Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Green River Killer's collapse is complete! Samuel Little is now America's worst serial killer

The FBI have now been able to confirm 50 kills by Little, giving him the highest confirmed body count.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60October 18, 2019 10:49 PM

I don't care, I'll say it: I'm shocked he's not a white guy.

by Anonymousreply 1October 8, 2019 2:25 AM

You don't think black people can be successful serial killers r1? That's racist, I think.

by Anonymousreply 2October 8, 2019 2:40 AM

I'm not sure I believe this.

by Anonymousreply 3October 8, 2019 2:42 AM

[quote]You don't think black people can be successful serial killers [R1]? That's racist, I think.

Not about being "successful" at it, only that serial killing seems to be more of a white guy hobby. I mean come on, pretty much every single famous serial killer is a white guy, so to have the most prolific one be a black guy, is quite surprising. I mean this guy didn't even get his own Hollywood films like all of those other white killers - not THAT'S racist of Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 4October 8, 2019 2:46 AM

noW* that's

by Anonymousreply 5October 8, 2019 2:46 AM

You really are surprised that Hollywood pays less attention to black serial killers (and their largely black victims) r4?

I mean when the Atlanta child murders were happening it was a good while before they got real attention.

by Anonymousreply 6October 8, 2019 2:52 AM

The NYTimes article includes some of the drawings of possible victims they have yet to confirm. Hearing him talk about them so light-heartedly is something

[quote]While Mr. Little has offered many details, investigators fear that his memory is becoming not entirely reliable. He is often fuzzy on the year a killing took place. That can make matching his version of events to local police records challenging — and help from the public even more essential, according to investigators. Among the five new sketches released to the public, one depicts a transgender woman named Marianne that Mr. Little met in Miami in 1971 or 1972. Mr. Little said she was 18 or 19 years old and they met at a bar. He offered her a ride home in his gold Pontiac LeMans, then drove to what might have been a sugar cane field near Highway 27, where he killed her, according to the authorities.

[quote]In a series of videotaped interviews with Mr. Little from a prison cell that were released by the F.B.I. this week, Mr. Little became visibly excited as he discussed the killings. Asked by a detective about a woman he said he killed in North Little Rock, Ark., in 1994, Mr. Little responded: “Oh, man, I loved her. I forget her name. Oh, yeah. I think it was Ruth.” In the videotaped interviews released by the F.B.I., Mr. Little spoke about the killings as if they were ordinary events, frequently interrupting his stories with smiles and laughter. His recollections were full of detail, often including the names of streets and the clothing of his victims. He has expressed no remorse.

[quote]“‘God put me on Earth to do what I did. He made me,’” Michael Mongeluzzo, a detective from Marion County, Fla., recalled Mr. Little telling him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 8, 2019 3:03 AM

I’m confused how serial killers keep track of their victims and remember names, dates and locations. Even allowing for trophy keeping how do you recall 90 plus killings of transient people you met once and may not have even had a conversation with? It’s like asking me to describe the last ten people who were at the cash registers for visits to stores I’ve been to, I couldn’t even begin?

by Anonymousreply 8October 8, 2019 3:05 AM

[quote]It’s like asking me to describe the last ten people who were at the cash registers for visits to stores I’ve been to

No, serial killers love killing, these murders are special to them. They generally masturbate to them, I'd bet Little did.

It's more akin to someone asking you go through your sexual history. You can probably remember something about each person you had sex with. For serial killers, this is their sex, often quite literally.

by Anonymousreply 9October 8, 2019 3:10 AM

worst one-at-a-time-killer.

by Anonymousreply 10October 8, 2019 3:22 AM

Damn. 93 people?

by Anonymousreply 11October 8, 2019 4:50 AM

^ he was only able to kill that many women because most of them were black.

by Anonymousreply 12October 8, 2019 5:00 AM

[quote]worst one-at-a-time-killer.

Well yes, that's what defines a serial killer from a mass murderer or even a spree killer. They stop, they take time between individual kills.

by Anonymousreply 13October 8, 2019 5:45 PM

as opposed to governments which kill millions.

by Anonymousreply 14October 8, 2019 5:57 PM

There are more white serial killers because there are more white people.

by Anonymousreply 15October 8, 2019 6:03 PM

i wonder BEFORE such killers were named, arrested, sentenced and charged and BEFORE such people and their crimes were documented and infamous with the media if i don't know 100, 150, 200 plus years ago, how many serial killers were out there that individually alone perhaps killed HUNDREDS that we'll never know about?..

as i've always said when you hear about these evil people and weird stuff going on on the news, i think, "this is just what we know about!" who knows what has and is still going on in bumfuck, nowhere!...

by Anonymousreply 16October 8, 2019 6:09 PM

[quote] 100, 150, 200 plus years ago, how many serial killers were out there that individually alone perhaps killed HUNDREDS that we'll never know about?..

Transportation was a problem for hundreds of years. The majority of people lived in villages and rarely traveled far from home. They’d notice a frequent murderer. Maybe in wilder forest areas girls would go missing and they thought maybe a wolf made off with her.

The police noticed Jack the Ripper was around and that he was killing prostitutes, so it sounds like serial sex killers were unusual.

by Anonymousreply 17October 8, 2019 6:29 PM

R17... good points! although perhaps their WERE serial killers who did roam states/territories and the country just simply killing and then leaving the area.. working menial jobs at one place just long enough so they could indeed just travel and kill as their main objective?..

by Anonymousreply 18October 8, 2019 6:42 PM

Yes, the car really changed things. Generally with serial killers who have a high body count they were spread out over many cities/different police jurisdictions.

by Anonymousreply 19October 8, 2019 6:44 PM

What's scary about this is that these are just confirmed kills by an apprehended serial killer. There are plenty of serial killers out there wandering around free and serial killers that aren't aware just how high their kill count is. I'm still creeped out by the torso that was found by a rest stop some years ago and that there's been no progress in that case.

Off topic, but I'm surprised by how feminine his fingers look.

by Anonymousreply 20October 8, 2019 6:59 PM

The Long Island serial killer is the big one that we know of that hasn't been caught or identified.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 8, 2019 7:05 PM

How horrible if it was one of your female relatives. To end-up like that.

I wish one of them had been an Aileen Wuornus and just beat him to a bloody pulp.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 8, 2019 7:36 PM

There was a case of an inn on a stagecoach line, perhaps in Kansas or Oklahoma? I think other travelers stayed there as well, solo travelers on horseback. Decades later, many gravesites were found around the inn. The hypothesis was that the family running the inn had killed solo travelers, stolen their money, then buried the corpses on their property.

by Anonymousreply 23October 8, 2019 8:16 PM

"The police noticed Jack the Ripper was around and that he was killing prostitutes, so it sounds like serial sex killers were unusual. "

You do know that public-funded police forces were a 19th century invention? Before that, justice was administered by the local nobles, if the local nobles gave a rat's ass about justice, and quarrels were as likely to be settled by duels as by court cases. So if someone had gone around killing hookers before the 19th century, nobody who mattered would have cared, or done anything. Any justice given out would have taken place in a back alley, with no record left to history.

by Anonymousreply 24October 8, 2019 8:21 PM

I'm positive the screenplay is already under development for the motion picture; I adored Kathryn Morris in Cold Case and would love for her to be involved with the new project; I used to cum buckets over Danny Pino--for some reason the show really got to me on a deep, heart-breaking level--I never cry over much, but did during several of the episodes. I think it was the writing, the music, the cinematography, and of course the actors . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 8, 2019 8:31 PM

There is speculation that Ted Bundy is America's most prolific serial killer. He travelled around a lot leaving a trail of corpse's behind him and the police have reason to believe that he may have killed over 100 women, although technically he was nabbed for only about 30 of them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 8, 2019 8:34 PM

Ted for the win!

by Anonymousreply 27October 8, 2019 9:47 PM

There were a couple serial killers in South America who reached the triple digits. This guy may have killed 300 children but was still eventually released from prison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 8, 2019 10:08 PM

R23 They were the Bloody Benders. It was rumored that they weren't even a real family (mother and father not really married, son and daughter actually husband and wife) and were a group of serial killers working together posing as one.

by Anonymousreply 29October 17, 2019 3:47 PM

Fool, R2, it's been documented that whites are disproportionally serial killers. It's not racist, it's fact.

by Anonymousreply 30October 17, 2019 3:53 PM

sexy

by Anonymousreply 31October 17, 2019 4:36 PM

R30 Reminded me of this...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32October 17, 2019 4:36 PM

Serial killers do tend to be white men. That doesn’t mean that all serial killers are white men.

by Anonymousreply 33October 17, 2019 4:38 PM

This asshole may have been the most prolific, but I’m the only one they never identified, much less caught. And probably never will. So there.

by Anonymousreply 34October 17, 2019 4:40 PM

I wonder if this is a Henry Lee Lucas thing where he falsely confessed to killing a bunch of people just for attention

by Anonymousreply 35October 17, 2019 4:42 PM

Amateur.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36October 17, 2019 4:46 PM

Oh please, you don't count prostitutes.

by Anonymousreply 37October 17, 2019 5:28 PM

COULD the zodiac killer still be alive? figuring if this all happened 50 years ago and he was in his 20's or 30's?..

by Anonymousreply 38October 17, 2019 6:43 PM

The Green River Killer is Samuel Ridgeway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39October 17, 2019 6:59 PM

It's literally racist to say black men can't be great serial killers. It's like literally killing black men when you say this.

by Anonymousreply 40October 17, 2019 7:07 PM

Nobody said that, idiot R40.

by Anonymousreply 41October 17, 2019 8:17 PM

R1 said it, R41.

by Anonymousreply 42October 17, 2019 8:26 PM

R38, the Zodiac was estimated to be in his early to mid 30s at the time of the killings, so it’s possible he’s still living, but he would be very old. Assuming it wasn’t Arthur Leigh Allen, then it’s very likely he’s dead.

by Anonymousreply 43October 17, 2019 8:49 PM

R43. if that was the case the zodiac would be 82 to 85... plenty of men that age still alive and kicking...

by Anonymousreply 44October 17, 2019 8:57 PM

Proud to be bloodthirsty Muricahnnnnn!

by Anonymousreply 45October 17, 2019 9:06 PM

Black/AA people make up less than 15% of the population, yet make up nearly 40% of serial killers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46October 17, 2019 9:20 PM

Didn’t we have a great Zodiac thread at one time?

by Anonymousreply 47October 17, 2019 9:33 PM

R42, I'm R1. I didn't say what you're claiming I said. I didn't say black men were incapable of being serial killers. I was only shocked that one of the most prolific ones in history is a black guy.

When most of the serial killers who get caught are white guys, you just assume the one who's got the biggest body count would be a white guy. It's like an eating contest. You assume the fat guys are going to win, but it's the rail-thin Asian guy who beats everyone.

by Anonymousreply 48October 17, 2019 10:29 PM

R47, I’m not sure. It seems like we did.

by Anonymousreply 49October 17, 2019 10:32 PM

I read a book that was a history of American serial killers.

Quite a few of the early ones ran inns. They didn't have to travel to hid their murders. Their victims traveled to them. There was almost always a robbery component as well.

by Anonymousreply 50October 17, 2019 11:26 PM

Here is a link about the Zodiac movie and comments referencing serial killers:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51October 18, 2019 12:29 AM

R37 = Jack The Ripper

by Anonymousreply 52October 18, 2019 1:01 AM

^HA

by Anonymousreply 53October 18, 2019 1:35 AM

Wow. I always heard that serial killers were white males, late 20s to early 40s. According to that chart above, whites went from 60% in 1970 to 30% in 2010??? What the hell? I hadn’t heard that statistic...Is this what MAGA is really all about?

by Anonymousreply 54October 18, 2019 2:16 AM

The Grim Sleeper from LA area was also a black man who killed drug addicted/prostitutes that no one paid attention to because most were black women. ugh.

by Anonymousreply 55October 18, 2019 3:35 AM

I bet that Nazi bitch Rebekah Egghead is the Long Island serial killer. She has that deranged look and their Nazi encampment is in Long Island.

ARREST HER, just in case.

by Anonymousreply 56October 18, 2019 4:46 AM

Are you referring to Mercer, R56?

by Anonymousreply 57October 18, 2019 7:45 AM

Yes, r57, but I'm joking. Of course it's not her. I just hate her because she's an ugly bitch. Plus a Nazi.

by Anonymousreply 58October 18, 2019 4:00 PM

I wanted to be sure because I laughed thinking you were talking about her, but you underestimate her with the egghead comment. That Nazi bitch is an Easter Island statue with that massive head. Ugly to her very soul.

And boy, do I agree with the arresting part along with her cunt father. Evil family.

by Anonymousreply 59October 18, 2019 4:27 PM

All true r59.

by Anonymousreply 60October 18, 2019 10:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!