16, 2019 12:20 PM

They are acting absolutely nutters, r152, but I am hoping this is their extinction burst. Doubt there will be anymore tours for them (who would have them now?). No more patronages. They will be even more visibly sidelined at family events. With the exception of the odious Ellen and Elton, her celeb friends seem to be falling away (as they've learned she hinders, not helps, their reputations). None of Harry's old friends nor anyone in that circle want anything to do with her (not even that Nonoo chick as they both have probably fulfilled whatever reciprocal, transactional relationship they had). Harry is making no friends by playing the victim when real people are suffering form Brexit and austerity measures.

It's back to Soho House and Mulroney no matter how much money they throw at Sunshine Sachs to fix their reputation.

by Anonymousreply 157October 16, 2019 12:28 PM

R122 - Harry does not hate Meghan. If fact the truth is quite the opposite.

by Anonymousreply 158October 16, 2019 12:28 PM

%158 - ^"If" should be "In"

by Anonymousreply 159October 16, 2019 12:30 PM

R94 I'm thinking they took a doctor with them because Kate is preggers. She always gets sick early on and maybe he is keeping an eye her helping her nausea. I really hope she is and even better if it's twins which are more common in women her age.

by Anonymousreply 160October 16, 2019 12:32 PM

R82, thank you for your explanation. Despite living in a major world city, I did not know all of that. Cheers.

by Anonymousreply 161October 16, 2019 12:34 PM

You and the women's magazines live in hope, R160. She gets far too sick in early pregnancy to be going off on a diplomatic tour. Not to mention that nothing about her suggests she is either sick or pregnant. Let her be more than a uterus for a while, OK?

The doctor is probably there in case they get diarrhoea, which is common in the Subcontinent for travellers.

by Anonymousreply 162October 16, 2019 12:53 PM

R151 - Harry, Meghan, Camilla and QEII show up as they are scheduled to show up. The British Tabloid press makes the decision which stories to run on what Royal and with what pictures.

Harry, Meghan, Camilla and QEII have very limited control of the news cycle except the choice to just stay home and do nothing resulting in no British Tabloid Press coverage for a given day.

by Anonymousreply 163October 16, 2019 1:02 PM

I think the doctor also signals that slowly, quietly the transition is happening in the BRF. The Queen is looking frail and doesn't seem as robust.

by Anonymousreply 164October 16, 2019 1:04 PM

They can absolutely control the news cycle by minding their behavior, r163. Harry and Meghan's event would have been standard fare but for the belly clutching and emotional break downs. They know exactly what they are doing.

by Anonymousreply 165October 16, 2019 1:18 PM

Pakistna is a dangerous place, it's wise to get your doctor with you.

Meghan, Sweetheart, repeat is great but repeat that fits is even better.

by Anonymousreply 166October 16, 2019 1:19 PM

R165-Harry's breakdown was nauseating. Once again making it all about them. I don't know how people tolerate these fuckers.

by Anonymousreply 167October 16, 2019 1:27 PM

I could not get the vid to play. Is she seriously belly clutching again or are you all having a laugh?

by Anonymousreply 168October 16, 2019 1:27 PM

So much for that stiff upper lip, huh? So blubbering all over the place is supposed to make him “relatable”?

by Anonymousreply 169October 16, 2019 1:36 PM

R168-unfortunately, we are not having a laugh. She's belly clutching again. Some are theorizing the trip to NY for Serena's match was a cover for IVF. Plausible.

by Anonymousreply 170October 16, 2019 1:38 PM

R168, she is particularly belly clutching when they first arrive. She did not do it as much during the event itself.

by Anonymousreply 171October 16, 2019 1:41 PM

She's lost all but the last 10 lbs of the baby weight. Her jawline is sharp again with no flab. Stomach much smaller, too.

by Anonymousreply 172October 16, 2019 2:22 PM

Funny how she kept that bag front and center. More photos of that tatty little thing than the Prince.

Always be merching!

by Anonymousreply 173October 16, 2019 2:35 PM

Her face still looks puffy and wide. But her hair looked great at the event.

by Anonymousreply 174October 16, 2019 2:36 PM

They look relaxed and happy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175October 16, 2019 2:44 PM

Our laugh for today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176October 16, 2019 2:46 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177October 16, 2019 2:48 PM

I love Kate's casual look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178October 16, 2019 2:51 PM

The Cambridges really like their new hats! LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179October 16, 2019 2:53 PM

Deja vu.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180October 16, 2019 2:54 PM

MeMe Duchess Woke watching Hapless Harry making a fool out of himself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181October 16, 2019 2:55 PM

Same dress, different face and hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182October 16, 2019 2:58 PM

Enjoying their new Pakistani duds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183October 16, 2019 3:00 PM

Oh my lord with the renewed belly clutching. What is that about? Irish twins?

by Anonymousreply 184October 16, 2019 3:00 PM

"Bloody hell, is that Harry blubbering again in public?".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185October 16, 2019 3:01 PM

R182, I love the way the belt rides up over her belly. Hahaha. Same dress.

by Anonymousreply 186October 16, 2019 3:02 PM

R172 - I think you may need glasses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187October 16, 2019 3:09 PM

R187, I laughed but it isn’t even funny. That is just delusional.

She probably didn’t know there was a camera capturing that.

by Anonymousreply 188October 16, 2019 3:30 PM

If Meghan could just accept her new (temporary?) size, and wear clothing that fits, with appropriate foundation garments, she’d actually look slimmer. A good stylist could make ALL the difference.

Especially since her arms and legs are slim! She’s got half the battle won.

by Anonymousreply 189October 16, 2019 3:33 PM

Kate has done “rugged” well in the past, but I am not a fan of that look.

by Anonymousreply 190October 16, 2019 3:44 PM

R190, I don’t like anything she’s worn on this trip. She has worn everything impeccably, and I love the colors, but I think the suede skirt outfit is very strange and ugly. Can’t put my finger on why.

by Anonymousreply 191October 16, 2019 3:48 PM

A comment on another site stated that William and Kate wore those colors today in order to be less conspicuous and, thereby, less of a target. For example, when visiting the glacier they blended n perfectly with the mountainside and other surroundings. I don't know how true that is as a long-range sniper scope would still be able to find them easily...

by Anonymousreply 192October 16, 2019 3:55 PM

R177 That looks more like a defensive posture than a belly grab. She seems self-conscious about her belly and is covering it up with her forearm, not cupping it with her hand as she did when pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 193October 16, 2019 4:08 PM

I don't buy for a minute that Harry is verklempt all of a sudden. Perhaps he is starting to get competitive with Meghan regarding their PR? The SA visit was supposed to be his time to shine while she took a background role. It turned into the Meghan show. He has been competitive with his brother, how long before he became so with his wife?

Since they've returned, the PR is very Harry centered. The release of the documentary footage is Harry holding Archie. This latest event is all about Harry getting so emotional about his wife and child. Aww, isn't he such a good father and dad? Blech. Today, the PR push is about how Harry boosting Meghan's confidence about her post-baby appearance.

by Anonymousreply 194October 16, 2019 4:18 PM

R194, good point. I think you’re right.

I hope they know that Meghan won’t tolerate that for very long.

by Anonymousreply 195October 16, 2019 6:03 PM

R194, the word in German is verklemmt, not verklempt

R187, holy shit, why did she think it to be a good idea to wear this dress?

Those midriff bulges are true Speckrollen ('rolls of flab'). Love handles they're not.

by Anonymousreply 196October 16, 2019 7:09 PM

Verklempt is the Americanized version of the Yiddish farklemt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197October 16, 2019 7:28 PM

The Queen attends audiences today. HM keeps on kicking - maybe not very high anymore but she's like the Energizer bunny - she just keeps going and going...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198October 16, 2019 7:34 PM

The whole village must have turned out for Will and Kate. Swipe for photos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199October 16, 2019 7:36 PM

Photos of Will and Kate in northern Pakistan. Great scenery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200October 16, 2019 7:38 PM

MeMe may have skinny legs and ankles but what the hell is wrong with her knees?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201October 16, 2019 7:41 PM

The story of the man for whom Prince William is named. One of the more handsome royal men.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202October 16, 2019 7:49 PM

Bean and Mean will never learn it’s not all about them.

by Anonymousreply 203October 16, 2019 9:29 PM

R201, it was a while back (a few threads ago, at least), and I noticed something weird with her knees and thighs. I think they’re just fat and lumpy now. Her calves are remarkably (remarkably!!) skinny.

Genes are a weird thing.

by Anonymousreply 204October 16, 2019 9:31 PM

R192 I seiously doubt that. They always wear drab colors when doing hikes or nature walks on tours. The plain clothes offset the colorful Chitrali accessories well and it put the attention on the people and environment, rather than their wardrobe.

by Anonymousreply 205October 16, 2019 11:22 PM

[quote]Since they've returned, the PR is very Harry centered.

I bet their polling shows she is moe unpopular, so they're focusing on him. Everything - even the sob - is calculated by their largely foreign team in a bid to restore their standing.

by Anonymousreply 206October 17, 2019 12:00 AM

Good heavens, the SS and M Kool-Aid Drinkers have been busy today.....

Having recently retired from almost 30 years in healthcare where 99.9% of my peers were women, this middle-aged, "fluffy," visiting FEMALE poster feels she is uniquely qualified to award M Top Bitch and First Place in Conniving Cunt.

All this hubris and "poor, poor pitiful me" while the Cambridges are on a very serious diplomatic mission not without very real threats to their physical safety, to this poster, goes beyond narcissism and is actually on the slippery slope of treason.

Just "woke" enough personally to not be afraid of dating myself. "Poor, Poor Pitiful Me" done right by Linda Ronsadt live. Apologies in advance for ad.

xoxo

PS I could have dressed myself better and more appropriately for the SA tour from my local Wal-Mart and Target.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207October 17, 2019 12:28 AM

William's head is such a weird shape. Men with round skulls and broad foreheads look great with a fully shaved head, but his chin is bigger than his forehead. His head is kind of smaller on top that it should be and he has big beige teeth like a mule. Just no.

by Anonymousreply 208October 17, 2019 1:21 AM

' For example, when visiting the glacier they blended n perfectly with the mountainside and other surroundings'

Sure they did, when Qaeda have thermal imaging detection. Fortunately, the tour is short.

by Anonymousreply 209October 17, 2019 1:23 AM

From just a safety perspective they must be counting down the minutes until they can get the hell out of that shithole.

by Anonymousreply 210October 17, 2019 2:33 AM

It was bizarre though, R206 - the snort, laugh and fake sob. Who does that?

by Anonymousreply 211October 17, 2019 2:41 AM

If he was laughing at that sort of event, then that is even worse. Those kids are seriously ill.

by Anonymousreply 212October 17, 2019 2:49 AM

Watch the video, R212. It was weird. Curious what you make of it.

He did not seem focused on the children or families there AT ALL. It was one of the most self absorbed things I have ever seen any public figure do at an event.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213October 17, 2019 3:00 AM

R213, agreed. That is very odd. I keep watching it. I think he’s looking at Meghan when he cracks, and he’s off the script. Then he gets back to reading from his script, with the “heart strings” and “all of you”, blah blah blah.

by Anonymousreply 214October 17, 2019 3:35 AM

So odd. r213. He's beginning to show cracks.

by Anonymousreply 215October 17, 2019 4:00 AM

Very astute comment on the DM:

Rose Quartz, South Oxfordshire, United Kingdom, 7 hours ago

He was never a hero. he was always a plonker. Taking dope... unsuitable fancy dress costumes... naked billiards. He was always just a self-indulgent twerp. He seems to have all of his mother's very worst characteristics, and is guilty of repeating her worst misjudgements - married in haste to someone he had barely had time to get to know,. Rows with siblings and other family members. Empty friendships with celebrities who are users for status. An overwhelming sense of victimhood and self-pity instead of appreciating all the good fortune of their own life. And a toxic relationship with the media that involves using it for personal advantage, and then crying "poor me" when it goes belly up. He's his mother's son, alright.

by Anonymousreply 216October 17, 2019 7:47 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217October 17, 2019 11:37 AM

No comparison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218October 17, 2019 11:38 AM

The whole point of the scarf is to cover the hair. Not only does it look slovenly, but her pathalogical need to look SEX-AY is extremely disrespectful and reduces the scarf to a fashion accessory.

The green dress at WellChild was still 1-2 sizes too small. Does she have body dysmorphia? Why is nothing ever the right size? Button properly? Hemmed? She was trying to cover up her stomach but her back had visible rolls. Why not just size up and look nice? Surely it woud be far more comfortable and there would be no need to worry about seams giiving way as happened with the dress at the Lion King.

Why did Harry equate not yet sharing the news of his wife being pregnant with the burden and strain of having an ill child who may die at a very young age? She must have written those MeMeMe remarks too, there was no empathy or consideration of the audience whatsoever. Strange people.

Kate does indeed look lovely, the color is beautiful on her. Willaim chose well and seems to have a functional loving family and extended family.

by Anonymousreply 219October 17, 2019 11:58 AM

What a fantastic color on Kate, and William's suit is impeccable. The Cambridges are a stunning example of what you can achieve when you actually LISTEN to all of the highly paid professionals whose sole job is to make you look good.

by Anonymousreply 220October 17, 2019 2:22 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221October 17, 2019 3:42 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222October 17, 2019 3:45 PM

The royal flight in Pakistan had some trouble.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223October 17, 2019 3:58 PM

And there Meghan had her hopes up!

by Anonymousreply 224October 17, 2019 3:59 PM

Swipe for photos of Kate and Will. I think Kate's outfits on this trip are hitting it out of the ballpark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225October 17, 2019 4:00 PM

That Harry, what a progressive prince. Women are to be "bagged." If only the footballer had uttered 'That's a bit rich coming from a short balding ginger guy'," like he thought in retrospect. Ouch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226October 17, 2019 4:03 PM

R219, you are exactly right about the purpose of the head scarf. Personally, I find the idea ridiculous (women’s hair is a temptation to men to sin), but if you’re going along with the custom, observe it properly. Meghan flouted it.

by Anonymousreply 227October 17, 2019 4:12 PM

The cancer patient and Kate are wearing matching toy tiaras. The Cambridges visited the same cancer hospital as Diana did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228October 17, 2019 4:29 PM

The whole thing is more than ridiculous, R227. I’ve seen someone praised Kate for not shaking hands with any of the men in the mosque because they have supposedly had performed their ablutions already and if they touch a woman’s hand they are apparently considered “unclean.” It’s just preposterous. How can any modern woman willingly go along with that - but wait, this is BRF and they see women only as broodmares.

by Anonymousreply 229October 17, 2019 5:41 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230October 17, 2019 6:23 PM

Kate is doing it right.

Meghan is doing it ... well, she's doing it her way.

by Anonymousreply 231October 17, 2019 6:24 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232October 17, 2019 6:26 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233October 17, 2019 6:27 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234October 17, 2019 6:28 PM

Shouldn’t the Duke and Duchess of Sussex be visiting the vineyards of Sussex? Have they visited their subjects in Dumbarton yet?

And I didn’t know England HS vineyards. Do grapes grow in the climate? Are the wines any good?

by Anonymousreply 235October 17, 2019 7:34 PM

R230 - man, the comments on this DM story are brutal. He's not getting much sympathy.

by Anonymousreply 236October 17, 2019 8:23 PM

R236, why should he? He’s a royal blubbering about having a healthy baby.

by Anonymousreply 237October 17, 2019 8:33 PM

R231 - yes, and if it was a competition, Kate would win hands down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238October 17, 2019 8:35 PM

R237 - The reason why I think he and Meghan were interviewed for the upcoming ITV documentary on their African trip is to gain some sympathy and try to get some positive press. I don't think it's going to work.

Yet again, when they have the opportunity to focus on the real issues of their visit (Africa, its people and the events they attended, the charities etc...), the documentary seems to be ALL ABOUT THEM.

by Anonymousreply 239October 17, 2019 8:42 PM

That interview with Harry is beyond the pale. I have a friend whose father murdered his mother when he was 10. He had to testify after his father threatened to kill him if he did so. He then went into the foster care system. You know what he did? He graduated from high school, went to college and earned a degree in journalism and is now a host on a local news station. He has one of the most positive outlooks I've ever seen. He never plays victim, ever. Instead it's all about how his experiences led him to be a stronger person. I just can't with Fuckwit Harry. I can't.

by Anonymousreply 240October 17, 2019 8:54 PM

R231 One commenter urges, "Give Meghan credit she dressed the best she could both princess look nice"

by Anonymousreply 241October 17, 2019 8:57 PM

I think Harry has played the victim card one too many times. Reading the scathing comments on DM, you can see how this is colossally backfiring. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 242October 17, 2019 9:07 PM

Now is the time for the Royal Family to announce that the Sussex pair are bowing out as working royals and relinquishing the privileges that being a working royal entails.

Given the $5 million that MM supposedly has, together with Harry's money from his mother, the pair and their baby can live very comfortably on their own.

Also, given their expressed desire for privacy, the RF has granted their wish and no one from the Sussex family will be appearing representing the RF in the future.

by Anonymousreply 243October 17, 2019 9:13 PM

Good God, Charles has to step in and stop his son. Harry is coming across now as unhinged, and not just on DL. Fuck, he IS unhinged.

He isn't being paid by the UK taxpayer to work out his Mummy issues onstage. He's campaigning now on the public dime for his wife's lawsuit. The public isn't buying if the comments btl are to be believed.

Where the fuck is Charles, anyway? Has he any idea what's going on with his son and daughter-in-law as the make complete fools of themselves and the BRF in public?!

It's like watching one of those horror movies where you know the psychiatrist is actually the murderer and you want to yell at the screen: "It's HIM!' Its HIM! Don'r listen to him!"

by Anonymousreply 244October 17, 2019 9:16 PM

At a certain point, you have to deal with your grief. It’s awful but staying in it 24/7 isn’t healthy

by Anonymousreply 245October 17, 2019 9:16 PM

R217 - Kate's not only prettier and smarter at the royal game than Meghan, she's a better actress.

And the reason Meghan left her hair hanging out of the scarf is that without it she looks more African. She lets it hang out so her hosts know she has long straight hair. Meghan is obsessed with her hair and its symbolism the way Harry is obsessed with his mother.

Hope Archie's hair doesn't grow in nappy - his mother will take him out into the forest and leave him for the lady who lives in the gingerbread house.

by Anonymousreply 246October 17, 2019 9:18 PM

Poor William. This is what he has to come back to. Harry has reached a new low. Every time he hears a camera click he has a PTSD flashback - really? He certainly didn't seem to have any problems with those cameras when they broadcast his entirely unnecessary wedding. He didn't mind when he elbowed his way into the ceremony celebrating Charles' investiture as POW. He lapped up the cameras when he announced Archie's birth. There are infinite examples of his not just using the cameras but basking in the images that they captured. Now we're to believe that each one of those was a mini torture. He's just doing this for his little reality show docudrama and the special with Oprah. It's transparent as hell and frankly offensive and insulting. He and his wife can fuck right off to obscurity.

by Anonymousreply 247October 17, 2019 9:25 PM

[quote]I think being part of this family, in this role, in this job, every single time I see a camera, every single time I hear a click, every single time I see a flash it takes me straight back, so in that respect it's the worst reminder of her life as opposed to the best.

MARY!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248October 17, 2019 9:26 PM

Fun little factoid I just ran across, Diana was previously the Duchess of Cornwall. I mean of course she was, but still odd to think about.

by Anonymousreply 249October 17, 2019 9:29 PM

Now why, oh why, would Meghan keep a copy of her letter?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250October 17, 2019 9:42 PM

R227 Um, no. It has nothing to do with thinking women are unclean. Stop spreading bigoted lies. It doesn’t invalidate ablutions. Conservative Muslims (and Jews, for that matter) don’t shake hands with members of the opposite sex because they don’t want physical contact that could possibly lead to temptation or an overstepping of bounds. There’s no concept of “dirty women” in Islam, only for both sexes to maintain a respectful distance. If you noticed, only one imam might not have shaken Kate’s hand but every man on the trip has shaken her hand and every woman has shaken William’s. I know it’s chafing your ass that Pakistan is not the shitole terrorist lair you thought it was.

by Anonymousreply 251October 17, 2019 9:55 PM

That was meant for R229.

by Anonymousreply 252October 17, 2019 9:56 PM

R250 - The real nugget of information in that Guardian piece isn't the fact that she kept a copy of the letter, but that she never denied authorising the PEOPLE Magazine "Five Anonymous Friends In Defence Of Our Beloved Meghan" article - in which the letter was discussed.

I'm not a solicitor, but it seems to me that having tacitly admitted to authorising the PEOPLE article, it will be inferred she also informed those friends of the existence of the letter, shared its contents with them, and authorised them to speak about it in terms directed by her. Otherwise, how would they have known it existed, let alone how its writer expressed her feelings?

To me, it seems as if Meghan in authorising that cringe-inducing article, undermined the strength of both her copyright and her invasion of privacy case.

I think, and thought from the beginning, that even if the court finds for Meghan, the arguments put forth by the MoS, that she didn't mind airing the letter's existence or its contents in a manner favourable to her, and only objected when she was no longer in control of its discussion, will stick in the public's mind. It's also a marked point in the MoS's favour that they did not pay her father for the letter.

Increasingly, the Sussexes seem to stand for self-absorbed hypocrisy.

Meghan may win the legal battle, but she and Harry are already losing the war in the court of public opinion. No one will care by then. But the image of a press manipulator who wants to have her cake and eat it, too, is what is really going to prevail.

by Anonymousreply 253October 17, 2019 10:11 PM

R230 Good Lord. He’s this traumatized by cameras, and yet he marries a camera-hungry actress and together they embark on a highly public role. Why not just get with a nice country girl and live the simple life then?

by Anonymousreply 254October 17, 2019 10:25 PM

Has the thread gone paywall yet?

by Anonymousreply 255October 17, 2019 10:30 PM

R251, why do women have to cover their hair and arms and legs?

by Anonymousreply 256October 17, 2019 10:35 PM

R250: “Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, kept a copy of a highly personal handwritten letter she sent to her father Thomas Markle, suggesting she may have correctly feared it would later be leaked to the media.”

“Correctly feared”? Nonsense. She was hopeful.

by Anonymousreply 257October 17, 2019 10:36 PM

Wow, R238 really says it all.

by Anonymousreply 258October 17, 2019 10:38 PM

Harry is doing just what Diana did the last few years of her life: pushing and pushing and pushing the BRF so that they'll let him get out and go his own way, preferably with a hefty settlement and the ability to create the public role he desires, not the one he was expected to inhabit in exchange for all those royal perks. Well, Di got exit and the settlement, but the public role thing didn't quite work out as she expected. Maybe she and the BRF would have reached detente if she'd lived, but probably not. I doubt Harry's plans will work out the way he's expecting, either.

by Anonymousreply 259October 17, 2019 11:04 PM

R259, I can see that happening. He’s got a real chip on his shoulder, and I think Meghan encourages it. Another kind of woman would have helped him make peace with it.

It really is true that you should choose a spouse very carefully.

by Anonymousreply 260October 17, 2019 11:07 PM

I bet the BRF never thought the day would come when its high-ranking, working member would equate successfully shooting a load Into his wife's cunt with the seriousness of caring for seriously-ill children. But yet here we are, and what is HMQ going to do about it? Nothing. I think at this point it would take a public revolt against the Sussexes in order for her of Charles to do something. Maybe public turning against HMQ by extension the way that the public's overreaction to Diana's death made an impression for her to placate the nation.

by Anonymousreply 261October 17, 2019 11:25 PM

r257, Indeed. Itwas the fact that he did not leak it which prompted the "friends" to speak out. She thinks we are all gullible .

by Anonymousreply 262October 17, 2019 11:26 PM

R243 - Now may be the time to your way of thinking, but it's clear that if any such plan is in the works, that time is not yet to the BRF's way of thinking. They let Diana and Fergie go on and on and on and on, keeping their heads buried deep in the sand. Based on past experience, I have my doubts that they have the stomach for this quite yet. It took the Morton book to get Diana the boot, and the infamous toe-sucking photos to get Fergie the boot. Harry being sixth in line, I'm wondering what it will take to get them the boot.

One would think the two fingers up to the Foreign Office and Harry's confessional breakdowns at public events might suggest to the BRF that it should act sooner rather than later, but hey, that's just me.

If any such plan is even now being blocked out, even if the Sussexes are already part of the negotiations, my guess is the BRF will wait till the Cambridges are back, and Remembrance Day, Charles' birthday, and the Christmas hols are past.

Harry really does seem to have thrown caution to the winds, though.

The frequency with which he resurrects Diana, like Banquo's ghost, at every gathering, makes me wonder if this is really years of pent-up rage that none of us were aware of. It may also indicate that he sees the endgame here and just doesn't give a damn any longer.

In which case, he shouldn't be on the public payroll.

by Anonymousreply 263October 17, 2019 11:47 PM

What often gets lost is that William suffered the same exact trauma as Harry. Some might argue worse as he was cast in the horrific position of being his mother's confidante. But he pulls zero of this "pity me" shit. He just gets on with his duty in a professional, dignified manner. I have never heard him complain publicly.

by Anonymousreply 264October 18, 2019 12:22 AM

HM needs to "Sweden" them sooner than later.

by Anonymousreply 265October 18, 2019 12:28 AM

It's definitely a time for the Swedening of the BRF.

by Anonymousreply 266October 18, 2019 12:29 AM

R256 If you ask a Muslim woman why she covers up (and mind you, not all do), the simple answer is “because God commands me too” or “to follow the example of Mary.” There is not a single sentence in the Quran about head covering, only one about covering your breasts and another that commands men and women to remain chaste. The level of head covering depends on the cultural norms you find yourself in but you have to cover up during prayers (men and women both). And if you notice, in the mosque, the imam was just as covered as the women and was wearing headgear too.

by Anonymousreply 267October 18, 2019 1:00 AM

Imagine how you'd feel having lost a parent at the same age as Harry and then having to listen to his whinging and moaning despite having never had to do a proper days work in his life or ever worry about being able to pay bills or having enough money to eat til the next paycheque. I'd be pissed, especially if I was paying for his lifestyle out of my taxes.

by Anonymousreply 268October 18, 2019 1:32 AM

If Harry's going to get PTSD over things that caused his mother's death, it logically should be at the sight of anyone not wearing a seat belt, or at the sight of anyone getting into a car with a drunk driver.

But that's not what Meghan "Protect me, Harry! I am just like your mother!" is whispering in his ear every night. Even though she is never papped except when she chooses to be, like at her half-million baby shower.

by Anonymousreply 269October 18, 2019 2:34 AM

Charles should be very, very worried. He invested much time, effort and money in rehabbing his image as well as that of Camilla. During the turbulence of Diana and Fergie, his ascending to the throne was just a very vague "someday." QEII is appearing more and more frail. Lack of visible action on his part to reign in H&M at this point must surely have some questioning his fitness and ability to act as an effective monarch or regent.

by Anonymousreply 270October 18, 2019 2:40 AM

I find it mind-boggling that Harry still doesn't seem to understand the ways in which his mother was, at least in part, disordered and the architect of her own demise. She parentified William, a far worse fate.

by Anonymousreply 271October 18, 2019 2:54 AM

R227, it may be that the purpose of the scarf for Western women in these situations is just to cover the head to be respectful of God, who is looking down (same as in Orthodox churches). Both Diana and Kate showed hair at the front, which Muslim women would not do - they have an elasticated piece of clothing that goes on under the flashy scarves to make sure no hair at all is seen; that you cannot tell their hair colour. Everyone in the world knows what the hair of western Royal princesses looks like, because they are constantly photographed in the west, so the ship has kinda sailed on covering it all.

I agree that the way Meghan wore it make it look more like a hastily thrown-on accessory than an item of respect, though. And made her hair look more untidy than usual - anyone with half a breath of style knows you don't mix up long flowing hair with a long flowing head covering.

by Anonymousreply 272October 18, 2019 2:55 AM

Was it handwritten, R250? Everyone keeps copies of the letters they write on computer.

by Anonymousreply 273October 18, 2019 2:57 AM

It was handwritten, so unless she scanned the exact letter she sent to her father (or photocopied it), then any version of the letter she produces to the court will likely be dismissed. After all, there is nothing to stop her from writing a different version of the letter after she sent the real version, a new version that say, paints her in a better light, and pretending the the court that this was the actual letter she sent.

by Anonymousreply 274October 18, 2019 3:03 AM

"In a lengthy personal statement on his and Meghan's official website, Harry referenced Princess Diana and said his 'deepest fear' was his 'wife falling victim to the same powerful forces' that his mother faced. "

Curiously, his wife's deepest fear is that the powerful forces his mother faced will say "Fuck off, you're annoying, unglamorous and nowhere near the succession" and walk away from her.

by Anonymousreply 275October 18, 2019 3:06 AM

This is odd. He never seemed this concerned when he was with Chelsy or Cressida. And they were papped a MILLION times more than Meghan ever was. In fact, I can only remember a handful of paps of Meghan.

This is her coaching him. It's plainly obvious.

by Anonymousreply 276October 18, 2019 3:09 AM

He seems to be unravelling, it tracks with his slovenly appearance and erratic demeanor. What was up with the snort/laugh/sob performance? Was he coached to cry and embrassed so akwardly laughed? Any guesses? I strongly suspect he is using, he behavior is so off.

by Anonymousreply 277October 18, 2019 4:34 AM

According to that Youtube poster, MM was not supposed to be at the Well Child event and it appeared they had had a big fight before the event which continued after. And they departed separately in 2 different cars.

by Anonymousreply 278October 18, 2019 5:27 AM

Oh, and Harry was fine when he arrived (alone) until his wife showed up some time later and threw the schedule off.

by Anonymousreply 279October 18, 2019 5:29 AM

Well, it makes little sense they were fighting, r279, as she seems to control him better than some ventriloquists control their puppets.

by Anonymousreply 280October 18, 2019 5:45 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281October 18, 2019 9:21 AM

"The cheap actress and her Knight in Whining Armour"

by Anonymousreply 282October 18, 2019 9:49 AM

Looks like the paywall is up

by Anonymousreply 283October 18, 2019 10:13 AM

[QUOTE] Now is the time for the Royal Family to announce that the Sussex pair are bowing out as working royals and relinquishing the privileges that being a working royal entails.

Hilarious naivety. Camilla the adulteress was never muzzled, despite a public outcry a million times louder than the one surrounding M and H. Channel 4 are airing a documentary called The Prince and the Pedophile next week and yet Andrew is still a working royal.

M and H look golden in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 284October 18, 2019 10:48 AM

R283, the paywall isn't up yet.

by Anonymousreply 285October 18, 2019 10:49 AM

When they do flip the paywall switch, Part 99 awaits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286October 18, 2019 10:52 AM

[QUOTE] According to that Youtube poster, MM was not supposed to be at the Well Child event and it appeared they had had a big fight before the event which continued after. And they departed separately in 2 different cars.

Using the woman who believes Harry shapeshifts into a lizard as a source again, are we? Danja Zone even has merch nowadays for the gullible to purchase. She always says H and M have been fighting, and 'M wasn't invited but turned up last minute' is another staple. Security arrangements actually mean it is impossible for one extra person to join the royal party at the last minute.

by Anonymousreply 287October 18, 2019 10:55 AM

Beware, r286, if you are as unlucky as I was in starting this thread, you will find yourself the target of many arrows. The obsessed thing spent over 20 posts trying to frighten me off EVER STARTING ANOTHER BRF THREAD AGAIN. Even told me I'd have my subscription taken away for having started this thread.

But, though I am a fully paid-up, thank you for starting this one.

by Anonymousreply 288October 18, 2019 11:25 AM

R288 I didn't start Part 99, which was started several days ago. Just noticed that someone had and wanted to mention it so we don't end up with multiple threads.

by Anonymousreply 289October 18, 2019 11:33 AM

No paywall... About the headscarf, different countries have different traditions and generally non-Muslims are given more latitude e. I think one of the tenets is that hair needs to be "tidy". In places like Malaysia, women cover all their hair. They wear a knit cap underneath the scarf to contain it, then a scarf which is folded so that it comes down to the forehead. Other places, it can be a scarf tied under the chin and then the ends tied behind the neck, like if you were riding in a convertible. So some of the hair in front can show. It varies a lot.

Unfortunately MM's looked like she was at an ice skating party with a long scarf loosely draped over her head with the ends tossed over her shoulders. If she'd gathered her hair into a low ponytail and then wrapped it up into a bun--it takes seconds-- then she would have looked much more presentable.

by Anonymousreply 290October 18, 2019 12:18 PM

I'm surprised there was no large diplomatic dinner with Kate in tiara and gown and William in Orders. That said, the tour obviously went off perfectly, and Kate and William were exemplary representatitves of the British government and the monarchy.

Re Harry and Meghan: I don't know how the Youtube poster knew Meghan wasn't supposed to attend and they had a big fight beforehand, but the Express is carrying the story that the Queen has just formally ended her role in the Commonwealth Ambassador stuff and handed it off to Harry and Meghan (this is separate from Charles' role as head of the Commonwealth).

From this, it seems clear to me that the BRF is simply shrugging its collective shoulders, burying its head in the sand again, and figuring that as sixth in line, the worst Harry and Meghan can do is make themselves look like numpties.

After that performance in Africa and Harry's performances onstage and in interviews afterward, if the BRF feels he is still a suitable representatitve, then they deserve everything they get.

by Anonymousreply 291October 18, 2019 12:29 PM

And isn't it interesting how he wasn't worried about camera clicks whilst playing strip poker in Vegas, or the rolling cameras at his cut-rate royal wedding that the taxpayer shelled out millions for in security, or when he and his actress wife are playing up photo ops with cute kids?

Every click of the camera takes him back? Christ, talk about infantile hyperbole!

Well, then, mate, I'd suggest to you that you're in the wrong line of work, and you should find yourself another career than sponging off the British taxpayer.

by Anonymousreply 292October 18, 2019 12:33 PM

William and Kate look so proper in Pakistan, without being stiff. She's just lovely and he was casual without looking sloppy. They smiled at each other a lot in the photos. Seemed to be having a marvellous time and very comfortable in one another's company. I find the Rose Hanbury business hard to believe... at least that it went to full blown infidelity - she may have been rumoured to have done something or may have made a failed play? In any event, they seem awfully comfortable with each other and really seeming to enjoy one another's company.

The contrast with Prince Harry and the Great Mistake of 2018 couldn't be starker.

by Anonymousreply 293October 18, 2019 12:37 PM

[quote]the Queen has just formally ended her role in the Commonwealth Ambassador stuff and handed it off to Harry and Meghan

Actually, it's a brilliant move. Send Wills and Kate to the Commonwealth countries that matter, e.g., Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Pakistan, India. And send the Knight in Whining Armour and his Cheap Actress missus to countries that matter far less, e.g., Fiji, Nauru, Malta, Dominica, Belize.

The message and smack-down are crystal clear.

by Anonymousreply 294October 18, 2019 12:44 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295October 18, 2019 12:46 PM

Not many people have asked if I'm OK... OMFG. She is unsalvageable.

by Anonymousreply 296October 18, 2019 12:51 PM

Poor Meghan. They really don't make it easy, do they? Face palm. There is a lot to be said for the British stiff upper lip. I really hope this whinge fest backfires back on them one million fold.

by Anonymousreply 297October 18, 2019 12:52 PM

Agree, R293.

This one is entertaining. Showing up where she was not scheduled to be when it looked as though they had been fighting, like the polo match.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298October 18, 2019 12:53 PM

So M and H have been given the much coveted role of Commonwealth Ambassadors and they can now tour/travel the world to their hearts' content, while poor William has to stay in London learning about the Duchy of Cornwall.

So much for the bitter crones here saying M and H will be removed from royal duties.They've been promoted! 😂😂😂😂😂😂

by Anonymousreply 299October 18, 2019 12:56 PM

SMDH. The BRF doesn't get it. Just a few days after someone shouted at the Queen, "Get rid of Meghan Markle."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300October 18, 2019 12:56 PM

I believe this change occurred in March when Harry and Meghan were appointed to the Commonwealth Trust. This was a reception for the defunct Queen's Trust.

by Anonymousreply 301October 18, 2019 1:02 PM

[quote]The monarch, who has been president of the organisation for decades, officially closed the Trust in March and replaced it by The Queen’s Commonwealth Trust.[quote]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302October 18, 2019 1:04 PM

R297, you do know that William will be king, eh?

Harry, on the other hand, will be what he already is - some bloke somwhere down the line of succession, getting more and more irrelevant by the day.

by Anonymousreply 303October 18, 2019 1:04 PM

[quote]So much for the bitter crones here saying M and H will be removed from royal duties.They've been promoted!

Promoted? Oh, yes, I'm sure official visits to Vanuatu and Kiribati were just what Megs and Ginger were wishin' and hopin' for.

by Anonymousreply 304October 18, 2019 1:05 PM

*somEwhere

by Anonymousreply 305October 18, 2019 1:06 PM

r299 this is old news. It happened last March. There has been no "promotion."

by Anonymousreply 306October 18, 2019 1:07 PM

R284 - "Channel 4 are airing a documentary called The Prince and the Pedophile next week and yet Andrew is still a working royal. M and H look golden in comparison."

R284 - I could not agree with you more. No matter what mistakes M&H have made it is NOTHING compared to Andrew and the extremely poor judgement he has exercised in regards to Pedo Epstein

by Anonymousreply 307October 18, 2019 1:10 PM

Wills will be king when he's 60, if he's lucky. Charles may look red but he could live to be 100.

Harry loves travel. He will be elated to escape grey England on trips to Fiji, Malta and the Caribbean. One tropical/Mediterranean vacation after the other while W and K plod round Canada and India.

by Anonymousreply 308October 18, 2019 1:11 PM

R299 - As the poster above has pointed out, this appointment was made last March, not yesterday. And it was given to them precisely to keep them focussed outside of the UK, where they are increasingly unpopular.

Unless they are forcibly kicked out, the pair have to be seen to be working for their financial rewards, which are way above anything they're doing for the nation.

So that's the job they gave Harry - last last winter. So stop turning cartwheels.

by Anonymousreply 309October 18, 2019 1:11 PM

Anywhere in the south Pacific is exotic to us Brits. Isn't Vanuatu near Bora Bora? Dream come true.

We've already seen that Killiam get the dreary tours. Nobody wants to go to Pakistan on vacay. Plenty would head off to Vanuatu.

by Anonymousreply 310October 18, 2019 1:16 PM

[quote]Harry loves travel. He will be elated to escape grey England on trips to Fiji, Malta and the Caribbean.

No one with a functioning brain cell would send them anywhere after the cock-up made in South Africa. It should be obvious that neither Megs nor Ginger have the wherewithal to represent anything or anyone. Except themselves. Sending them anywhere will irreparably lower whatever esteem is held for England/the Monarchy.

by Anonymousreply 311October 18, 2019 1:19 PM

'Showing up where she was not scheduled to be ..'

Oh, do fuck off back to Danja Zone, you brain damaged tinhat, R298. Royal visits are planned down to the tiniest detail in terms of security. There is NO scope for just turning up.

by Anonymousreply 312October 18, 2019 1:21 PM

[quote]Plenty would head off to Vanuatu.

No, they wouldn't R310. Because if you knew anything about Vanuatu, you'd know that it's not a French paradise a la Bora Bora, but a Melanesian shithole a la Papua New Guinea.

But carry on with your ignorant nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 313October 18, 2019 1:24 PM

[QUOTE] No one with a functioning brain cell would send them anywhere after the cock-up made in South Africa. It should be obvious that neither

You said this about Australia too. They didn't make a cock up in either country and will continue to tour exotic locales and take plenty of downtime there too to enjoy their private villas and beaches.

by Anonymousreply 314October 18, 2019 1:24 PM

I just looked at the YouGov polls. Camilla has a popularity rating of 24%, Andrew of 21%. Will Camilla even be accepted as Queen Consort? She is still hated.

by Anonymousreply 315October 18, 2019 1:27 PM

Vanuatu has plenty of gorgeous beaches and beautiful scenery. They will stay in the best accommodation everywhere they go.

All of these places are far preferable to an office in KP, where William will be spending humdrum hours learning about the Duchy of Cornwall.

by Anonymousreply 316October 18, 2019 1:31 PM

[quote]and will continue to tour exotic locales and take plenty of downtime there too to enjoy their private villas and beaches.

Until the BRF, the Foreign Office and the British public have had a gutful of the self-serving antics and the negative taste they leave behind and removes them from the gravy train.

by Anonymousreply 317October 18, 2019 1:33 PM

[quote]And it was given to them precisely to keep them focussed outside of the UK, where they are increasingly unpopular.

The sensation is spreading....

by Anonymousreply 318October 18, 2019 1:37 PM

R315 - Do you have a link to that YouGov poll as I cannot find it.

by Anonymousreply 319October 18, 2019 1:37 PM

r302, thanks. So if I am reading this right it is the umbrella organisation the Queen holds for youth charities , and she has made them ambassadors ( not in charge). This is not the Commonwealth itself but the equivalent of Charles' Princes Trust type of thing?

by Anonymousreply 320October 18, 2019 1:38 PM

Enquiries about WellChild from the US are up 60% on Google Trends. Lots of donations and interest, thanks to soft hearted Harry.

by Anonymousreply 321October 18, 2019 1:43 PM

[QUOTE] Until the BRF, the Foreign Office and the British public have had a gutful of the self-serving antics and the negative taste they leave behind and removes them from the gravy train.

Never happening. They've already gone on major tours and been allowed to go on more. Worry about Camilla with her 24% YouGov approval rating, not Harry who has 69%, second to TQ.

by Anonymousreply 322October 18, 2019 1:46 PM

It appears that Will and Kate will be doing the high-profile, diplomatically sensitive tours. I expect we'll see Harry and Meghan back in Africa again, or in the Caribbean, if their lawsuit announcement at the end of the SA tour didn't sink them.

by Anonymousreply 323October 18, 2019 1:57 PM

[quote]They've already gone on major tours and been allowed to go on more

Never assume. You will invariably err!

If Megs and Ginger are shipped out, they will be sent where their antics will do the least amount of damage. Until there is simply no place left that will accept them.

by Anonymousreply 324October 18, 2019 2:04 PM

Pakistan is a big deal, South Africa not so much.

No one cares about South Africa to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 325October 18, 2019 2:08 PM

Harry and Meghan's marriage must be quite strained given their statements in the documentary about how bad the last year has been for them and how they've struggled. It probably would be a good idea for them to step away from public life for awhile and focus on their marriage and family.

by Anonymousreply 326October 18, 2019 2:09 PM

I doubt their marriage would survive some time alone just together with the baby.

Harry must need it, but Meghan? Hell, no!

by Anonymousreply 327October 18, 2019 2:12 PM

Perhaps this public "poor me", victim narrative is simply their newest PR initiative.

by Anonymousreply 328October 18, 2019 2:14 PM

Anyone who thinks the Al Qaeda sandpit of Pakistan is more of a player than South Africa on the world stage clearly left school at 16.

Had M and H been sent to Spakistan, ppl here would have been screeching that they'd been deliberately sent into harm's way.

by Anonymousreply 329October 18, 2019 2:15 PM

Nah, I think, it comes from them, not their PR.

It's been reported their team didn't know about the letter against the press. I would not be suprised if they blindsided their own team.

by Anonymousreply 330October 18, 2019 2:18 PM

That is what i suspect R327 - terrible advice. They should've hired UK pr, but you know that would just not have been "good enough".

by Anonymousreply 331October 18, 2019 2:18 PM

The Palace is perhaps the best PR Firm in UK.

They should listen to the Men in Grey but we all know they won't.

by Anonymousreply 332October 18, 2019 2:24 PM

The "documentary" seems more like a PR vehicle than an actual documentary of their tour, but in all fairness we've only seen a few short clips.

Nice way to denigrate the 200 million people who live in Pakistan, R329.

by Anonymousreply 333October 18, 2019 2:25 PM

R329 Anyone thinking Pakistan is not a big player must have leave school at 14 years old.

But I'm not surprised, Meghan's stans tend to be weirdly xenophobic.

by Anonymousreply 334October 18, 2019 2:32 PM

And study up, R329.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335October 18, 2019 2:33 PM

The Islamic Republic of Pakistan:

Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) rights in Pakistan are considered taboo. The Pakistan Penal Code of 1860, originally developed under the British Raj, punishes sodomy with a possible prison sentence and has other provisions that impact the human rights of LGBT Pakistanis, under the guise of protecting public morality and order. Punishment can lead up to life imprisonment or a death penalty under sharia law. Despite being illegal, acts of homosexuality are not always prosecuted in the country.

It is most unfortunate that the above reality has been overlooked by the BRF and posters to this thread. On a gay board.

by Anonymousreply 336October 18, 2019 2:45 PM

I had a glass a wine so I could face watching those two promo clips of the ITV mockumentary. It is so clearly scripted, the way Tom Bradby says all the negative stuff and they both look all saddy face and agree with him about their hard lives. No way I will watch the hour long. although we haven't had ITV on in our house in about 20 years so there is that.

by Anonymousreply 337October 18, 2019 3:14 PM

[quote] African countries have some of the world’s most prohibitive laws governing homosexuality. Same-sex relationships are considered taboo and gay sex is a crime across most of continent, with punishments ranging from imprisonment to death.

It's unfortunate, R336, that you only disparage the country toured by the Cambridges. There are serious issues in many places.. It's not a contest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338October 18, 2019 3:16 PM

[quote] that you only disparage the country toured by the Cambridges.

R338 The Cambridges were right there in Pakistan, a homo-murdering society. So they should ignore the daily hell of the lives of milliions of gay Pakistanis and talk about Africa? Seriously?

And Pakistan should be disparaged and often. Especially on a GAY BOARD!

by Anonymousreply 339October 18, 2019 3:25 PM

No one is a fan of Pakistan as much as I can see.

But those RRF threads are not about Pakistan, it's about the Royals.

Feel free to open a thread to insult Pakinstan and other homophobic countries.

by Anonymousreply 340October 18, 2019 3:29 PM

[quote]Feel free to open a thread to insult Pakinstan and other homophobic countries.

I didn't know pointing out homophobia and homo-murdering societies/cultures was an "insult". Must have missed that email.

by Anonymousreply 341October 18, 2019 3:36 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342October 18, 2019 3:43 PM

R341 Call it as you want.

by Anonymousreply 343October 18, 2019 3:44 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344October 18, 2019 3:49 PM

Edo and Bea really have crazy eyes, I fear for their kids.

James and Alizée are cute.

by Anonymousreply 345October 18, 2019 3:54 PM

Poor James. The Rob Kardashian of the Middleton fam

by Anonymousreply 346October 18, 2019 4:07 PM

A fun gig on the last day in Pakistan - playing with trainee dogs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347October 18, 2019 4:10 PM

Swipe for a Kate interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348October 18, 2019 4:14 PM

Nice interview, R348. Thanks for sharing that.

by Anonymousreply 349October 18, 2019 4:19 PM

Yup-I pointed out that threads would be closed because people were starting new, competing ones far too early, and shocker(!) thread 99 is closed.

by Anonymousreply 350October 18, 2019 4:21 PM

Swipe for the life of Princess Anne.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351October 18, 2019 4:22 PM

Of all the outfits Kate wore on the Pakistan tour, this is my favorite. The turquoise color is gorgeous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352October 18, 2019 4:26 PM

R351-man I would love to sit down for a drink with Anne. (As long as the air in the room didn't turn ice cold as it does on the Windsors.) She is one indomitable broad. Royal I'd most like to get a drink with, though, is Camilla. She'd be a hoot. Charles would be a hell of a lot of fun, too.

by Anonymousreply 353October 18, 2019 4:29 PM

"We love you Meghan" is trending in the US and UK, lol. Poor dears, she and her hubby, all they want to do is change the world and enjoy their wealth and privilege, but those nasty, vile photographers and Daily Mail commenters!

They remain gossip gold!

by Anonymousreply 354October 18, 2019 4:39 PM

Why does a so-called" feminist" need people to ask how they are?

by Anonymousreply 355October 18, 2019 4:50 PM

[quote]"We love you Meghan" is trending in the US and UK, lol.

I started that. My heart is just breaking for her and I didn’t know what else I could do. Poor Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 356October 18, 2019 4:57 PM

The first comment on the Daily Mail article about Meghan has over 17,000 upvotes. Crazy.

by Anonymousreply 357October 18, 2019 5:02 PM

I would love to hear Princess Anne's take on Harry and Meghan's recent comments. And the Queen's. And of course Camilla's (after a few drinks.)

Looking forward to the next season of The Windsors.

by Anonymousreply 358October 18, 2019 5:08 PM

Well, she's trending with "We love you, Meghan" on Twitter. I just can't fathom public stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 359October 18, 2019 5:19 PM

R355, or why would a feminist be going on about how vulnerable a pregant woman and a new mother is? Wouldn't that only apply to a woman in a vulnerable situation (domestic violence, war zone)? Does she really want the public to believe that she's been suffering all this time? And if so, why doesn't she take a leave of absence and get some help?

by Anonymousreply 360October 18, 2019 5:23 PM

Ten years from now, Harry and Meghan will be the new Edward and Wallis: deprived of any real role in the Royal family, floating about from posh watering hole to posh watering hole, eternally sponging and incessantly whinging.

by Anonymousreply 361October 18, 2019 5:27 PM

She double clutched her belly to promote her pregnancy when that fashion designer was getting an award..nope never wants media attention or spotlight it's too hard. Woe is meg.

by Anonymousreply 362October 18, 2019 5:28 PM

is it too soon for "little Orphan 'Arry" again?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363October 18, 2019 5:30 PM

Aww, poor thing, no one asked how she was doing during her private flight to her baby shower or when she was ignoring Palace advisors or when she was pushing in on the POW Investiture ceremony... Shouldn't this whining be accompanied by violin music?

by Anonymousreply 364October 18, 2019 5:35 PM

“She continues: 'Also thank you for asking, because not many people have asked if I'm OK. But it's a very real thing to be going through behind the scenes.'

“Tom asks her: 'And the answer is, would it be fair to say, not really OK, as in it's really been a struggle?' Meghan, visibly upset, then replies: 'Yes.'”

What in the actual fuck. This is a person who spent a million dollars on clothing last year.

by Anonymousreply 365October 18, 2019 5:55 PM

At this point, the BRF would be wise to pay them off and send them on their way. HM and Charles have the deep pockets to do it, and if they value the future of the institution, they will. Harry and Meghan's tsunami of self-pity couldn't be worse-timed in Brexit Britain.

by Anonymousreply 366October 18, 2019 6:00 PM

#weloveyoumeghan is the top trend on Twitter right now. The sugar army has been mobilized.

by Anonymousreply 367October 18, 2019 6:07 PM

Someone needs to start the #areyouokMeghan trend and never ever let it die. Every engagement, every announcement.

by Anonymousreply 368October 18, 2019 6:12 PM

The Royal family will be appalled by this display.

by Anonymousreply 369October 18, 2019 6:14 PM

So, she didn't "hit the ground running"? Isn't lying on a job application grounds for dismissal?

by Anonymousreply 370October 18, 2019 6:16 PM

She hit the ground crying. It’s just so unfair.

by Anonymousreply 371October 18, 2019 6:25 PM

New engagement announcement: The Duchess of Sussex will attend the One Young World Summit Opening Ceremony at the Royal Albert Hall on Tuesday 22nd October.

by Anonymousreply 372October 18, 2019 6:30 PM

R367, as soon as I saw that trending I heard DL collectively vomit.

by Anonymousreply 373October 18, 2019 6:44 PM

HM held a special reception tonight to officially hand over the reigns of the Queen’s trust to Harry and Meghan.

But they weren’t there. That is distinctly strange.

by Anonymousreply 374October 18, 2019 6:50 PM

R374 - it happened in March. The Queen's Trust became the Queen's Commonwealth Trust and Harry and Meghan were made Ambassadors.

by Anonymousreply 375October 18, 2019 7:02 PM

BRF 99 is closed after only 49 replies. This is largely because r350, who is nothing short of obsessed with shutting down discussion on the BRF threads, has campaigned to have it closed down.

by Anonymousreply 376October 18, 2019 7:26 PM

Someone needs to start a #IsYourFatherOKMeghan?Call him."

by Anonymousreply 377October 18, 2019 7:36 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378October 18, 2019 7:41 PM

Didn't Meghan say she doesn't read what people write about her? I guess that was yet another lie.

by Anonymousreply 379October 18, 2019 7:47 PM

These Markles really love running to the press to talk about what misunderstood victims they are don't they?

by Anonymousreply 380October 18, 2019 7:50 PM

And the paywall is back up, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 381October 18, 2019 7:56 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382October 18, 2019 8:12 PM

If there's an afterlife, Diana is loving watching every moment of this drama.

by Anonymousreply 383October 18, 2019 8:14 PM

R376-Don't get your thong in a twist up your fat crack, dearie. I pointed out the obvious. Having too many competing threads would result in censure. People need to calm the fuck down and stop starting threads prematurely when we're nowhere even close to a paywall. We'll be lucky if Muriel doesn't ban all the BRF threads.

by Anonymousreply 384October 18, 2019 8:20 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385October 18, 2019 8:22 PM

Any news about Edo and Bea?

by Anonymousreply 386October 18, 2019 8:23 PM

I guess pregnancy and birth must have been less of a "struggle" for Kate as she didn't have the added stress and burden of constantly creating and manufacturing drama where none was necessary...no top secret birth time and place...no over the top presenting of newborn in Castle...no top secret godparents to hide...just have baby, show baby on steps of hospital for few minutes, go home, relax for months til christening....take some pictures at christening for a few minutes then go home and relax for months more after christening for total of 6 months of non-attention seeking maternity leave.

by Anonymousreply 387October 18, 2019 8:27 PM

Calm down, dear.

What are you on now, your 40th or your 50th comment (no joke) detailing your fury at there being follow-on BRF threads?

How many times have you commented on that ONE subject?

When you were screeching at me last week and threatening me for the crime of having created this very thread, I counted 21 comments out of your total of 30, all detailing how outrageous it is for people to start new BRF threads. It is clear that it was you who had BRF 99 shut down.

You are plainly obsessed. Please stop. I wish you well.

by Anonymousreply 388October 18, 2019 8:27 PM

The above was (obviously) for r384

by Anonymousreply 389October 18, 2019 8:28 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390October 18, 2019 8:33 PM

Apologies for double post. Connection spotty today and did not realize first effort had been successful. Mea culpa.

by Anonymousreply 391October 18, 2019 8:34 PM

The photo that comes when someone links to the Daily Mail article just screams, [italic]Are You There God? It's Me, Meghan.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 392October 18, 2019 8:39 PM

Comes up*

by Anonymousreply 393October 18, 2019 8:40 PM

Kate looks like she has golf balls in her cheeks in the pic above in the turquoise outfit. Fillers?

by Anonymousreply 394October 18, 2019 8:40 PM

R388-that wasn't me last week, you twat. There are several people on here pointing out how the boards work. I didn't have 99 shit down. I pointed out starting it prematurely was stupid. It was and so are you.

by Anonymousreply 395October 18, 2019 8:46 PM

Of course it wasn't, dear.

by Anonymousreply 396October 18, 2019 8:47 PM

I've stayed out of most anti-Meghan diatribes recently here, although I scan these threads. But today's Sussex drop, with her whining re how 'hard' her life has been post-marriage, has me absolutely astonished. wtf are they thinking? And her side comment, "no one has really asked how I'M doing" - ?? That's because YOU are the rich royal duchess, being supported by millions of taxpayer dollars, living in a mansion with guards and your every need met, in exchange for dressing and showing up at events like the recent Well Child to ask how OTHERS (read: your subjects) are doing in REAL TIMES OF STRESS. My god.

This is the worst pr move in the history of bad pr moves. Harry's an idiot. He's assisting his wife in laying the groundwork for her eventual desertion from him. Because you know this is being done to build 'pity' so when she bolts, she can state "I told you so, I couldn't take the criticism anymore".

To add, dropping these clips on the last day of W & K's successful Pakistan tour (where they behaved near-perfectly, as royals) was just obvious.

by Anonymousreply 397October 18, 2019 8:54 PM

Someone versed in social media is at liberty to start a counter trend: #stopsussexwhingeing

by Anonymousreply 398October 18, 2019 9:17 PM

Kate was under tremendous scrutiny during her first pregnancy, too; Kate was so sick in her first trimester, she had to be hospitalised; Kate was also carrying a future Sovereign, as opposed to a seventh in line.

I have yet to hear Kate complain about no one asking her how she was getting on with all that media scrutiny through a first pregnancy.

What did Meghan think, that the Queen was going to phone her every day to see how she was?

Meghan really is Diana in every worst possible way.

And the drops this week during the Pakistan tour are shameful.

I hope William complains to his father and grandmother.

These two sobbing, whingeing, complaining, Woe is Me rich twats need to be retired from active duty. Now.

by Anonymousreply 399October 18, 2019 9:21 PM

Excellent, r398.

by Anonymousreply 400October 18, 2019 9:21 PM

The comments btl on the No One Asked How I Was! piece are beyond brutal. If Sunshine Sachs thinks this is the way to the nation's heart, she needs medication almost as much as the Sussexes do.

Don't watch the programme. The lower its ratings are, the beter.

by Anonymousreply 401October 18, 2019 9:23 PM

[quote]Harry, on the other hand, will be what he already is - some bloke somwhere down the line of succession, getting more and more irrelevant by the day.

A situation mitigated by earned public sentiment toward affection and respect. Think Princess Anne or Princess Alexandra. Then think Prince Andrew. It its obvious where these two are headed - if they even stay in the country. The nice thing is, shed of her, Harry can probably come home and redeem himself. He's too dim to hold her against him for all time. But right now, talk about pussy whipped.

by Anonymousreply 402October 18, 2019 9:23 PM

How long after Diana's Panorama interview was she summarily stripped of her HRH and booted from the Firm? Can we hope this program results in the same for Dim and Cringe? Photographers used to run after Kate screaming "whore!" and never once did that woman complain publicly.

by Anonymousreply 403October 18, 2019 9:31 PM

Harry has gone too far to truly come back, in terms of his popularity in Britain, r402. In merely two years he has destroyed the tremendous goodwill the British public has held for him since his birth thirty-five years ago. In two years. That takes some real doing.

The mask has slipped, everyone can see him for what he really is, which is nearly opposite to what people thought he was and admired him for: his perceived 'grin-and-get-on-with-it' attitude. Now he's The Whining Prince and will remain that until the end of his days.

There is no coming back for him, ever.

by Anonymousreply 404October 18, 2019 9:31 PM

So the Sussexes will just be traveling now? I suppose they may as well, while Archie is still a baby. Once he goes to school, it won’t be easy to just pick up and go.

by Anonymousreply 405October 18, 2019 9:32 PM

#SwedenTheSussexes

by Anonymousreply 406October 18, 2019 9:32 PM

R403, good point. The Royal Family must play a game with the press, and I think Kate has passed their test. I think they have been kind to Princess Anne, as well. (She’s pretty boring, so maybe that’s why. She’s also my absolute favorite royal, I’m not insulting her.)

Harry and Meghan are in for it now.

by Anonymousreply 407October 18, 2019 9:35 PM

Meghan is aiming this directly at the BRF, let's not kid ourselves. She's not saying that her friends, hangers-on as they are, didn't ask "how are you" but that her "family she never had" as Harry had put it, didn't kiss her ass enough. Come on, that's what she really means, HMQ, the Cambridges, Anne, the York princesses, and all the cousins like Zara et al., didn't worship the ground she walked on enough while she was pregnant with the most special baby in the fucking world. She's setting the BRF to be Prince Charles 2.0 to her Princess Di 2.0. If there's any sympathy or neutral regard within the BRF for her now, it's not there any longer.

What sort of a craven mind feels unloved when they're not coddled and worshipped at all times? A narcissist of course. I guarantee you working moms don't like to hear rich women and celebs complain about woe-is-me, it's condescension at its worst. It's like Serena Williams incurring a lot of wrath from working moms when she said that she experienced typical working mother dilemmas. Uh no you fucktard, you're married into extreme wealth and you have the fucking choice to work or not to work. Same with Meghan, you say you have all these friends and you're close to your mother, well you know what, right there you have more support than a lot of pregnant women have. You should count yourself lucky that you don't have to worry about paying bills while out on maternity leave, or enough money to hire sitters or nannies when you go back to work. But Meghan wants more and more, not satisfied with spotlight, attention, now she wants us to worship her with words of concern and praise. This is where the BRF is at folks, taken over by a couple of narcissists hellbent on turning the institution into the ultimate fame whore platform.

by Anonymousreply 408October 18, 2019 9:35 PM

Diana's Panorama interview was in November 1995. The Queen brought the divorce down in December. Panorama was the breaking point. Even Diana's supporters concede Diana regretted that one. That's the thing about going one step too far... you don't usually know it until it's too late.

by Anonymousreply 409October 18, 2019 10:38 PM

The Sussexes picked a bad time for this interview. The UK is due to leave the EU in less than two weeks' time and there's still no reasonable deal in sight. Amidst all this political chaos, a prince and princess complaining about how hard their lives are is not a good look.

by Anonymousreply 410October 18, 2019 10:44 PM

I don't really think she's modelling anything on Diana. She's barely tried. She's had a handful of engagements on her own and some with Dim, I mean him.

I just see an ambitious but ignorant, self-absorbed woman. She's old enough to know better in terms of her behaviour and choices (jets) but she plainly can't help herself or rein herself in. Maybe it's being a child of divorce that drives her need for attention - she would share that with Diana - and with Harry. That she's thinking somehow she can whine publicly about a lack of support and get sympathy... it would be ridiculous if it weren't so pathetic. At least in Panorama Diana had a kind of logic to her litany of complaints.

What does her hint say? Are her shallow private jet friends the ones who failed her? Or is the Royal Family? (It is, one presumes but In her broadside she leaves everybody under suspicion of failing poor widdle Megan.).

She will be roasted alive from Sunday. If she thinks it was bad before, wait til the Whine Show. She ain't seen nothing yet. She gets what she deserves. The sooner this is over the better for poor dim and for the institution, but he'll probably follow her off to California for a few years of misery before she dumps him there.

by Anonymousreply 411October 18, 2019 10:50 PM

A Prince and Duchess, rich beyond most First Worlders' dreams, standing in the middle of the incredibly, horrifically impoverished Third World, complaining about their lives.

by Anonymousreply 412October 18, 2019 10:51 PM

The Media wish to dedicate this one to the D&D of S.....

("official" Every Breath You Take by the Police)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413October 18, 2019 10:56 PM

I feel for Archie, these 2 are worse than I could have imagined. Hope it is not hereditary.

by Anonymousreply 414October 19, 2019 12:32 AM

The idea that someone is "campaigning" to have the BRF threads shut down is ridiculous. That is just what happens here when people overspam the board. If you'd just listened to all the old timers here then it wouldn't be happening.

by Anonymousreply 415October 19, 2019 1:25 AM

Oh, and I was the poster who was blamed last time for everybody else's comments about this topic too. You seem to think it's just one of us.

by Anonymousreply 416October 19, 2019 1:31 AM

I loved Diana in many ways, but that Panorama interview was ridiculous. My "favorite" part was when she goes, "I'd like to be Queen of people's hearts" - no doubt envisioning a QUEEN OF HEARTS tabloid headline next day. So disrespectful to her mother-in-law. And then suggesting Charles was not up to the top job - what pure fuckery!

Then I think of all those secret phone conversations that were leaked, Diana bitching to someone that "my life is real, real torture." And my all-time favorite Diana line: "After all I've done for this fucking family!"

Meghan is channeling all this, lashing out at the press and the family (I suppose Kate was supposed to be texting her: "How are you doing? Are you ok? Heart emoji!") . She must especially have binged on that recent TV special "Diana: In Her Own Words." On one hand, it was haunting to hear Diana articulate her sadness. On the other, you wanted to her to stiffen her upper lip and pull it together. But Megan is completely replicating the intense self-pity. It probably turns Harry on.

I'm sorry, we're all entitled to our feelings, but when as someone said you spent a million dollars on clothes in a year, you really need to suck it up. Especially in that position, which you hit the jackpot winning, and especially when the drama is self-created. Never complain, never explain - ha! All she had to do was be humble and thrifty and dutiful for, like, one year!

Harry could not have chosen someone more temperamentally unsuitable. Oh to be a fly on BRF walls......

by Anonymousreply 417October 19, 2019 1:38 AM

As for all the random non-BRF aficionados coming in an posting pron gifs, that was the last death knell of the overspammed HKN threads so make the most of BRF while you can.

by Anonymousreply 418October 19, 2019 1:39 AM

The BRF seems very reluctant to try to get the Harkles to tone it down. This is a genuine mistake on their part because the Harkles' super-spending in general is drawing a dangerous level of attention to BRF spending as a whole. Even though none of them spend as much on clothes as she does, or as much of taxpayer money on their non-Grade 1 listed housing stock (Grade 1 is another story, and usually semi-accessible by the public anyway), they do live extremely luxurious lives, and have so far gotten away with that by not rubbing it too much in people's faces.

The public comments are so much more pro-Republican than I ever remember reading outside of the Guardian or the Labour manifesto. It seems every other comment is now "After the Queen dies, just get rid of the lot of them." I never saw these comments until Harry and Meghan's antics started to rankle, around the time the belly cupping began.. Add in the emoting now coming from Harry and Meghan and it's like throwing petrol on an already spreading fire. People in the UK seem more than fed up. The last thing they want to hear is a single complaint from extremely wealthy people who spend taxpayer money in the millions.

And it's not just in the DM, Sun and Express comment sections - it was also the case with the Telegraph readership, who are resolute Royalists. They were so critical that the Torygraph shut down all comments on Harry/Meghan stories. The Spectator's comments section, also full of Royalists, are ferocious. They cannot bear the flashness of the Harkles. They want understated and and dutiful.

The thing everyone is saying, across all those platforms, is that the Queen must step in soon or real damage will be done. But I fear they won't. The BRF are nothing if not diplomatic ditherers.

by Anonymousreply 419October 19, 2019 2:16 AM

Thing is, Meghan is a shrewd actress in her way. Remember, we live in the Age of Emotion. Some of the sweet mommy frauen I follow on social media are uncynically having ALL THE FEELS about poor Meghan coping with marriage, pregnancy and new motherhood under such pressure - JUST LIKE THEM! She knows her audience.

by Anonymousreply 420October 19, 2019 3:55 AM

Exactly, R420. From her point of view, it's a great PR success: she was trending in the US and she garnered a lot of sympathy. People clicking on videos that turned up on their social media feed don't realize she was in the middle of a visit to South Africa and don't think about the irony of a rich, privileged person whinging; they saw a sad looking M (pregnant! new mom!) bravely fighting back tears graciously thanking a reporter for asking how she was.

One has to give her credit for setting up a great narrative for herself. I suspect when/if she divorces Harry, the script will be similar.

by Anonymousreply 421October 19, 2019 6:03 AM

Who’s the little boy on the right with his hands over his ears?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422October 19, 2019 6:12 AM

MEGHAN ARE YOU OK

ARE YOU OK

ARE YOU OK MEGHAN

by Anonymousreply 423October 19, 2019 6:46 AM

Excellent, r423

by Anonymousreply 424October 19, 2019 6:58 AM

R421 Plus it has that touch of real housewives shade: “She didn’t even ask me if I was OK. Who DOES that?”

Yesgal!! Sassy.

by Anonymousreply 425October 19, 2019 7:06 AM

That is utterly apt too, r425 - between you and r421, I'm dying.

by Anonymousreply 426October 19, 2019 7:18 AM

Princess Margaret met the Supremes in the hight of their popularity. Margaret reportedly asked Mary Wilson if she was wearing a wig. Mary later said “I’m just a girl from the projects, but even I know not to ask that of someone at a party.

by Anonymousreply 427October 19, 2019 8:13 AM

R427 Mary should’ve asked, “Is it hard, being the sister of Her Majesty the Queen?” Or said, “You’re much shorter in person, Ma’am.”

by Anonymousreply 428October 19, 2019 12:02 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429October 19, 2019 12:16 PM

What do we think of that wedding gown at R429?

by Anonymousreply 430October 19, 2019 12:43 PM

I think there was an idea there... that wasn't thought through.

by Anonymousreply 431October 19, 2019 12:44 PM

I really like the skirt, but not the bodice and wrap. Too much. And the headpiece doesn't compliment the look.

by Anonymousreply 432October 19, 2019 3:14 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433October 19, 2019 3:39 PM

That is one bizarre wedding dress.

As for Beatrice - I'm not a fan of the floral dress, it's a bit ageing. I do like her coat, though.

by Anonymousreply 434October 19, 2019 5:07 PM

She dresses like her granny. Probably sucking up.

Nice they both have bug eyes from time to time... won't make very pretty babies but I doubt anybody was counting on Bea to pop out an oil painting.

by Anonymousreply 435October 19, 2019 5:25 PM

Thanks, r429. He’s 12 now. He’s a cute kid. I love the pic of him on the balcony with his hands over his ears as a flyover took place.

by Anonymousreply 436October 19, 2019 7:59 PM

I find this guy sporadically funny but if you think on this one... it's good shade.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437October 19, 2019 10:32 PM

Gary’s clever. I just can’t stand Lisa Rinna attention whoring in the comments under each of his posts. The other one who does it is that Scotty Cunha person, who is he? He’s always responding “lolololol,” is that some sort of super inside joke?

by Anonymousreply 438October 19, 2019 11:20 PM

"Prince Harry probably got sucked in by the sex, the drama, the emotional highs and lows, and it reminded him of something. It was something he hadn’t seen since he was a child and he might not even have made the connection."

Interesting read and written well before the shit show kicked into high gear. The author clearly has some issues but many of his points about MM are right on target.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439October 20, 2019 3:18 AM

I think Bea looked quite nice at the wedding, I'd just have preferred a darker coat.

by Anonymousreply 440October 20, 2019 5:49 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441October 20, 2019 1:03 PM

Roya Nikkhah has more but it's behind a paywall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442October 20, 2019 1:10 PM

From Roya Nikkhah on Twitter:

[quote] Exclusive: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will take some “family time” off from November, dividing their time between the US and the UK. It will be Archie’s debut in America where he’s likely to spend his first Thanksgiving. But Christmas will be with the Queen @thesundaytimes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443October 20, 2019 1:16 PM

That baby does not look attached to them at all. Not surprised.

by Anonymousreply 444October 20, 2019 1:23 PM

That baby does not look attached to them at all. Not surprised.

by Anonymousreply 445October 20, 2019 1:23 PM

No idea why the double posts have not been fixed. An edit button would be fab!

by Anonymousreply 446October 20, 2019 1:29 PM

In that interview that idiot Harry actually says he would prefer to leave the country. What a fool. What a clueless sense of entitlement. The country that gives him all he has and he says something like that? Stop talking and start packing, pal.

I have a picture now of a man badly, badly damaged by the acrimonious marriage and separation of his parents, his mother's difficulties, her death, and his life of bubbled privilege. Then he gets into the clutches of the ignorant, ambitious, superficial Great Mistake of 2018 and here we are.

Princess Michael of Kent just gave up last place on the Most Popular Royals list.

by Anonymousreply 447October 20, 2019 1:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!