Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What types of things make you lose respect for someone?

Here's my example: I work in healthcare and I feel my boss is pretty exceptional. Double masters, smart as hell, great boss. But I could tell today he had been smoking before he came in to work and it surprises me to this day to encounter doctors and nurses who still smoke. I feel like... wow, don't you know better? All the diseases this causes? Yes, I do know nicotine is super addictive. Maybe he's trying to quit for all I know.

Would this make you lose respect? Or what other types of things turn you off of people?

by Anonymousreply 316October 20, 2019 1:40 PM

I have no respect for any Trump supporter. I immediately distance myself from anyone once I find out they are Dump fans.

by Anonymousreply 1October 7, 2019 5:51 PM

I agree with R1.

by Anonymousreply 2October 7, 2019 5:52 PM

Republicanism.

by Anonymousreply 3October 7, 2019 5:53 PM

Super intelligent people being religious. Trump supporters. Libertarians. People skeptical of vaccines and climate change.

by Anonymousreply 4October 7, 2019 5:53 PM

[quote] it surprises me to this day to encounter doctors and nurses who still smoke.

Smoking is one of the most addictive behaviors. It is exceptionally difficult to quit, particularly if you started before age 16, Yes, doctors and nurses know all about the dangers and have, likely, tried to quit time after time but just can't.

by Anonymousreply 5October 7, 2019 5:55 PM

I know a number of rather "smart" people who actually believe the BS Fox News feeds them

by Anonymousreply 6October 7, 2019 5:56 PM

I am not religious though raised Episcopalian. Normally I don't care what religion a person practices.

But I live in the South and where Southern Baptists are common. I never ask about another person's religion but if I Iearn they are Southern Baptist, I purposely don't have too much to do with them.

Would never date one, hire one, and I don't go beyond very superficial friendship.

by Anonymousreply 7October 7, 2019 6:02 PM

Religion. Anytime someone thanks Jesus for an accomplishment, or when someone says something trite and stupid like "it's God's plan", I subtract IQ points.

by Anonymousreply 8October 7, 2019 6:03 PM

I also lose respect for any pro lifers, but that probably also goes back to my hatred of religion and all things related. Men who care at all about abortion particularly creep me out.

by Anonymousreply 9October 7, 2019 6:04 PM

Well, people who eat their boogers is right at the top of MY list.

by Anonymousreply 10October 7, 2019 6:05 PM

Being a fan of the Patriots. Choose a better path, man.

by Anonymousreply 11October 7, 2019 6:08 PM

Learning they never registered to vote. If they're sentient, can hold a pen in their hand, are both over 30 and a lifelong citizen, they should vote.

Talking over me.

Distorting my views through selective pasting of my statement to make a point that otherwise could not be made from my statement's entirety.

Able-bodied people under the age of 25 not offering their public transit seat to a fellow passenger three times their age.

by Anonymousreply 12October 7, 2019 6:08 PM

Learning they never registered to vote. If they're sentient, can hold a pen in their hand, are both over 30 and a lifelong citizen, they should vote.

Talking over me.

Distorting my views through selective pasting of my statement to make a point that otherwise could not be made from my statement's entirety.

Able-bodied people under the age of 25 not offering their public transit seat to a fellow passenger three times their age.

by Anonymousreply 13October 7, 2019 6:08 PM

Anyone with a tattoo. Depending on the tattoo—even if it’s small—I wonder why anyone would deface their body with ink. If it’s a medium-sized or large tattoo, it’s a total turn-off.

So yes, I lose varying degrees of respect toward anyone with a tattoo.

by Anonymousreply 14October 7, 2019 6:16 PM

It can be difficult to bless those who spew disrespect such as R7, R8 and R9.

by Anonymousreply 15October 7, 2019 6:23 PM

I have a friend who talks a lot about ghosts in his house. This friend also hires a "healer" (no credentials such as an RN or an MD) to help with the ghosts and other problems. The "healer" is supposedly psychic or clairvoyant. I'm turned off whenever this friend starts talking in that vein.

by Anonymousreply 16October 7, 2019 6:26 PM

People who are religious and say things like "my faith" automatically lose respect. Smoking and Republicanism are factors, too. I also fully can't respect obese people. I don't mean overweight. I get people carry extra pounds and life's demands don't always make it easy to exercise and eat well. When you start wandering into obese territory, though, there are personality issues at play.

by Anonymousreply 17October 7, 2019 6:30 PM

Anti-vaxxers.

by Anonymousreply 18October 7, 2019 6:32 PM

OP - people like you lose my respect when they judge people on some minor human failing. With no background, no context, nothing. Sheesh! Mind your own fucking business!

by Anonymousreply 19October 7, 2019 6:32 PM

OP, I had no respect for you before so it doesn't pertain to this thread, but if you're the type who doesn't feel the same way about winos on the street as you do about a "supervisor" with an addiction, then you're a hypocrite and (perhaps) sexist racist, too.

AND sometimes i smell like smoke when I've walked past the smokers at a door or spent time near a relative who smokes. And I loathes smoking - as an ex-smoker.

by Anonymousreply 20October 7, 2019 6:35 PM

Face it: smoking has always been cool and always will be. I don't smoke myself but I've decided not to fault cool people who do cool things.

by Anonymousreply 21October 7, 2019 6:36 PM

People who get emotional about animals and profess that they care more about animals than human beings.

by Anonymousreply 22October 7, 2019 6:37 PM

Belief in a young earth, or a flat earth.

by Anonymousreply 23October 7, 2019 6:37 PM

Yes to anti-vaxxer fuckers. People who refer to their pets as "fur babies."

by Anonymousreply 24October 7, 2019 6:38 PM

And I loathes smoking -

R20 Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 25October 7, 2019 6:39 PM

Being overly-involved in astrology.

by Anonymousreply 26October 7, 2019 6:39 PM

Fervent toadying to a person referenced in the tweet "If we nominate Trump, we will get destroyed. And we will deserve it."

by Anonymousreply 27October 7, 2019 6:45 PM

Cheapness and rudeness

by Anonymousreply 28October 7, 2019 6:51 PM

People who refuse to control their anger

Inherantly miserable people who can't stand to see someone else be happy or successful, and try to make you as miserable as they are

by Anonymousreply 29October 7, 2019 6:54 PM

R19: Bravo. So many post remind me of how “inclusive “ we say we are.

by Anonymousreply 30October 7, 2019 7:00 PM

Hypocritical idiots who attempt to illustrate depth through meaningful quotes and proverbs provided by more critical thinkers, anyone who really needs to be at the center of every story/situation/etc, having a need for and cultivating a group of sycophants.

by Anonymousreply 31October 7, 2019 7:00 PM

Obese hausfrauen who spend their time waddling around their kids’ schools all day, every day, claiming to be “helping” the teachers. Usually wearing some type of way-too-tight, camel-toe producing spandex.

Have usually shit out 3-4 kids in quick succession to bind some sucker to them for life.

Can you tell I live in a trashy neighborhood?

by Anonymousreply 32October 7, 2019 7:10 PM

Lies. I don’t see why people lie about unimportant things, but it makes me wonder if anything they say is true. Never understood why they just don’t talk about whatever they can’t be honest discussing, because everyone is entitled to privacy. But telling me three different versions about what happened immediately makes me lose some respect for sure.

by Anonymousreply 33October 7, 2019 7:14 PM

I have a co-worker I have always liked. But she shocked the hell out of me in 2018 when she admitted that she never voted. She's intelligent, educated, reads the news. I'm sure my mouth was agape. She said, "well, I don't see the point - they're all bought and paid for by corporations, and they vote the way their donors tell them to, so I don't bother". I couldn't totally fault her reasoning, but my argument was that you could find lots of well-intentioned politicians if you looked hard enough, and even if their track record has only been 60/40 good, that's a lot better than someone whose track record is 100% horrible. I also said that it was my rule that if you don't vote, you can't bitch about politics in my presence. She got a little defensive, but I just wheeled on my heels and left the room, to prove the point.

by Anonymousreply 34October 7, 2019 7:24 PM

When I find out someone believes in astrology and/or psychics.

by Anonymousreply 35October 7, 2019 7:27 PM

Trump. Jeezus. The GOP.

by Anonymousreply 36October 7, 2019 7:29 PM

I lose respect for older men who only want to get with younger men, typically half their age or younger. They get extra vileness points if they use drugs or money to lure these guys.

by Anonymousreply 37October 7, 2019 7:33 PM

I've lost respect for a handful of friends and relatives over the years based solely on how they present on Facebook, Twitter, etc. Any or all of the following:

Vaguebooking, Vaguetweeting, etc.

Poor spelling and grammar

Liking or sharing fake news

Constant selfies

by Anonymousreply 38October 7, 2019 7:35 PM

Immigrants who are really liberal when it comes to their newfound countries but who are really nationalistic/prideful when it comes to the countries they left. Cognitive Dissonance at its most infuriating.

SJWs who use all kinds of techniques, including swearing, name-calling and screaming, to silence any kind of discussion, let alone disagreement. One of their favorite quotes is "always take sides, not taking sides means the oppressor wins!". They love to use this quote.

"Libertarians" who are just conservatives in disguise. I can deal with libertarians who are economically conservative but socially liberal. I cannot deal with"libertarians" who are right-wing both economically and socially. It doesn't even make any sense.

People who never thank others.

People who never apologize, especially those who can easily criticize others or put others in their place. I find this really irritating and a big character flaw. And when these people act as if you owe them an apology for bringing something to their attention, that's when i say "fuck you!".

by Anonymousreply 39October 7, 2019 7:40 PM

Fat people wearing workout clothes while plotzing in scooters. People who don't, apparently, brush their teeth or wash their asses. People who say, 'Expecially' or 'Febooary'.

by Anonymousreply 40October 7, 2019 7:43 PM

Anti- Smoking/Drinking/Grass/Drugs... Looking at you OP. Also Pro-Vaxxers who want to ridicule those who believe in personal bodily autonomy, and limiting government's control over individuals by labeling them all as "Anti-Vaxxers".

No vaccines come without risks, and the science isn't "settled" either. My body; my choice. Sheeple promote this sort of thinking, and name calling.

by Anonymousreply 41October 7, 2019 7:44 PM

strangers that police others behavior

by Anonymousreply 42October 7, 2019 7:44 PM

R41, You need to be quarantined if you believe that. If you don't get vaccinated, you are endangering other peoples lives.

by Anonymousreply 43October 7, 2019 7:45 PM

I wish Muriel gave us more FFs per day. I would then in turn give them to such moral reprobates as r15 and r21.

by Anonymousreply 44October 7, 2019 7:50 PM

I was so stressed in medical school that I began smoking. It helped calm me down and keep me awake for my 30 hour shifts as a resident. I was not alone and there was usually a pack with cigarettes in a drawer in the call room to share.

It was a coping mechanism for one of the shittiest times in my life.

Yes I stopped, but it took a while and I usually never smoked than 4-5 cigs/day so I wasn't completely addicted like others. I don't chastise my patients for smoking; rather I help them explore ways to stop

by Anonymousreply 45October 7, 2019 7:51 PM

people who go on and on about what mental diseases they have and what medicines they're on.

by Anonymousreply 46October 7, 2019 7:53 PM

R5, as he starts his fifth pack of the day.

by Anonymousreply 47October 7, 2019 7:54 PM

R43 You're ignorant and have been brainwashed. I happen to be an epileptic, with an autoimmune disease. Vaccines are clearly prohibited for me. My Epilepsy began after having a second, and needless Tdap vaccine in an ER.

People who have had one severe reaction to jabs are not to be subjected to further ones. Check with the leading health authorities. People who suffer Crohn's, MS, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psoriatic Arthritis, Hasimoto's, and Graves' disease should also not receive vaccines.

If you believe in your country's vaccine schedule, and "herd immunity", you have nothing to fear being around someone no longer taking vaccines, (as in my case), or others who have never had them for other reasons.

People undergoing chemo, or taking biological drugs should not be receiving jabs either.

by Anonymousreply 48October 7, 2019 7:56 PM

I've seen a lot of gays (of all races) put on their dating/hook up app profiles "I will ask you if you like Beyonce. And there is a correct answer!". WTF? She's just some celebrity, why do you care so much if people like her? I automatically swipe left or ignore these people.

by Anonymousreply 49October 7, 2019 8:02 PM

[quote]"I will ask you if you like Beyonce. And there is a correct answer!"

And it is "no."

by Anonymousreply 50October 7, 2019 8:05 PM

R48 Your post contains some nonsense.

I am very bothered by folks posting medical nonsense/

Certain vaccines contain inactivated viral material (such as the flu shot) and are safe to take by those with MS/RA as long as they are not on steroids. They cannot be given the Flumist nasal spray which is live.

Certain vaccines such as shingles are live, attenuated vaccines and are to be avoided by those on immunosuppressants.

by Anonymousreply 51October 7, 2019 8:07 PM

- Tattoos - Educated and religious - Phone always in hand like extension of arm - Highly paid managers pushing responsibility on lower paid staff - The critic who has never created anything of their own

by Anonymousreply 52October 7, 2019 8:08 PM

Any Trump supporter, deserves no respect.

by Anonymousreply 53October 7, 2019 8:09 PM

Anyone pro-Brexit. We’re way past the point now where leaving the EU looks in any way, shape or form like a good idea. I automatically assume that If you’re a pro-Brexiter then you’re a thick, racist cunt. I’m yet to be proved wrong. x

by Anonymousreply 54October 7, 2019 8:12 PM

R51 Doctor, with all due respect, the inserts from pharma directly contradict what you are advising for people with auto-immune disease. No where does it state you only need to worry if on steroids.

In point of fact, being on biologics rather than corticosteroids, one has to sequester himself away from others who have recently been vaccinated. Time will vary depending on dose, and which jab is in question. You need to update yourself. Nothing I posted is untrue, or incorrect.

Next, you're going to say there is no such thing as vaccine injury, and I should be getting them too.

by Anonymousreply 55October 7, 2019 8:20 PM

R55 I don't argue with antivaxxers but for those reading this please note that if you have autoimmune illness, some vaccines are important and safe to get

Re MS (which I happen to have!) - THIS IS FROM THE NATIONAL MS SOCIETY:

"Preventing infections through vaccine use is a key part of medical care for people with MS. People with MS should receive vaccines according to standard vaccine guidelines. Before receiving any vaccine, you should talk with your healthcare provider about any MS medicine you are using."

Flu shots ("dead" virus" } are safe for those with MS as long as they are not on steroids and some immunomodulators.

by Anonymousreply 56October 7, 2019 8:34 PM

Flu Jabs are not safe at all for those suffering Hashimoto's disease. It is contraindicated in the leaflets included with the vials.

by Anonymousreply 57October 7, 2019 8:35 PM

R56 I wish you all the best with your MS, and hopefully you are in remission. I haven't a clue why you would want to prompt and stimulate your immune system in any way. This seems in direct competition with the treatment plan.

by Anonymousreply 58October 7, 2019 8:38 PM

R55 Anti-Vaxxers are NOT the same as vaccine injured individuals with medical exemptions. This is tantamount to name-calling.

Anti-Vaxxers are also NOT the same as those who believe in personal choice regarding their bodies and healthcare.

Anti-Vaxxers ARE those who believe ALL vaccines are ineffective and harmful for ALL individuals. They often, but not always believe there is a vast conspiracy between pharma and government.

Everyone should learn these differences, and treat others with respect if they wish to remain credible, and be believed.

by Anonymousreply 59October 7, 2019 8:48 PM

Social media humblebragging

by Anonymousreply 60October 7, 2019 8:51 PM

Calling children “kiddos!” and pets “fur children.”

by Anonymousreply 61October 7, 2019 8:51 PM

reviewing a recipe and claiming that even people who loathe the primary ingredient will LOVE this dish

by Anonymousreply 62October 7, 2019 8:54 PM

Harming animals, voting Republican, have bad feelings or taking bad actions against the poor, being greedy. Everyone wants to live a nice life but once we have that, enough is fucking enough. No one needs planes and yachts and extremely expensive anything, that is just pure greed and a need to show off. Oh and being power hungry.

by Anonymousreply 63October 7, 2019 8:58 PM

Scientology

by Anonymousreply 64October 7, 2019 9:00 PM

I cannot respect anyone who supports trump....or keep them around as friends

by Anonymousreply 65October 7, 2019 9:01 PM

[quote] pets “fur children.”

Fur babies as well. Ewww.

by Anonymousreply 66October 7, 2019 9:05 PM

People who write 1000 essays about the British Royal Family.

by Anonymousreply 67October 7, 2019 9:06 PM

As with others, if I find out they support Trump, they're out of my life. In fact, if they still in 2019 identify as a Republican than I laugh at them and cut them out of my life. Family included.

by Anonymousreply 68October 7, 2019 9:06 PM

I understand not respecting Trump supporters. I don't respect them. But aren't gullible people with more money than sense, easily manipulated people who act on emotions first rather than think critically the sort of people useful for when one's needing/wanting some money. Thar's gold in them thar rubes.

by Anonymousreply 69October 7, 2019 9:11 PM

I lose respect for myself too when I mistype "than" when I meant "then."

by Anonymousreply 70October 7, 2019 9:11 PM

People who have open marriages. I know it’s their choice, but I still can’t help but to have no respect for people like that.

by Anonymousreply 71October 7, 2019 9:11 PM

Health care workers who refuse to get a flu shot. They're putting themselves and their clients at risk. It should be mandatory, except for documented health issues, for everyone involved in medical care.

by Anonymousreply 72October 7, 2019 9:15 PM

Lack of curiosity in the world around them.

And bad teeth.

by Anonymousreply 73October 7, 2019 9:20 PM

People who treat waitstaff badly.

by Anonymousreply 74October 7, 2019 9:22 PM

I got Morgellons in 2005 after a flu vaccine. On the upside, I'm a knitter and produce my own yarns.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75October 7, 2019 9:24 PM

It's interesting you should mention bad teeth, R73. I'm seeing more and more people with bad teeth around the country. It's a sign people don't have the finances to care for them. A small symptom of the dying out of the middle class.

by Anonymousreply 76October 7, 2019 9:24 PM

You've got fibers in your brain, R75. You better get some essential oils stat!

by Anonymousreply 77October 7, 2019 9:26 PM

When people are rude or belittling to waitstaff, help or workers, and seem proud of it.

by Anonymousreply 78October 7, 2019 9:31 PM

Good point R74, or really treat anyone who has to serve them in some way badly.

by Anonymousreply 79October 7, 2019 9:31 PM

R76 It is also bad for systemic or holistic health to have bad teeth, and remain untreated. Not only has it been associated with arterial plaques, but also considered a co-factor in some dementias. Bad teeth can also cause chronic inflammation which taxes the body's immune system. Much of the American middle class currently struggling are foregoing eye exams and dental care. This is sadly especially true for many eeking by soley on social security benefits.

by Anonymousreply 80October 7, 2019 9:33 PM

People who constantly ask for help. They've probably been making other people do their work for them for their entire lives.

by Anonymousreply 81October 7, 2019 10:05 PM

People who use words like cunt to describe a man. I immediately tune them out/block them.

by Anonymousreply 82October 7, 2019 10:22 PM

People who claim other people's work as their own. I have a co-worker who has made a career of this. Everyone knows and no one seems to care. I keep waiting for it to blow up in his face. I lay low, hoping for an opportunity to destroy him before I retire.

by Anonymousreply 83October 7, 2019 10:23 PM

That's right, R82. Goddamnit, only women are cunts.

Oy vey!

by Anonymousreply 84October 7, 2019 10:45 PM

Men can be pricks, R84. Any form of sexism makes me lose respect/tune people out.

by Anonymousreply 85October 7, 2019 10:52 PM

for me personally, when i tell people of the insidious evil cult that is scientology and all that they do basically north korea mixed with organized crime and a pyramid money scheme scam abusing members in every definition of abuse, stalking and harassing and trying to ruin ex-members and critics, and mysterious deaths, missing persons, and on and on and on and on, and tell them how tom cruise is thee public face of it, knows what is going on and turns a blind eye to it because he is addicted to the 24/7 royal ass kissing they give him now for decades AND OH BY THE WAY he is also a dead beat father who hasn't seen his youngest daughter in 8 years and counting, these people ignore ALL OF THIS and say "yeah, i know, i hear what your saying, but i love his movies and i'm still going to go to see them!"...

EVEN after i tell them when you pay to see his movies you are literally contributing to that cult and figuratively slapping the faces of all it has and continues to hurt!....

their selfish self absorbed entertainment for 2 hours is more important to them then anything?

by Anonymousreply 86October 7, 2019 10:54 PM

You tell 'em, R82. And don't forget, anyone can be an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 87October 7, 2019 11:08 PM

People who get butthurt when you insult their favorite artists. I told a friend Madonna should retire since there is no such thing as a 60 year old successful pop star and he was pissed.

by Anonymousreply 88October 7, 2019 11:13 PM

Littering, throwing trash on the ground.

by Anonymousreply 89October 7, 2019 11:20 PM

Wearing satin heels to a casino. It screams try-hard hooker.

by Anonymousreply 90October 8, 2019 12:44 AM

Doing Go Fund Me for their pet’s health issues.

by Anonymousreply 91October 8, 2019 12:57 AM

People who repeat conspiracy theories.

by Anonymousreply 92October 8, 2019 1:11 AM

Any right-leaning ideology (businesspeople are good politicians. Anti-choice, racists etc), low intelligence, people who are too obsessed with outward appearance, people who don’t read.

by Anonymousreply 93October 8, 2019 1:25 AM

Working as a substanceless "social media influencer" by posting vague, oversimplistic comments praising people and products that are rightly scorned by the majority.

by Anonymousreply 94October 8, 2019 1:30 AM

I lost respect for a friend in his 70s who is out with friends and co-workers, but gave some lame excuse to his niece when she asked why he wasn't married.

by Anonymousreply 95October 8, 2019 1:43 AM

R7 it's so much easier being an Episcopalian than a Roman Catholic. You deal with only one sin, The Sin of Poor Taste.

by Anonymousreply 96October 8, 2019 1:44 AM

People who lack a sense of humor, especially if they police other peoples jokes. If you find a joke offensive, ok. Don't make it your lifelong mission to kill everyone else's joy.

by Anonymousreply 97October 8, 2019 1:47 AM

I lose respect because of table manners., especially putting used sugar packets and paper napkins on the plate, Only food and silverware should touch a dish.

by Anonymousreply 98October 8, 2019 1:50 AM

For me, I have no respect for people who bite their nails. It's right up there with smoking and obesity.

by Anonymousreply 99October 8, 2019 1:55 AM

I'm left speechless when men of my age group [I'll be 61 next February] sero convert to HIV+. We were carpet bombed with information about how the virus is transmitted. When they tell me, "I just wasn't careful enough of the time," my mind boggles.

by Anonymousreply 100October 8, 2019 1:57 AM

R22 The older I get, the more I notice that people who say they care more about animals than people are generally callus and uncaring towards ANY person. I get being an animal lover, but these nuts flip out when an animal character dies in a movie.

by Anonymousreply 101October 8, 2019 2:22 AM

Their use of gerunds. Once used incorrectly, the regrettable abuse of a gerund is beyond forgivable for me. Truly.

by Anonymousreply 102October 8, 2019 3:04 AM

Religion

Republican

Does drugs

Dishonest in a petty way

by Anonymousreply 103October 8, 2019 3:07 AM

Trump Supporters

People obsessed with the British royal family, especially Markle haters

People who think God has a plan for their life

People who watch the Bachelor shows

People with more than 4 kids

Straight people who fetish gay people, especially the stalkers

Prolifers

People who rehome or abandon their pets

Anti-Vax people

by Anonymousreply 104October 8, 2019 3:19 AM

Gay, white SJW gays OBSESSED with the TRANS!

Really, they rarely have any as friends and act like people involved with animal rescue groups act, almost like a fetish.

by Anonymousreply 105October 8, 2019 3:39 AM

Those that are judgemental. You just never know someone's circumstances. I'm dyslexic and people judge that I am not intelligent. BTW, the Oh Dear poster, fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 106October 8, 2019 3:42 AM

No sense of humor is a big one. My least favorite recent trend are the woker than woke people bringing up a movie or TV show from 30 years ago and discussing how racist/homophobic/bioted/anti-trans it is. Who cares? Most kids these days aren't even curious enough to check out this movie or TV show in the first place because it's "old" to them.

by Anonymousreply 107October 8, 2019 3:43 AM

Liars. If I catch you in one, you’re dead to me.

by Anonymousreply 108October 8, 2019 3:43 AM

I agree about waitstaff. I also lose respect for anyone who treats anybody in customer service like garbage especially for no other reason than they think they're above them. I hate people who act like elitist cunts.

I lose respect for people who say they will come to a birthday party/anniversary party/wedding and then flake out days before, affecting the planner's numbers and stressing them out. I had a 40th birthday party and at least five people flaked out days before hand, including one on the day of. I've never forgotten it. I attended all of their parties (and no, none of them were sick). It was obvious they were just waiting for something better to come along.

I also lose respect for co-workers who gauge the system, call in sick weekly forcing others to do their work. My favourite was a co-worker who called in sick on the day of Secret Santa at work (she called in at least once a week) and the person she was supposed to buy for didn't get a present. Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 109October 8, 2019 3:43 AM

[quote] I lose respect for people who say they will come to a birthday party/anniversary party/wedding and then flake out days before, affecting the planner's numbers and stressing them out. I had a 40th birthday party and at least five people flaked out days before hand, including one on the day of. I've never forgotten it.

That really is crappy. People have no integrity. What's so hard about committing to damn birthday party (and showing up)? I usually don't go to parties, but I will RSVP right away: No.

by Anonymousreply 110October 8, 2019 3:49 AM

Anyone who watches or follows the Kartrashians.

They must die.

by Anonymousreply 111October 8, 2019 3:51 AM

R101, 100%. I have met several "animal lovers" who lack empathy towards humans. There is something off with a lot of those people.

by Anonymousreply 112October 8, 2019 12:31 PM

[quote]I lose respect because of table manners., especially putting used sugar packets and paper napkins on the plate, Only food and silverware should touch a dish.

What a comically misguided bit of snobbery. Do you set your table at home with paper napkins? Do you regularly schedule dates and business meetings for greasy spoon diners?

The manners involved at that stage of the meal are in consideration of the people who will be cleaning up after you. Don't put a cloth napkin on a plate. (For SUPER CLASSY signalling, don't remove the napkin from your lap until you are leaving.) Paper napkins and used sugar packets are going in the trash along with any food left on your plate. Don't drop paper trash on a pool of syrup, but other than that, don't worry about it.

Good manners are supposed to be a social lubricant, not a test. Assessing negative points to someone for behavior that isn't even discourteous because of your own watered down sense of the rules is missing the forest for the trees.

by Anonymousreply 113October 8, 2019 1:31 PM

Crazy, neurotic, narcissistic people who insist that psychotherapy is a fraud and doesn't work are at the top of my list.

by Anonymousreply 114October 8, 2019 1:36 PM

any trump supporter

by Anonymousreply 115October 8, 2019 1:41 PM

I have Hashimitos and I am planning to get my flu shot this week. What on earth else could the flu shot cause me? I'm already fat from the Hashimitos, I don't want to be dead from the flu, too.

by Anonymousreply 116October 8, 2019 1:52 PM

r102, you ought to try diagramming your second sentence. Hint: dangling modifier issue.

by Anonymousreply 117October 8, 2019 2:06 PM

Doctors literally have the most stressful and horrible jobs of all time, so if they want to smoke, let them! They know the health detriments just as much as every other person that smokes. That being said, I lose respect for anyone that's overly religious or hates weed.

by Anonymousreply 118October 8, 2019 2:09 PM

Being friends with George W. Bush.

#EllenIsCanceled

by Anonymousreply 119October 8, 2019 2:10 PM

People who hate trans people and claim they're an enormous issue.

People who think it's okay to spew any kind of bigotry, or hatred as long as you say "It's a joke."

by Anonymousreply 120October 8, 2019 2:26 PM

Homophobic, sexist, racist and transphobic people are dead to me. Also the ones who mock people for their suffering and try to make their lives even harder (a surprisingly common thing).

So 60% of DL, basically.

by Anonymousreply 121October 8, 2019 2:42 PM

People who yammer on and on about their diets and workout plans. Also, people who think they are so-oooo fucking important that they can't possible put their God damned phones down for even one second. People who have loud, inane cellphone conversations in public places like at airport gates and in doctors' waiting rooms. Jesus Christ on a Crutch!

by Anonymousreply 122October 8, 2019 4:49 PM

Douche-Brahs who can't shut the fuck up about either BACON or CRAFT BEER. For the Love of GOD!!!

by Anonymousreply 123October 8, 2019 4:50 PM

R122, i so hear you! um, unless your a doctor on call at the emergency room, 99.9% of people and their conversations are NOT that important! much less when one is driving!..

the other day i sat in a packed theater and before the movie started, LITERALLY everyone was on their cell phone? are these people so obsessed with their phones and themselves they have to be entertained 24/7 and can't sit quietly observing people watching and oh i don't know thinking about life for a few minutes before a movie starts? i sat there surrounded and all i could think was THEY ARE LOOK PATHETIC!...

guess i'm just a old fuddy duddy!...

by Anonymousreply 124October 8, 2019 4:59 PM

Ridiculing the overweight as they down their second bottle of wine.

by Anonymousreply 125October 8, 2019 5:06 PM

[quote]What types of things make you lose respect for someone?

When I had to find out he was a serial killer ON MY OWN!

by Anonymousreply 126October 8, 2019 5:08 PM

Wearing sports team jerseys.

by Anonymousreply 127October 8, 2019 5:16 PM

When privileged people of wealth/fame OD on drugs. Being a spoiled junkie is nothing to be proud of. And I have little sympathy for them. There are many middle-class/poor people out there hooked on drugs who have limited resources to help themselves. Feel sorry for these people, not people like Mac Miller.

by Anonymousreply 128October 8, 2019 5:17 PM

People who cross fit and talk about it constantly. Which sis all if them. People whose identity is 80% I eat meat.

by Anonymousreply 129October 8, 2019 5:33 PM

OP = Brooke Shields

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130October 8, 2019 5:42 PM

People comfortable middle class and above without the desire to attempt traveling outside of their country. What’s worse are those people, usually older Boomers who have never left their state. Baffling, but I’ve met two people like that. And they were in the south.

People who spit indoors, like why? Not even dogs do that crap outside of a sickness.

by Anonymousreply 131October 8, 2019 5:42 PM

I just don't understand the prejudice toward religion. I'm college educated and intelligent and I get a great deal of peace from my faith, prayer and meditation. I don't try to convert anyone. I never bring up religion in conversation. I am never judgmental about atheists and agnostics. My faith is helping me to live with a serious cancer diagnosis. So who am I hurting?

by Anonymousreply 132October 8, 2019 6:00 PM

Liars, cheats, thieves, right wing beliefs, and bullies.

by Anonymousreply 133October 8, 2019 6:07 PM

R132-no one. I think people are referencing the ones who carry on about their faith and become judgmental of those who don't share it. Very best wishes for dealing with your diagnosis. I hope you are doing well.

by Anonymousreply 134October 8, 2019 6:16 PM

R72 When nurses (it is always RNs or LVN/LPNs) who refuse the flu vaccine it enrages me. In my 20 years as a physician, I have never known a healthy physician refuse the vaccine. It is always (usually morbidly obese) RNs that pull this stunt after running to their unions.

We get the flu vaccine to promote herd immunity and keep from killing our immunocompromised and elderly patients.

by Anonymousreply 135October 8, 2019 6:18 PM

^^^ Fat-o-phobe!

by Anonymousreply 136October 8, 2019 6:53 PM

R132, I'm sorry for your cancer diagnosis :-(. Big hugs from me! You aren't hurting anyone. I only hate religious people if they promote the superiority of their religion, use their religion as a nationalist tool or use it to discriminate against others.

by Anonymousreply 137October 8, 2019 7:00 PM

I judge alot of bumper stickers when I'm sitting in traffic:

Anything pro-Trump All Lives Matter 26.2 or 13.1 Baby on Board (what is the purpose of this? I'm saying this as someone who has kids) Anything pro-life or religious Anything about your pets and any stick figure families.

by Anonymousreply 138October 8, 2019 7:08 PM

Baby on board makes SE CS if you have a car accident, but I doubt people could miss a car seat.

by Anonymousreply 139October 8, 2019 7:23 PM

sense ^

by Anonymousreply 140October 8, 2019 7:24 PM

People who drink bottled water (small containers) as a regular thing. How hard is it to get a Brita water filter and reuse a drinking container?

by Anonymousreply 141October 8, 2019 7:44 PM

R132, I hate people who use Religion as a weapon, so basically every conservative Christian, every fake-Christian GOP Nazi, and every hater who use the bible as a shield. And the same goes for Muslims and every other religion that engenders hatred in the minds of its followers.

I have no issue with people who want to live their own lives and practice their religion without trying to use it to control and persecute others.

by Anonymousreply 142October 8, 2019 8:00 PM

Baptist in the South are relentless in trying to codify their religious beliefs into state law, a prime example being abortion bans.

Many counties in the South are still “dry counties.”

Why? Because of Baptists.

by Anonymousreply 143October 8, 2019 8:10 PM

I always try to show some understanding, but people who are not only in the closet, but also married with kids or lying to everyone and using someone as an involuntary beard lose my respect forever.

by Anonymousreply 144October 8, 2019 9:25 PM

All religion is a lie. It's all made up bullshit. It's magical thinking, and thus childish, and thus I lose respect for any grown adults who still are stuck in that childish thinking.

by Anonymousreply 145October 9, 2019 1:35 AM

Finding out someone prefers Miracle Whip to Mayonnaise.

by Anonymousreply 146October 9, 2019 3:47 AM

People (Americans) that go to Disneylands in exotic locales like Tokyo and Paris. That's a lack of fucking imagination. Go to the one in Anaheim. Do something else in Tokyo and Paris.

by Anonymousreply 147October 9, 2019 3:51 AM

I lose all respect for a poster who ‘accidentally’ post to the wrong thread.

by Anonymousreply 148October 9, 2019 3:52 AM

It does happen once in a great while, R148. You post a reply and it ends up in a previous thread.

by Anonymousreply 149October 9, 2019 3:55 AM

R149 I was just joking.

by Anonymousreply 150October 9, 2019 3:56 AM

Oh, well ... okay then.

by Anonymousreply 151October 9, 2019 4:05 AM

R151 I love you. 😘

by Anonymousreply 152October 9, 2019 4:06 AM

Any man who wears skinny jeans or a man bun. He is a total douche.

by Anonymousreply 153October 9, 2019 4:08 AM

I work in an industry where there are rules, and there are procedures and both exist in the name of "Safety". And a lot of times my superiors exercise their own definition or pursuit of "Safety." Sometimes I agree with them, sometimes I don't, but still respect it. But when I catch them inconsistently applying their judgment of safety, they've lost me.

by Anonymousreply 154October 9, 2019 4:13 AM

When I find out someone didn't vote for Hillary in November of 2016, I lose a ton of respect for them.

by Anonymousreply 155October 9, 2019 4:16 AM

Bad tippers. Or anyone who's a cheapskate.

by Anonymousreply 156October 9, 2019 4:34 AM

I lose respect for people who borrow from friends or family and don't pay them back. It's a blessing to have someone in your life who is willing to help you when you're down, and not everyone has that. Appreciate it, you pieces of shit. Also, people who steal from individuals who work for what they have, and or are poor. I don't particularly care about people who shoplift from big companies, or things like that, but how can a person steal from a friend or relative or neighbor knowing they have to struggle and work for their belongings? Or mom and pop businesses?

by Anonymousreply 157October 9, 2019 5:01 AM

R157 here, I want to add that I'm not saying it's ok to steal under any circumstances, but when it's done in those circumstances, it really pisses me off and makes me lose respect for the person.

by Anonymousreply 158October 9, 2019 5:05 AM

I also lose repect for people who harshly, coldly, judge people who are down. Whether it's the homeless, addicts, mentally or physically ill, poor people, minorities. You don't have to help, but keep it moving and keep your repulsive opinions to yourself if you can't muster some fucking human compassion and empathy.

by Anonymousreply 159October 9, 2019 5:11 AM

Yes, r159. No one on DL gets me as down as the cunts who go on about "the poors."

by Anonymousreply 160October 9, 2019 5:13 AM

Ugh, my ex r146. That should have been my cue to leave.

by Anonymousreply 161October 9, 2019 10:52 AM

When his domicile reeks of either cat piss or Glade. One does not eliminate the horribility of the other. It exacerbates it.

by Anonymousreply 162October 9, 2019 11:25 AM

Anyone who treats me like shit.

by Anonymousreply 163October 9, 2019 11:28 AM

Those who cannot ever let something go and move on with their lives

People who are mentally ill but refuse treatment that could help them (or make them less dangerous/less of a burden)

by Anonymousreply 164October 9, 2019 11:46 AM

Ugh, R164. I know someone like that. Her life could have been infinitely better had she sought help 30 years ago, but no, that would have been a sign of weakness. It was so much better to have permanently fucked her life with bi-polar life choices.

by Anonymousreply 165October 9, 2019 12:02 PM

People who think of ill people as a burden/danger. And, because it's socially unacceptable to hate on cancer patients, the venom's always directed at the mentally ill, as it's still okay to bully the 'crazies'. But make no mistake, these people won't stay around in your hour of need and non-mental illness either.

by Anonymousreply 166October 9, 2019 1:20 PM

People who complain about paying taxes.

by Anonymousreply 167October 9, 2019 5:59 PM

Anti-smoking Nazis.

by Anonymousreply 168October 9, 2019 6:11 PM

Suck on this, r168. Just suck on it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169October 9, 2019 6:13 PM

Judgmental queens aren't high on my list

Yes, OP, talking about you.

by Anonymousreply 170October 9, 2019 6:42 PM

Most of you sound irrationally intolerant and quick to judge.

Re. the baby on board sign in cars, these days when I see one of those signs on a car in a parking lot, I check to make there isn't a hot tot strapped into a car seat, accidentally left behind.

by Anonymousreply 171October 9, 2019 7:04 PM

Self centered, selfish, stingy people.

Rudeness and discourtesy.

People who dominate a conversation by only talking about themselves.

Two faced people and backstabbers.

by Anonymousreply 172October 9, 2019 7:06 PM

People who proudly say they don’t care about politics and had never voted.

People who brag about money and make it the central focus of their lives.

Pettiness.

by Anonymousreply 173October 9, 2019 7:20 PM

R113 as a server, I don't appreciate people who they're doing me a favor by piling-up the dishes. Anything on the plate slows the kitchen guys from getting them into the dishwasher.

by Anonymousreply 174October 9, 2019 7:23 PM

R117 I've been upset by gentlemen offering dangling propositions.

by Anonymousreply 175October 9, 2019 7:27 PM

If I find out someone is (Still) a Republican, If I find out someone is a cheater and If I find out someone is a huge slut especially an unsafe one I lose a lot of respect for them.

by Anonymousreply 176October 9, 2019 7:29 PM

If someone has no issue with showing up late to things, I think that's really disrespectful.

by Anonymousreply 177October 9, 2019 7:52 PM

r177, I will agree with that if things have a specific start time, like a dinner, movie, show, etc. or when others are waiting for you. I often arrive late and/or leave functions early and get a lot of flack for it and never quite understand why people act all put out. I am more likely to decline invitations as a result. Sorry, but five+ hours at a wedding is too long. I don't want to be at anyone's BBQ or Superbowl party for more than a couple of hours. I show up, socialize, and leave when I've had enough, or have something else to do.

by Anonymousreply 178October 9, 2019 8:06 PM

Republicans. Murderers. People who mistreat animals.

Death to them all.

by Anonymousreply 179October 9, 2019 8:16 PM

Tokyo is supposed to be the best Disneyland and I'm a big Disney fan. But even I think it's ludicrous to go to Japan and spend time going to it. I am ashamed to say I have been to Disneyland Paris. They have the best Thunder Mountain Railroad. I of course would not admit this to anyone.

by Anonymousreply 180October 9, 2019 9:00 PM

People who waste time at work. They may be sticking it to their employer by stealing time, but they are also putting extra burden on their team mates. Just stop.

by Anonymousreply 181October 9, 2019 9:27 PM

I feel ya, R181. These people should be kicked hard in the rear, and let's not exclude the managers who allow them to do so.

by Anonymousreply 182October 9, 2019 10:24 PM

Smoking, not caring about the environment or animals, willful ignorance/bigotry, having money and throwing it in peoples faces, thinking you're better than anyone, smoking, right wing views.

by Anonymousreply 183October 9, 2019 10:27 PM

Bad taste.

by Anonymousreply 184October 9, 2019 10:37 PM

Throwing recyclables in the trash.

Throwing trash in the recycle bin.

by Anonymousreply 185October 9, 2019 11:24 PM

fat cardiologists

by Anonymousreply 186October 9, 2019 11:25 PM

Christian. Republican. Trump supporter.

by Anonymousreply 187October 9, 2019 11:29 PM

People who have to be the only funny person in the room and scowl if someone else makes a successful joke

by Anonymousreply 188October 9, 2019 11:36 PM

Smoking is one for me as well.

Unmarried people (I find that these are mostly women) who have sleepovers with their kids at home.

by Anonymousreply 189October 9, 2019 11:50 PM

I knew somebody in a company where I worked who was handsome and and very likeable. Then somebody told me he was a gun collector. This creeped me out when I looked at him from then on.

by Anonymousreply 190October 10, 2019 12:23 AM

When I find out someone is homophobic. Misogyny, homophobia and racism are the unholy triad of a truly terrible person, irrespective of political affiliation.

by Anonymousreply 191October 10, 2019 12:30 AM

Obesity

by Anonymousreply 192October 10, 2019 12:43 AM

Rigidity. I get you need rules. I get you have standards. But that whole, I'm done, you violated one of my secret rigid rules. I just can't respect that at all, in any way.

by Anonymousreply 193October 10, 2019 12:45 AM

Lack of hygiene’. This can happen to highly educated and affluent people who don’t give a shit about it like some type of scientists.

by Anonymousreply 194October 10, 2019 12:53 AM

Being religious, which is my main point of disdain for Pete Buttigieg, an otherwise brilliant human and prime candidate for President. But I wonder also if the religious angle he plays is just a fake front to attract the vote of evangelicals. If that is the case, then he wins back my respect. Fuck evangelicals.

by Anonymousreply 195October 10, 2019 1:03 AM

R178 Gentiles leave and never say good-bye. Jews say good-bye and never leave.

by Anonymousreply 196October 10, 2019 1:03 AM

Being a Frau.

by Anonymousreply 197October 10, 2019 1:05 AM

really, every kind of religious person just makes you lose respect for them, r195? The vast majority of people in this country would at least say they are religious. You despise all of them?

by Anonymousreply 198October 10, 2019 1:05 AM

Prople who are cheap. They nickel-and-dime everyone around them to save a buck, sometimes even taking without pitching in, and wonder why no one invites them again.

by Anonymousreply 199October 10, 2019 1:07 AM

R184, you'd make a good Episcopalian. Just one sin ... The Sin of Poor Taste.

by Anonymousreply 200October 10, 2019 1:07 AM

*People

by Anonymousreply 201October 10, 2019 1:08 AM

R198 Not necessarily despise them, but not have any interest in them either.

by Anonymousreply 202October 10, 2019 1:10 AM

Musicians who are overtly political and activist.

by Anonymousreply 203October 10, 2019 1:27 AM

People who hate cats. Cats are a blessing to have in one's life.

by Anonymousreply 204October 10, 2019 1:44 AM

Everybody is so wimpy. I don't like this, I don't like that. When have we become so hostile to people we don't agree with? We need to just get along. I don't mean you have to follow what you don't agree with but everyone has the right to their beliefs as long as it isn't forced on others...

by Anonymousreply 205October 10, 2019 1:47 AM

Everybody is so wimpy. I don't like this, I don't like that. When have we become so hostile to people we don't agree with? We need to just get along. I don't mean you have to follow what you don't agree with but everyone has the right to their beliefs as long as it isn't forced on others...

by Anonymousreply 206October 10, 2019 1:47 AM

Being religious. Watching shows like This Is Us and For The People. Enjoying club music like Avicii.

by Anonymousreply 207October 10, 2019 1:53 AM

People that preach inclusiveness, but they are the first to excuse. Basically hypocrites

by Anonymousreply 208October 10, 2019 1:55 AM

An adult playing video games. People who REALLY care about sports. Adults who are anti-alcohol/anti-pot. Adults that give a fuck about Marvel characters. All of these are honestly just examples of immature people, so basically I just don’t respect immaturity.

by Anonymousreply 209October 10, 2019 1:56 AM

Exclude, not excuse^

by Anonymousreply 210October 10, 2019 1:56 AM

Racist, homophobic or misogynistic commentary or jokes. No second chances with that shit.

by Anonymousreply 211October 10, 2019 3:25 AM

Whataboutism.

by Anonymousreply 212October 10, 2019 3:36 AM

When they don't respect my time. Being kept waiting when a time has been agreed upon is not acceptable; I've been known to just cancel on people who weren't reasonably prompt. Rarely happens again.

by Anonymousreply 213October 10, 2019 3:51 AM

Banging married men who have minor children is a deal breaker for me. If there are no children, then do whatever you want. But don't involve kids in your whorish behavior.

by Anonymousreply 214October 10, 2019 1:28 PM

R214 Do you mean straight married men in 'monogamous' relationships? Because there are plenty openly gay men with kids who whore around.

by Anonymousreply 215October 10, 2019 2:18 PM

r88 I once made a remark about Britney Spears and a family member cut me off for over a yr...I thought she was joking at first. Nope she acted as if Insulted her directly

by Anonymousreply 216October 10, 2019 2:42 PM

Supports Tulsi Gabbard.

by Anonymousreply 217October 10, 2019 2:45 PM

Supports Mariann Williamson

by Anonymousreply 218October 10, 2019 2:46 PM

Supports Bernie Sanders

by Anonymousreply 219October 10, 2019 2:46 PM

Supports Donald Trump

by Anonymousreply 220October 10, 2019 2:46 PM

People trying to falsely give example they're wealthy or upperclass in shallow ways. Like always photographing themselves in front of "classy" environments on Instagram. EVERYONE CAN SEE YOU.

by Anonymousreply 221October 11, 2019 10:00 AM

people who use profanity/cuss every other word.. they can't get their point across on anything any other way?..

people who do not dress for the occasion or where they are at.... at a baseball game or a monster truck rally fine, but going to a museum or exhibit in shorts and t-shirt and flip flops?....

by Anonymousreply 222October 11, 2019 2:18 PM

People who keep complaining about some situation, then you give them advice, and they give you reasons why the advice won't work, and then start complaining again about the same thing later.

by Anonymousreply 223October 11, 2019 2:22 PM

If I see resin furniture outside the front of their house. (Backyard is okay)

by Anonymousreply 224October 11, 2019 2:26 PM

Would resin furniture on a semi-enclosed porch be acceptable? Asking for a friend, who has a porch, and isn't me.

by Anonymousreply 225October 11, 2019 3:21 PM

R225, to be on the safe side, dump the crummy resin furniture. Just put it out on your next trash day.

Go to Craigslist. Find something made of wrought iron or steel. Give it a quick paint job. You'll be good to go for a long, long time. And your shame will be mitigated. (Sorry, only mitigated. The stank of resin furniture endures.)

by Anonymousreply 226October 11, 2019 3:40 PM

For background: I've made a lot of money as an artist and am still young.

I lose respect for someone when I get the feeling that they're associating with me because they want money, expect me to always pay the tab, or expect me to hook them up career-wise in some way. Back when I was poor and struggling, I never had to think about this and doubt people's motives. Since attaining success in my field, I've had to cut off so many parasites that I can't even count them anymore.

by Anonymousreply 227October 11, 2019 5:17 PM

Sexism, misogyny.

by Anonymousreply 228October 11, 2019 5:57 PM

Lip, nose, or eyebrow rings. I just can't take such people seriously.

by Anonymousreply 229October 12, 2019 1:12 AM

R227 have you kept the friends and associates who you knew when you were poor and struggling? Did any of them turn into what you consider parasites? Was it surprising?

by Anonymousreply 230October 12, 2019 1:12 AM

R230 No, actually, the close friends I had years ago when I was broke and struggling are still my closest friends, and nothing's changed. My drug-addicted brother is one of the aforementioned parasites who's now persona non grata, along with several others (social climbers and lazy clods) who were in my circle when I first got established.

by Anonymousreply 231October 12, 2019 6:52 AM

I have lost respect for a friend who has just taken a high-paying marketing job with an international tobacco company.

I guess there were no jobs with arms dealers on offer.

by Anonymousreply 232October 12, 2019 8:20 AM

I'm a pretty live-and-let-live kind of guy but some things make me think less of people..

- people who base their life decisions on various New Age ideologies eg astrology

- people who espouse the entire canon of either liberal or conservative beliefs

- people who are old enough to know better who don't take care of their bodies

- people who earn their living through what I consider to be fraud

- hardline Muslims who support victimising women with barbaric practises.

by Anonymousreply 233October 12, 2019 8:29 AM

If a person's in any way mean to animals, better stay away from me.

by Anonymousreply 234October 12, 2019 10:01 AM

Anyone who works in public relations.

I only came to that after being for six years the business manager for a PR firm. Those fucking people are crazy. Shallow and crazy.

by Anonymousreply 235October 12, 2019 11:39 AM

[quote] Lip, nose, or eyebrow rings. I just can't take such people seriously.

J'agree, especially the nose ring thing. I always want to hand them a tissue. How gross.

by Anonymousreply 236October 12, 2019 12:57 PM

Tattoos scream "Loser." They don't look good. They look even worse after a period of years. They are not art. They interrupt the naturally beautiful lines of the human body. Half of them look like old burn scars.

Tattoos are merely a fashion accessory adopted by people who don't feel they can get by without following the herd. If you are confident in yourself, you don't need this bullshit. Maybe, just maybe, if you designed it and then inked yourself, we could appreciate the effort, not to mention the dexterity. But to pay someone else to do this shit to your body? No. Just no.

by Anonymousreply 237October 12, 2019 1:08 PM

R237, tattoos are so fucking ugly, you are spot on. The feel and look of skin is way better without ink.

R236, septum piercing are basically permanent boogers.

by Anonymousreply 238October 12, 2019 5:50 PM

Tattoos are just gross. It is so hot to see a guy now without tatoos- it is so rare. The next big thing... the CLEAN NON-CRIMINAL look

by Anonymousreply 239October 12, 2019 5:57 PM

R239, I really hope so. There's nothing sexier than a clean-cut, polite guy who's a beast in bed.

by Anonymousreply 240October 12, 2019 6:49 PM

*clean-cut, polite nerd*

by Anonymousreply 241October 12, 2019 6:49 PM

NEVER understood guys who are big and muscular whether actual bodybuilder size or just physique model size getting tattoos? i mean covering up your hard work for years with ink because?? kind of defeats the purpose of building your body! and if the mindset is that tattoos will make one look more "bad ass" and more alpha? isn't that what the body you have created is for? that is suppose to be intimidating (and hot!) enough!..

by Anonymousreply 242October 12, 2019 7:51 PM

Constant screeching about politics. Seriously, get a vibrator, get Xanax. Just *shut up*

by Anonymousreply 243October 12, 2019 7:58 PM

Get a social conscience, R243. At least try.

by Anonymousreply 244October 12, 2019 8:23 PM

R244 A social conscience doesn’t require being a chattering magpie. It means getting off your ass, shutting up and doing actual work.

You don’t have a conscience if all you do is bitch. You’re just a common scold and deserve to be repeatedly punched in the face.

by Anonymousreply 245October 12, 2019 8:47 PM

people who judge others

by Anonymousreply 246October 12, 2019 8:49 PM

people who judge others

by Anonymousreply 247October 12, 2019 8:49 PM

Having your nudes or sex tapes leaked.

by Anonymousreply 248October 12, 2019 8:54 PM

Going commando for the paparazzi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249October 12, 2019 8:56 PM

When people think Starbucks is good coffee. McDonald's and Dunkin both make superior coffee to Starbucks.

by Anonymousreply 250October 12, 2019 9:25 PM

Dunkin has bizarrely good coffee, R250. So out of left field.

by Anonymousreply 251October 12, 2019 9:30 PM

[quote]What types of things make you lose respect for someone?

1) Gay men and women that are destroying gay rights by advancing the Trans agenda. Blood is on their hands.

2) Trump support

3) Support for Russian stooge Bernie Sanders

by Anonymousreply 252October 12, 2019 9:30 PM

R251, yup. Yet people will spend like 5 or 6 bucks for one of those sugary desserts (frappuccinos) that barely qualify as coffee.

by Anonymousreply 253October 12, 2019 9:42 PM

Anyone who listens to Rush Limbaugh or any of those talk radio dickheads

Having a kid out of wedlock & then getting married with a baby on your hip; it's not that there's necessarily anything wrong with having a kid out of wedlock, it's the post-baby white wedding that just seems trashy & dim. By all means, get married if that's what works, but skip the huge wedding & with the big white dress

Anyone who leaves Fox News on all day (sorry Dad!)

by Anonymousreply 254October 12, 2019 9:46 PM

People who think their opinion is worth more than someone else’s..

by Anonymousreply 255October 12, 2019 10:15 PM

People who think their opinion is worth more than someone else’s..

by Anonymousreply 256October 12, 2019 10:15 PM

People who have wakes and funerals for their pets. Norma Desmond/Michael Jackson loony.

by Anonymousreply 257October 12, 2019 10:54 PM

Being Republican. That covers alot of territory.

by Anonymousreply 258October 12, 2019 11:30 PM

People who love to brag they don't even OWN a tv. Snobbery is so … pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 259October 12, 2019 11:35 PM

Wearing sweats and PF Flyers to an aerobics class.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260October 13, 2019 1:23 AM

Women with long disgusting acrylic nails. People who aren't nice to waiters/waitresses and maids/gardeners. Vanity license plates; taking two spaces to park. Bad parenting. Trophy wives/husbands - May/December romances where money is the obvious motive (my dad and his 30 years younger wife). Libertarian-ism and Repugs, of course.

by Anonymousreply 261October 13, 2019 2:07 AM

Why do you think Bernie is a Russian stooge, R252?

by Anonymousreply 262October 13, 2019 2:52 AM

Smoking. Not into drug addicts...

by Anonymousreply 263October 13, 2019 3:20 AM

R262, how can you not realize the obvious?

by Anonymousreply 264October 13, 2019 6:09 AM

R264 laughing hysterically at a clueless troll claiming Bernie’s a russian stooge, when the Republican Party and NRA take hundreds of millions from Putin’s cronies and engage in a criminal conspiracy to overthrow the constitution.

by Anonymousreply 265October 13, 2019 7:40 PM

People who claim they don't give a fuck about politics and think nobody else should either.

They're either Russians or stupid.

by Anonymousreply 266October 14, 2019 4:10 PM

1. People who wear fur 2. AOC, Deblasio and Cuomo fans 3. Burners 4. People who don’t feel empathy for the homeless 5. Cheap people 6. Those who speak poorly of their friends

by Anonymousreply 267October 16, 2019 1:43 AM

People who buy dogs from breeders or pet stores. Breeders no matter how lovely and caring they seem, putting a dog through the breeding process is actually cruel and abusive. Fucking adopt for gods sakes. How lame that you need a designer dog and if you have allergies and need a hypoallergenic dog then just don’t get one. You’re contributing to abuse when you buy. Don’t be selfish. Now that I’m done venting, have a great night my dl’ers.

by Anonymousreply 268October 16, 2019 1:47 AM

Anyone who announces he/she is applying to law school to "make a difference".

by Anonymousreply 269October 16, 2019 1:48 AM

I can’t stand people who still talk about the Ivy League school they went to. 25 years later. As if you’re a god bc you went to an ivy. I’ve met so many failures who went to Ivy’s and alternately huge successes who didn’t even finish college. They can buy and sell my ivy friends All.Day.Long.

by Anonymousreply 270October 16, 2019 1:50 AM

R267 R268 R270 Agreed and R269 Lol

by Anonymousreply 271October 16, 2019 1:52 AM

Anyone over the age of 19 who's fucking a teenager.

by Anonymousreply 272October 16, 2019 1:54 AM

^ Correction:

I can’t stand people who still talk about the Ivy League school they went to 25 years ago. As if you’re a god bc you went to an ivy. I’ve met so many failures who went to ivies and alternately I’ve met huge successes who didn’t even finish college. They can buy and sell my ivy friends All.Day.Long.

by Anonymousreply 273October 16, 2019 1:54 AM

Everyone that tells me that the reason why I’m still single is because I’m not “open” enough. Bitch, please. I can’t be any more open. If I’m any more open I’d be banging the soup line at the shelter.

by Anonymousreply 274October 16, 2019 1:57 AM

I lose all respect for anyone wearing Ivy League merch. That goes double for those who did not attend the Ivy named on their sweatshirt or hat.

by Anonymousreply 275October 16, 2019 2:30 AM

People who know every statistic for every player on their sports-ball team, but have no clue what's going on in the world, who their representative or senator is, etc.

Pay attention to shit that matters.

by Anonymousreply 276October 16, 2019 5:17 AM

Anyone who even hints that they consider "both parties" to be the same, so they don't vote, or voting doesn't matter, or …

I mean Jesus. Look around. It matters, and both parties are fucking polar opposites.

by Anonymousreply 277October 16, 2019 5:18 AM

Trolly personalities. The type that needles to get a reaction whether it’s in fun or just to get any reaction. It so narcissistic and boring.

by Anonymousreply 278October 16, 2019 5:43 AM

When someone wears a three piece suit with an off kilter bow tie and carries a giant sippee bottle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279October 16, 2019 1:28 PM

Thank you for your input, Boris. ^^^^^

by Anonymousreply 280October 16, 2019 1:30 PM

When someone's go to insult is "Boris"

by Anonymousreply 281October 16, 2019 1:36 PM

When people are calmly raging out but scaring you anyway with foot stomping, dropping things forcefully, darting in and out of the room.

by Anonymousreply 282October 16, 2019 5:57 PM

People who are obsessed with animal rights. These people typically lack empathy towards other humans so I take what they say with a grain of salt.

People who care whether you buy a dog from a breeder or not. I get it if you are pissed that someone bought from one of those terrible pet stores. But why do you care so much if someone bought their dog from a legitimate dog breeder? I loved my dog's specific breed so I went to a breeder to get one.

Fellow minorities who only seem to hang out with their own ethnicity to the exclusion of everyone else. I get it, you grew up in a new country and you're trying to keep your culture. You can still do that while mixing with other people (Indians and Pakistanis are particularly guilty of this). You're in a new country and you're trying to recreate things the way they were back home? Dumb.

People who lack interest in geography and/or history, ESPECIALLY in their own country. We Americans are obviously very guilty of this. I read a national geographic study showing that something like 30 or 40% of students in middle school didn't know where New York state was on the map. And New York state is not a small state.

by Anonymousreply 283October 16, 2019 6:03 PM

People who refuse to give you your space or accept that the friendship/relationship is over, and constantly call/text with name-calling, crying, begging, guilt-tripping, and refusal to leave you alone. Fuck off, find some self-esteem and dignity and grow up.

by Anonymousreply 284October 16, 2019 6:08 PM

Regular and recurring arrogance.

by Anonymousreply 285October 16, 2019 6:43 PM

People with bad plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 286October 16, 2019 7:07 PM

Evangelicals, Trump supporters, people who wear fur, guys or girls who hate strong outspoken women(Susan Sarandon for example) and Bernie supporters because most of them are nuts and intolerant of others views if they differ in any way from their own.

by Anonymousreply 287October 16, 2019 7:36 PM

R283 People who care about animal rights are typically incredibly empathetic and more sensitive than most. Your logic makes no sense.

Breeding dogs is cruel. It’s abusive. Period. Reading is fundamental. You actually don’t even need to be well-read on biology or animal science to grasp this basic notion.

by Anonymousreply 288October 16, 2019 9:08 PM

R288, I wasn't referring to al animal rights activists. I was specifically referring to a type of animal right activist who tends to get ultra sensitive about animals but displays sociopathic or apathetic views towards other people. I have met a lot of animal rights activists like this. I have especially seen a lot of people like this from my parent's country who are very loving and vocal animal rights activists but who are xenophobic, racist and hypocritical regarding their actions towards other people.

by Anonymousreply 289October 16, 2019 9:15 PM

R289

Oh okay. I agree with you there. I’ve seen/experienced that as well.

by Anonymousreply 290October 16, 2019 9:17 PM

R290, it really repulses me. Its like when Republicans go on and on about the rights of a fetus while they show completely callous attitudes towards the poor and/or minorities.

In an extreme comparison, Hitler was also an animal rights lover. And it was a big thing for him. That kind of extreme dichotomy bothers me about anyone.

by Anonymousreply 291October 16, 2019 9:22 PM

I agree about resin furniture in front of a house. Or the back for that matter!

by Anonymousreply 292October 16, 2019 10:51 PM

R291

You’re right he was! No I totally get it and agree! I have that visceral reaction to democrats who think homeless people are homeless bc they’re lazy and that it’s easy for them to get out of being homeless. That sort of thing.

by Anonymousreply 293October 16, 2019 11:51 PM

Seriously: People who say they prefer Miracle Whip to Mayonnaise.

by Anonymousreply 294October 17, 2019 3:35 AM

People who lament why they can't do something (travel, change careers, leave an awful partner, move, go back to school, start a business, start a band, etc etc). Yet there is no external reason for the impasse. Like, they might have money. Or they have other resources. Or they have support. Connections. Pre-approval from their partners. What have you.

And still, they will create lists of reasons why their dreams or goals are out of reach. You can see externally that it's all in their mind. They have fear. They feel intimidated. Impostor syndrome. Mommy issues. You name it. And instead of being self-aware, and seeing that they are being held back only by their own fears, and working with THAT...they instead project outward, making all these lame excuses as for why they are doomed to remain stuck in their rut. And they will get mad at you when you reason with them. They don't really want to hear the truth. They don't want to move out of their comfort/discomfort zones. Drives me nuts.

by Anonymousreply 295October 17, 2019 3:45 AM

Grown adults who flip out when they see harmless insects, like a a house spider. Do you REALLY need to shriek to high heavens? Did you get the attention you so desired? Are you satisfied now? Just step on it and move on!!

by Anonymousreply 296October 18, 2019 1:34 AM

An ex of mine would lose his shit over spiders. He would scream like a girl and run. Then he would shudder and cower. Then... the reason for the whole thing... he would glower and glare at the people, often me, who rolled their eyes at his show. If you suggested that therapy might help him with this phobia, he would curl his lip and denounce therapy has ineffective. No, this carrying on was the ONLY way to deal with a spider crossing his line of sight.

But he was a terrific bottom. And so I put up with the nonsense for longer than I should have.

by Anonymousreply 297October 18, 2019 12:04 PM

Regular marijuana use.

by Anonymousreply 298October 18, 2019 12:14 PM

Militant, preachy Atheists. It's okay not to share people's beliefs but you don't have to be so rude and condescending about it. If someone wants to pray when they're going through a rough time in life or if they want to believe their loved one's soul is in Heaven after they die, I fail to see what harm it does. It may be the only thing that gives them hope and the strength to go on another day. As long as they aren't going around acting like members of Westboro Baptist or anything, it is their own business.

by Anonymousreply 299October 18, 2019 12:47 PM

Republicans.

Voting for Cheeto or Jill Stein in 2016.

Still being a Republican today.

Meth use of any sort.

Owning an assault rifle or more than one handgun.

Living in a city and driving a truuuuck (you know what I'm talking about).

Dropping or not bothering to re-rack weights at the gym.

Not adequately cleaning out before getting ass up and taking cock.

Note: all of these are the same person.

by Anonymousreply 300October 18, 2019 12:57 PM

People who mock others for not having the newest and best iPhone. Sorry, not everyone has a spare $1000+ lying around to throw at Apple every year. And cheaper phones can connect to the same Internet/install the same apps as much as an expensive one can.

by Anonymousreply 301October 18, 2019 12:58 PM

People who actually LINE UP outside the Apple store to buy the latest iphone on the day of its release. People who are obsessed with Marvel movies. Gays who wear baseball caps backwards along with shitty tank tops in an effort to prove they are "masc" (it has the opposite effect). People who insist their tattoos are art and are shocked when employers look down on them. No--no, that shitty ink is not art. White gays who lack empathy of what minority gay men go through and are only interested in fucking/getting fucked by them.

by Anonymousreply 302October 18, 2019 2:10 PM

Wearing of an Apple watch.

by Anonymousreply 303October 18, 2019 2:12 PM

Anyone who prosthetises Jordan Petersen, Tony Robbins, Richard Dawkins or similar to me. I don't want to be in your cult.

by Anonymousreply 304October 18, 2019 4:05 PM

Guys who use poppers, if you can't enjoy sex without huffing on a bottle full of God knows what then get lost.

by Anonymousreply 305October 18, 2019 9:05 PM

[QUOTE] Living in a city and driving a truuuuck (you know what I'm talking about).

No I don't. Explain it to me as I were a five year old.

by Anonymousreply 306October 18, 2019 11:24 PM

Being a mean drunk. I knew a guy who was perfectly nice sober but after a couple of drinks he became a rage filled monster. He threw a glass of water on me, and I wasn’t even speaking to him at the time. Behavior like that when drunk shows who they really are.

by Anonymousreply 307October 19, 2019 12:47 AM

R307, on a similarish note, that's why I don't trust people who come off as too nice. They are generally the type of people to be mean drunks--the type of people who get off on the suffering of others.

by Anonymousreply 308October 19, 2019 1:50 AM

Non-working women. I don’t care how many kids you have (and by the way, why would you ever have more than 1 or 2?)

It’s just trashy to sit around on your fat ass, shitting out kids.

by Anonymousreply 309October 19, 2019 4:57 AM

Anyone who uses the term "fur babies."

by Anonymousreply 310October 19, 2019 12:39 PM

The humanity, tolerance and inclusivity of the left is so genuinely expressed here as death is wished upon anyone who disagrees with a particular very specific, rigid list of required beliefs.

by Anonymousreply 311October 19, 2019 12:48 PM

Apple Cultists

Trump Cultists

Bernie Cultists

by Anonymousreply 312October 19, 2019 6:07 PM

Regular references to Putin, Russian assets, etc.

Cheapskate

by Anonymousreply 313October 19, 2019 6:17 PM

Defenders or dismisses of Russian meddling in our elections or obvious Russian assets like Trump, Tulsi, Bernie, Stein...

by Anonymousreply 314October 19, 2019 6:46 PM

People who take all the non-binary "they/them" gender shit seriously.

by Anonymousreply 315October 20, 2019 1:26 PM

Expanding on R315, people who list their pronouns in their social media bios even if they aren't trans or non-binary or anything. If you see "he/him," "she/her," or "they/them," listed at the top of their profile, you can take it as a telltale sign they are batshit crazy and exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 316October 20, 2019 1:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!