Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

King of Sweden Strips Five of His Grandchildren of Their HRH

The move was made to reduce tax-payer funding of the royal family. His affected children welcomed the move, but I would feel resentful if I were affected.

How would you feel?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57October 16, 2019 4:22 AM

I was hoping a hot young royal was being stripped naked.

by Anonymousreply 1October 8, 2019 1:38 AM

pissed

by Anonymousreply 2October 8, 2019 1:57 AM

Am I still in the will?

by Anonymousreply 3October 8, 2019 1:58 AM

I doubt they're too bothered. When someone's that far down the line of succession, it's probably a hindrance to having a normal life.

by Anonymousreply 4October 8, 2019 2:37 AM

They will still be princes and princesses. They just won’t be styled as HRH or be on the public payroll.

by Anonymousreply 5October 8, 2019 2:40 AM

"Prince" Andrew and "Princesses" Eugenie and Beatrice - you in trouble, gurls!

And "HRH" Henry Mountbatten-Windsor & his crotchfruit (he wants 2 kids) will probably get the axe too as soon as William becomes king.

by Anonymousreply 6October 14, 2019 12:45 PM

[quote] I doubt they're too bothered. When someone's that far down the line of succession, it's probably a hindrance to having a normal life.

Yes, getting taxpayer-funded houses, cars and travel is such a "hindrance"! I'd much rather go back to my old gig in Toronto!

by Anonymousreply 7October 14, 2019 12:49 PM

[Quote]I doubt they're too bothered

Yes I am sure they are so happy about having less money, people love having less money.

by Anonymousreply 8October 14, 2019 12:53 PM

Well, Prince Carl Philip of Sweden looks hot at 40!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 14, 2019 12:58 PM

I’d be pissed. It’s like being told you’re cut off.

by Anonymousreply 10October 14, 2019 1:15 PM

Not really, it's like being told you're not eligible for state-funded benefits anymore.

It's like being told that you need to get off state benefits and find a regular salaried job. Boohoo :).

by Anonymousreply 11October 14, 2019 1:37 PM

R11 do you wouldn’t be upset if you suddenly had to work after years of doing next to nothing?

by Anonymousreply 12October 14, 2019 1:45 PM

Prince Harry won't lose either. His father and brother will be king.

by Anonymousreply 13October 14, 2019 1:51 PM

[Quote] do you wouldn’t be upset if you suddenly had to work after years of doing next to nothing?

Well, they're still kids and never had real jobs. But damn, I would be pissed if all the free shit wasn't available anymore. I bet they had budgets for everything: clothes, travel, maids etc.

How much and who gets taxpayer money in the UK? All of the Queens children of course and William and Harry. But what about Andrew's, Anne's and Edward's kids? Are there rules? What about Archie since he is not a Royal Highness? Does he still get taxpayer money in the future?

by Anonymousreply 14October 14, 2019 2:08 PM

What I don't understand is why the King gave his daughter Madeleine's three children any titles at all. Their father refused a title. The King was an ass for doing it in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 15October 14, 2019 2:15 PM

The woman in OP's pic has quite the manjaw...

by Anonymousreply 16October 14, 2019 2:23 PM

I am sure the grandchildren were notified well in advance to adapt without initial growing pain during the transition period.

by Anonymousreply 17October 14, 2019 2:44 PM

All of the kings children are lovely. His youngest daughter is gorgeous, for a royal, and self-aware. The Prince is literally out a Disney movie, though a little shorter. The crown princess is plain and hard working, like Elizabeth. The King was understandable upset when the changed the law to allow the first born, no matter the gender, to become the heir apparent. His lovely son was pushed aside.

They are my favorite royal family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 14, 2019 3:59 PM

R14 None of the UK royal family receive taxpayer money. The Queen is given a percentage of the profits of the crown estate that she then uses to remunerate the royals who perform public engagements.

The non-working members of the family receive whatever she decides to give them from her private funds.

by Anonymousreply 19October 14, 2019 4:21 PM

Does he still give Minnie the things that she was needin'?

a home built of gold and steel

A diamond car, with the platinum wheels

by Anonymousreply 20October 14, 2019 5:00 PM

Is he still fucking that slut from Army of Lovers?

by Anonymousreply 21October 14, 2019 5:08 PM

R18 he is the most beautiful royal. Handsome dark features, great body, sexy swagger without obnoxiousness. And I prefer shorter guys

by Anonymousreply 22October 14, 2019 5:12 PM

It's a shame about his trollopy wife.

by Anonymousreply 23October 14, 2019 5:16 PM

Prince Carl Philip is gorgeous but dumb as rocks apparently.

by Anonymousreply 24October 14, 2019 5:38 PM

"dumb as rocks" you say, R24?

Picky-picky-picky.

I'll be the brains for BOTH of us.

by Anonymousreply 25October 14, 2019 6:05 PM

He's a professional prince with an HRH attached, you don't need to be smart. Actually, the dumber the better. Smart people are restless and may rock the boat.

by Anonymousreply 26October 14, 2019 6:12 PM

Sounds like Prince Andrew of the UK should learn from the Swedish Royals attitude and not be so pissy because his two useless daughters were taken off the Royal dole.

by Anonymousreply 27October 14, 2019 6:48 PM

It's a different situation in the UK. The Queen couldn't say no to Phillips cock, so she pumped out 4 brats that each had 2 offspring. This, along with the cousins, ballooned the size and cost of the RF. The last child was so useless that she didn't even make him a royal duke, how embarrassing. They made up a story about Edward liking the name Wessex after seeing Shakespeare in Love. Take it away Marsha...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 14, 2019 9:23 PM

Edward's inheriting Duke of Edinburgh, R28.

by Anonymousreply 29October 14, 2019 9:35 PM

Yes r29, which is a perfect cover for a rumored bastard child.

He's as ugly as the rest so I'm sure he's Phillips, but if he was a bastard then leaving him out of the Royal Duke tradition on his wedding day makes sense. I'm sure concession had to be made between the Queen and Phillip regarding the child, this could have been one of them. Yes, he's Royal, but he knows that he isn't on the same level as the rest of the children. But to show that they are one big happy family, he will inherit his "father's" title, after the man croaks. How convenient, if true.

by Anonymousreply 30October 14, 2019 9:40 PM

That makes no sense, R30. If Edward is illegitimate, it make no difference to whether he's real royalty or not, since that comes from the Queen.

by Anonymousreply 31October 14, 2019 9:42 PM

It's well documented that Andrew is Lilibet's favorite. Why I can't fathom. I don't know if the latest salacious tales about him and that nickel nosed pedo Epstein have soured her on him or not.

by Anonymousreply 32October 14, 2019 9:49 PM

The Queen has cut a lot of her cousins and other hangers-on out of the free money and they’ve accepted they need to get jobs of a sort. She’s also opened up some of her residences to the paying public to generate income (you can wander around a wing of Buckingham Palace whilst Her Majesty is in Balmoral for the summer, for example).

What’s this idea about Edward being a bastard?

by Anonymousreply 33October 14, 2019 9:53 PM

It's easy for the youngest to be the favorite. Parents are usually jaded by the actions of the older siblings and they get older which makes them yearn for their children. The youngest is the last to leave the nest (do any of them leave the Royal nest?) so they get a right person right time bonus points based on the pecking order. The first born is also a favorite, but for some Darwinian reason, Elizabeth couldn't bond with Charles. Maybe she sees her mortality in his hungry eyes and it makes her nervous for the after life.

by Anonymousreply 34October 14, 2019 9:55 PM

[quote] What’s this idea about Edward being a bastard?

Oh that's just the typical queer line from little fools who want others to think they actually know something about some member of the Royal Family.

by Anonymousreply 35October 14, 2019 9:55 PM

Just typical court gossip. Phillip was being his usual ungreatful self, sleeping around town. Some people think that the Queen had her own love affairs but forgot to ask the gentle noble to pull out.

by Anonymousreply 36October 14, 2019 9:56 PM

I see. I don’t think The Queen is too precious to do such things, but she honestly doesn’t seem like someone who could be bothered with it.

by Anonymousreply 37October 14, 2019 9:57 PM

Liz didn't bond with Charles when he was young because the Monarchy in those days was far more active and involved, and she was just too busy with the job at hand, and conducting good will visits to the various British holdings around the world. Charles himself has said, though it was a sad life for him, it was what had to be done. Seems like The Queen has made up for it in Charles' later years though. They seem quite close now He clearly adores her.

by Anonymousreply 38October 14, 2019 9:59 PM

The Hanovers (which the Windsors really are, as it's an unbroken line of descent from George I to Elizabeth II), have a history of not liking their immediate successors. George I hated George II, George II hated his son Frederick, Prince of Wales. The only reason Frederick didn't hate HIS son is he died too young, before even ascending the throne, but his son George III hated his son George IV. Victoria couldn't stand Edward VII, whose son George V was terrified of him, whose son George VI was terrified of HIM.

There were exceptions, of course. Daughters seem to have it easier, as George IV was apparently quite fond of his doomed daughter Caroline, and George VI adored Elizabeth. But Elizabeth's coldness to Charles and Charles' rumored coldness to William are part of a longstanding tradition in that family.

by Anonymousreply 39October 14, 2019 10:01 PM

I love their Royal Palace. It's grand but manageable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40October 14, 2019 10:04 PM

Prince Carl Philip is absurdly attractive. The Swedish royals seem like a nice family. Little Princess Leonore is a bit of a character.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41October 14, 2019 10:07 PM

r39 what odd balls. It seems like William is breaking the cycle, but George is young, plenty of time for William to roll his eyes at their son's bubbling queer ways. I smell a beard in his near future.

(I am 100% joking, the child is lovely.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42October 14, 2019 10:07 PM

r41 the cool thing is that if you marry into the Swedish Royal family you get to become a Prince or Princess, unlike the BRF. I'm sure it drove the BRF up the wall to hear the incorrect style, Princess Diana. Prince Carl Phillip's wife, Sofia, became a princess in her own right through the marriage. A cool little note.

Btw, something about her always looks off. I can't put my finger on it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43October 14, 2019 10:12 PM

R43 She has the look of low self esteem and daddy issues.

by Anonymousreply 44October 14, 2019 10:29 PM

Former King Carl-Gustaf is a randy ol' git. He's a big fan of strip clubs & mistresses. He was seen in the strip clubs in Atlanta during the 96 Olympics, and has been seen in the clubs in Stokholm & other cities around the world. Of course he has denied going to any of the clubs for years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45October 14, 2019 11:45 PM

I'm sorry, I mistakenly called him "former" King. I thought he had abdicated & his son had ascended. Well fuck me.

by Anonymousreply 46October 14, 2019 11:47 PM

Sadly the hot son will never be king, baring a plane crash with his sisters ad nieces onboard.

by Anonymousreply 47October 15, 2019 4:51 AM

[quote] [Carl Philip is] a professional prince with an HRH attached, you don't need to be smart. Actually, the dumber the better. Smart people are restless and may rock the boat.

Hear, hear!

by Anonymousreply 48October 15, 2019 12:05 PM

The youngest "princess" (Madeleine) lives in Miami - I don't see why the Swedish taxpayers should pay to fly her in once a month just to wave her hand for 30 min at some new Ikea opening.

The King of Sweden made the right call. He's trying to avoid backlash for growing expenses for younger siblings (who will never inherit the throne, so there's little point treating them as "royalty"), like what's happening in Britain.

by Anonymousreply 49October 15, 2019 12:12 PM

King Carl Gustav in the day. Poor Silvia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50October 15, 2019 12:16 PM

Honey, he was a Crown Prince. My ass would happily lay up under that r50. How often do you get a chance to become a royal consort?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51October 16, 2019 1:34 AM

I would be upset. If you're born with that title, and you're royal blood, you should keep it.

by Anonymousreply 52October 16, 2019 2:19 AM

They are still royal, but in the 21 century it makes sense to treat them like trust fund kids rather than layabout royals. Their parents will receive millions a year, they will be fine. The youngest Princess married a wealthy financier, so there will be no change to her children's life style. All of them will always have room in the palace. This seems like a close family that takes care of each other.

by Anonymousreply 53October 16, 2019 3:08 AM

They retain their prince and princess titles; they lose the HRH styles and taxpayer support.

by Anonymousreply 54October 16, 2019 3:16 AM

He should cut his wife's plastic surgery budget too because the woman is starting to look like a monster, with those bizarre mouth of hers. It's a shame because she was a really attractive woman when she was younger and would probably age amazingly well naturally.

by Anonymousreply 55October 16, 2019 3:38 AM

Two notes. The King's father died young, had big dick face, but married an ugly woman, hence the current king looks like a frog.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56October 16, 2019 4:16 AM

Note 2: Gustaf V of Sweden, the current King's Great-Grandfather, was caught up in a gay affair at the age of 75. Some shady guy tried to blackmail the old bird and the whole thing blew up in the 50s. P.S. The king looks so creepy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57October 16, 2019 4:22 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!